Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness (10918 Views)

Evangelism In African Traditional Religion: / Christian Evangelism In Uganda: Taking It To The Streets / Effects Of Christian Evangelism In Africa: More Child Witches Exposed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
This menace is so rampant in Lagos that you almost feel uncomfortable anyday you mistaking or by happenstance join the public transport. Molue is the mobile headquarter. Civilian and danfo buses are branches. In the above mentioned buses, it is always dual cases. It's either you find someone selling unregistered drugs or one idiot yelling on top of his/her voice preaching. For how long will this madness last?

Thank God for Fashola who put a slap on their faces by stopping that in BRT/Lag Buses. With the ban, you will still find someone beside you playing a song from his phone or a terrible bus driver playing music.

All these constitute public nuisance. I don't think Christ himself encouraged disturbing the peace of the environment. Why doing it on his behalf?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2011
Interstate buses are not exemptions. Agofure, First Investment to mention few are terrible. Whenever you are set to travel at the pack, one dirty pastor comes forth to pray for his lost sheep and later, some that could pay 50 naira to avert accident would start giving. In their minds, they give because they are scared of accident not because they tried to help the pastor or his church. Christianity with their fraudulent ways.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by obowunmi(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
What happened to freedom of speech ?!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^ to disturb the peace of the environment?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by obowunmi(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2011
Occupy wall street protests are disturbing the peace of many who live in the area, But that's why you have laws in society, Freedom of speech, use ear plugs if you don't want to listen. Better yet, stop taking public transport.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Kay17: 12:46am On Nov 19, 2011
^^ thats a point, freedom of speech is such a bitch. Imagine if it was a political message. Or just tackle them back
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 19, 2011
obowunmi:

Occupy wall street protests are disturbing the peace of many who live in the area, But that's why you have laws in society, Freedom of speech, use ear plugs if you don't want to listen. Better yet, stop taking public transport.
There's a difference between freedom of speech and being a public nuisance. Preaching on buses can and should be banned. If I pay a dollar to ride a bus and you pay the same amount, I expect to be able to enjoy my ride and someone blabbing about their favorite fairy tale is bound to bring discomfort. Head phones are used on public transport so that other people are not subjected to your horrid taste in music, so in that same vein, evangelicals should be stopped from disturbing the peace in public transportation.  Then zoning laws should be enacted and enforced so that normal people won't have to listen to spiritual battles in churches at 2am. Create a zone where churches can be located so they can all gather and shout themselves to death while competing for god's attention. Just keep the mosques in another zone so that Allah and Yahweh don't get jealous and start proxy wars.

1 Like

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2011
Plugging the ear? You are kidding after we all paid the same amount. The solution might be let everyone stand up in the public bus and preach simultaneously as much as they want. There would be enough plugs then. I guess that makes sense to you!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by HISchild: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2011
"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" - Rom 10:14-15 - "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." - Luke 4:4

Some preach faithfully, some unfaithfully and/or for "filthy lucre", "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" - 2 Tim 2:19.  The Lord GOD knows all things.

"Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." - Phil 1:15-18

1 Like

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Joagbaje(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2011
The gospel has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The gospel  has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"

and i dont tink we ever complain when they are also disturbing the peace of the environment in the early morning by 5.30am and 1pm and 8pm when things are quite and silent.so i wonder why there should be complain on bus evangelism or morning cry. Or night shows and parties.so why the complain.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by EvilBrain1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The gospel has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"

My god, why are religious people such inconsiderate ässhOles? Seriously, is it so hard to understand that some people like their peace and quiet? Would you like it if someone keeps you awake during a long trip by shouting about a religion that you don't believe in? Why can't you just control yourself and STFU like a normal person?

Seriously, I hope you do try to preach on a plane. Better, yet do it on a US-bound flight so they can tazer you and lock you up next to Mutallab. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by UyiIredia(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
I also do not fancy evangelism in public transport, to me it's inappropriate. However, I it seems to be acceptable to most commuters i come across.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by catso(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
The truth is bitter.
No one wants to listen to the truth.
There is freedom to speak anywhere anytime and there is freedom to listen at will, so whats d problem?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Demainman1: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The gospel  has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"

Thank GOD u said it yourself. Preaching and disturbing the peace of others is definitely 'a crazy thing' to do. All this born again and their bigotry!!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Kinikini: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2011
Preaching in a bus is a violation of the right of the other occupants who may wants their quitness. Preaching in a bus is an abuse of freedom of speech. We should tow the path of moderation in whatever we do in this country. Despite all the noise born again, churches in all streets spreading like wildfire, there is no iota of improvement in our conduct. Corruption have so pervaded even the churches such that it is a business to make mega Billions for the pastor, the spouse and the offsprings.
The wise should reflect.
If the other religion decides to preach in a bus , would you the fire spilting evangelist like the forced listening? Definitely not. So why do it to others. Must I be forced to listen?

2 Likes

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by UyiIredia(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
catso:

The truth is bitter.
No one wants to listen to the truth.
There is freedom to speak anywhere anytime and there is freedom to listen at will, so whats d problem?

and that freedom should be used wisely hence its limits. You have the freedom to but should not preach (or even speak) on a plane or in an emergency ward. It is only proper to speak at the right place and time. This is why I do not support preaching in buses.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by KINGwax(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2011
Kinikini:

Preaching in a bus is a violation of the right of the other occupants who may wants their quitness. Preaching in a bus is an abuse of freedom of speech. We should tow the path of moderation in whatever we do in this country. Despite all the noise born again, churches in all streets spreading like wildfire, there is no iota of improvement in our conduct. Corruption have so pervaded even the churches such that it is a business to make mega Billions for the pastor, the spouse and the offsprings.
The wise should reflect.
If the other religion decides to preach in a bus , would you the fire spilting evangelist like the forced listening?  Definitely not. So why do it to others. Must I be forced to listen? 
if the others does, so what? And who made d rules when u said 'public transport'? I'm sure d bombings around by muslims is not disrupting the peace, and i'm sure their public address systems blasting at 5am is not. I hope u trying to stop someone from exercising his freedom is peace. But i'm sure if u could keep your own stupi.dity to yourself by shutting your gob up will be peace.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
Its really annoying, what happen if Muslim start preaching too in the same bus? hehe you will say terrorist are preaching angry

I was in a bus from Ketu to Yaba like 10 years now and their was this useless preacher castigating other religion that everyone else except christian will go to hell fire, i was like are you mad, what give you the impression that you are heaven bound angry

he was spitting saliva all over the bus, thank God i was not sitting infront or beside him, useless bunch of fools, as if xtianity is the surest way to heaven.

Imagine thinking quitely and someone suddenly start shouting and spitting grin

Upon all the religious gbangbadekun Nigeria is known for, curruption and poverty is their middle name.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by pendo89(f): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
very funny.

I am a christian but please its always good to apply wisdom in how you spread the gospel.It's not forced down throats.
Do not be a nuisance trying to spread the message cz u got to understand there are laws which govern how an environment should be treated.
Only a fool in acts of ignorance would enter a hospital for instance and start shouting and praying loudly.
What these people fail to understand is that the very means they are employing are the very ones keeping people from embracing the gospel.
See when one says he will preach in an aeroplane what that means is that he has no understanding whatsoever regarding the rules that govern air travel or the guidelines set down by each airline. You don't just mess up people trying to pass your message. no wonder christians are called foolish.
When you get arrested you will not be called a matryr, but a foolish believer and God will not even look your way.He will allow u to pay for your foolishness.

The best way is for the bus owners (am assuming they are privately owned) to stick a warning inside the bus where everybody can see.
I see it in our buses 'No public preaching or hawking allowed in this bus'. The preachers/hawkers disappeared.
Its a criminal offence to preach on the streets and anywhere else without a licence or for loud voices to be heard coming out of christian gatherings. (muslims is allowed cz its a call for prayers).But christians left untamed can destabilize a city. They will hold crusades at every street corner and try to outdo each other with shouting till their voices become hoarse.Its like the louder you are the more famous you become. JC wasnt that crazy.
'noise pollution' is an offence. Make noise at the right place and time. cz God is a God of ORDER

1 Like

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by KINGwax(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2011
Evil Brain:

My god, why are religious people such inconsiderate ässhOles? Seriously, is it so hard to understand that some people like their peace and quiet? Would you like it if someone keeps you awake during a long trip by shouting about a religion that you don't believe in? Why can't you just control yourself and STFU like a normal person?

Seriously, I hope you do try to preach on a plane. Better, yet do it on a US-bound flight so they can tazer you and lock you up next to Mutallab. Nonsense!
if you want your 'deranged' quietness, u shouldn't take a public transport. Ugh? And besides, wouldn't it be so peaceful here if u shut your FURK UP?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2011
KINGwax:

if the others does, so what? And who made d rules when u said 'public transport'? I'm sure d bombings around by muslims is not disrupting the peace, and i'm sure their public address systems blasting at 5am is not. I hope u trying to stop someone from exercising his freedom is peace. But i'm sure if u could keep your own stupi.dity to yourself by shutting your gob up will be peace.

are you for real, pls just give ur brain to the birds cos i don't think is still useful to humanity angry

so all ur so called pastors and church like 4 churches in a single jucntion or intersection disturbing the neighbourhood is ok by u, let there be ban on all public disturbances including ur useless brain on this forum, ano fia, pls type ur disturb brain back, am waiting,
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Jolad007(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
Oh, I am very surprise to see these on NAIRALAND! The word of Truth, Gospel, God, is disturbing you? Then why did God created you into this earth? To relax? To enjoy yourself or what? May be this poster can tel me, Do u ever think in your life that every souls will surely be bring into judgement, BUT THERE'S ONE CERTAIN THING I WANT THIS POSTER TO KNOW! THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE WORD CAN BE SUFFICIENT FOR YOU! A TIME IS COMING IF NOT CAREFUL, YOU WILL BEG FOR IT BUT THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO RENDER IT. IF NO CAREFUL YOU WILL BEG FOR IT BUT IT  WILL BE INSUFFICIENT THEN. THE WORD OF GOD ITS GOD HIMSELF, SO EVERY SOULS SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE RESPECT FOR THIS, I want every1 of us to remember that this world is not ours, Is jst for a little time, we are all gonna die or even this generation may see the rapture, Our rest and every other thing in life are all VANITY! VANITY!! VANITY!!! So, my dear poster u better listen to the word now at anywhere either it's comfortable or not before it's too late,
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by harakiri(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The gospel  has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"

This is the same insensitivity and selfishness from religious folks (especially Christians) i keep talking about. Would you find it funny if an Imam brought out his mega-phone in an airplane and in a guttural voice, began to talk about Allah and his only prophet Mohammed. . .at a time when you were trying to relax and enjoy the trip? Would you tolerate such nonsense? Of course not. . .but when you do it, it's okay because the "word of god" [b]MUST [/b]be spread! You guys are utterly pathetic! No wonder the Boko Haram folks are pissed off with y'all.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by baslone: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
KINGwax:

See common sense in public display!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by harakiri(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
angry angry undecided
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by asha80(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2011
for the christians here how will you feel as you enter a bus an islamic cleric enters the same bus with a megaphone and starts blaring that unless you submit to allah through mohammed that you will not be saved?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
baslone:

See common sense in public display!

That why i said, his brain need to be feed to the birds, pathetic slowpoke, no common sense al all angry

harakiri:

This is the same insensitivity and selfishness from religious folks (especially Christians) i keep talking about. Would you find it funny if an Imam brought out his mega-phone in an airplane and in a guttural voice, began to talk about Allah and his only prophet Mohammed. . .at a time when you were trying to relax and enjoy the trip? Would you tolerate such nonsense? Of course not. . .but when you do it, it's okay because the "word of god" [b]MUST [/b]be spread! You guys are utterly pathetic! No wonder the Boko Haram folks are pissed off with y'all.

Gbammed grin

Pls when you live Naija, come prech for the unbelievers here abroud oh, cos i know we have almost 99% of them here, pathetic scavengers in public,
Must you force your religion on people.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by EvilBrain1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2011
harakiri:

Abeg tell them! Religious people refuse to understand that their rights end where other people's begin. When muslims were trying to stop people from watching Miss. World, christians were shouting and complaining. Now some of them think they have the right to disturb the public peace whenever they feel like.

So because your religion says you can make noise and disturb others you expect everybody to just keep quiet and bear it. If I told you that my religion says I have the right to cut off your head would you lie down and accept?

People need to stop being so narrow-minded.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Roland17(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The gospel  has to be preached everywhere. I am going to do a crazy thing soon ,no matter the consequence . " I WILL PREACH IN AN AIRPLANE!"

I just hope you would have your own personalized parachute, because u would not only receive a miraculous slap from me if u are unlucky to be on same flight with me, but you would also be thrown from 1500 feet above, hopefully u can preach in the sky, after all the sky is also a public place.

1 Like

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
Jolad007:

Oh, I am very surprise to see these on NAIRALAND! The word of Truth, Gospel, God, is disturbing you? Then why did God created you into this earth? To relax? To enjoy yourself or what? May be this poster can tel me, Do u ever think in your life that every souls will surely be bring into judgement, BUT THERE'S ONE CERTAIN THING I WANT THIS POSTER TO KNOW! THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE WORD CAN BE SUFFICIENT FOR YOU! A TIME IS COMING IF NOT CAREFUL, YOU WILL BEG FOR IT BUT THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO RENDER IT. IF NO CAREFUL YOU WILL BEG FOR IT BUT IT WILL BE INSUFFICIENT THEN. THE WORD OF GOD ITS GOD HIMSELF, SO EVERY SOULS SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE RESPECT FOR THIS, I want every1 of us to remember that this world is not ours, Is jst for a little time, we are all gonna die or even this generation may see the rapture, Our rest and every other thing in life are all VANITY! VANITY!! VANITY!!! So, my dear poster u better listen to the word now at anywhere either it's comfortable or not before it's too late,

Is this how Christ preach during his time? am not against anything called preaching, but not disturbing the public, Preach in ur church, not in the bus, am sure Inflight preaching would have been possible, but its poverty that avert it, cos those moronic preachers could not afford it.

1 Like

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2011
Roland17:

I just hope you would have your own personalized parachute, because u would not only receive a miraculous slap from me if u are unlucky to be on same flight with me, but you would also be thrown from 1500 feet above, hopefully u can preach in the sky, after all the sky is also a public place.

JUst DIED from LAUGHTER, my ribs are cracking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He will just go straight to heaven, he will accend to heaven straight, repetition,heheheh see wetin laught go cos. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer / What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.