Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? (63255 Views)

I Bought My Certificates For N100,000 – Fake LUTH Doctor Confesses / 15 Exam Cheats Now Born Again Return Their WAEC Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phiniter(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2008
Please what did he say is his real name now??

1 Like

Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2008
my new name is Muhammed Abass Olaiya, the name on my jamb notification slip is Olaiya Abass Olaiya
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by eramate(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2008
since u went to court 4 correct use the name n continue in life God will see u through u get me on 0703367170 or 07055698770 4 more advice
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by jlee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2008
Wel there's no much harm done yet, you are still on the right part

You did a right thing swearing an Affidavite of correction of name which justifies your full name now as "Muhammed Abass Olaiya"

You can go on using your correct name now with the affidavites attached

But i ll advise stronglly that get another certificate of Origin bearing your correct name cos i don't thinck affidavites urtenticates that.
Which u all d best bro cos no one is above mistake grin
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2008
i will make sure i do dat
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
Nairalanders I'm still Afraid, i dont knw if univesities will approve the affit avid.
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2008
I posted a Thread (It My Life please, don't Ignore) Many Months ago, Thanks to Nairaland/Education they really helped me on what to do but i'm still wondering if their suggestion would work.

My Names are Spelled Different in my Certificates, i came asking Nairaland/Education for Solutions, some mocks but i was finally advised To do Affidavits.

My Names Was Like These.

Primary: Mohammed Abass
NECO: Muhammed Abass
WAEC: Mohammed Olayinka Abass
JAMB: Olaiya Abass Olaiya

I did Affidavits, My Names are Now Muhammed Abass Olaiya but I'm still afraid, I'm afraid of them denying me of certificates bcs the names combined in the affidavit are many. I'm 85% sure of getting admission this year

Now Its New Nairalanders, n there must be New Experience, have ever seen this type of case before? Would they Deny Me of My Certificates? is The Question Now
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by zikirullah(m): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
Of course they will, how will you use different names for different school certificates.
but if you attach affidavit for change of names it can be approved.
grin grin grin tongue tongue grin grin grin

besides (o gbadun) did you hear me well. and stop asking such a question
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by BigStar1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2008
this is serious.

You need to keep on praying.
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Slyjay1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2008
undecidedguy,u Bleep up. my guy happen 2 pass tru dis situation wen we were seekin 4 admision den. d skul authority ask him 2 bring his afidavit n change of name newspaper so he spend extra 1 year at home. hurriedly go 2 d press n do ur change of name. guy,hola me 4 yim make we yarn. u knw say ''omo iya kan na laje'' cheesy
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2008
Sly-jay:

undecidedguy,u mess up. my guy happen 2 pass tru this situation when we were seekin 4 admision den. d skul authority ask him 2 bring his afidavit n change of name newspaper so he spend extra 1 year at home. hurriedly go to the press n do ur change of name. guy,hola me 4 yim make we yarn. u knw say ''omo iya kan na laje'' cheesy

ohhh my God, i'm really in trouble. Do i need to go to press again?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2008
is His name many like mine?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Phemour: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2008
n y didn't he do what they what, was he facing financial problem or what?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by lanreade(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
I nid ur advice in my Waec I have Adegbenro Adebukola Ola, In my GCE i have Adegbenro Adebukola Lanre, In my Degree certificate i have Adegbenro Adebukola lanre, in my birth cert i have Adegbenro Adebukola Olanrewaju, in my International Passport i have Adegbenro Adebukola Olanrewaju likewise my NYSC certificate.What do u think I can do to correct this?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Vioncy12: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Compliment of the season,
Pls I have a serious issue, I registered my Sister for Jamb, and I use a different name ie (CHINASA JUDITH LAWRENCE) meanwhile the name she used in her WAEC was (CHINASA OGADI LAWRENCE) am so scared, do u think it will affect her admission? or can I change it at jamb office? I need help
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by trebron(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
@vioncyl It wouldn't affect her admission. Since she is using three names and in such cases atleast two of the names must be consistent in all her credentials. In this case,lawrence and chinasa are consistent and there is no problem. Assuming it was just a name then. It would have been a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 09, 2016
Guys wats poppin
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Phemour:

i've done affidavit dis morning i said all those names were changed to ABASS MUHAMMED OLAIYA, my question is dat is affidavit authentic??

abdulrazzaq, how do u knw i dont pass jamb.
so now do u bear your new name and plus how do u do affidavit ,do u swear an oat and pay or it free and u swear an oat .i also want to ask a question . Send me your email so we can chat okay I need to ask u a question pls
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
abdurrazaq:
What you need to do is to pick either your WAEC or NECO certificate depending on which you prefer to the other and get a new Birth Certificate and Caertificate of Origin in the names on the chosen certificates. Forget about the last JAMB you did (U did not even pass it) and move on. Don't be in a rush. It's better you correct it now once.

Please mind your spelling when presenting your names for those certificates above. Sometimes you write as without concentrating (your posts on nairaland are enough evidence)
okay my friend is German ,born in Ghana but her father is Nigerian . She became a German citizen by naturalization but her Ghana passport information is correct but d one on her nigeria passport is wrong. She wasn't born in Nigeria but because they helped her fill d form, d person who filled it made mistake by saying she was born in Naija but d truth is that her dad is Nigerian which means she is Nigerian by blood, Ghanaian by blood and birth also and German by neutralization but her Nigeria passport said she was born in Nigeria and d name on her Nigeria passport is wrong as well. D date of birth on her Nigeria passport is correct and d rest is correct just d place of birth and name that is wrong . I also want to ask now that she has a German citizenship does she had to change d nationality on her Nigeria passport to German since she reside in Germany now . What can she do . Can she do a court affidavit in Naija to get her passport name and place of birth fix. But she has a birth affidavit from d German govt that state her real name and place of birth . So does she has to do a court affidavit in Naija to get her name and place of birth corrected or does she had to use d German birth affidavit to correct her Naija passport in the immigration office or can she use her Ghana passport to correct this mistake . What can she do Coz d girl is always crying and I just pity her she is my best friend and I want to help her . Pls don't judge her coz the place of birth one is always a common mistake most British -Nigerian people have that mistake especially people that their Nigeria passport application was filled by someone else Coz those people are born in uk but their parent are born in Nigeria and they are Nigerian by blood and British\english by birth so when they give people to fill in their application the people always make mistake and write Nigeria as there place of birth and I don't know why they do this but I think they assume if u are Nigeria by blood it should b your place of birth but that is wrong if u born in uk it means u are born in uk so being Nigeria by blood does not make Nigeria your place of birth . That is one mistake people make and also I know this Coz I have another friend that was originally born in uk and have the same problem and also uk, Britain, English and England are d Same, it just a different name different people call it and use and u can call it Britain , English England or uk . But I need u to help with that my best friend one that was born in Ghana with d right Ghana passport and wrong Nigeria passport and also give me your email so we can chat better as well lol we can b good friends . Is there anything she can do .
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by ajanma2(m): 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Phemour:
NAIRALANDERS, I NEED VIEWS NOW ON THE NAME TO USE TO FILL MY PUME FORM, I'VE DONE AFFITAVID, MY NAME NOW IS MUHAMMED ABASS OLAIYA. SHOULD I USE THE NAME ON MY JAMB NOTIFICATION SLIP OR MY NEW NAME
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
use your new name on the affidavit.that is your legal name now and please visit federal newpaper and publish a gazette to make the name change official.
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Deleted
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Teesprinkle: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
how about me that has my names like this on my birth cert and olevel Ogunleye oluwatosin tolulope And I have it this way on my citizenship cert Ogunleye tosin?? Do I need any affidavit?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Okayobi3: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
please how can I change my middle name in my bece(junior waec) result and certificate like my name is joshua jude emeka in my junior waec how can i change it to joshua jude udoka?
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Damilare2220: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2020
Please how can i change my Surname on my primary school certificate
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by fweshface: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2021
The names on my O'level and jamb is different. I graduated with the name on my Jamb. Now the job I got after 6month month was terminated because of the name change, the company said I used some else results.
Please what do I do now. Is there any solutions. Though I did not do change of name affidavit before admissions into university. Am so depressed to the point of death. Please any help.

embarassed embarassed cry
Re: I Have Different Names On My Certificates: Problem? by Josh0009: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
I used an awaiting result during my admission process in 2016 but when the result was out I didn’t go back to the school portal to upload it and it’s now time for my final year clearance...so I don’t know If that’s going to be any problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oau Pre Degree Admission 2013/2014! / Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) / Why We Paid Varsity Lecturers Half Salaries – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.