Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,633 members, 7,861,953 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips (446 Views)

Help: How Do I Become A Good Blogger/web Owner / 5 Tips For Search Engine Optimization / Are You A Good Blogger? I Want To Outsource You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips by vowiski(m): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2013
“Where did I go wrong?” This question torments a lot of bloggers. As hard as you try to make blogging work, things never really happens the way you want. Every time you think about your blog, you wonder if you could have been a better blogger.

In contrast, there is another blogger next door who is putting in lesser effort than you do and he seems to have succeeded. Admittedly, it is not easy to sleep at night with this kind of thoughts, but there are basic principles that can help.

I know you where probably wanting to read the usual articles about the need to “find a niche, start with Blogger platform, do not copy and paste”. But that’s not the point, too much attention has been given to issues like that and a lot of bloggers have used that to create countless articles. I know I have written articles too in this regard but I want to redirect your mind to what should drive your blog to previously unseen heights.

Let us consider some of principles that have turned terrible bloggers to outstanding bloggers.
female-blogger

Credit: Websitespot
1. Make Time For Your Blog

As a blogger, how do you show your blog that it is important to you? Surely, there are many things you can do including the sacrifices you make to ensure your blog is in perfect shape. You wouldn’t do such things if your blog was not important to you. Yet if you do not spend much time with your blog, it might conclude that you spend your time in other things and you start to see decline in traffic or get totally annoyed altogether.

To whom much is given, much is expected. You can’t expect to spend 20-minutes on your blog and expect automatic success. The point is this; as a blogger aspiring for success, you must spend QUALITY time with your blog, fixing bugs, increasing load speed, checking for little detail that require improvement.

I will tell you the truth, there is no week something isn’t done on my blog, although you don’t get to see it in the front-end, I am constantly trying new things to make both humans and bot happy. This consumes a large chunk of my time but it’s a sacrifice that has to be paid if one ever wishes to be a good blogger. The bottom line is to constantly research your niche and follow the trend.

Tip: Blogger Vs WordPress – The Final Showdown!
2. Good Bloggers Are Good Communicators

In order to communicate effectively with your readers, you must be a careful writer. You need to cultivate the ability to write without unnecessary whining. A lot of bloggers have set their standards to 500-1000 words per article. This can really be annoying especially when you have nothing more to write. And then, you begin to add extra load of junk that don’t matter to your readers.

You know what? Readers are smart and can tell if you are feeding them with low-quality articles. Once they realize, you would be amazed how love can be transferred to someone else with ease. If you lose one reader, you lose 10 readers sir. That’s how it works. The point this; treat blogging as an extension of your voice. Write like you talking to humans; add a little bit of emotions. Smiley’s works like a charm and gives your readers a reason to appreciate you more.

Treat your commenter’s like kings, read their comments carefully. Your reply should show that you are genuinely interested in them. They will in turn be far more likely to share their precious thoughts and feelings on your blog.
3. Learn Search Engine Optimization
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/08/blogging-to-the-bank.html
Re: How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips by RedCard1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please I want to start blogging next year. How much can be used in building up a blog in Nigeria? What phone model can I blog with? Is it necessary I take some blogging lessons? Please I need a reply. I'm in Port Harcourt.
Re: How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips by vowiski(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
Red_Card: Please I want to start blogging next year. How much can be used in building up a blog in Nigeria? What phone model can I blog with? Is it necessary I take some blogging lessons? Please I need a reply. I'm in Port Harcourt.

Send me a mail or drop a comment on my blog for professional advice. cheesy
Re: How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips by RedCard1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
vowiski:

I will surely visit your blog. I will love to send you an email though.
Re: How To Be A Good Blogger: 5 Tips by RedCard1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
vowiski:

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know / Browse And Upgrade Your Vpn Account Unlimited (mtn) / Checkout This Unfinished Fileuploading Script ---

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.