Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,707 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

When To Call A Man A Great Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When To Call A Man A Great Man (811 Views)

Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls / "ojukwu Is A Great Man,he Died But His Manhood Lives On" ~dame Patience. / Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Call A Man A Great Man by aleepac(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2008
When dose a man deserve to be MAN? And when do we give him the title A GREAT MAN? These names have two different meaning depending on how you look at them. A man is when you get to a certain point in age and you are able to do things accordingly because even if you get to the point in age without being able to do some certain things you are still not a man. A MAN will stand up and fight for the truth not always physically, I have seen so many men boosting of what they can do and what they have done. History has it that ‘only men have the physical power to fight a man’ but things have changed, today women, boys and girls stand and defeat men even in their stand. Some men even run when they get the chance to. A GREAT MAN has nothing to do with your age or gender as time has proven history wrong. But then who do we refer to as GREAT MAN? A MAN will give you when he is able to, but a GREAT MAN will give you so much and try to satisfy you even when he is almost unable to. A GREAT MAN will drop tears just to see others smile, a GREAT MAN will stand up to protect others even if he must fall doing it, a GREAT MAN will give and expect nothing in return because he gives when he knows you need, but a MAN gives when he wants to be known as a man. A MAN’s name dies with him but a GREAT MAN’s name live long after him.

One just don’t wake up one morning and decide to be a GREAT MAN, yes it is so simple to be a GREAT MAN because it has nothing to do with your age but your deeds but yet it is difficult because a GREAT MAN walks and men follows his foot steps even if they pretended not to they still find themselves there. Ten years ago we lost a MAN, yes we gave him the title MAN because then we were blind, the saying that goes ‘You don’t know what have, until you don’t have what you had.’ This was a man that gave us so much yet we needed too much, we are humans especially Nigerians so much is never enough, ten year ago in Nigeria we had free Education, free Medication, Affordable shelter and above all beautiful roofs, all these provided to us by one man, one man taken away from us by death thou we are not angry with death and definitely not with his Master because He said “from him we came and to him we shall return”.

So many unfortunate efforts have being made to kill the name of this GREAT MAN but ten years after his death they are still unable to clean his name from the walls of this country. Late Gen. Sani Abacha today is a name in Nigerian encyclopedia, I have not read that much about him but I know too much about him, he died June 8th 1998 on a peaceful Monday morning then I was 14 years old. Today look for a 6 years old Nigerian that has not benefited from his good Governance, ask a 4 years old Nigerian he would point out the great man for you, because if his or her birth was not on Late Gen. Sani Abacha’s PTF hospital bed then the school bus must have a PTF tag if not the school books are tagged ‘not for sale PTF’ so much he gave us but too less we return to him. Why?

Don’t you see that today the price of a liter of petrol is 10 times higher than Abacha’s PTF and we are still looking for shelter, those roads that leads to our villages and homes with tags PTF are now turning into monsters killing our love ones, those green PTF blankets in our hospitals still remains now opening doors for Mosquitoes to take on our sick friends, today Nigeria contribute highly to global warming because every home and office in Nigeria uses generator as source of electricity.

Some will say I am only able to point out PTF, yes I agree and that is because PTF gave everything and like I said “a GREAT MAN will give and expect nothing in return because he gives when he knows you need” and that was exactly what Late Gen. Sani Abacha did with PTF so I ask when does a MAN deserve the title a GREAT MAN? Late Gen. Sani Abacha is not just a GREAT MAN but a LEGEND and today I beg of you all lets join hands tell your family members, tell your neighbors and tell your friends please pray for his peaceful soul and may The Almighty bless you as you do Amin

Read more on my Blog Page http://aleepac..com
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by landis(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2008
When he gives more than he takes.

grin cheesy grin
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by 4Him1(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
when he's been dead for a few yrs and collective amnesia has set in.
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2008
All these saintly essay for Abacha's bloody soul? I bet that soon some Nigerians will begin buying this story or have they began already?

I could not really connect the great man stuff with Abacha's life as a president. If projects like the PDF is the only thing you could use to qualify a great man, then the two words "great man" needs another definition.

But with your definition of a great man, one can say that everybody is a great man depending on the angle one sees it from.
All the past rulers we have had in Nigeria has done something similar to that of PDF in their own way.
The latest OBJ, could be termed a great man for his efforts of getting rid of our heavy debts and the GSM thing. The list is endless.
Buhari could be seen as a greater man for his war on indiscipline while in office.
Adedibu could also be seen as a great man for feeding hundreds of Oyo people everyday in his house.

It might also interest you to know that it wasn't everybody and all regions that benefited from PDF.

From my own view, a great man is somebody who is always willing to say the truth even in the face of death. An example is Gani Fanwenmi, then Ribadu up to an extent. undecided

As for Abacha being a great man and a saint; just leave his story for Osodi market women. tongue
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by HRhotness(f): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2008
4 Him:

when he's been dead for a few years and collective amnesia has set in.

LOL grin
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 13, 2008
When you drink small stout regularly like "Udeme".
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2008
nuzo:

When you drink small stout regularly like "Udeme".

most of us have long pissed our 'drops of greatness' away - but as a regular ingester udeme has more where that came from - since he ingests a crate of greatness a day grin

our politicains probably do the same, come to think of it
Re: When To Call A Man A Great Man by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2008
lol

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Oil ! Where Do We Go From Here / Yar’adua Should Declare Emergency On Corruption, Not Power’ / Ap Share Scam: What Next For Investors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.