Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? (628 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by Ilekokonit: 12:02am On Aug 28, 2013
Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ?

Or why do they behave as if they will not be held accountable for their misdeeds ?

If they are not picking the pockets of their long suffering church members with such greed and impunity they are indulging in adulterous sexcapades with their church members.

Are we really sure Nigerian Pastors still believe in God or are they really Closet Atheists with no fear of Man or God hence the way they carry on with impunity ?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by wiegraf: 12:09am On Aug 28, 2013
lol
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by MrTroll(m): 12:24am On Aug 28, 2013
Sometimes I think about it too.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by ckkris: 3:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Many, by their greed and covetousness, are clearly atheists. Their god is their belly.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by plaetton: 4:08am On Aug 28, 2013
Ilekokonit: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ?

Or why do they behave as if they will not be held accountable for their misdeeds ?

If they are not picking the pockets of their long suffering church members with such greed and impunity they are indulging in adulterous sexcapades with their church members.

Are we really sure Nigerian Pastors still believe in God or are they really Closet Atheists with no fear of Man or God hence the way they carry on with impunity ?

As an atheist, I take exception to your ill-informed comments about atheism. sad

If you happen to know any atheists or know anything about atheism, you would imedietly recognize that a person who couragously opts out of religious indoctrination is an individual that values reason, self accountability , and social justice.

It is insulting to insinuate that Nigerian pentecostal fraudsters are atheist because of their criminal proclivities.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Religion, the Abrahamic religions in particular are fraudulent by virtue of their DNA. They have a faulty DNA that must ever produce defects in reasoning , attitudes and behaviour.
History attests to these facts.

Religion is, and has always always been magnets for many and all sorts of sociopaths and psychopaths in every society, past and present. undecided

It is a perfect cover for many of the subtle and not so subtle ailments of the human psyche.

If these MoFos, or MOGs, as you call them, were atheists, they would have led examplary lives worthy of emulation.

So, please correct yourself.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by PastorOluT(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2013
@ op truly said n u have earned my like. I have held on to this thought for long, I am privileged to encounter many n I tell the truth 90% of them live contrary to what they teach/preach.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by Areaboy2(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2013
Ive given this some thought and have come to the conclusion that most of them are.

I mean, if you stage miracles just to win more followers then it simply means you clearly know what you are preaching is horse shite and doesn't work.

Most of them are actually very clever chaps and know how to use the inconsistencies and ambiguity of the bible to their advantage at great success undecided

At the end, its all in the bid to make money. Else, tell me why you have a government primary school with 10 different church in it on a Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by nora544: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2013
Area_boy: Ive given this some thought and have come to the conclusion that most of them are.

I mean, if you stage miracles just to win more followers then it simply means you clearly know what you are preaching is horse shite and doesn't work.

Most of them are actually very clever chaps and know how to use the inconsistencies and ambiguity of the bible to their advantage at great success undecided

At the end, its all in the bid to make money. Else, tell my why you have a government primary school with 10 different church in it on a Sunday?

That is it, because only few teach the real gospel and many only see the money they can make.

so long in nigeria there will be no law that a church have to show what they make with the money they get from there followers so long nothing will change.

When i read we make charity and we give so many millions but you see no real photos of a project could you belief that they realy make it.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Closet Atheists ? by tobechi74: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
I agree that most nigerian pastors arnt ptacticing true christianity. I am not comfortable with your chosen comparism word...

Why atheist? Use another word plz

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good Travelling On Sunday? Albeit It's After Service / Prophet TB Joshua Predicted Agagu's Corpse Plane Crash In Lagos / Pastors Collecting Tithe Today Are Robbers. - Dr Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.