Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach (61439 Views)

Photos: Taiwan Fisherman Catches Giant Fish, Slices It Into Pieces On The Street / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by chiogoezubem(f): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Trust Nigerians, they would invade that fish, scavenge it for peeper soup and even take the bones home as souvenirs while the area boys would be at the corner collecting their own tax too.

Eko o ni baje o grin

Trust area boys to make proper use of the situation...emergency tickets everywhere!!! Gate fee noni. lmao
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by royale442(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2013
rutibaby: Is this life or just a frame stuff. Its such a big fish, how many days wil it take someone to cut it into sizes.
Yh, i heard that the tongue of a blue whale is HEAVIER than an ELEPHANT.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by royale442(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2013
rutibaby: Is this life or just a frame stuff. Its such a big fish, how many days wil it take someone to cut it into sizes.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by UjSizzle(f): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2013
That's a big fish shocked
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by successking: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2013
What killed the fish, should be our concern and not to use part of it as pepper soup.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by mufex(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2013
It can't be a blue whale..because i heard blue whale is a mammal and it is blue. Presumably, that can't be a blue whale.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yea, b'cos if that thing catches you stranded inside water it would make efforts to get you back to dry land.

cheesycheesy

You need to show love to every living thing,even to the helpless white whales. Killing and eating it doesn't mean you won't go hungry again.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Mudley313:

mehn sharrap there...that is either a blue or a fin whale
mr know it all, so now its "either a blue whale or fin whale". I tot u were insisting earlier dat it was a blue whale. Dyu even know what a blue whale is?? Dyu know how big it is? Dat fish up dere is little compared to a blue whale! Goodness! U're d one who needs an education! And to think u were saying d same statement to a poster..gosh
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:47am On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2013
wise_many2k:
I'm very sure that when dis topic made FP, it read "very big fish" and not "blue whale"! 1st of all, I'll luv 2 say big ups 4 d close pix shot but whoever is responsible for changing this topic title; Messrs' OP or MOD, should kindly change the name to sea creature (if you ain't sure of what u saw)!

Do u know what is a blue whale? A blue whale ain't croaker or titus fish bro! Its the biggest animal ever known (170 metric tons)! The largest known dinosaur of the Mesozoic Era was Argentinosaurus, which is estimated to have weighed up to 90 metric tons. A blue whale's tongue weighs more than 30 elephants, its heavier than a hippopotamus @ child birth! Its about 30mtrs long! From wat I saw in ur pix, that's not a blue whale!

Next time, try using google.com or wikipedia to get ur facts right before posting stuffs like this!

mr. that is baby blue whale. i don knw why some people cant use their heads. if u doubt that its not a ble whale, then what type of whale is it? a sperm whale or grey whale? hell no!
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by fleshnbone: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
LIke if you think Traditional Religions are better than man-worship/christianity.
Na so una dey fail for exam,d post is about a whale, u are talking about religion.smh for u

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by bong4(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Mudley313: That is a blue whale; not a fish, but a mammal...OP get an education
Can't you just give the correction without being sarcastic?
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by naijaguy77: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2013

Looks more like a Humpback than a Blue.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by nnanyereugo(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
LIke if you think Traditional Religions are better than man-worship/christianity.

dude, seriosly u nid 2 b deliverd 4rm dat ur juju worshipn cos it can only lead u 2 hel. JESUS CHRIST is d way, d truth and life period

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by paparazzi1987(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Thank God our Police college student will have something to eat 1 fish = 10000 police
grin grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Jisos Christ of Alpha Beach! What is my eyes seeing? Omo eh, dis one go swallow ship (consignment inclusive) i swear!
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by RKVINTLTD: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2013
E o ni baje o !

The history of Eko has repeat itself.

Remember the time of Maroko when you wake up in the morning and pack fishes at shore, prepare meal for the day, quit an interesting memories. You just get pepper, oil & little salt and that is all. Gari & Eba where are you ?

Also in the late memories; the story of "Eja Abubutan" had repeated itself. Abututan in Yoruba means "What you begin to eat or pack and it will never finish". It is true of this big fish because it is very big and need to be cut within 3 day else it will start to smell bad, So there is no way you can finish it, some will still be remaining for you can not finish before it got a bad smell.

This fish here in the picture is as big as Ship, look at the mouth from the ground to top of those men beside it in the picture, it can swallow a whole 10 to 20 people at once.

Caution Please;
Those of you that do go to the beach to catch fun are taken a big risk of been lost to be eaten up by big Fish or Wales like this.

Federal Government, State Government and the Press need to sound this note of warning and public enlightenment to the people of Lagos and Nigeria to avoid swimming at the beach, it is very risky.

Press should site this example to the public through the News paper and TV should help in going there to capture the scene and bring it to millions of people on the Air.

We should be security conscious.

Thanks for this post.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by floxyluv283: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2013
pepper soup ingredients pls
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by UjSizzle(f): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2013
RKVINTLTD: E o ni baje o !

The history of Eko has repeat itself.

Remember the time of Maroko when you wake up in the morning and pack fishes at shore, prepare meal for the day, quit an interesting memories. You just get pepper, oil & little salt and that is all. Gari & Eba where are you ?

Also in the late memories; the story of "Eja Abubutan" had repeated itself. Abututan in Yoruba means "What you begin to eat or pack and it will never finish". It is true of this big fish because it is very big and need to be cut within 3 day else it will start to smell bad, So there is no way you can finish it, some will still be remaining for you can not finish before it got a bad smell.

This fish here in the picture is as big as Ship, look at the mouth from the ground to top of those men beside it in the picture, it can swallow a whole 10 to 20 people at once.

Caution Please;
Those of you that do to the beach to catch fun are taken a big risk of been lost to be eaten up by big Fish or Wales like this.

Federal Government, State Government are the Press need to sound this warning and public enlightenment to the people of Lagos and Nigeria to avoid swimming at the beach, it is risky.

Press should site this example to the public through the new paper and TV should help in going there to capture the scene and bring it to million of people on the Air.

We should be security conscious.

Thanks for this post.
Fed ministry of info, that whale looks to be in more danger than the people going to the beach.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2013
rossi49ja: Nature providing free meal for its very own.
you call dis free meal?? I hope nigerians don't consume what will kill them one day. Who knows how long d fish has been dead in d water?? Who knows maybe it died due to diseases or serious infection from d water?? Nigerians just carry matchete and start butchering the thing! Gosh....i wonder how pple don't feel sensitive when it comes to food?! I really do

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by ProductofGrace: 9:15am On Aug 28, 2013
This is one of the things that should be of concern to us about how to conserve our environment better
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2013
didadavid:

Fish na fish my brother.

Your logic is very flawed.

Fishes lay eggs, mammals don't, fishes only breath under water, mammals only breath above the surface.

Whale is a mammal because it doesn't lay eggs and it breaths above water surface.

Being water borne and having fins doesn't make it a fish bro. By your logic, then Seals and Sea-lions are fishes as well.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by brownlord: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2013
RedBenson: Jisos Christ of Alpha Beach! What is my eyes seeing? Omo eh, dis one go swallow ship (consignment inclusive) i swear!

Akin you are right, no wonder them never deliver my priva8 jet, I dey run go alpha beach go find my jet for inside d fish belle

Oga stop taken the taba now
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by bizfirst: 9:24am On Aug 28, 2013
the ocean really has got amazing stuff...its my guess however, that that's a whale.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by repogirl(f): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:

mr. that is baby blue whale. i don knw why some people cant use their heads. if u doubt that its not a ble whale, then what type of whale is it? a sperm whale or grey whale? hell no!

yeah, definitely a baby blue whale.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Aerocrystals(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2013
Hmm...nawa o
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by MaziOmenuko: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2013
ifeness:

You need to show love to every living thing,even to the helpless white whales. Killing and eating it doesn't mean you won't go hungry again.

You miss my point; same way it will show you love if it finds you helpless in its environment.

Just saying sha, not that I would venture taste a whale's meat, even if offered on a platter of gold.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by drdams: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Dats nt a blue whale Mr. Lecturer, the blue whale is d largest mammal.

U n d OP both needs an education.
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by nickz(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2013
royale442: Yh, i heard that the tongue of a blue whale is HEAVIER than an ELEPHANT.
I think its the length not the weight,and its heart is the size of a car grin
Re: Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2013
shocked Meanwhile in ibadan, some ppl are spreading rumors about mermaid visitation in alpha beach!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Is Mauled To Death By Tiger After Climbing Into Zoo Enclosure In India(Pics) / Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. / Chimpanzee Hugs Woman Who Rescued Her From Illegal Bushmeat Trade In Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.