Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? (6158 Views)

Poll: Which Is Responsible for Chelsea's Success?

Mourinho 's Managerial Capabilities: 60% (21 votes)
Abrahamovich Millions?: 40% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Has Benitez Been A Chelsea Success At Chelsea? / Abrahamovich's Wife To Bid For Arsenal FC / 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by shashxxl(m): 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2006
My Verdict
Abrahamovic's Millions 80%
Mourinho's Management 15%
LUCK 5%

, UTTER NONSENSICAL JARGONS
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2006
shashxxl:

Mourinho lives and breath football. Ifu don't believe ask Joe Cole , a player Mourinho has helped reinvented.The hardest job in football is keeping array of stars happy and getting the best out of them e.g egos and all that comes with territory.Mourinho might come across as arrogant but successful people its called ultra confidence.Mourinho does his homework on oher teams with detailed powerpoint illustrations to his players to the extent that players like John Terry,Lampard and even Robben confessed Mourinho makes their jobs easy with his prematch analyses in dressing room that by the time they file out on the pitch they know what to expect fromeach player in the opposition's team. Special One deserves his dues,and its high time he is applauded.
With the signing of Shevchenko and Ballack, champions league and premiership will be on the cards next season though i must admit Benitez and Liverpool have done some tremendous work last season but chelsea has raised the bar and Mourinho is a perfectionist. Finally seems many people have selective amnesia with the fact that Blackburn rovers won with millions in 1995 but couldnt retain as they fell apart.Big up to Mourino.The Special One

Oh boy, you are in another planet o.

I welcome you to this forum but be ready for the bashing from some people who analyse with hatred.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ hucs.
U jst wunt giv up uhn, well what u feel cant b felt by everybody.

U said porto and benfica shared d portuguese league, do u knw d background of mourinho, wy was he appointed porto's coach? Since porto is a big club in portugal will dy go 4 an underperformer coach? Do u knw what he did in liera? (hope dats corect). Answer dis qsts 4 me.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by rikkyjen(m): 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hucarson wont stop amazing me with his Brillant analysis!!!!. smiley smiley. Where is Jackal,? im expecting his comments too.

Akola, you must reply,it would be so nice learning stats from you guys!!!! wink wink
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ Akola,
This wont degenerate into any chaos.
We r both matured and non-objective like the entities of the other thread.
Pls bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@shashxxl,

I totally disagree with u and ur comments.
Claudio Ranieri was a tinker-man but his sweats were the foundation Jose built his empire on.
Ranieri came 2nd in a season(2003/04) Arsenal were in a blistering form. I doubt if Jose could have won the Premiership in that season cos Arsenal played some brilliant football.

The same Ranieri kicked out Arsenal at Highbury in the Champions league. Ranieri could have steered Chelsea to the title if he had stayed a season longer. Mourinho came in when the team started to gel. Terry's confidence had been restored and Lampard was beginning to show his amazing talents.
All the balderdash about pre-match analysis is watery. Do u know any manager that does not give detailed pre-match analyis? Fans even do that!
Where was his pre-match analysis against Middlesboro and Barcelona at Stamford Bridge?

A manager will only make do of the materials at his disposal. Mourinho has these materials in excess and he is making advantage of it.
The question is: Wld he have achieved this success at Sunderland FC or Wigan Athletic? Hell Nah.
Pick ur palm-top and calculate the amount of millions that warms the bench week in-week out at Chelsea?
I can manage Chelsea to achieve lots more than Mourinho with the kind of financial backing and resources he has got.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and see how many titles he will clinch next season with the array of stars he has acquired.

Conclusion:
Roman's billions has helped Mourinho more than his managerial capabilities has done.
PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2006
@hucs.
So what u ar trying 2 say nao is dat d billions of abrahamovic is responsible 4 brain of mourinho abi.
U said anybody can (including u) achieve more than mourinho if u av d financial backn abi, wats hapening wit caro lopez coach of real madrid, wy cant he turn d club around.

My conclusion:
d ability of d coach helps in d success of a team regardless of financial backn.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Jackal(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ Akola,
As much as i don't wanna oppose u on this debate,i think Hucarson is right.

Mourinho is a brilliant manager but he wouldn't have won the Premiership at Bolton or even Blackburn.

Its obvious Roman's financial backing helped Mourinho more than his managerial skills like Hucarson has simply proved.
Theres nuthing left to say or drag here but i think Mr Hucs was harsh.
I will say
Roman's Millions 60%,
Mourinho's managerial skills 40%
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2006
hucarson:

I can manage Chelsea to achieve lots more than Mourinho with the kind of financial backing and resources he has got.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and see how many titles he will clinch next season with the array of stars he has acquired.

I hereby recommend you for Super eagles job. grin

@Jackal

Thanks man.

@Everyone

I will check the whole house tommorow and check Baba Alex ferguson's comment on the similar subject.

I will quote it tommorow.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ lalaboi,
I didn't say that.
I gave Jose 15% and that means he has got brains.

Madrid's scenario is quite different from Chelsea's
All the Managers in the premiership working together could not have changed Madrid's situation around.
The club is so complex and they believe in the "so called" big stars and until they start re-building, they will plunge the way Barcelona did some years back when they cld not even qualify for UEFA champions league.
Zidane stated he is retiring from club football to allow some young talents to play in Real Madrid cos he knows the club will continue to parade old and tired legs if he doesn't pave way.

Real Madrid is a club where the management influence the player selection to boost their market. All the galacticos must play whether fit or unfit unless they r practically injured. No manager can cope with the way Madrid is handling their team so its a different scenario to Chelsea's.

Abrahamovic is an ardent football fan but he never interferes with who plays and who warms the bench. He has given Mourinho the best of support and Jose has no excuse than to deliver.

I wld have achieved lots better than Mourinho in this kind of scenario. Lotz of money to buy any player i want to make them play and gel as a team
is the easiest of task. I sometimes do that on PS2's football manager.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 3:15am On Jun 02, 2006
@hucs
u av said it urself, u do it on ps2 football manager. I do it on championship manager on d computer. Based on my knowledge of this game u ar talkn about, i believe u wuld av attempted transforming a small team into a big team. Tell me, b4 d begining of d season hw much is ur total money 4 u 2 manage d club.
I'm sure u urself loose sometimes when using big clubs.
For u nao, doing it on game is d samething as doin it real live. And because u ar good on d game nao means u can be gud real live. Total nonsense.
Hey man, coaching is nt a simple job. Dis man has tried, is it money that gives d players confidence when under pressure? Wen man utd wer catchn up on us last seasn, most members of d team were scared. Bt we came out champions. U c dis shows u dat dis man (mourinho) is nt only only a coach, he's a coach+psychologist. Most managers dnt av dis attribute, wenger lacks it whch showed in d 2002/2003 season.
So pls dis man deserves it regardless financial backn.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2006
@ lalaboi.
I have never lost as a football manager on any PS2 game.
With the money available i have been able to assemble the best team in the world on Pro-Evolution 5's master league.
I have Pele,Zico,Beckenbauer,Socrates,Careca and Maradona etc in ma team.

I don't think u really know what it means to have an infinite financial resources in football of these modern days.
The fact is majority of these players want to win something for 'emselves. The only people that are still passionate about football these days are U & I(the fans).
These players are like War Mercenaries and will stop at nothing to play for any team as long as good money is involved.
Mourinho is keeping everyone happy at Chelsea because these players are getting paid very well. There's a fierce competition in the team so it aint a stigma if any of these players gets to sit on the bench every matchday. It is only in Chelsea a player worth £21m will start in just 10 matches out of 38 games in a season.

Shaun Wright-Phillips knows he will not get many appearances he got at Man City before he joined Chelsea but that was not his objectives.
The main priority is money and medals the team gets collectively. These medals are what Wright-Phillips will show his grand-children in some years to come. He cannot get these medals at Man City or Arsenal so he decided to sacrifice his match appearances for medals and good pay packet.
To be fair, it is the medals that count. No one will ask u how many games u started while at Chelsea compared to Man City in years to come.
This is why i dont blame Mikel Obi. He wants a good CV for himself.
Shevchenko claims he moved to England because he wants his kid to learn English language. Why didn't he go to Liverpool or Everton where real cockney is spoken. Why Chelsea?
Its all about money and the medals u can show for it in the near future.grin  grin grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Jackal(m): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2006
@ Mr Huccs.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
This analysis is absolutely brilliant.
I am now more convinced Cash Rules.
Akola wont find this funny at all. grin grin

Meanwhile, i doubt if ur master league team can conquer mine o.
I have the creme de la creme players from 1930's till 2006.
Justin Fontane(World Cup's highest goal scorer) is the captain of my team so watch out.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Christino(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2006
Hucarson just hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine, No Nigerian player has achieved what Kanu has not even Okocha, yet prolly more than 20 have played more games than he has, what's the difference? Medals.

But the bug in this is that Real Madrid (and Inter) are clear exceptions.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2006
Did liverpool show interest in shevy? Shevy has been chelseas target 4 three gud years.
Nao u say shevy came 2 chelsea because of money, haba! U are nao telln me dat ac milan cant afford shevy. Tell me any premiership club dat shown interest in chelsea.
U shuld understand wat it means 2 make use of an opportunity.
He's an ukrainan, his wife is an american. Dier children speak italian!!. He saw a chance 2 improve things in his family n he utilized it.

As for SWP, u said he started 10 matches, in those 10 matches if he had justified his worth he wouldnt be sittn on d bench. In chelsea dy try 2 bring out d best in u dats wy der will always be cometition. Just wait and see 4 urself, nxt seasn. If SWP doesnt perform then u av won d case about him.

U said u av neva lost in d football manager in pro 5. U see in ur own case u play d match, controll d playas, hw will u loose tell me. If u want 2 test ur managerial skills, go and buy championship manager. It works only on computer, dis will show what coaching n managing means. In d case of championship manager, u dnt control hw a playa kicks d ball or hw he scores. U as d manager, buy ur playas with cash available (which depends on d club), set ur formation, make tactics. And watch ur playas play. Try it out, u'll see dat its not easy coach.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2006
While i will still not respond to your comment. Here is what Sir Alex Ferguson has to say about JOSE and Financial backing.

WE KNOW CHELSEA HAVE RAISED THE FINANCIAL STAKES, BUT MONEY IS NOT THE TOTAL REASON FOR SUCCESS. THERE IS STILL A TEAM TO BE BUILT, BALANCE TO BE CREATED, TACTICS TO BE APPLIED AND SPIRIT TO BE GENERATED.

ALL THIS JOSE MOURINHO HAS DONE AND, WHAT IS REMARKABLE IN HIS FIRST SEASON HERE.

TO COME INTO THE PREMIERSHIP AND LEAVE ALL OF US STANDING IS BRILLIANT AND WE OFFER OUR SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS.

For a Manager, new to the country, and the English game, breaking entirely new ground, itsformidable achievement. They have cetainly raised the bar for the rest of us.

There was no catching them, as i'm sure Arsene Wenger will agree, and a new Chalenge has arrived for the rest of us.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2006
Know u av heard wat ur oga said, oya start shouting, did u hear d last sentence, he is sure arsene wenger will agree dat a knew challenge has arrived.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Christino(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2006
That's a classical manager
speaking. I bet Mourinho mighta said the opposite if the case was reversed.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2006
@christino.
Do u knw mourinho has respect 4 alex ferguson. He said it will take him ten years b4 he can match d achievments of ferguson.
So wats d negative feeling about mourinho all about or is it because he beat u 2 win d leag last season.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lordimpaq(m): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2006
@huc

i love u man, for once i admire your guts and analysis,

u are one hell of a guy, well done pal,

your analysis is just too brilliant!! wat can i say i'm speechless.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lordimpaq(m): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2006
well i say,

roman's millions and jose's managerial capabilities go together,

it complimentary, after all without so much money as chelsea in 2004 he went ahead to win the UCL with porto and the previous year he won the UEFA cup with porto, , i mean that guy's good, we gotta admit it, but definitely roman's millions helped to acquire the players that can achieve what chelsea has achieved in the last two years.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2006
Christino:

That's a classical manager
speaking. I bet Mourinho mighta said the opposite if the case was reversed.

Some of you even dont know Jose at all.

I remember somebody asking me if Jose had coached any team before coming to Chelsea.

This is what he says of Mr Wenger when he sold Viera " Nobody should blame Wenger , he is an intelligent man and he knows what he is doing"

&

About Sir Alex : " He is the Manager's manager, everytime i goes to Old Tratford, i always learn one or two things from him"

Before you judge, research well well.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,
May God BLESS u for your comments.
The 2 factors go together no doubt but Chelsea fans wont agree to the fact that money has played a bigger role than Jose's brilliance.

@ Akola,
Your quotes have not disproved my theory. I am not saying Roman's money was the ultimate and only factor to Chelsea's success.
Ferguson meant: Money is not the total reason for success but it is the catalyst.
Jose is brilliant but he is not that "special". Managers like Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger would have achieved the same results if not more than Mourinho if they find 'emselves in that kind of luxury.
Rafa won the UCL in his debut season @ England and there was no noise about him being special.

@lalaboi,
I use ma players in the PS2's master league to play other peops on the net.
Dont get it twisted-there are loads of brilliant players on the net especially in Japan and China. These lads are good but my team always win through penalty shoot-outs or golden goal rule.

How can SWP ever justify his worth without consistent appearances? The bench knocks out players' confidence and everyone knows that.
Louis Saha is a classic example. He wasn't that good when he was warming the bench but things changed a bit better when he was starting games. There's no way SWP can ever justify his worth in that star-studded Chelsea team. SWP has to start from the scratch again. His best bet will be Chelsea loaning him to either Wigan or Everton where he can get enough appearances to boost back his confidence.

Did u say Chelsea tries to bring the best in players? I am yet to see that happen in Drogba and Crespo. They were better players in their previous clubs but they seem to have deteriorated since joining Chelsea. I didn't see any best in Kezman,Thiago and Gudjonsen so what are u talking about here?
Chelsea has devalued more players than it has valued. Kezman a.k.a "The Bat" was the most painful in the whole lot. He was a goal-scoring machine at PSV but Mourinho's dud formation of a lone striker made Mateja useless.

I appreciate the fact that Sheva wants his kid to learn English Language but there are other 19 clubs he could have moved to apart from Chelsea.
Why can't he follow Diego Maradona's steps who stayed at Napoli(Serie B team) even after winning the world cup in 1986.
Other clubs wanted him but he stayed with Napoli and virtually dragged 'em himself from Serie B to Serie A and won the scudetto(twice) Italian cup(once) UEFA cup(once) Italian super cup(once).
Its weird but i just feel anyone(players and fans) that has joined Chelsea in the last 3 years did so because of the money involved and the immediate success.
Only Akola is an exception here because record books say he has been with Chelsea since 1955. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2006
lordimpaq:

well i say,

roman's millions and jose's managerial capabilities go together,

it complimentary, after all without so much money as chelsea in 2004 he went ahead to win the UCL with porto and the previous year he won the UEFA cup with porto, , i mean that guy's good, we gotta admit it, but definitely roman's millions helped to acquire the players that can achieve what chelsea has achieved in the last two years.

Thank you so muchhhhhhhh.

@Hucarson

Please note this: I hate Jose with Passion before he came to Chelsea. I even want him to lose against Monaco.

He is Special but the millions help.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2006
@ Akola
Thank u very much for admitting the millions helped Jose. grin grin grin
I guess this should now end the discussion.

U r free to officially close this thread.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by MrBean(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2006
Abrahamovich Millions
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by debosky(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2006
hucarson:

Its weird but i just feel anyone(players and fans) that has joined Chelsea in the last 3 years did so because of the money involved and the immediate success.
Only Akola is an exception here because record books say he has been with Chelsea since 1955. grin grin grin grin grin
I agree
without the millions of Abramovsky, Jose would've done well, maybe not back to back titles, but he'd still have performed. but with that kind of dough? man there is no competition.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by 4Play(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2006
The 2 factors are as important as the other.Without the money Chelsea wont be as succesful but without Mourinho they wont be succesful either.Each is as important as the other
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by bami(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2006
please oh, which bar has jose raised? premiership or europe. he only raised the bar for spending filling pockets. this is someone that lost to liverpool who did not spend up to half of what he spent but yet won the european cup.
believe me shevchenko will dry up of goals.
believe money is the ultimate because he would not be at chelski if not for the money
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2006
U see urself again, comparing shevy wit maradona, a seria a team wit a seria b team.
What has maradona got 2 do wit dis case nao. Ehn.

As for SWP, i said wait till nxt season dn if he doesnt justify his worth den u win. Simple!

As 4 kezman, he calls himself a striker and he cant play alone upfront. As a striker u shuld b able 2 play alone sometimes.
Do u think d 4-3-3 we use nao was mourinho's initial formation? In his first season, he used 4-4-2, and went 3 games without a goal, den he changed 2 4-3-3, which workd perfectly 4 him.
As 4 gudjonson in mourinho's first season he played at his best.
What more do u want drogba to do, mourinho knws what he wants frm him. Who again crespo, if u notice most south americans dat come 2 england dnt usually succeed. E.g. Jardel, pandiani, etc.

And u still think because u win on a game, u can also win real live. Well i dn leav u with ur own.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2006
Hucs

pls i wnt 2 knw when and why did u choose 2 be a red devil.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 12:21am On Jun 03, 2006
JAMB question!

What will you offer him if his answer proves to be satisfactory?
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 9:29am On Jun 03, 2006
Let him answer first.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Barcelona Fan Crying / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa On Sunday, January 2nd; 2.30pm / Greatest Footballers of All Time! (soccer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.