Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag (7783 Views)

Photo: Amaechi Arriving Ngige's Home With Swag / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2011
. . .For putting himself in harms way to visit the family of the slain boko haram leader. He actually asked his security detail to excuse him, putting himself in harms way while he had heart to heart talks with the family; you've got to give it to him for that, he's got balls of steel.
His effort has opened up a direct communication route to the sect, instead of the faceless "Ustaz" and other unknowns that have claimed to represent them. What this means, is that we can now answer the salient questions about boko haram; especially if it is a singular entity, and if not, what exactly they represent.

Also noteworthy about Obj's visit is the fact that he is not a Northerner, neither is he a Muslim; I am not even certain he can speak Hausa. Of our past leaders, he is the only one with any redeeming qualities. He did what the son's of the soil and so-called Northern leaders from Buhari to IBB could not do.
I used to be staunchly anti-Obj, but that has now ceased forever.

You've got swag, sir.

Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by linkin8k(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
We should allowed obj go for third term. But him thief thief too much
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
I used to be staunchly anti-Obj, but that has now ceased forever.

please stop lying

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-501536.0.html

we all remeber how you were screaming operation totality and endorsing obj's do or die methods

plus, whatever happened to your bizarre lies that obj was on a mssion for gej with fbi clearance?

gone the way of the kgb?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
^
Move over for sensible people. All you do is rant with extreme bitterness as if you can change the facts on the ground. When you wake up tomorrow, the facts will still be the facts.
Bitterness cannot change a single thing. cool
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by rocean: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obasanjo is a peace keeper and has represented UN in different peace keeping missions all over Africa, so he is doing his job, USA did not negotiate with terrorist and after 10yrs they are still fighting it,have they won?,No they have only created more, if we dont keep peace with them, i am so sorry for you guys, the USA n CIA will help them to make more bombings so they can bring their Drones here and have a Military base like in Yemen,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Iraq- Think my people, let more ex-president go beg them , so let the ex-president try this n it will surely work
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by strangest(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obasanjo a great man ke?? Ok, same with Tafa balaogun
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by medocity(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
He is true an Icon to be respected cos He has done what no one who is former head of State can't do. I give him a Hand For That. You Too Gasky
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by jojo2011: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obj speaks Hausa fluently in answer to Beaf. I really think Obasanjo today is supposed to be the most influential African after Mandella but messed it up(too much) along the line.Who on Earth will have the opportunity to rule this Nation 3 Good times again?This are the things that REAL elder statesmen are supposed to be doing,unfortunately we do not have them in Nigeria.Anyway,Obj has done something remarkable and for once we should hail the old SOJA abi.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
this is what the likes of atiku, buhari, IBB , sultan of sokoto and those northern Emirs be doing.

my theory is that these people either support or sponsor  in boko haram. or they are sympathetic to their course
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by olawalebabs(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obj is a chameleon, he never fail to amaze me. Enigma
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Beaf
. . .For putting himself in harms way to visit the family of the slain boko haram leader.

Spare us the conjecture, abeg.
Obasanjo has vested economic interests in virtually every nook and cranny including Northern Nigeria (I am talking about sizeable farms and more), so your proclamation of altruism here is pure balderdash angry
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by peruso: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
The one thing I've observed about us Nigerians is that we tend to take life TOO seriously, plssssssssssssss my pple make una ease up small grin
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by olawalebabs(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
But others too have economic interest in all part of the country, but did not deem it fit to do what he did. let's give him this
eGuerrilla:

@Beaf
Obasanjo has vested economic interests in virtually every nook and cranny in Nigeria (I am talking about sizeable farms and more), so your proclamation of altruism here is pure balderdash angry
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Odunnu: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2011
Abi?
Anyhoo sha, i'm waiting for Dayokanu's comment
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
olawalebab:

But others too have economic interest in all part of the country, but did not deem it fit to do what he did. let's give him this

Ha, but some have more to lose, nes pa?
You think BH is going after the interest of Born-to-rule merchants anytime soon?
Please do not tell me about property or cars lost by out-of-favour politicians to the mob who ran amok right after the elections in April, abeg.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by juman(m): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
Great man ko, little man ni.

OBJ is wisher than the Abokis. He know when and how to get cheap points.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ remains my hero, anyday, anytime. He is a true soldier, a patriot. He sees the future. He planned GEJ enthronement by planting a Yaradua there to give way to SS to rule. Without OBJ the North could rule forever. He became PDP BOT Chair cos he needed to checkmate IBB, ATK the Buhari.  He has done it again, sing with me.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by TippyTop(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2011
Love him or loathe him, he remains a formidable politician.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by katesegun(f): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obj should lecture jonathan on how τ̅☺ run things
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by isaaccool: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
my strong man, go ahead and solve the problem of boko haram for us innocent. let them name their price of compesation we are ready to pay. all we need is PEACE in Nigeria. dont mind goodluck he promise what he can not do for nigerians. my papa go ahead i am in support of your peace keeping
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
eGuerrilla:

@Beaf
Obasanjo has vested economic interests in virtually every nook and cranny including Northern Nigeria (I am talking about sizeable farms and more), so your proclamation of altruism here is pure balderdash angry

eGuerrilla:

Ha, but some have more to lose, nes pa?
You think BH is going after the interest of Born-to-rule merchants anytime soon?
Please do not tell me about property or cars lost by out-of-favour politicians to the mob who ran amok right after the elections in April, abeg.

Lol!

Guy, when we argue from preconceived positions, we are bound to contradict ourselves seriously as you have done above. In one post, you are saying that Ogj has too much to lose from business interests in the far North; in your very next post, you contradict the first by saying that boko haram is not going after top shots. You then drive the contradiction for by going on to state that the property and cars lost by the Northern elite during the riots were somehow inconsequential, implying that such does not count as business or financial loss.

In the end, it looks like grappling for straws and moving of goalposts to trash Obj's very worthy achievement.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by dayokanu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
Odunnu:

Abi?
Anyhoo sha, i'm waiting for Dayokanu's comment

Did we vote for OBJ OR FOR ODECHUKWU RETARDEEN

When obj is the one going on peace mission and retardeen is still looking for his shoes

If a mad man is now the one performing odechukwus responsibility then it calls for concern.

Maybe Obj can assist in phocking Patience too. What a useless leader. Obj is southern xtian just like Jonathan so whats his excuse

What a waste of vote
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by horlafact(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obj has the peace keeping mentality, But when it comes to Politics and politicking, Baba na Crook.
Na do or Die affair
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

Lol!

Guy, when we argue from preconceived positions, we are bound to contradict ourselves seriously as you have done above. In one post, you are saying that Ogj has too much to lose from business interests in the far North; in your very next post, you contradict the first by saying that boko haram is not going after top shots. You then drive the contradiction for by going on to state that the property and cars lost by the Northern elite during the riots were somehow inconsequential, implying that such does not count as business or financial loss.

In the end, it looks like grappling for straws and moving of goalposts to trash Obj's very worthy achievement.

It ain't my fault if you decide to turn logic on its head Sir.

"Born-to-rule merchants who have fallen out of favour" are but a small subset of the Northern elite, need I spell it out?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2011
^
How? I only quoted and analysed two directly contradictory statements you made.
Obj has done very well indeed.

dayokanu:

Did we vote for OBJ OR FOR ODECHUKWU RETARDEEN

When obj is the one going on peace mission and retardeen is still looking for his shoes

If a mad man is now the one performing odechukwus responsibility then it calls for concern.

Maybe Obj can assist in phocking Patience too. What a useless leader. Obj is southern xtian just like Jonathan so whats his excuse

What a waste of vote

You can call the President daft, yet you are suggesting that he should have gone personally to see boko haram? When Tony Blair negotiated with the IRA, did he go personally?
Dude, you need medicine, because dis one na very serious fever you get. Take Alagbin. grin
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by sheyguy: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
At least he has done some part of GEJ should ste
juman:

Great man ko, little man ni.

OBJ is wisher than the Abokis. He know when and how to get cheap points.
p up and quickly complement this before it dies down.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nymphnode(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
All Hail The GeneralAll Hail The General
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by sandee575(f): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
I believe peace must be found somehow as long as the method works so i give kudos to OBJ for having such
an initiative, with his visit to the late Boko founder family where he met with his relations. However, i dont think
he was at so much risk to his life because those he met there could not have been the core terrorists otherwise why
had they not been arrested along with necessary evidence since all the bombings and killings associated with the sect.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by hercules07: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
There will no peace without Justice, those whom OBJ went to see do not hold the keys to the BH menace, the politicians and ideologues do, until the government can ensure that there is justice on the two sides (for BH members killed in cold blood and for innocent civilians killed by BH), there will be no peace.
OBJ is just an opportunist, if Buhari had visited the families of former BH leader, Beaf will be the first person on this site screaming for his arrest, I am not too bothered about IBB as he is a pest and the earlier someone takes care of him for good the better.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Webbullion(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ is one of the Man that can lead nigeria to greatness cos of his Audacity and bravery but he lacks the love of the people at heart, thats why he cant lead us again.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by n3rve(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
linkin8k:

We should allowed obj go for third term. But him thief thief too much

LoL, You sound like you have a say in who becomes president.

-[n3rve]
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Greenslim: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
Is a great man in Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos / Notable Ethnic Somali People In The Diaspora / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Completed 1,097 School Projects In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.