Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,143 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors (7861 Views)

Festus Odimegwu- Ex NPC Chairman Endorses General Buhari / Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) / Festus Odimegwu Suspended By The Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2013
Festus Odimegwu should stay focussed, talk-less and do the needful. The likes of kwankwaso who want the fraudulent status-quo in NPC maintained should do us a favour by jumping in front of a moving train.

Nigerians must say no to fraud & injustice!
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Orikinla(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2013
[size=18pt]The difference between me and others is the simply fact that I am allergic to lies and rumors the stock in trade of majority of Nigerians on Nairaland and other gossip sites.

I knew why I ignored the rumour of Eze Odimegwu's suspension.

Lack of reading is having a negative effect on the IQ of majority of Nigerians, who think like id-iots and behave like idi-ots.[/size]
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by michelz: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2013
I keep on asking my self why some elements in this nation are bent on running the country aground.why? Does it mean they have gone completely deaf to the wide cries of the needed positive change by the masses?or blind to the overwhelming poverty and hardship across the nation? Or is it not a shame that other nations are marking highlight developments while Nigeria is still battling below average? Since when did saying the truth publicly become a crime in any sane society? And yet we all clamour for accountability by public office holders....Nigerians,why? Why??

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by kevinsndeobi(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
'Catalyst'(as was fondly called during his secondary school days)is the most brilliant person I have seen in life.

I know he will transform NPC if given the chance.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Policewoman(f): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
I wonder where all those people running their mouths like a volkswagen beetle engine yesterday are? Shebi una don see say the man dey kamkpe. Na so Uncle Jona go take win fo 2015. And maybe this time, we will really have a credible Census figure.

4 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Chillypelly(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lies,deceit and blackmail is just not enough to change what is expected to be done. I shouted loud and coarse on this forum about the seeming drama playing out. Festus is the man of the moment and in a matter of time the truth will unveil itself.

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by abacrested(f): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kwankwaso's comments realy portrays his personality,dis is the kind of people Amechi n co want to be running mate to.dis shows how foolish Amechi n co is.u want to sack a man for saying what we al know is the truth n wil go a long way in correcting al the wrongs of the past census.ride on my man odumegwu,ride on Mr president,fresh air al d way smiley

2 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by AnanseK(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
3ace: Good. This is a good news. We need courageous men with balls who can stand firm and say "it is not going to be business as usual". We don enter corruption sotey some people no wan change again. Festus, carry go joor.

Yes, courageous men like Kwankwaso to tell the President that this is unacceptable. It's a mistake to appoint such a narrow minded bigot into a sensitive public position.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by blackbeau1(f): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is the problem with Nigerian Politics.we just oppose the other person because we feel it should have been our candidate there.we don't oppose based on the credibility of our oponent.its the reason we will never move forward.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by ckkris: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
AnanseK:

Yes, courageous men like Kwankwaso to tell the President that this is unacceptable. It's a mistake to appoint such a narrow minded bigot into a sensitive public position.
Hell no! Nigeria doesn't belong to Kwankwaso and those born-to- ruin the nation.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by taharqa: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The difference between me and others is the simply fact that I am allergic to lies and rumors the stock in trade of majority of Nigerians on Nairaland and other gossip sites.

I knew why I ignored the rumour of Eze Odimegwu's suspension.

Lack of reading is having a negative effect on the IQ of majority of Nigerians, who think like id-iots and behave like idi-ots.[/size]
I endorse this post...
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by YusufG: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kingspin: Kwankwaso must have graduated from one of those Almajiri school.
Yes and he's richer than ur father that graduated from cambridge
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by IGBOSON1: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
AnanseK:

^^^How is he a bigot?
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
Odimegwu should know that there are some things that are better left unsaid especially if you don't have evidence to prove them. He should talk less and work more. I'm not in doubt of his abilities. I'm only concerned about his utterances.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by codeworks(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
There is no way desert land will be more populated than fertile land. is impossible. I blame our colonial masters
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by mu2sa2: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
AnanseK:

Odimegwu has dismissed all previous census. The census of 2006 was conducted under Mr sumaila Danko, a highly respected technocrat and christian gentleman. That census was widely acclaimed even by UN. Odimegwu, speaking under the influence of alcohol, condemns everything done in the past and even the one he himself hope to conduct in 2016! Mr Danko conducted the 2006 census with 38 billion naira but this drunkard is asking for 260 billion to conduct 2016 census. Thief, armed robber. Anyway, this is naija anything goes- he is working for his brother drunkard who has put him there.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Inoknowbook: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Odimegwu should know that there are some things that are better left unsaid especially if you don't have evidence to prove them. He should talk less and work more. I'm not in doubt of his abilities. I'm only concerned about his utterances.

Shut the fork up. Who told you that he has no evidence to prove his allegation? Do you think that a man of his calibre would just make utterances without having facts to back them up, especially when he knows the implications of the said utterances. Meanwhile did you bother to read angryCleverly's comment? angry What evidence do you need beyond this:

On the subject matter, Odumegwu , I support you in totality, drum it to their ears, this fraud must not be allowed to continue. Take a case of Kano/Jigawa States vs Lagos State, in 1991 census the population figures of of both states were put at 4.4m and 4.2 respectively, the difference which they maintained till date. Then fastforword to 1997, Jigawa was carved out of Kano state thereby leaving kano depleted both in land mass and population. But in 2006 fraud called Census, Kano state was credited with a population figure of about 9.8M, Jigawa 5.6m while Lagos was allocated 9.6m. Then combine the figures of kano and Jigawa states, you have 15.5m. According to them the population of Old Kano States doubled to cater for Jigawa State while that of Lagos state remains stagnant because no state was carved out it. Nigerian Logic, you may say!

That you a moderator does not mean that you have to comment on every post, most especially when you don't have anything reasonable to say. Your position behoves on you to be very tactful in your comments.

3 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by badesco(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
What the man said is nothing but the whole truth. As for the kano Governor, i think he is not only gullible but economical with the truth. everybody. every nigerians knew that the census figures allotted for kano state in 2006 was doctored, i mean was over inflated.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by chidinwachukwu(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
The Yorubas are so Obsessed with the Igbos that they don't use their common sense when analyzing issues or negative news about an Igbo man in power.I thought they said that they are learned but,their animosity against the Igbos has so blinded them that they don't even have time again to Investigate issues before opening their hateful mouths. Bravo!Haters are always they onse that always loose at the end.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by chidinwachukwu(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
mu2sa2: Odimegwu has dismissed all previous census. The census of 2006 was conducted under Mr sumaila Danko, a highly respected technocrat and christian gentleman. That census was widely acclaimed even by UN. Odimegwu, speaking under the influence of alcohol, condemns everything done in the past and even the one he himself hope to conduct in 2016! Mr Danko conducted the 2006 census with 38 billion naira but this drunkard is asking for 260 billion to conduct 2016 census. Thief, armed robber. Anyway, this is naija anything goes- he is working for his brother drunkard who has put him there.
U that's opening your mouth to spew trash,why don't you sware that those census were rigged in favor of the North and see what will happen to you
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by DerideGull(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Odimegwu should know that there are some things that are better left unsaid especially if you don't have evidence to prove them. He should talk less and work more. I'm not in doubt of his abilities. I'm only concerned about his utterances.

What arrant nonsense. What does transparency denote in democracy? The chairman of NPC has said, “No census has been credible in Nigeria since 1816. Even the one conducted in 2006 is not credible. I have the records and evidence produced by scholars and professors of repute. This is not my report. If the current laws are not amended, the planned 2016 census will not succeed.” Yet a person has the audacity to insinuate the commission’s chair does not have evidence to support what he said in an interview.

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by ckkris: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
I no know book:

Take a case of Kano/Jigawa States vs Lagos State, in 1991 census the population figures of of both states were put at 4.4m and 4.2 respectively, the difference which they maintained till date. Then fastforword to 1997, Jigawa was carved out of Kano state thereby leaving kano depleted both in land mass and population. But in 2006 fraud called Census, Kano state was credited with a population figure of about 9.8M, Jigawa 5.6m while Lagos was allocated 9.6m. Then combine the figures of kano and Jigawa states, you have 15.5m. According to them the population of Old Kano States doubled to cater for Jigawa State while that of Lagos state remains stagnant because no state was carved out it.

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by ABAKA72(m): 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
Clerverly: Where are those who were running their mouth in other thread concerning the suspension? No surprise they would be here soon to applaud the latest development! The problem on this forum is that, some characters are consistently inconsistent. Insincere9igerian who leads the pack, could not even wait for confirmation before rushing to defend his paymaster, shameless bigot. Pure case of a crass sycophant!

On the subject matter, Odumegwu , I support you in totality, drum it to their ears, this fraud must not be allowed to continue. Take a case of Kano/Jigawa States vs Lagos State, in 1991 census the population figures of of both states were put at 4.4m and 4.2 respectively, the difference which they maintained till date. Then fastforword to 1997, Jigawa was carved out of Kano state thereby leaving kano depleted both in land mass and population. But in 2006 fraud called Census, Kano state was credited with a population figure of about 9.8M, Jigawa 5.6m while Lagos was allocated 9.6m. Then combine the figures of kano and Jigawa states, you have 15.5m. According to them the population of Old Kano States doubled to cater for Jigawa State while that of Lagos state remains stagnant because no state was carved out it. Nigerian Logic, you may say!

Last Line: Nigerian Census figures distribution has defied all known demographic logic. Sovereign National Conference to the rescue!
my brother the thing tire me, Nigeria remains the only country in the world with reverse demographic distribution. (naturaly the coastal regions are more populous than the hinterland). Geography students over to you.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by ABAKA72(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
AnanseK:

Lol! make una see another ode, Nigeria will never be short of embec1ls. How can Kano state have more population than Lagos. An Average Hausa/Fulani elite has injustice deeply embeded in his genes.

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Spray(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
solomon111: Where are those people insinuating that GEJ sacrificed him on the altar of political relevance?.
we re the one sir! Pls dont crucify us

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by kettykin: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kwankwaso is jittery
But the Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankanso, at a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan faulted the appointment of the NPC boss.

In an interview with State House correspondents, Kwankanso “I also raised the issue of the Chairman of the National Population Commission headed by one Festus Odimegwu.

“We are not happy about that appointment, and think that it was a mistake. Odimegwu shouldn’t be there in the first place, why because, you see unfortunately we were together, somebody read his curriculum vitae

who are the we he is referring to and which CV did they read , Festus Odimegwu's CV/Resume is below Please compare with the CV of Kwankwaso

A brief about Nigerian breweries that Festus Odimegwu has been the C.E.O

first quarter 2013
Nigerian Breweries’ Stock Price Rises on N29.6bn Profit
Nigerian Breweries Profit rises by 37%

For the business year of 2012
Nigerian Breweries declares N55.6bn profit for 2012
Nigerian Breweries declares N55.6bn profit for 2012 - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/nigerian-breweries-declares-n55-6bn-profit-for-2012/#sthash.kvBmWeng.dpuf

Can a Man who rose through the ranks to become the C.E.O of a multinational like NBL be described as a drunkard

Odimewgu's Resume
Current
Chairman & CEO at National Population Commission of NIGERIA
Past
Non-executive Chairman at Royal Lifestyle Services Group of Companies Ltd.
Non executive Chairman at Quintessentially Nigeria Ltd
Chairman & CEO at FS Group of Companies Ltd.
see all
Education
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
Wharton Business School
Unilever Four Acres Training Centre

see all
work Experience
Currently Leading the execution of the Strategic Architecture and Operating Plans of NpopC covering Cartographic, Demographic, Vital Registration including Migration, ICT, Specialized Surveys and Census , Demographic and Biometric Population Register Experts and Population Quality Improvement based Population Policy Advocacy Teams within an extended 14 Standing Committees of 5 Strategic Managements Teams( Technical Management Team, PQI management Team, Evidence based Management Team, funding Management Team and Institutional Capacity building Management Team) of the National Population Commission for the development of the Centralised Demographic Database and Population Register NpopC Enterprise Architecture for plug and play by all data users for evidence based planning for our population quality improvement, enhanced security, accelerated national development and global competitiveness.

Experienced Multinational Executive to CEO level.
A Command Performer that left a lasting legacy at Nigerian Breweries Plc
Performance Improvement & Turnaround Consultant
In-demand Inspirational leadership Speaker

Specialties: Visionary Leadership
Corporate Turnaround Expert
Imagining Futures & Formulating Paradigm Principles
Master Strategist
Organizational Architecture Designer

Eze Festus Odimegwu, con, oon, fnim, fnimark, okaa's Experience

Chairman & CEO
National Population Commission of NIGERIA
June 2012 – Present (1 year 3 months) Nigeria

. Inspiring & Ennobling Leadership for Justice, Faith, Unity & Progress
. Scenarios & Sustainable Governance Principles & Framework Dev.
. Keeping the Long Term View focused on Global best Practices
. Strategic Architecture Design, Policies, Operating Plans, and Budgets
. Realizing constitutional mandate and legal empowerment for population sector articulation and focusing for accelerated national Dev
. Effective Coordinations for enhanced productivities and collaborations.
. Professionally Contexted Harmonisations for Data Quality, Accuracy, Sustainability and authenticity derived from irreplaceable and historic 200,000 Localities digital Imagery National Frame, National Building Numbering Zip Codes, HouseHold Listing and
. Effective Execution for Efficient KPIs Data Services Delivery.
. Uncommon Synergies by Data Centralization for Plug and Play by all
Non-executive Chairman
Royal Lifestyle Services Group of Companies Ltd.
May 2012 – June 2012 (2 months) Nigeria

1. Quintessentially Nig Ltd
2. Royal lifestyle Living,Media & TV Series Production Ltd
3. Palatially Exclusive Premium Lifestyle Wines Ltd
4. Roberta Cavalli Club Royal
5. Recherché gettacp :
Gifts, Events, Travel & Tours, Art & Culture, Protocols.
Non executive Chairman
Quintessentially Nigeria Ltd
January 2009 – June 2012 (3 years 6 months) Nigeria

Non Executive Chairman,Founder & Owner of Franchise in Ecowas Region.
Lifestyle & Concierge Services Company
Pan Nigeria
Concierge,Lifestyle Services,Lounge &Guesthouse,Travel& Tours,Events-Wine & Gifts etc
Chairman & CEO
FS Group of Companies Ltd.
January 2007 – May 2012 (5 years 5 months) Nigeria

Scenarios and Long term Thinking
Visioning
Mission Definition for the Group and Companies
Strategy Formulation and Regeneration
Structural Imperatives and Horizontal Thrusts
Systems, Deepened Culture and Processes
People Management Excellence Templating
Non executive Director
Dangote Cement Plc
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Consumer Goods industry
June 2009 – April 2012 (2 years 11 months) Nigeria

Non executive Director
Union bank Nigeria Plc
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; Banking industry
2004 – 2011 (7 years)

Non Executive Director
Non executive Chairman
Tinapa Business & Liesure Resort
October 2003 – December 2006 (3 years 3 months)

To guide the Tinapa Board in Cross Rivers State during Gov Donald Dukes Tenure
MD/CEO
Nigerian Breweries Plc
July 1997 – December 2006 (9 years 6 months) Nigeria

1. Corporate-wide Performance Responsibility
2. Scenario Thinking & Futures Conceptualisation
3. Corporate Governance Framework
4. Business Principles Formulation & Implanting with Balanced Stakeholder Matrix for Sustainability
5. Leading the Formulation,Ownership,Articulation and Operationalisation of a Winning Strategic Architecture
6. People Management Excellence Core Competence and overall Leveraging of Corporate and all Required Strategic Assets.
7. Reinventing the Corporation,it's Markets and PSTs !
Note; Winning with Nigeria and all Nigerians as a Living Mastermind.
CAREER POSITIONS
Nigerian Breweries Plc
August 1980 – December 2006 (26 years 5 months) Nigeria

1. MD/CEO 1997-2006
2. Marketing Director Lever Brothers Ghana 1995-1997
3. Food Coordination AMEG Unilever London 1993-1995
4. Sales Director 1992-1993
5. Brewery/Senior Technical Manager 1989-1992
6. MSc Heriot Watt University Edinburgh 1988-1989
7. Production Manager 1987-1988
8. Technological Controller 1985-1987
9. Brewer I/c Brewing 1984-1985
10. Shift Brewer I/c Bottling 1982-1984
11. Shift Assistant Brewer in Training April-July 1982
12. Trainee Brewer 1980-1982

Kwankwaso Resume
Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso, fnse was born in Madobi Local Government on the 21st October, 1956.
He started Islamic school at the tender age of four and later enrolled for western education in 1962. He obtained both his National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering from Kaduna Polytechnic. After a stint with the Kano State Government as am artisan craftsman, he went to the United Kingdom for further education in Middlesex Polytechnic from 1982 - 1983, Loughborough University of Technology 1983 - 1985 and Nottingham University 1987 - 1991[/b]Intermittently, he attended some certificate courses at Derby National Water Council in 1982, Derby Water Industrial Training in 1985 and London Industrial Water Training in 1985. He bags a Doctor of Science (Hons) from University of Maiduguri and awarded a Doctor of Science and International Relations (Honoris Causa) for his immense contribution to public service by the Crescent University (University of Islamic Mission for Africa) Abeokuta, Nigeria in September, 2012.
[b]work Experience
Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso worked with Kano State Government for 17 years and rose through the cadre of the civil service to the rank of Principal Engineer. In 1992, he left the state civil service and vied for election into the Federal House of Representatives and was elected as the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives. In 1994, he was elected as a Delegate to the Constitutional Conference.
In 1999, he was elected as the Executive Governor of Kano state under the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and served a four-year term from 1999 - 2003.. He seeks for re-election and lost to the All Nigerian People's Party Candidate (ANPP).
Kwankwaso was appointed Minister of Defence, Federal Republic of Nigeria from 2003 - 2006 and was appointed as Special Adviser to the President on Dafur and Somalia in 2006 - 2007. He was later appointed as the Representative of the North-West geo-political zone in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NNDC) from 2009 - 2010.
Gov. Kwankwaso made a historic come-back eight years after vacating the Government House, with a political ideology known as the "KWANKWASIYYA MOVEMENT" which is symbolized by the Red Cap and White brocade.
Gov. Kwankwaso's mission as the architect of the Kwankwasiyya Movement is to transform the state back to its leading role amongst states of the federation in most spheres of human endeavors.
Indeed, within a spate of just barely a year and a half, the state has witnessed an unprecedented socio-economic and infrastructural transformation as promised. His Excellency, Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso, fnse is the elected Governor of Kano State under the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in 2011

[size=20pt]Nigerians should Judge and see who is the real drunkard[/size]
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by millionaireman: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
DerideGull:

What arrant nonsense. What does transparency denote in democracy? The chairman of NPC has said, “No census has been credible in Nigeria since 1816. Even the one conducted in 2006 is not credible. I have the records and evidence produced by scholars and professors of repute. This is not my report. If the current laws are not amended, the planned 2016 census will not succeed.” Yet a person has the audacity to insinuate the commission’s chair does not have evidence to support what he said in an interview.
Afam4eva may be left to live in the kind of world where public offficers would not want to say the truth in public, because of fears that their fellow officers may be offended by the truth.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
ka m sikwa! undecided
total nansense and ingredos
Re: Festus Odimegwu Denies Suspension Rumors by naijaking1: 3:08am On Aug 29, 2013
If Odimegwu has been drinking too much of his product, why is Kano and other sharia states that forbide alcohol still bend over backwards to collect taxes and revenues from the sale of liquor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Foil Plan To Attack NLNG Pipeline In Rivers / We Now Know Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Ghana / National School Feeding Programme To Become Africa's Largest By End Of 2018 - VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.