Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (422528 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by EnterPRO: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
hadedayor10:
text Gionee pioneer P2 to 131......2mb evryday

confirmed. even with my night plan, they added it to the daily quota
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by donsimon2(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Someone pls help...I just bought d p2,but I'm unable to browse...there is no edge or 3g logo...can someone pls offer a solution?...TNX
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
I finally got my gp2 today,mehn the phone is awesome
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Valiantvaliant(m): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
gioneerp2: It's great to see that so many of you who ran into glitches while using your P2 or even bricked it managed to fix their phone using the Walton Primo F2 stock rom. But I understand that the instructions given in the rom's download page are somewhat outdated and might cause confusion. So I'm putting up a detailed step-by-step installation guide right here for you all smiley

Here's what you need, to begin with : 1. A Gionee P2 with more than 50% charge (less will do but try and be safe), 2. A Windows PC, 3. The Gionee P2 usb cable.

Got it all? Good for you. Take a breath. Relax. And now... here we go.

First, download the Walton Primo F2 stock rom from HERE - http://www.mediafire.com/download/terzpsp1k1jw8a2/F2_firmware.rar

Now, unrar the archive. Once you are done with that, you have to install the usb driver in your computer so that your phone gets recognized even when it’s turned off and without a battery. And you must do so manually. So first, unzip the ‘USB VCOM Driver’ package inside the ‘Drivers’ folder. Now the installation. Here’s how you go about that.
In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
Click any of the device groups you see here.
From ‘Action Menu’, select ‘Add Legacy Hardware’
The ‘Add Hardware Wizard’ will open up. Click Next.
Select ‘Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)’
Click Next 2 times, then click the ‘Have Disk’ button
Click Browse and find where the downloaded, unrar-ed firmware folder is. Go to Drivers > USB VCOM Driver > select the .inf file compatible with your Windows OS (XP, Vista or Win7, 32 bit or 64 bit)
Click Open and OK. The driver will be listed. Then click Next. The driver will finish installing.
Well, now that you’re done with the driver installation, time to flash your phone using SP Tools.
Go to ‘Flash Tools’ folder, unrar the SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139 package, click 3-4 times to go deep into it where there will be a collection of files, find the little blue ‘Flash_tool’ application file, double click on it to run. The interface will open up.
Click on ‘Download Agent’, browse to the same folder where you found the ‘Flash_tool’ application, and select MTK_AllinONne_DA.
Now click on scatter loading, browse to Software > Primo-F2_0301_T5159. Then select the text document called ‘MT6572_Android_scatter’.
Now click Firmware-> Upgrade and then connect the usb cable with moble while the battery is removed.
Now insert battery. It’ll star downloading. Hold your breath and wait.
After a few minutes it will show a pop up saying ‘Firmware Upgrade’ with a nice green circle. Now, you’re done. Next time you turn on your phone it will be running a shiny new rom, and work like a newly-bought phone!
Of course, don’t forget to do a factory reset first thing when you boot up your phone!

So that’s about it. If you have any doubts of troubles, ask them here. Good luck flashing!
P.S. This guide has been compiled from the instructions given here - http://www.waltonforum.com/index.php?topic=3101.0 and here - http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-How-to-install-MTK-USB-driver-manually-on-Windows . And of course it should go without saying that I’m not responsible for any possible damages your device incurs during this procedure. Flashing an Android rom is serious business so give it a good thought before deciding if you want to go ahead with it. Your device manufacturer warranty will be null and void the moment you go down this road.
But that doesn’t mean it’s not brilliantly exciting smiley

please Oga, I downloaded the primo f2 stock rom but when I unrared it, the software folder was empty, I then downloaded it again but same problem,Now I don't know whether the problem is from my rar archiver or the stock rom itself. Please help!
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by brympep: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
is it advisable to install dis walton rom to my gp2 coz i don brick my p2 but i have cwm install.... .need ur suggestion
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Gift77(m): 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good news to people in osun who called for Gionee Phones.
Maxwell in ile-Ife is now one of our big dealer. Kindly get yours there at good price and nice package from him.
just call the Dealer for any Gionee in osun state
MAXWELL---0803 352 0607 (osun state)
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by brympep: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
please i need your help i bricked my phone.... but i dont backed it up well,,,when i want to restore it it just keep saying md5 mismatch.... pls i need someone to help me back his rom up and kindly upload d md5....pls its urgent m begging u all.... coz i dont want to use dat walton rom
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Artorius(m): 12:13am On Nov 22, 2013
hi folks. I downloaded a game and after installing it, I tried to open it and I receive a message saying it's not the original copy of the game. what do I do?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Rockyfancino(m): 4:28am On Nov 22, 2013
xplicity1: Any address on where to buy this phone in Owo or Akure at Ondo State.
got mine in ikare for 14k5
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 4:29am On Nov 22, 2013
brympep: please i need your help i bricked my phone.... but i dont backed it up well,,,when i want to restore it it just keep saying md5 mismatch.... pls i need someone to help me back his rom up and kindly upload d md5....pls its urgent m begging u all.... coz i dont want to use dat walton rom

If it's the nandroid.md5 file u want..

Well... here is mine attached below.. Just unzip it and best of luck..

Nandroid.zip by my signature.. smiley

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Rockyfancino(m): 4:35am On Nov 22, 2013
pupils... which VPN is currently working with Mtn bis, either with premium account or free
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Rockyfancino(m): 4:47am On Nov 22, 2013
is it possible for your vpn to be connected and also open your tethering (WiFi hotspot)
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by akinlope: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2013
akinlope: someone pls help,i tried to
launch bbm on my htc v4.0.3 bt i says
ur phone has wireless
conection turned off.does
mean i nd wifi to activate it?
Or what shuld i do? plz sir's

No harm in turning ur 3G or wifi connected if u have one.. And relaunch it..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by xplicity1(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Shalome(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2013
pls advice
is it safe to install BUSYBOX on p2, I no wan brick Fone o
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by sparkboy4122: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Shalomé: pls advice
is it safe to install BUSYBOX on p2, I no wan brick Fone o
yes it is safe , just installed mine
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by seunlayi(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
is there any ram expander i can use without rooting my phone?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by harden(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Plz o ma dead to rights for ma ppsspp is very slow plz sum1 shud help me with d settings am using 0.9.5
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Artorius(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
please folks I tried activating the free mtn data for GIONEE pioneer p2. I received a text saying I am not eligible for the offer please what should I do. the phone is just two weeks old.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Shalome(m): 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
sparkboy4122: yes it is safe , just installed mine
pls dwld link
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by MonsieurJude: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pls gurus av try tried to download gangster Miami vindication but it never download complete from android mob.com....so pls I would appreciate if d gurus ere can post a secure link 2 download the game...tnx a bunch in advance sirs
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Xxpress:
its not showing for gprs (E, G or H)
try anoda ntwrk.
nd mak sure u on data connection
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by kingemris(m): 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
pls I rooted my phone with framaroot and later I formated my phone and deleted supersu ever since then framaroot does not work on my phone. when I click to root my phone it will show half success system partition is read only use local.prop trick, reboot ur phone and use adb to see if it will run as root. pls guys what should I do to resolve this
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Artorius: please folks I tried activating the free mtn data for GIONEE pioneer p2. I received a text saying I am not eligible for the offer please what should I do. the phone is just two weeks old.
it's either u'v actvated it b4 or anoda sim has bn used on ur fone to activat it
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
don_simon1: Someone pls help...I just bought d p2,but I'm unable to browse...there is no edge or 3g logo...can someone pls offer a solution?...TNX
dd u on data connection?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by lekelicom(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
kingemris: pls I rooted my phone with framaroot and later I formated my phone and deleted supersu ever since then framaroot does not work on my phone. when I click to root my phone it will show half success system partition is read only use local.prop trick, reboot ur phone and use adb to see if it will run as root. pls guys what should I do to resolve this

just install super SU from playstore
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2013
I thought this phone came with boot recovery and there's backup in it and i've used it to recover my old Td5 from boot loop. All i wanna know is can it still work as recovery tool like cwm?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by seunlayi(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2013
directonpc: fix for battery issue.
1.fully charge your gionee p2 battery,
2.Uninstall the preinstalled battery saver,
3.Download lattest version of ''battery doctor'' from playstore.
Enjoy your phone with upto 40hours of standby. *from a hand on observation
my wife p2 battery last more than 50hrs with light browsing with edge. I never thought an andriod fone battery can last this long. even mine last more than a day and for more than a week of using mine, my battery has never gone below 20% mark after more than 14hrs.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by buchito1(m): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2013
seunlayi: is there any ram expander i can use without rooting my phone?
No sir!!! U must be rooted!
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Geniusvic(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Plssss Is there anywhere I can buy d gionee p2 battery? Mine no longer works!

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone? / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.