Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,571 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:15 PM

Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister (10857 Views)

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno / Nigeria To Experience Lunar Eclipse On September 28 / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by eluquenson(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
The Minister of Science and Technology, Prof. Ita Ewa, said on Tuesday that Nigeria would soon start exporting technologies to other African countries.
Ewa said this when a team of experts from the UNESCO paid him a courtesy call in Abuja.
The minister said the Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO) “Silicon Valley”, in Kwali, FCT, would be a zone where technology would be exported. Ewa said that the valley would not only be the steering point of development and diffusion of technology to Nigeria, but also for African countries.

Prof. Ita Ewa
“We have gone to the drawing board and discovered that micro-chips and integrated circuit form the hull mark and bed rock through which technology drive.
“We believe that the best approach to Nigeria is not giving us fish but how to catch a fish.
“We want the SHESTCO ‘Silicon Valley’ here to be a unique one that will not only ensure technology transfer to Nigeria but (will) be export processing zone, where technology would be exported to other African countries.
“That is why we have taken time to discuss with Paris government and other governments that have developed their science park,’’ Ewa said.
The minister said that the centre would be where solar technology value chain could be used in promoting the technology in Nigeria.
Ewa said that was why the ministry was collaborating with UNESCO and other relevant experts to get it right from the starting point.
He added that the country was going to develop a practical roadmap that would guide the valley even after the end of the current administration in the ministry.
Earlier, the leader of the UNESO team, Dr Voslan Nur, said the organisation had agreed to collaborate with the Federal Government to establish the valley.
He said the valley would be a promising project as obtained in other parts of the world.
Nur described the initiative of the ministry on the project as the right step in the right decision to make the nation’s technology park a productive centre.
Prof.  Deog-song Oh, the Secretary-General, World Technopolis Association, Korea, said the establishment of the valley would make Nigeria one of the world technology giants in the nearest future.
“When we think of African countries, we always think of Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa.
“Now, you are one of the giants of Africa; you can join the giants of the world through the application of knowledge-based economy like the developed economies,’’ Oh said.
He said a knowledge-based economy was the only way any country could fast-track its development.
The secretary-general said such a concept had been demonstrated by some other countries.
The other members of the visiting UNESCO team are Dr. Malcom Parry of the Surrey Research Park, Gilford, UK and Mr Han-Sic Cho, the Deputy Secretary-General of WTA.
The minister and the management of the ministry later led the UNESCO experts to SHESTCO where the site of the valley is located. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/nigeria-to-start-exporting-technologies-to-african-countries-says-minister/
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by tmtech: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
Yes...dats true....countries like lake chad,djibouti,comoros,swaziland,somalia need our technology.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by kingofpool: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
Are they jokin
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
fresh air from GEJ

indeed exporting politricking technics to smaller countries will be a nice move by fg. God bless you sir and give you more wisdom to lead Nigeria!!
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Saraben(f): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
D's one will b vision 2050,

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hmm, for the fact that we sell satellite images, I think I believe.
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Visocrate(m): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2013
nice step by the minister
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by shigoslim(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2013
Yeye people how could that possible when our educational system is yet to meet the standard level of science and technology. Make na no disgrace us.cheesy:p;>

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by eluquenson(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2013
shigo slim: Yeye people how could that possible when our educational system is yet to meet the standard level of science and technology. Make na no disgrace us.cheesy:p;>

LWKM grin grin grin
Vision 2020...no no vision 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by everyday: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
which kind technologies we get wey we dey export sef

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na today?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Durchmann(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by idrisolaide(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
Like Memory card, Charger and other Computer Village Coupled Device... Lol grin shocked
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by wellmax(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
Promhize: Hmm, for the fact that we sell satellite images, I think I believe.

Selling Satellite images is not technology but a service.
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
How do I package my Juju technology for export?!

Example: Blood Money, Thunder firing people, Winching people, flying without aeroplane, Odeshi, Touch & follow, Disappearing blockus|kpekus, e.t.c..

Nna men!! This can be profitable for my shrine o!!

This Juju is Made in Nigeria by Okija & Sons Group of Companies Enterprises Limited[/right]

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by 4reigningqueen: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
lol!

I PLEDGE TO NiGERIA MY COUNTRY,
TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST,
TO SERVE NIGERIA WITH ALL MY STRENGHT,
TO DEFEND OUR UNITY,
AND UPHOLD OUR HONOUR AND GLORY.
SO HELP ME GOD.
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013

Good. Time to export........what? What the hell are we exporting? Somebody please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by jude33084(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
At least we are the first to discover that 16 is greater than 19 undecided

grin grin grin grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Richy4(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
which kind technologies we get wey we dey export sef
Boko Technology smiley
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by kingofpool: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
fuckin jokerx.....dis same man dat told me he is a joker is at it again

outro: nigeria is jokerx world
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Sammiel: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
everyday: which kind technologies we get wey we dey export sef
Technology wey dey disconnect power supply every two two hours.
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by hydoo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
Reports coming in from Jalingo, the capital of Taraba state say Governor Danbaba Suntai has dissolved his Executive council.
Reports from Jalingo, the Taraba State capital indicate that Governor Danbaba Suntai has dissolved the state’s Executive council and sacked all advisers.
A source at the Government House also informed PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Suntai has also appointed the immediate past Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Timothy Katap, as the new Secretary to State Government, SSG.
He also appointed Aminu Jika as his new Chief of Staff. The source added that both appointees will be sworn in by 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Government House.
This is the second time that Mr. Jika is being appointed as the Chief of Staff to Mr. Suntai. He was first appointed when Mr. Suntai took office in 2007.
Controversy has trailed Mr. Suntai’s return with observers questioning his mental state of health as the governor continues to stay or be kept away from public glare.
Although the governor sent a letter to the Speaker of the Assembly on Tuesday asking to return to office, the speaker has reportedly rejected the letter asking Mr. Suntai to appear before the lawmakers to confirm his ability to lead the state.
Source::premium times nigeria
Wahala dey for naija!

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by ettybaba(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
jude33084: At least we are the first to discover that 16 is greater than 19 undecided

grin grin grin grin tongue
Yes o. And 5 > 27.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by lekkie073(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
next
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by saintkola(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
This thread is a joke right? Am I in the jokes section? *looks around*
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by EverestdeBliu(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
wait phurst,so we neva start to export techs sinz 1960?..sharp-sharp go Aba,waka enter Onitsha,stroll down to Kano,Kadunas r ready,Lagos blood dey hot,secretly enter Bornu and run to Enugu,collect all our excess techs,stuffs dem inside d containers,throw dem into d high sea n wave fare well to dem as dey sail to botswana,burundi,usa,uk,india,niger,france,ghana,benin,ivory coast,gambia,cape verde,china,qatar,pakistan,south africa,nepal,mali,chad....n d list goes on lilke that
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by 4reigningqueen: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kilo ti e ma n se awon people na? Ahn ahn! Won a kan ma paro ma paro bi e nipe weeree le ni to n ba so ro.
Awon agbalagba.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by AbdulAdam56(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
Naija?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by kingofpool: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju: How do I package my Juju technology for export?!

Example: Blood Money, Thunder firing people, Winching people, flying without aeroplane, Odeshi, Touch & follow, Disappearing blockus|kpekus, e.t.c..

Nna men!! This can be profitable for my shrine o!!

This Juju is Made in Nigeria by Okija & Sons Group of Companies Enterprises Limited[/right]
u can send 2.9 million to my bank account, den u send de gudx for a start of businex
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by premlove(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hahahaha thank GOD say i no bother to read am, abeg who see my bb charger
Re: Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
na TECNO cos all this nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Download It Here Now Now!!!!! FOR ALL ANDROID / Grand Theft Auto 5 (gta V), Visa 2 Apk + Obb + Data Download / Tsunami Warning As Magnitude 8 Quake Hits Near Papua New Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.