Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,738 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo (25708 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by nerodenero: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: why would a rev fr. even own a gun
He lives by the gun and surely the gun ended his life.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by constance500: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
lipsrsealed shocked stories dat touch...d man don kick jerrycan

1 Like

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by CallMeFemi(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
Its simple this is a murder case!! We've got a mad assassin on the loose!! But the real question is why would someone wanna kill the priest??
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by hariorh: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
actually, what happened is that the gun got angry over his cleaning when master should be at the mass. so it just jumped out of master's hand, turns and fires straight at oga.

Exactly how the OP and vandamme news (vanguard) wants us to understand what happened.

grin grin grin angry angry
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Kuchilo: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
[quote
author=striktlymi]Hmmmm...

The 'accident theory' makes very little sense to me because it leaves us
with more questions than answers. The questions that readily comes to
mind are:

1) Is the priest in the habit of cleaning his gun when it is loaded?
2) Since the gun is loaded, can't we safely assume that the priest
cleaned it the day before?
3) Why would he need to clean the gun that early and at a time that he
is expected to be preparing for mass?

The theory really does not add up. Suicide and homicide make a whole lot
of sense for me, as a preliminary theory. Anyways, since we are yet to
get the facts, we just have to wait and see how this story
unfolds.[/quote] Quite on point.Lets just wait and see how the drama unfolds.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by anytexy: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
For me, this sounds like a moon light story. Certainly, there is more to that story. Was he cleaning the gun to go and fire his congregation in the 7 o'clock mass? Somebody must answer this question or else...smh.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ogui eke: OK WHICH CHURCH OR RELIGION DO WE BELIEVE NOW PLS

Believe in the Traditional Religion of Your Tribe and in shrines, not "churches".
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by InvertedHammer: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
/

Multiple gun shots from a double-barrel gun?

Accidental discharge is one shot b/c DB gun is not auto. (semi- or full)

This is murder!

//
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by anelka101(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
RIP
its nothing but homicide, cleaning gun on Sunday morning, lailai, its not possible, or the gun is part of what he will use for the service?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by immortalcrown(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
Did he want to make the gun a substitute to God's power? Is the gun a blessed one? Was he a hunter?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by SeniorSana(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wetin em need gun for? Wey wetin em dey ever prech na PEACE.
no b God b d perfect protector?
Y em dey clean d gun, abi em get plan to use am abi em don use am?
Ahhh, abeg i dey com shit dey wowie me. *just ran to use da loo*
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by macsika: 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
ARE THE NIGERIAN COPS TOO STUPID TO swallow thiS BULLSHIT..... OR DON'T THEY HAVE DETECTIVES... THIS DEATH IS CLEARLy a premeditated homicide....
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Eneze1(f): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
this appears staged so that people might feel it was an accidental discharge from his gun, police should try and investigate to know which part of his body was hit by the bullet ie. the entry point, if you are shot in some certain parts of the body, it can never be accidental discharge like the back of the head
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by tjdj: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
We are investigating the case

1 Like

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by naijalodge(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
watin father they do with Gun?,so na gun him trust pass GOd....na wa ooo,imagin a reverend father shooting at an armed robber...lol...and wait oo,na heaven him dey go or hell,because na him take him life by himself...well,I've never been a fan of catholic
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Breezy90(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
baba don tire.... grin grin grin grin grin grin choi wen i wan enta !st page nau cry
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Breezy90(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
tj-dj:
We are investigating the case
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by TeeiWi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
End time things....
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by charlesnoble7: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
I'm inclined to believe d priest was murdered.Why would he start cleaning his gun when he has mass to celebrate?Catholic priests normaly prepare their sermons and does some recollections before mass.So,the idea he was cleaning his gun before mass is ruled out.

1 Like

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Okijajuju1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
[b]How was he able to shoot himself with a Double Barrel Gun?!

Okay! here are my questions;

1. What is a Priest doing with a double barrel gun or any other gun sef for that matter?!
2. How did he manage to shoot himself with it?! Most double barrels are long..

Okay!! So its a short version double barrel gun or maybe a sawed-off double barrel gun

3. Assuming it was a sawed-off shortgun, is that illegal to own in Nigeria?!
4. Why was he cleaning his Gun with the Barrel loaded?
5. Why was he cleaning his gun with the 'Hammer' pulled back?!
6. Why was a Priest cleaning his gun in the morning before mass?! Like isnt that strange?

Word of the Gods:: That Priests death sounds like he was murdered. Its very diffucult to shoot ones self with a long gun. Now if he owned the gun, he then would have known not to clean his Gun with it loaded. Secondly, it takes a bit of effort to pull the 'hammer' back on those double-barrel weapons, so how did he not know that the hammer was pulled back and that the gun was loaded.. Assuming he knew this, how did he manage to face the barrel to himself and pull the trigger?! Even if the gun went off accidentally, then it shouldnt have been a fatal shot.. Abi was he accidentally looking down the Barrel of the gun when it went off?!

Its either the Priest was suicidal or he was murdered.. The spirits of the land says murdered..

JUDGEMENT DAY:: Technically, this Priest commited suicide... Does that mean he is going to hell?![/b]
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by hikmoj(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
jamace: Wow!!! shocked shocked May his soul rest in peace.

I have many questions to aid investigation of this case:
1. Who knew prior to this time that the Rev has a gun?
2. For how long has owned the gun?
3. Is his gun licensed? I mean does the police know about the gun?
4. Who saw him cleaning the gun that morning? That person has a lot of questions to answer.
5. What type of a rev is he? Gentle, social, outgoing, circle of friends etc.
6. Where did the bullet hit on the Rev's body? Chest, face, arm, leg, back etc.
7. Has he known enemies, may be through preaching against the ills of the government?
8. Was there any known crime/sin which he committed and is bringing his personality and position to disrepute?
9. Was his door locked with key or just jammed when the church elders got to the house on hearing the gunshot?
10. Has he a servant that lives with him or he lives alone?

Answers to above questions could aid investigation and give a clue as to what really happened.

na criminolgy u read?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by emmabest2000(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
May his soul R I P
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by upchair(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
WHAT IS A PRIEST DOING WITH A GUN FOR CHRIST SAKE?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by robonski15(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
yuzedo: double-barrel mouthwash.......... The best solution for forked-tongued, brezz-sucking, punny-slacking pastors in london hotels.. angry not poor priests in rustic hinterlands.. cry

- Lauretta Maduegbuna, NTA Knews undecided

LOL!!! CLOWN
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by omonnakoda: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
upchair: WHAT IS A PRIEST DOING WITH A GUN FOR CHRIST SAKE?

Holy Ghost Paya!!
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Flexskillz(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
ceejayluv:
My dad was cleaning his pump action gun circa 2001. Not knowing there was a cartridge left in the chamber. It blew off, hitting the lintel on top of the bathroom door missing my mum and baby sis by the whiskers. It happens.

Let's say it does happen, alright. But why clean on a sunday morning before service? Was it part of what was intended for the sunday sermon?? angry
ceejayluv:
My dad was cleaning his pump action gun circa 2001. Not knowing there was a cartridge left in the chamber. It blew off, hitting the lintel on top of the bathroom door missing my mum and baby sis by the whiskers. It happens.

Let's say it does happen, alright. But why clean on a sunday morning before service? Was it part of what was intended for the sunday sermon??
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Adex097: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
striktlymi: Hmmmm...

The 'accident theory' makes very little sense to me because it leaves us with more questions than answers. The questions that readily comes to mind are:

1) Is the priest in the habit of cleaning his gun when it is loaded?
2) Since the gun is loaded, can't we safely assume that the priest cleaned it the day before?
3) Why would he need to clean the gun that early and at a time that he is expected to be preparing for mass?

The theory really does not add up. Suicide and homicide make a whole lot of sense for me, as a preliminary theory. Anyways, since we are yet to get the facts, we just have to wait and see how this story unfolds.
Please PM me your details we need your type in NPF grin

1 Like

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Dondee60: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
So sad .... I feel for him
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Lovetinz(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
Vanguard doesn't know the difference between a double barreled shotgun and a rifle.
I haven't heard of a double barreled 'Rifle' before now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / The Lords Chosen: Instant Miracles From Taraba State Crusade / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.