Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Grace Vs Law! Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace Vs Law! Part 1 (637 Views)

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / Video:-grace Vs Law / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
The law was given by moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ!

The Law was given, Grace and Truth came! Grace and Truth wasn't given!
Truth is on the side of grace not law!

The Law was schoolmaster to bring us to Christ but now Christ is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster, the Law... Gal 3vs24-25!

The law demands righteousness from sinful men, grace supplies righteousness to sinful men!

The Law points u to urself, makes u self-conscious! Grace points u to Jesus, makes u Christ conscious!

Wen Moses came down from the mountain, pple ran away from him, but wen Jesus came down from the mountain, pple sought to touch him.

Wen the law of tablets was given 3000 pple died, wen the Spirit of Grace came, 3000 pple gave their life to Jesus!
Law demanded Holiness, Grace makes u holy!

God has moved mountains, he is no longer on mount sinai, Law. He is on mount zion, Grace!

The Law says if a man is a drunkard, stone him to death! But under grace, the father rushed to embrace the prodigal son!

Under the Law u ask, "am I accepted of the father?" But under grace u ask "has Jesus been accepted by the father?"

Brothers and sisters, Jesus went as the representative of mankind to the cross! He was not a sinner but He was made sin that we might become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

If it was possible for a righteous man to be made sin, then it became possible for a sinful man to be made righteous!

He took my place of death, sickness, sin and poverty and I took his place of life, health, righteousness and prosperity!

On that cross of calvary, Jesus said "I thirst"! Why? He was burning up as my burnt offering! My entire life time of sins (past, present and future) were laid on Jesus and He cried "IT IS FINISHED"!

The penalty has been paid! I'm forever saved and forever grateful to my master, lover, brother, Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ!

If u are blessed by this, drop ur comment! Thanks
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
For if by ONE MAN'S offence, death reigned by one, much more they which recieve ABUNDANCE OF GRACE and the GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS shall reign by one Jesus Christ. (Rom. 5:17).

Death reigned unto all men because of one man's offence, not because of the men's personal sins. Death reigned because of the offence of Adam. They which recieve grace in abundance shall reign in life.
The bible ddnt say they which recieve the law or works but they which recieve ABUNDANCE OF GRACE and GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, ( not works of righteousness) shall REIGN IN LIFE by one Jesus Christ.

Do you want to reign much more than death reigned? Then recieve (take a hold of) abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.
The devil doesnt want christian's to reign, so what do u think he will attack? He will attack the message of "abundance of grace and gift of righteousness". That is why he attacks the message and preachers that preach grace.
Have u recieved the abundance of grace? Have u recieved the gift of righteousness? Its a gift people!!! U dnt need to pay for it, u dnt need to work for it, just recieve it, how? By believing and declaring that u have the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness. If he accuses u, remind him that u have recieved righteousness. If he says that u ddnt qualify, say yes!!! If he says u are not gus enuf to earn it, say yes! Why? It wasnt given based on qualification! It wasnt given based on works! Jesus qualified and earned it, He then gave it to me. Jesus, therefore is my qualification.
Its tym to reign people!!!
If u are reading this and u r not born again, God is not counting ur sins against u but all He says is believe in his son Jesus.
Say these words audibly:
Lord Jesus, i come to u today. I believe that u died for me, i believe that u were buried for my sins and raised for my justification. I recieve remissions for my sins. You are the Lord of my life today. I am born again, i am a new creation. Thank you, Jesus.
Halleluiah!!!!

1 Like

Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Matt: 6:26; ···· behold the fowls of the air, they sow not neither do they reap or gather into barn yet YOUR heavenly father feedeth them...
Matt: 6:27; ... Consider the lilies of the field... Yet Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Amazing, if MY father takes good care of the birds and lilies, how much more me? Jesus DIDN'T say THEIR father takes care of them but YOUR father takes care of them. My father cannot leave me and be taking care of birds and lilies.

He took so much care of the lilies that they were more glorious than solomon in all his glory... Wow!!!
God is mindful of you.
Someone might say, why am i not seeing the blessing then?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness. The kingdom of God is not in meat and drink but in righteousness, peace and joy in the HOLY GHOST.

Enjoy righteousness, peace and joy in Holy ghost and all other things shall be added unto you.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Someone said "why shld pastors allow ladies that are wearing seductive clothes to enter into the church?"

My answer is, where else shld they enter? The church is not for perfect pple but for perfecting pple. If we dnt allow them, then we shldnt also allow armed robbers, liars, thieves, fornicators, corrupt pple, angry pple, swearers, haters, murmurers etc.

We shld stand by the door of the church and start checking to see if any sinner will enter the church. If sinners have stopped coming to ur church, pack up and go home. Its no longer a church.

The church is not a place for sinless and spotless pple but a place where men are made perfect in d word of God. (Go on tv and annouce that only righteous men shld come to ur church then we shld leave unrighteous pple for the devil.).

That u have perfected urself in a certain area dsnt mean u shld block the road for others to get perfect. We preach grace. Our truth is grace.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jesus said to men under the law "u shall know the truth and the truth will set u free".

Wait a second, I thought that since they were law keepers, they shld know the truth but NO. The truth is grace, u shall know grace and grace will make you free.

Law makes u to tremble and fear God but grace makes u to fall in love wit Jesus again and again. I love u Jesus!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
John 5:45. "Do not think i will accuse you to the father: there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom ye trust."
Amazing!
Jesus said that Moses is the one that accuses- he ddnt say "that will accuse" or "that accused" but "that accuses"!!! Its a present continuos act of accusation. How does this happen? What does He mean by its moses that accuses?
The bible said the Law came by moses- moses represents the Law. The law accuses and accusation accepted brings condemnation.

Satan is called the Accuser! The word satan means an opposer, an accuser. He is ur opponent. Before a man brings an accusation or becomes ur opponent in court, he must be armed with the law. The devil accuses with the Law. But the bible said Jesus abolished the laws and He disarmed principalities. He took away their weapon of accusation- which is the law.

Therefore the bible says and every tongue that rises against you in judgement(accusation), you shall condemn. How? Proclaim to that tongue that Jesus has disarmed the accuser and you are not condemned.

Take note; before the devil steals, kills or destroy, he must first bring his accusations and if you accept the accusations, he will have power over you.

What is the remedy for condemnation? Righteousness!!! Not right doing. Righteousness!!! Have this consciousness and proclamation: I am the righteousness of God.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by christemmbassey(m): 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
peedeeasobie: The law was given by moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ!

The Law was given, Grace and Truth came! Grace and Truth wasn't given!
Truth is on the side of grace not law!

The Law was schoolmaster to bring us to Christ but now Christ is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster, the Law... Gal 3vs24-25!

The law demands righteousness from sinful men, grace supplies righteousness to sinful men!

The Law points u to urself, makes u self-conscious! Grace points u to Jesus, makes u Christ conscious!

Wen Moses came down from the mountain, pple ran away from him, but wen Jesus came down from the mountain, pple sought to touch him.

Wen the law of tablets was given 3000 pple died, wen the Spirit of Grace came, 3000 pple gave their life to Jesus!
Law demanded Holiness, Grace makes u holy!

God has moved mountains, he is no longer on mount sinai, Law. He is on mount zion, Grace!

The Law says if a man is a drunkard, stone him to death! But under grace, the father rushed to embrace the prodigal son!

Under the Law u ask, "am I accepted of the father?" But under grace u ask "has Jesus been accepted by the father?"

Brothers and sisters, Jesus went as the representative of mankind to the cross! He was not a sinner but He was made sin that we might become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

If it was possible for a righteous man to be made sin, then it became possible for a sinful man to be made righteous!

He took my place of death, sickness, sin and poverty and I took his place of life, health, righteousness and prosperity!

On that cross of calvary, Jesus said "I thirst"! Why? He was burning up as my burnt offering! My entire life time of sins (past, present and future) were laid on Jesus and He cried "IT IS FINISHED"!

The penalty has been paid! I'm forever saved and forever grateful to my master, lover, brother, Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ!

If u are blessed by this, drop ur comment! Thanks
i wish d ljudaizers in christianity can comprehend this! God bless u plenty bro, u'v made my day.

1 Like

Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
"... And the blood of sprinkling, which speaks better things than the blood of Abel. (Heb 12:24)"

The bible lets us know that blood has a voice and therefore it can speak. God said to Cain, the voice of ur brothers blood cries out against you.

The blood of Abel cried for revenge against his murderer, the bible lets us know that the blood of Jesus speaks better things.

What is the blood of Jesus saying?
When Jesus ressurected, He presented his blood at the MERCY seat of God(not the revenge seat or law seat). Today, that blood cries MERCY, MERCY, MERCY. Mercy for the sinner, Mercy for the sick, mercy for the poor, !!!

Heb 12:25; "See that ye refuse not him that speaks"
What is the bible telling us? See to it that you refuse not mercy, refuse not grace, refuse not Jesus.

Some have rejected grace and mercy and have clinged to law and self righteousness...
Enter into the rest of God!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
The bible talks about the "arrows that flieth in the day...", what are these arrows?

We must understand spiritual warfare. It is not shouting "Holy ghost fire" and "back to sender", but in understanding.

Firstly, how do spirits make war? Through words. Have u ever seen a dumb native doctor before? Never. Why?
because no matter the charms they prepare if they dnt speak words, it will be meaningless. Words are the tools of spirits. Negative words are always going forth against us from pple around us, far or near.

These are spiritual warfares. The devil brings his attack on us thru negative words that came as a result of negative thinking.

How do we combat this attacks and strategems? Thru WORDS. When u hear negative words or thoughts, u combat them thru words.

What then do u say? Say "i am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus". " i am a winner". I am rich, i am a success, i am a victor, i am going upward and forward only.

Speak these words and make warfare, stay in the secret place of the most high by "saying". I will say, He is my fotress and my refuge.
Hahahaaahahaha!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
God does not lie and cannot lie not because he is bound by our idea of morality or our idea of right and wrong but because He is God.
What He says becomes. His words are truth, not just true only but truth.

If u present a "white" material to God and ask him the color, if he says it is "red", then by the tym u look at the material again, it will be red. That is my God.

The devil is a native liar, he is the father of all lies. When he speaks, he speaks lies. U dnt judge the words of the devil with circumstances but with the word of God.

If the devil comes to u in d morning and says "gudmorning", dnt go out to check if he is saying the truth, just know he is lieing.

When God says "u r rich", dnt start checking ur pocket. Just say "yes sir and i am whom u say i am.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Psalm 91 vs 16; "...With long life will i satisfy thee...", What does this mean?
God is not just saying "I will give u long life". When you give a man food, how would u know wen he is satisfied? Are u the one that will tell him that he is satisfied or he will tell u when he is satisfied?

Its the man that will tell u wen he is satisfied. God is saying "I will give you life untill you say 'God i am ok', i have had enough". God's long life to you is ur choice, how long u want to live is ur choice!

A lot of pple will say but "many have died who ddnt say they have had enuf". The question is "what was their confession?"

When you say "ur joke is killing me", "u r tickling me to death", what do u think u are saying? If u want to live long, honour ur parents and refrain ur tongue from speaking death or sickness.

Learn Word confession not just positive confession. Inundate ur being with the speaking and meditation of God's word.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by JesusisLord85: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
peedeeasobie: The law was given by moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ!

Not another one of these threads.

Did Moses give the law, or did God give him to proclaim it to the people?

Exactly!

Was Moses saved by the law? Was David? No!
They knew grace also. Why? The law was never intended to bring salavtion.

Vain babblings.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is death compulsory? Must christians die?

This is one topic that wld probably attract criticism both from christians/none christians alike.

Let me attempt to provide an answer.

When Adam sinned, what was the effect of his disobedience? Physical death, spiritual death, sickness, poverty etc.

If we say that Jesus paid the full penalty of Adam's sin, if we say that everytn is finished; it then means that the effect of Adam's sin has been taken care of.

It means that sickness shld no longer have dominion on the christian, it means that poverty shld no longer control a christian, it means that PHYSICAL DEATH HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. IF DEATH ENTERED INTO THE WORLD because OF ADAM'S SIN THEN PHYSICAL DEATH HAS BEEN ABOLISHED because OF JESUS' DISOBEDIENCE. do not be afraid of death, it has been defeated.

Jesus has brought life and immortality to light thru the gospel. This is the gospel; that man can live forever!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by JesusisLord85: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
peedeeasobie:
It means that sickness shld no longer have dominion on the christian, it means that poverty shld no longer control a christian,

That's interesting. I remember Paul writing Timothy about him being sick.
I remember Paul collecting money for the poor among them. Maybe those guys just hadn't "sowed" the seed

1 Like

Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by shdemidemi(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Not another one of these threads.

Did Moses give the law, or did God give him to proclaim it to the people?

Exactly!

Was Moses saved by the law? Was David? No!
They knew grace also. Why? The law was never intended to bring salavtion.

Vain babblings.

My Judaism friend, please stay away from this Christian/grace thread. You say you are the son of the bond woman, why do you poke into the affairs of the sons of the free woman, why?
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...". What does it mean to wait upon the Lord? Many christians think u wait upon the Lord when u fast and u are waitin for him to do sumtn, nothn can be further from the truth than dat.

Think of a waitress in a resturant, wat if she comes to u and says "pls i am waitin for you to do sumtn for me?" What will be ur reaction? U will just assume that she doesnt know her responsibility.

"To wait upon the Lord" is to ask Him what He wants, it is to serve the Lord. It is to take His orders, it is not to ask Him for anything but to lavish your time and love upon him in worship and listening to hear what He wants.

When you do this, you will see your strength being renewed daily, u will live in constant victory and replenishment.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
"...And hath raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2vs6).

As believers, we have the authority over the devil and his cohorts. Just think of that traffic warder who is directing cars on the road; he may be short, look weak, inconsequential, infact he may have even lied to before coming to that duty post BUT as long as he is the traffic guy incharge, you cannot disobey him.

You may not like his face, but u cannot disobey him. because though he may look weak, he has authority backin him up.

Brothers and sisters, when you are born again, u have authority over the devil, dont allow him to set up his office in ur life; ur bizness, ur school, ur
finances, ur health.

If you have been experiencing ups and downs in ur life, its tym to cast dat devil responsible away.

Just say "you devil, in the name of Jesus, get out of my home/bizness/finances/academics etc. and he will flee.

You are the king's kid, the devil may not like ur face, he may think u r weak but he cant do anytn about it.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
"Trinity"; God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit;

This is the God-Head. This is the highest decision making body in the whole heaven, earth and the universe.

They made a decision about Sodom and it was settled, they made a decision about the world during Noah's time and it was settled, they made a decision about Nebuchadnezer and it was settled.

"This matter is by the decree of the watchers and the demand of the Holy ones..."(Daniel 4vs17). It was not one person that took that decision but several.

Then who are these watchers? "....the Lord said, shall i hide from Abraham that thing which i do...?"(Gen 18vs17) God had to tell Abraham wat He was about to do and Abraham interceded.

Who are these watchers? God said i have set you as a watchman. These watchers have become an intergral part of the Godhead!!! "...ye might be partakers of his divine nature,..."(2Pet1vs4).

The christian is part of the TRINITY. GOD- the bible says ye are gods; the Son- Jesus is the head and we are his body, u cant have a head without a body.
So if the head is part of the trinity, the body is part of it too; the Spirit- he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit with the Lord.

We are one Spirit with the Lord. We are now part of the highest decision-making body on earth, in heaven and in hell.

Therefore nothing shld happen without ur permission! Dont allow anybody to die without ur permission!! Get on your knees and cause some changes now from the throne room!!! You are a watcher!!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
"... and what is the exceedin greatness of his power to-usward who believe, accordin to the workin of his mighty power, which he wrought in christ when he raised him from the dead..."(Ephesians 1vs19-20).

This is a "shouting scripture"!.

God has made available to us the same power that raised up Jesus from the dead, He wants that power to operate thru us.

WOW!!! No wonder Paul called it "EXCEEDING POWER"! meaning that it exceeds ordinary human power.

This is the power of the Holy Ghost, this is the glory of the Father!! If this power can raise Jesus from the dead, it can destroy heart disease, HIV, cancer;

it can cause untold wealth to come to you; it is the same power that made Joshua to command the sun to stand still (thereby stoppin d rotation of earth for hours);

When we meditate and walk in the consciousness of this scripture, there is no tellin wat we can do...
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
History has it that a man called "Jesus" walked on this earth, He performed miracles that no man ever did before his time; He raised the dead, unstopped deaf ears, opened blind eyes, etc.

History also has it that He was crucified and that on his crucifixion day, there was darkness all over the world at that time.

Some said that he didnt die, that he was just unconcious, some said his disciples stole his body, others said the Roman soilders took his body;

(1) How can u put a spear thru a man's heart, hang him on a tree for that long, and put him inside an embalmer and he would still be alive?

(2) If the disciples stole his body, dats a miracle!!! How can eleven defenceless men still a body amidst the best trained solders(ROMAN SOLDIERS) at that time, who neither sleep nor slumber during a watch?

(3) If the romans took his body, they shld bring it out and end this "claim" by christians that Jesus is alive.

Based on History, Jesus is alife; Based on the bible, Jesus is alife....

WE WIN!!!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by peedeeasobie(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
History has it that a man called "Jesus" walked on this earth, He performed miracles that no man ever did before his time; He raised the dead, unstopped deaf ears, opened blind eyes, etc.

History also has it that He was crucified and that on his crucifixion day, there was darkness all over the world at that time.

Some said that he didnt die, that he was just unconcious, some said his disciples stole his body, others said the Roman soilders took his body;

(1) How can u put a spear thru a man's heart, hang him on a tree for that long, and put him inside an embalmer and he would still be alive?

(2) If the disciples stole his body, dats a miracle!!! How can eleven defenceless men still a body amidst the best trained solders(ROMAN SOLDIERS) at that time, who neither sleep nor slumber during a watch?

(3) If the romans took his body, they shld bring it out and end this "claim" by christians that Jesus is alive.

Based on History, Jesus is alife; Based on the bible, Jesus is alife....

WE WIN!!!!!
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by JesusisLord85: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

My Judaism friend, please stay away from this Christian/grace thread. You say you are the son of the bond woman, why do you poke into the affairs of the sons of the free woman, why?

Think I explained that verse for you already.
So all those pre-Christ were in bondage abi. lol. blasphemer.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by shdemidemi(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Keep them coming OP

His love is too wide and too long and too high and too deep. As I began to get to know this God, I couldn’t get enough. His word has completely renewed my mind to a point where the appetite to do the will of my flesh subsides day by day.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hum... Judging from what i read, the first two are highly impregnated with divine life. I had to stop, and go back to re read it.
I think the OP should have stopped with those two post.
And the first post bears the style of Kenyon.
Re: Grace Vs Law! Part 1 by flourishG(m): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2013
All dem heavy stuffs right there @ op

(1) (Reply)

Terrific Prayer For The Ember Months. / Help!!!! / What Does Holiness Mean To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.