Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed (1241 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi Others To Earn N485m Yearly / I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. / El-Rufai To GEJ - Quit If You Cant Solve Nigeria's Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by pawa4ul: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Really don't know what the Nigerian Constitution says nor what the different constitution of the various political parties say concerning governors who will defect to other political party when still serving in their capacity as governors under a different party.
Example is Gov. Okorocha of Imo state who occupied the seat under APGA and now has defected to the APC. If Okorocha is no longer in APGA, then he should step aside as governor since the seat was won by APGA. Same thing should apply to Gov. Amaechi of Rivers state who we hear is forming a new party the 'VOP'. Rivers state govt seat was won by PDP and if he (Amaechi) should leave the party, then he should also vacate the seat as governor. This should also apply to other governors who have defected to other parties while still serving or will want to do so in the future.

Just my thinking
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by DesChyko1(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
You have a point there. But then it gives me cause to wonder. Did we vote in the quality of the governor or the party? If we voted in the party, are we accepting that the governor then must be influenced by some powers within? If we do, then we should know where the Governor's loyalty would lie..to his Godfather..and we've accepted it with our acknowledgement. I think it's best we stick with and mete out justice to the man(governor). Party or no Party.
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by Evyuc(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2013
pawa4ul: Really don't know what the Nigerian Constitution says nor what the different constitution of the various political parties say concerning governors who will defect to other political party when still serving in their capacity as governors under a different party.
Example is Gov. Okorocha of Imo state who occupied the seat under APGA and now has defected to the APC. If Okorocha is no longer in APGA, then he should step aside as governor since the seat was won by APGA. Same thing should apply to Gov. Amaechi of Rivers state who we hear is forming a new party the 'VOP'. Rivers state govt seat was won by PDP and if he (Amaechi) should leave the party, then he should also vacate the seat as governor. This should also apply to other governors who have defected to other parties while still serving or will want to do so in the future.

Just my thinking
my broda no be 2day d thing start, atiku doam ad supreme court say he can do so, ohakim of imo SkATE doam, nobody talk only thing be sey orjiuzo kalu put one finger for mouthcry say OBJ DON PLAYAM. Him governor theodor orji do d same. Dat kind crosscarptin defeactin ad decampin naim kil PPA.
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by pawa4ul: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
You have a point there. But then it gives me cause to wonder. Did we vote in the quality of the governor or the party? If we voted in the party, are we accepting that the governor then must be influenced by some powers within? If we do, then we should know where the Governor's loyalty would lie..to his Godfather..and we've accepted it with our acknowledgement. I think it's best we stick with and mete out justice to the man(governor). Party or no Party.

I earnestly think this should be addressed in the National Assy and be well defined.
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by simpleseyi: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
pawa4ul: Really don't know what the Nigerian Constitution says nor what the different constitution of the various political parties say concerning governors who will defect to other political party when still serving in their capacity as governors under a different party.

Just my thinking

Pls change what you are drinking. If you want to drink alomo bitters, take it alone, dont mix with oginigba or chelsea dry gin. Isa Yugudu is the governor of Bauchi state, he was elected under ANPP before he ran to PDP and married Yar-Adua's daughter as fourth wife. Pls tell him to vacate his seat first, and also leave Yar-Adua's daughter for Pastor Chris Okotie (he has no wife presently), then we shall know how to push other cross-carpeting governors out.
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by pawa4ul: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2013
simpleseyi:

Pls change what you are drinking. If you want to drink alomo bitters, take it alone, dont mix with oginigba or chelsea dry gin. Isa Yugudu is the governor of Bauchi state, he was elected under ANPP before he ran to PDP and married Yar-Adua's daughter as fourth wife. Pls tell him to vacate his seat first, and also leave Yar-Adua's daughter for Pastor Chris Okotie (he has no wife presently), then we shall know how to push other cross-carpeting governors out.

Why can't we show some sense of maturity when we write on NL. Did you read to the end of the post before trying to mete out insults? You guys just think it's honourable to come and rain insults in this forum. Pls grow up!
I categorically stated that this should apply to other governors... The post also says "I do not know what the constitution says about this... because I know that people like you would also read.
Re: Okorocha, Amaechi, Others Should Quit If Party Is Changed by niceG: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
“We are going to file an action against the governor of Imo State. He cannot take the APGA mandate and go to APC. The law is clear about this. The Supreme Court had in a judgment between Rivers State, Governor Rotimi Amaechi and Celetine Omehia, ruled that it is the party and not the individual that presents candidates for election. We are going to pursue the case to a logical conclusion to serve as a deterrent against any such sell out by elected officials,” he said.

Culled from APGA's national cahairman's statement towards filing a suit for the move to dethrone Okorocha.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? / Aviation Minister S. Oduah Accused Of Involvement In Multi-billion Contract Scam / Wike, Others Threaten To Physically Destroy Rivers State Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.