Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo (25722 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
Maybe he wanted to kill someone in church that day and was getting his gun ready
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
IF THE REPORTER KNOWS THAT THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH WAS NOT FULLY UNRAVELED THEN WHY PRESENT THIS NEWS IN THIS FORM,WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL AS MANY THING IS CONSIDERED SCANDALIZING. FOR SOME NAIRALANDERS LET US STOP DOING A HASTY CONCLUSION.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
tohsin94: Rip..., double barrel gun?, is he a hunter also?

STOP GOING INTO A HASTY CONCLUSION. EVEN THE REPORTER SAYS THAT THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH WAS NOT FULLY UNRAVELLED
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by fifi007: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
more questions:
1. why didn't anybody hear the sound of the shot? double barrels make a loud bang!
2. when cleaning guns, you dismantle lots of stuff and its traditional to look into the barrel from the end where the bullet enters the gun, so unless he was smooching the gun to get a gene out of it, it doesn't make sense.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by amanambuchinas: 4:33am On Aug 28, 2013
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]RIP father.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by reubeno(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2013
i have followed this news with keen interest, the Edo state police command shud tell us another version of aw the priest was killed, aw on earth will the priest be cleaning his gun when he was due to conduct mass on a sunday morning? was he a hunter?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by ezeama1010(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2013
ceejayluv:
My dad was cleaning his pump action gun circa 2001. Not knowing there was a cartridge left in the chamber. It blew off, hitting the lintel on top of the bathroom door missing my mum and baby sis by the whiskers. It happens.
watin ur dad dey use pump action for?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by debbleopto: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2013
constance500: lipsrsealed shocked stories dat touch...d man don kick jerrycan

you made mistake. it's not Jerrycan but drum. can't you see the gravity of the situation.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by debbleopto: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
constance500: lipsrsealed shocked stories dat touch...d man don kick jerrycan

you made mistake. it's not Jerrycan but drum. can't you see the gravity of the situation.

I see these questions coming.
1. why non of the residential staff or neighbors hear the gone shot.
2. Is the priest expecting assailant that morning that the first thing to do is clean gun than to pray and prepare for the morning service. the elders do forensic on finger print on the gun that they conclude he shot himself?
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: why would a rev fr. even own a gun
for armed robbers or thieves who come at night to steal church donation money donated on sundays an offerings also if i may add....

1 Like

Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by bohboh275(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
I think this could be a murder and someone trying to cover it up by making it look like a accident. My first question would be who knows the priest have a gun? Ballistic testing should be done on the bullet that killed the priest and his gun should be test fired also and both bullets compare to each other. An other important evidence that must have been overlooked at the scene is the position of the priest's body and the gun. Also the angle at which the bullet penetrated into the priest's body and if his gun is a rifle then that even raise more questions. Another thing i don't understand is why would a priest, a man of GOD own a gun that kill people.
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Tundeiab(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
grin
born_to_be_gr8t: why would a rev fr. even own a gun
Because of Boko boys na
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by SenatorJames(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
aryzgreat: RIP, hope our police unravel ds death.

Yes sir.

As they unravelled the death of Bola Ige, Moshood Abiola, Dele Giwa, Funso Williams, Kudirat Abiola.........

@ topic. What am I suppose to say as a child of God, when the story is not complete and investigation is still on-going
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by SenatorJames(m): 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
fifi007: more questions:
1. why didn't anybody hear the sound of the shot? double barrels make a loud bang!
2. when cleaning guns, you dismantle lots of stuff and its traditional to look into the barrel from the end where the bullet enters the gun, so unless he was smooching the gun to get a gene out of it, it doesn't make sense.

Sir, are u a policeman, soldier, Navy, Airforce or............? Because I dey fear the way you are analysing how different type of gun sound and how it is been cleaned.

Dont tell me you learnt all these in Jet-lee or James bond film

Fifi007 don get plenty experience in Gun Engineering when I never torch pass hunter's gun when I was stil in our village
Re: Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
for those who are asking what a priest is doing with a gun then i suggest u inform yourself about criminal activities against priest in edo state. Ever since fr john uba ofei was shot by robbers and died sometime after due to extended surgury complication robber have become frequent visitors to parish houses ever since. The frs and bros were attack in mary the queen ekpoma, fr ewah was attacked in holy trinity ewu and was heavyly beaten and tied, d next day he was in a hospital, just to name a few. Priest with good liscienced guns or and police night watchmen or some strong man is a normal development to stem the death and molestation of priest.
So yeah many priest have pump action and double barrel to defend themselves. I don't know how it happened but at first the people thought the priest was attacked until what seem to be an exploded gun was found. At the end Only one thing could be said with certainty fr ayala was dead and was discovered dead in the morning.
Probably he had a habit of loading his gun at night and unloading in the morning before morning mass, i don't really know but all who knew him really liked him, very simple.
Actually it seem like an accident.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams / Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.