Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61131 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by paris10: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2015
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

608 Likes 85 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by gunuvi(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2015
You are very correct but many Nigerians are very gullible to the estent you will almost believe they are hypnotised by these thieves and heartless beings calling themselves men of God.
They will soon come on this thread to swallow us but I have reserved a dangerous thunder to strike them dead.
I am waiting.

Heeeeey!!! So I am FTC.
I hereby dedicate this to all those who were lucky to survive the bomb blast on friday. May God please heal the soon and RIP to the innocent ones that lost their lives.
Nigeria will be great soon!!!

266 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nairalanddiary: 10:47am On Oct 01, 2015
Shame on them all! The church was never for profit making, helping the poor and weak was the num 2 mission, thr first is saving souls. See how things have changed? We have churches/pastors/general overseers owning schools, business, jets, private islands. ..I can't even blame these pastors because it is the gullible people who empowered them.

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Weah96: 11:14am On Oct 01, 2015
Have you seen where the pope calls HOME? It's a sovereign state. LOL The sale of one of his paintings alone could convince Oyedepo to become his house boy. Or even Creflo Money, abi, Dollar.

Don't compare the pope's annual earnings with these multi millionaires please. That's disrespectful to the hard work put in by the Vatican over the centuries.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by orunto27: 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
The other Pastors than the Roman Catholic ones are always defending their Salvation.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by eddy1977(m): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
The Pope rode in a $20K mini car as a proof of humility?
Wow!
I guess He would have been even more humble if He rode a Donkey.

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Goshen360(m): 2:45am On Oct 02, 2015
gunuvi:
You are very correct but many Nigerians are very gullible to the estent you will almost believe they are hypnotised by these thieves and heartless beings calling themselves men of God.
They will soon come on this thread to swallow us but I have reserved a dangerous thunder to strike them dead.
I am waiting.

Make them give you one bottle of that thing you like to drink ni? grin grin grin

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by birdman(m): 3:51am On Oct 03, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

255 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by birdman(m): 3:54am On Oct 03, 2015
eddy1977:
The Pope rode in a $20K mini car as a proof of humility?
Wow!
I guess He would have been even more humble if He rode a Donkey.

You are very correct. I think the intrinsic problem is that many people, including christians, do not really understand what wealth is, and the role money plays in it. They see a footballer taking selfies on a "private" jet and think the the dude has made it. His boss, the club owner, sees the same selfie while on his yatch and laughs becasue he knows what true wealth is, and what you have to do to get it and keep it.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by btoks: 9:04am On Oct 03, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

A commercial plane is chartered when the pope needs to travel and the cost is usually subsidised by the travelling journalists. This is a lot cheaper than owning a private jet. No state has bought a jet for the pope.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by MeandSum: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
paris10:

I think he should have trekked shoeless. Better, he should have walked on water, then trek on land.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by TrajansKong: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by orisa37: 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nigerian pastors are still searching and researching for the Pope.

4 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by oyadanoz: 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
btoks:
A commercial plane is chartered when the pope needs to travel and the cost is usually subsidised by the travelling journalists. This is a lot cheaper than owning a private jet. No state has bought a jet for the pope.
u stand defend pop that is making noise. tell me howmany country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by oyadanoz: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
btoks:
u stand to defend pop that is making noise. tell me how many country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by oyadanoz: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
orunto27:
The other Pastors than the Roman Catholic ones are always defending their Salvation.
no peticustan minister defend his salvation but the scripture does. its only chatolic that uses doctrines to defend thair idolatory belif and all that are not biblecal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by btoks: 12:17am On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand to defend pop that is making noise. tell me how many country does he visit in a week.
It's not mandatory that a pastor visits all countries in a week. running a private jet is extremely expensive, minimum of $1m dollars per annum. I'm sure a church can find more beneficial ways to use money.

BTW,the pope seeks no popularity. There's no need for it!!

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

lol,

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

the pope didn't criticise anyone. He didn't speak a single word about anybody.

That u think he is criticising tells me a lot abt u.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by globalresource: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2015
@ op.. Keep hating.. .you will reap hatred in return(not a curse, but law of life). Creflo Dollar asked for money for private Jet and he gave his reasons(not steal). It is left for his congregation to make their decision on that. What the hell is your headache about that? Are you one of the people bankrolling his mission

Politicians are here stealing money.. .You remain helpless. Whereas some of these pastors like Bishop Oyedepo is not on the pay roll of the church. Many who you won't see on the pages of nairaland gives bountifully unto him and they are happy doing it. He has nothing to do with the offering. Most people hating here rarely gives in church or don't attend at all. Whereas we who gives cheerfully don't complain and we are happy doing it.

How would you compare the Pope with other pastors? Have you been to Vatican city and see for yourself.. .you would be surprise at the sight of beauty and magnificence(my due respect to the pope)

Your hatred will lead you no where. Keep googling pastors around the world.. Many have connected with them for the supernatural prosperity and you are mourning

My advice to you.. ..keep wailing. I don't expect you to grab the spiritual importance of honoring our men of God

You had celebrate when you see Jay Z with private jet but wail when Men of God use the same

Over to you destiny wailers

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by damiloladuke: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyfr(m): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2015
Oyedepo is a passionate business man. Back in the bible it was men of God who told the leaders what to do,look at today none of them can even stand up and say "thus says the lord". I pray God will expose them 1 by 1

18 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by wunmi590(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2015
Long live Pope Francis.

Proud Catholic

#TeamCatholicTillDeath.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bugatie(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2015
God bless the Pope, and us all

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by kennyman2000(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2015
I thought this private jet issue was dead and buried.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by loomer: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2015
Na trek pope trek go us?

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Funjosh(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ajoguegbe(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2015
What God checks is MOTIVE. Are they buying for status or for God's work? Jesus rode on a donkey and yet in order to preach to someone He commanded a disciple "join thyself to this chariot".(Acts 8:29) You will be shocked on the last day to find the marking scheme is not based on all this propaganda:
"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." 1 Cor 4:5
If with a private jet i am able to reach 5,000,000 people before I die with human criticism, I prefer it to reaching 5,000 with human praise on how humble I am.
If the poster reads the scriptures you won't be posting this because the Bible condenms our comparative analysis of God's men.
"Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding."

Bros wait till we appear before the judgment seat of Christ

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by justino57(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2015
Watin come happen
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyfr(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS!!! This dude is making me crazy. Pls receive sense

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:

Granted that this cannot be argued, the Pope have his own share of cheat and deceit of the Catholic world...

PAPAL Rome is a load of corruption and sham of Christiandom. Their lies and corruption is NO where near that of NIGERIAN pastors

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.