Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Is Evangelism Neccesary For Every Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Evangelism Neccesary For Every Christian? (481 Views)

10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / 4 Sexual Sins Every Christian Should Avoid / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Evangelism Neccesary For Every Christian? by saintvc(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
Is evangelism a necessary activity for a Christian?
Some people argue that it is every Christian's duty to do the work of an evangelist. I'm not sure. The distinctive work of an evangelist is to proclaim the gospel. Preaching and proclamation comprise one of the offices in the New Testament and one of the gifts of the Spirit, and so on. This gift is not given to everybody, and so I would say that, in the technical sense, it is not every Christian's responsibility to be an evangelist

whats your view?
Re: Is Evangelism Neccesary For Every Christian? by thorpido(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
saintvc: Is evangelism a necessary activity for a Christian?
Some people argue that it is every Christian's duty to do the work of an evangelist. I'm not sure. The distinctive work of an evangelist is to proclaim the gospel. Preaching and proclamation comprise one of the offices in the New Testament and one of the gifts of the Spirit, and so on. This gift is not given to everybody, and so I would say that, in the technical sense, it is not every Christian's responsibility to be an evangelist

whats your view?
'And He said unto them,go ye into the world,preach the gospel to every creature....Mark 16:15-
Evangelism is for every Christian.You don't have to carry the title of an evangelist to do that.Preaching of the gospel is not only for church leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Live Clean Before Jesus & Men: Don’t Defraud People / End Time Exploration Of The Holy Bible / The Biblical View Of Sexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.