Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,740 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo (17856 Views)

Herdsmen Killed 18, Poisoned Water Sources, Benue Residents Claim Channels Tv / Herdsmen Killed & Raze Houses In Nasarawa / 13 Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Adamawa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lord have mercy

Where is this country heading to? cry
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by cjrane: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yoruba people are happy and celebrating now killing northerners in yorubaland as if their people don't live in the north. When Hausa carry out their reprisals now, yoruba will be the first to start crying to mama.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Why should anyone sympathise with a group of people who would wipe off a race just so, their herds can graze?

Where I come from, no fulani herdsman would let his cattle graze even on an abandoned farmland. The reason is...you already know. grin

Since the fulanis only attack defenceless people, I rule out a reprisal attack.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by lastpage: 2:32am On Mar 29, 2016

I have said it time and time again, these Fulanis must evolve from this nomadic pastoral lifetyle - it is incompatible with modern Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Nigerian farmers should start taking proactive steps to forestall loss of their crops to these Fulanis and their cows. I remember a documentary I once watched on the evolution of the modern Texas cattle ranchers. 19th century America had cowboys who roamed the Texas plains, causing untold damage to crops and farmland. This went on unabated until a new, cost-effective way to fence farmland (the barbed-wire) was invented. The barbed wire helped farmers to fence large expanses of farmland around at minimal cost, thereby safeguarding their crops and keeping off the cowboys and their cattle. Only with this restraint were the cowboys forced to evolve, and develop the famous ranch system we know today.

Check out the links below for more details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbed_wire

http://inventors.about.com/od/bstartinventions/a/BarbedWire.htm

http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/barbed-wire/

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/barbwire.htm

So, maybe it's high time Nigerian farmers embraced this cost-effective invention. Help yourselves, if the government won't help you.

But that dofus of a Minister called Audu Ogbeh, being a farmer-politician himself, is suggesting an utterly foolish solution - Grazing Corridors, from Northern Nigeria to the East and West!

Who is gonna pay for those land, to the owners of the land?
Since he has imported Grass from brazil, why cant Auduh Ogbeh set up a company that "grows/manufactures "Brazil grass" so he can sell it tothe Nomadic Herdsmen, to feed their Cattle while the Cattle are kept in a particular location?
How difficult is that?

Farmers just have to protect themselves and their cash crops, BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.
But l will suggest that State Govts should as a matter of urgency. pass laws at the state assembly, that criminalizes "open street ranching and grazing", within their states.
Anyone that wants to move more than a SINGLE CATTLE, for any reason, must use Vehicular transportation. End of Story.

Lastpage!
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by loco4love: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Yoba peoples I have been saying it for years now you see whats happening. Ten years ago this Fula used to kill the Oyo Yoba farmers and even rape the females in the rural areas. The Oyo brothers are doing the right thing by fighting the F
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by loco4love: 1:53am On Mar 30, 2016
Yoba Oyo you doing the right thing defending your lands against the Fula land grabber and colonizer. I applaud you for your courage.We gotsa cast the foreign devils Fula out of Yobaland . Ten years ago when they came into the country they started raping the females in the rural settlements and murdering the farmers. Its time to strike back. Rise up against Niggerdom and the Niggerian devils because they induced this problem unleashing all manners of violence against us.

We need to cooperate with other Yoba tribes to create national independence for Yobaland and the territory and Armed Forces Units that will repel invaders. Niggeria is not the way forward it has never been the solution to any of our problems. The Niggeria we were deceived to sign up for as now become the vampire that's murdering us in our own country and even abroad. We are better off free, independent and prosperous living in a just society. Look at the crimes the Nigerian police commit against us everyday murdering, robbing, raping etc. Now can you tell me Niggeria is the way forward? They have destroyed our peace of mind. Just look the people they have forgotten the times when the Yobaland was free and independent. They indoctrinate the children from kindergarten to secondary school to worship their own enslavers and see oppression as freedom and freedom as a blessing they do not deserve. You Yobas deserve to be FREE. Don't let anyone local or foreign tell you otherwise. To be free you will need to win victory after victory on the battlefields of Africa. Believe me the time is already near and right herE.

Ile Yoba latinu Ife-Ile leke Ota re. Gori oke ishoro yi. Ani tun di eru. E ma jeki emi yin bo sowo atani fun ota. Ishegun loro lojo ogun na. Niwaju Yehovah oba awon omo imole a sho rire ao leke Niggeria.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by samal54: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
Those who use their cows to destroy farmers' sweat are the real trouble seekers.
I just hope it does not dovetail into something else considering the bodija market situation.[/quote]
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
ImHotepX:
It seems the Yoruba's have dropped sophistication for fighting back.

I'm loving this new Yoruba consciousness, let's take it back to the old days.

The Lagos showdown is still the most anticipated to me. I just hope the lousy ones who have promised to stand-their-ground won't go ghost when it's time to fight. undecided
Igbo worldwide mass protests + evidence posted online =International Criminal Court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Appoints 14 New Resident Electoral Commissioners [full List] / N8b Bailout Fund: Why We’re Probing Okorocha – EFCC / "DSS Now Reduced To Govt Propaganda Arm" —NANS Fumes Over Clampdown On Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.