Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach (61440 Views)

Photos: Taiwan Fisherman Catches Giant Fish, Slices It Into Pieces On The Street / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by feezy(m): 2:23am On Aug 28, 2013
If na for oyinbo place, dem 4 put am back inside de water oooo cry but my country ehhnnnn grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by qhiwegh(m): 2:36am On Aug 28, 2013
When are they taking this giant fish to market? I've got eba and palm oil ready, I just need some of that fish meat for pepper soup.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Airforce1(m): 2:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Boiz are not smilling at all grin grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Airforce1: Boiz are not smilling at all grin grin

I tell ya. Everybody na red eye cheesy
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by bootlegaz: 3:17am On Aug 28, 2013
If it's Nigerians in Diaspora they will call wild life and conservative organization to come and rescue the Whale but Nigerians in Naija will........in their cooking pot grin grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by bootlegaz: 3:18am On Aug 28, 2013
feezy: If na for oyinbo place, dem 4 put am back inside de water oooo cry but my country ehhnnnn grin
Fashola may even have his share as the area father grin grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 28, 2013
Oracool11: A few weeks ago, i posted about the Alpha beach ocean surge, now a large fish washes up on ashore .
Picture of the fish is attached.
I'm very sure that when dis topic made FP, it read "very big fish" and not "blue whale"! 1st of all, I'll luv 2 say big ups 4 d close pix shot but whoever is responsible for changing this topic title; Messrs' OP or MOD, should kindly change the name to sea creature (if you ain't sure of what u saw)!

Do u know what is a blue whale? A blue whale ain't croaker or titus fish bro! Its the biggest animal ever known (170 metric tons)! The largest known dinosaur of the Mesozoic Era was Argentinosaurus, which is estimated to have weighed up to 90 metric tons. A blue whale's tongue weighs more than 30 elephants, its heavier than a hippopotamus @ child birth! Its about 30mtrs long! From wat I saw in ur pix, that's not a blue whale!

Next time, try using google.com or wikipedia to get ur facts right before posting stuffs like this!

5 Likes

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by uzormoses(m): 4:11am On Aug 28, 2013
Omo I dey mainland o with d go slow and queue for island.u sure say awonboyz no run d fish leave bone?
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by MaziOmenuko: 4:22am On Aug 28, 2013
adsonstone: Pls, if its still alive, efforts should be made to get it back into the water. #my opinion

Yea, b'cos if that thing catches you stranded inside water it would make efforts to get you back to dry land.

cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by MaziOmenuko: 4:28am On Aug 28, 2013
wise_many2k:
Do u know what is a blue whale? A blue whale ain't croaker or titus fish bro! Its the biggest animal ever known (170 metric tons)! The largest known dinosaur of the Mesozoic Era was Argentinosaurus, which is estimated to have weighed up to 90 metric tons. A blue whale's tongue weighs more than 30 elephants, its heavier than a hippopotamus @ child birth! Its about 30mtrs long! From wat I saw in ur pix, that's not a blue whale!

Now that's scary!!!

But the pix didn't (or couldn't) show the entire length nor size.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by lillies: 4:31am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
LIke if you think Traditional Religions are better than man-worship/christianity.

Wetin concern this ur post and dis fish now?! U just like to yarn opata
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by agbola(m): 4:33am On Aug 28, 2013
OMG!!! what is a baby whale doing this close to the shore?? We should be investigating that mamma... cos it could be something real happening in that water... O I forget, this is naija

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by thaoriginator: 4:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Omo see raw meat yeeeeeeshocked
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by victorv12(m): 4:43am On Aug 28, 2013
The first whale that I noticed being washed up was butchered and eaten by some hungry Lagosians with cutlasses and matchetes. Not caring whether the mammal was being injected with some lethal injections, and used by some researchers, especially, Japanese researchers. To finish Nigeria with a biological weapon is very easy.

It's just for any advanced country to eject the whale with some weapon of mass destruction, the rest is history. Our jungle chop chop mentality must stop. Lagosian should stop eaten dead mammals they see by the sea side. It can be infected with anything or being used as a means of attack.

Eko ko ni baje o!

4 Likes

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Sike(m): 4:44am On Aug 28, 2013
How i wishhhh......
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by vipers: 4:47am On Aug 28, 2013
dnt kill dat whale put it back in the sea 4 it 2 go, whale is friendly 2 human race

3 Likes

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 28, 2013
vipers: dnt kill dat whale put it back in the sea 4 it 2 go, whale is friendly 2 human race
p
Lmaoooo grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 28, 2013
didadavid:

Fish na fish my brother.

grin cheesy
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Basics007: 5:34am On Aug 28, 2013
How come this is the only place I'm hearing about this story. No other online print nor electronic media is reporting this. The picture itself is even somehow,it's too 'clean' for what you will expect from a typical Lagos reaction.
If you ask me I call it BS

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by RAYCEtrey: 5:40am On Aug 28, 2013
make i go collect my own share no dulling...
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by samshoz(m): 5:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Almost anything is edible to some Nigerians, na wah o.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by tiebe: 5:56am On Aug 28, 2013
feezy: If na for oyinbo place, dem 4 put am back inside de water oooo cry but my country ehhnnnn grin

so, for oyinbo place dem go put dead whale inside water?
wise_many2k:
I'm very sure that when dis topic made FP, it read "very big fish" and not "blue whale"! 1st of all, I'll luv 2 say big ups 4 d close pix shot but whoever is responsible for changing this topic title; Messrs' OP or MOD, should kindly change the name to sea creature (if you ain't sure of what u saw)!

Next time, try using google.com or wikipedia to get ur facts right before posting stuffs like this!

and to you who says its not a blue whale, look dat your google picture well again. and compare to the tiny part of the whale this picture showed. . . maybe you'll change your mind. this picture is just a tiny part, whale was already dead, and to the body dimensions and statistics you quoted, no be for full grown whale? dis one fit be d pikin na.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 28, 2013
ti-ebe:

so, for oyinbo place dem go put dead whale inside water?

and to you who says its not a blue whale, look dat your google picture well again. and compare to the tiny part of the whale this picture showed. . . maybe you'll change your mind. this picture is just a tiny part, whale was already dead, and to the body dimensions and statistics you quoted, no be for full grown whale? dis one fit be d pikin na.

E be like say you don chop from this whale meat undecided
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2013
Mudley313: That is a blue whale; not a fish, but a mammal...OP get an education
people make mistakes.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 28, 2013
is this lagos state?
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by sylvar02(m): 6:15am On Aug 28, 2013
Dubby6: if dis fish catch u 1 one.. i comment my reserve

Na only comment yur reserve?
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Btruth: 6:15am On Aug 28, 2013
I bet we will soon see the skeleton of this fish. Nigerian no dey waste time for this kind on Manna from heaven. I pity the fish self!
lipsrsealed
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by legendsilver(m): 6:19am On Aug 28, 2013
Dis is Dbanj "eja nla"
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Freedani(m): 6:22am On Aug 28, 2013
Is the fish dead? Cos i dont want to hear stories that touched
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by KDULAR: 6:26am On Aug 28, 2013
it was d dead on arrival
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Tony2k3(m): 6:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Mudley313: That is a blue whale; not a fish, but a mammal...OP get an education

Charlie buy ur self a direction. Fish na fish. I too knw dey kill u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Is Mauled To Death By Tiger After Climbing Into Zoo Enclosure In India(Pics) / Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. / Chimpanzee Hugs Woman Who Rescued Her From Illegal Bushmeat Trade In Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.