Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. (34408 Views)

The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 28, 2013
*I didn't know where to post this at first, whether in the jokes section or in here.

I can't stop laughing, please laugh with me o abeg!...
This is the awkward Truth About Naija husbands..

There was a group of men gathered at a church conference on how to live in a loving relationship with your wife. The men were asked, "How many of you love your wife ?" All the men raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your wife you loved her ?" Some men answered today, some yesterday, majority didn’t remember. The men were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text to their respective wife: I love you, sweetheart...

Then the men were told to exchange phones so one can read the other wife's reply to the love message..

Here are some of the replies:

1. Have you impregnated someone again
2. That was then,not now:
3. You wan borrow money abi??
4. What did you do again, I won’t forgive you this time !!!
5. Meaning??
6. Is that a new song??
7. Am I dreaming?
8. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today!!!
9. U dis man!! I asked you to stop drinking!!!
10. Abeg na who be this? shocked

143 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Leopantro: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2013
You people will not kill somebody with laugh.

6 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by EzePromoe: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

11. The Konji don start?

25 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by mcfynest(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2013
it happens....and most of this is caused because of the lack of ROMANCE in the african culture.....i may not tell her how much i love her,but she feels the love. we also see it as weird to tell a wife you love her. i think it is because of the bossy nature of men in africa

17 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2013
@op, do you want me to laugh?

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Enegod(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2013
acidosis™:
Oga at the top, oya laugh na grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by EveryLadY(f): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2013
lolz! tis typical of naija men. I once had a friend that wants u to feel the romance in his voice.He never says I love u but once or twice in a year. wat a funnie dude.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hahahaha.....*falls frm gej's cap*

in wizkid's tweet*those women are perfoming with 'an hangover' as husbands*
Honestly i find it extensively hard to say 'i love u' to any lady i'v spent time with or dated for 2 months...u'd see this('i love u') springing out of my mouth in d first 2 weeks of the r/ship,after this time, na to de tell her 'how far?' on phone .This is emblematic of nigerian men
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
koastar:

hahahaha...na 2face wife,annie macaulay b dis woman.
koastar: . That was then,not now:
no hope here, but she is patient and obedient.
koastar: You wan borrow money abi??
ibo woman..hahaha...u cant beat them on this. She must have suffered domestic violence/abuse overtime.
koastar: What did you do again, I won’t forgive you this time !!!
she don taya for her husband's adiction to dem hookers. And she's a nairalander, going by d reaction frm some of our ladies here(on nairaland); u'd be forced 2 believe this is what they go thru in their respective marriage(s). See gbege!
koastar: Meaning??
love doesnt have meaning anymore in her marriage cos her husband is a player. 190 comes to mind here.
koastar: Is that a new song??
this one don listen 2 too much naija love songs. It is only in naija u will see a 'love song' carrying title like a short love letter..'i love u sweetheart'. Lol-menting...
koastar: Am I dreaming?
after 30yrs of marriage, and 13 children, this is da first time she recieved this frm her husband.
koastar: If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today!!!
patience jonathan and turai yaradua comes to mind here. Alpha-women of our time.
koastar: U dis man!! I asked you to stop drinking!!!
xynerise's wife know her husband too wel. Always high on gas and alomo.
koastar: Abeg na who be this?
typical of nigerian market woman. She and her husband no get time for each other. Cud this be eze-promoe's wife?
Nb:my papa never tel my mama 'i love u swtheart' b4, i trust naija man...hahaha.
In pope's voice*who am i to judge?*

91 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
O my God..i like this... laugh wan kill me.
lol particularly at 'you wan borrow money abi'. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Stegomiah: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
So hillarious. Lwkmd! It should be in d jokes section i guess, anyway †нªηкs! 4 making me laff grin

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
holamiday: O my God..i like this... laugh wan kill me.
lol particularly at 'you wan borrow money abi'. grin grin cheesy
i nor fit tell u how dis one crack my head*falls from gej's cap*

na only God know how e take create this country and d pple wey dey inside. naija is too fawkin unique.

5 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
acidosis™:
faint pls

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by dont8(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
I tell ya, I blame ASUU cheesy
caseless: i nor fit tell u how dis one crack my head*falls from gej's cap*

na only God know how e take create this country and d pple wey dey inside. naija is too fawkin unique.

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
Stegomiah: So hillarious. Lwkmd! It should be in d jokes section i guess, anyway †нªηкs! 4 making me laff grin
U'r welcome!
*This is Nairaland...a forum full of fun wink
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
dont8: I tell ya, I blame ASUU cheesy
and i thank ur oga at tha office for keeping off nairaland for some days. u too like to de worry 'single and searching' guys like us. madam de look for u.

hope say nor b u receive that reply of 'ku wan borrow money abi?' grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Enegod(m): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Linoversace: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2013
koastar:
4. What did you do again, I won’t forgive you this time !!!
7. Am I dreaming?
8. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today!!!
10. Abeg na who be this?

grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by dont8(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
Casey you no well cheesy
caseless: and i thank ur oga at tha office for keeping off nairaland for some days. u too like to de worry 'single and searching' guys like us. madam de look for u.

hope say nor b u receive that reply of 'ku wan borrow money abi?' grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by gr8man: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
OMG!!! grin No 8 is the funniest...abeg who be this?
*ROTFLMAO, falls down from a trailer along Benin-Ore road and still laughing hard

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
@OP, Dem don send you to kill person with laugh. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by major466(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
I don't know whether to say the lack of Romance in typical African marriage has done good or bad to typical Nigerian marriages. Still very funny though.

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
gr8man: OMG!!! grin No 8 is the funniest...abeg who be this?
*ROTFLMAO, falls down from a trailer along Benin-Ore road and still laughing hard
I teyu. grin grin Caseless, you too cracked me up with your analysis. grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
Vanneni: I teyu. grin grin Caseless, you too cracked me up with your analysis. grin
grin kiss

where have u been? abi u don get job?
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by ARareGem(f): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
No. 10 has it. grin Like seriously??
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
caseless: grin kiss

where have u been? abi u don get job?
Yes o, as the minister of works and housing.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Caseless: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
Vanneni: Yes o, as the minister of works and housing.
grin grin*falls from gej's hat*
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by dapojaja(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
@OP, bcarefu b4 otherwise u'll get urself sued next time. I gat a broken leg tryin 2 laugh climbin a stair grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by iterator25: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
The third reply..lol
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
caseless: grin grin*falls from gej's hat*
I've secured a place for you already so you can resume whenever you finish schooling. wink grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
grin

Ths cnt b igbo men

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body / Two Pastors Arrested For Adultery In Adamawa State / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.