Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha (4690 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / See The Photos Of Rochas Okorocha's N1billion Mansion That Got Buhari Talking / Pictures Of Rochas Okorocha's Evil Deceits In Imo State (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2013
I was one of those that supported Rochas when he was about to mount the saddle and rescue Imo state from the doldrums and this was informed by what he was able to achieve outside government through the Rochas foundation. I was mostly impressed by the fact that he built free schools in all the geo-political zones of these country for the poor. So, it was easy for me to go with him when it was time to change the government in Owerri.

This is a little over 3 years of his assumption of office, i want us to appraise his performance in this 3 years. Pls if you're in any part of Imo state, tell us what Rochas has done in your area. You can also support it with pictures. As for my opinion, it's either hasn't done much or he's not just blowing his own trumpet or there's a dearth of information pertaining to what he's doing. The truth is that, i've been only able to see the world-class secondary school that he constructed in Owerri and some work going on in Orlu and Okigwe and i don't want to believe this is only what he has been able to do. I urge those in Imo state to educate us of the noble governance that Rochas has brought to Imo state.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by swtchicgurl: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2013
undecided After appraisal, he gets a 3rd term?

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Garrithe1st: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2013
Contributors should comment on his performance in the following sectors..

1. Education

2. Security

3. Health

4. Infrastructure

5. Human Capacity Development

6. Etc....

Meanwhile we can compare his APC's 3yrs with that of his PDP predecessors.

I hope Afam opens similar threads so that folks can discuss about the likes of;

- Sullivan "Yar Adua" Chime

- Martins Elechi

- Peter Obi

- T.A. Orji

- Emmanuel Uduaghan

- Seriake Dickson

- Adams Oshiomole

- Liyel Imoke

- Rotimi Amaechi

- Godswill Akpabio etc...

cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2013
I would appraise him on morals.He has failed to keep his oath of office to safeguard the lives of every imo citizen by enacting la law that would make it legal to kill unborn babies of imo state.By so doing he betrayed the catholic church and the entire imo cityizenry who brought him to power.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: I would appraise him on morals.He has failed to keep his oath of office to safeguard the lives of every imo citizen by enacting la law that would make it legal to kill unborn babies of imo state.By so doing he betrayed the catholic church and the entire imo cityizenry who brought him to power.
Has the law been passed and if it was passed, was it not the state house of assembly that agrred to pass the law and Rochas accented. It invariably means that the Imo people agreed to this law cos their representatives agreed to it. I think the House of Assembly members should also be blamed.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2013
Afam4eva:

This is a little over 3 years of his assumption of office, i want us to appraise his performance in this 3 years.

You made a mistake in your calculations. 29th May, 2011 to 29th August, 2013 is 2years and 3 months on the dot.

IMHO, he has performed excellently well in tackling basic infrastructures like Roads, Schools and hospitals. Many are completed while others are still under construction but the goal is clear that before May 2015, all must have been completed.

In the area of human development, free education and conflict resolution has been achieved, even though there are still some challenges.

Curbing Godfatherism in Imo State politics is also one of his landmark achievements which epitomized with the sacking of his deputy. Today Imo allocation is no longer shared among the elites but rather used for grass root projects.

Another noticeable concept he introduced is the 4th tier government which allows the villagers direct interaction with Government on areas they want tackled and his heeding to such conclusions. That is why many communities that lacked Road networks are now connected or being connected by a massive rural Roads construction which is achieved at a very affordable rate of 60million Naira per Km and with dual drainage.

Finally he achieved these without borrowing more money.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2013
abagworo did you say dual carraige on rural roads?how true is that?
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2013
asha 80: abagworo did you say dual carraige on rural roads?how true is that?

Dual drainage. The only rural areas with dual carriage done by this Government is probably Nazi near Owerri and Orlu environs.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by DesChyko1(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2013
Abagworo:
IMHO, he has performed excellently well in tackling basic infrastructures like Roads, Schools and hospitals....

I've been in Imo since September 2011 and I second everything he said above. His tenacity in executing grassroot projects is amazing.
However, there is one area which I would not agree with him, and that is in his desire to annihilate the private schools in the state, constantly badgering and perusing the heads of the public schools to employ any means feasible in reducing completely, the attendance of students in these private school. Competition is welcome, but monopoly is dangerous, especially in the hands of previously ineffective individuals. Also, people derive income and livelihood from these private schools. This is a step too far. If we really vale education as a major player in growth and development, we must see the gaping abyss this movement is causing. Another factor is the epileptic execution of awarded contracts. Half-bread is better than none, but the way contracts speed awhile, and halt for some time really gives cause for concern as it screams disorganization.

All in all, whatever is what doing is worth doing well. He is, in fact, doing an excellent job, compared to his predecessors and some governors. There is still room for more improvement. After all, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

I've been in Imo since September 2011 and I second everything he said above. His tenacity in executing grassroot projects is amazing.
However, there is one area which I would not agree with him, and that is in his desire to annihilate the private schools in the state, constantly badgering and perusing the heads of the public schools to employ any means feasible in reducing completely, the attendance of students in these private school. Competition is welcome, but monopoly is dangerous, especially in the hands of previously ineffective individuals. Also, people derive income and livelihood from these private schools. This is a step too far. If we really vale education as a major player in growth and development, we must see the gaping abyss this movement is causing. Another factor is the epileptic execution of awarded contracts. Half-bread is better than none, but the way contracts speed awhile, and halt for some time really gives cause for concern as it screams disorganization.

All in all, whatever is what doing is worth doing well. He is, in fact, doing an excellent job, compared to his predecessors and some governors. There is still room for more improvement. After all, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.
it seems you are private school owner.

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abagworo:

You made a mistake in your calculations. 29th May, 2011 to 29th August, 2013 is 2years and 3 months on the dot.

IMHO, he has performed excellently well in tackling basic infrastructures like Roads, Schools and hospitals. Many are completed while others are still under construction but the goal is clear that before May 2015, all must have been completed.

In the area of human development, free education and conflict resolution has been achieved, even though there are still some challenges.

Curbing Godfatherism in Imo State politics is also one of his landmark achievements which epitomized with the sacking of his deputy. Today Imo allocation is no longer shared among the elites but rather used for grass root projects.

Another noticeable concept he introduced is the 4th tier government which allows the villagers direct interaction with Government on areas they want tackled and his heeding to such conclusions. That is why many communities that lacked Road networks are now connected or being connected by a massive rural Roads construction which is achieved at a very affordable rate of 60million Naira per Km and with dual drainage.

Finally he achieved these without borrowing more money.
You spoke the truth!

Abagworo, the large school located at wetheral road by the right if you're coming from bank road, is that one of the world class schools built by Rochas? I saw the school from a moving car so i couldn't take pictures. Meehn! that school is beautiful! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by collynzo2(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Rochas is working, yes it is true!
The truth is that a lof of positive changes have taken place in Imo, a lot of new roads have been constructed, but I can say which is Federal govt handwork or which was done by Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
collynzo2: Rochas is working, yes it is true!
The truth is that a lof of positive changes have taken place in Imo, a lot of new roads have been constructed, but I can say which is Federal govt handwork or which was done by Rochas.
pls name the roads that are federal?
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by ferdsmart(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Has the law been passed and if it was passed, was it not the state house of assembly that agrred to pass the law and Rochas accented. It invariably means that the Imo people agreed to this law cos their representatives agreed to it. I think the House of Assembly members should also be blamed.
when has the Nigerian Representatives start reprsenting their peoples interests? No! They are representing their own selfish interest;opportunity for them to use Imsu and Futo gals and urge them to commit abortion free frm impunity. Nonsense!! Clowns
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
asha 80: pls name the roads that are federal?

Port Harcourt-Owerri and Owerri-Onitsha are federal roads and were constructed by FG but Orlu Road and Aba Road are federal roads which has some parts being constructed by Imo Government.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
I'll give rochas 90/100 for education

Infrastructure : 40/100

Imo has always been peaceful but it's 70/100 for him because we now have some government approved bullies

I really do think rochas is doing well

but not really as hyped by the media

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: I would appraise him on morals.He has failed to keep his oath of office to safeguard the lives of every imo citizen by enacting la law that would make it legal to kill unborn babies of imo state.By so doing he betrayed the catholic church and the entire imo cityizenry who brought him to power.

people like you just love to make life difficult
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
The youth must work program hasn't yielded any fruits yet so I can't really say anything as per employment

but imo state is not a good place to job hunt.

Like okija said, it's either you are a government worker/bank worker or a business person
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Imanuelle: The youth must work program hasn't yielded any fruits yet so I can't really say anything as per employment

but imo state is not a good place to job hunt.

Like okija said, it's either you are a government worker/bank worker or a business person
apart from lagos,ogun,rivers which other state is good for job hunting?
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kidnapping has reduced drastically in Imo state. That's a good achievement by Rochas. Was surprised to see checkpoints or whatever the police choose to call it at some locations in owerri metropolis. Assumpta Cathedral axis have some police stationed there and at Okigwe road. That's the checkpoints i saw physically.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
asha 80: apart from lagos,ogun,rivers which other state is good for job hunting?
was about asking the same question.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
asha 80: apart from lagos,ogun,rivers which other state is good for job hunting?

abuja
Delta
akwa ibom
calabar

Should I continue ?

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
berem: Kidnapping has reduced drastically in Imo state. That's a good achievement by Rochas. Was surprised to see checkpoints or whatever the police choose to call it at some locations in owerri metropolis. Assumpta Cathedral axis have some police stationed there and at Okigwe road. That's the checkpoints i saw physically.

maybe you should know that that's almost all the legal and effective checkpoints in imo state

Others are police revenue points
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Imanuelle:

maybe you should know that that's almost all the legal and effective checkpoints in imo state

Others are police revenue points
all the same, kidnapping has drastically reduced. That is a good thing!

1 Like

Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Adejoro74: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
Imanuelle:

abuja
Delta
akwa ibom
calabar

Should I continue ?

Are you dreaming?

What jobs are in Calabar? Delta and AKS?
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Imanuelle:

abuja
Delta
akwa ibom
calabar

Should I continue ?

sad
Imanuelle:

abuja
Delta
akwa ibom
calabar

Should I continue ?

In Nigeria only Lagos, Rivers and Abuja has the kind of job most graduates seek but there are more jobs in Abia, Anambra, Kano, Oyo and Ogun.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by omonnakoda: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt-Owerri and Owerri-Onitsha are federal roads and were constructed by FG but Orlu Road and Aba Road are federal roads which has some parts being constructed by Imo Government.
PH-Owerri is federal but was done by Amaechi
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by omonnakoda: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
berem: Kidnapping has reduced drastically in Imo state. That's a good achievement by Rochas. Was surprised to see checkpoints or whatever the police choose to call it at some locations in owerri metropolis. Assumpta Cathedral axis have some police stationed there and at Okigwe road. That's the checkpoints i saw physically.
Dem2
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
omonnakoda:
PH-Owerri is federal but was done by Amaechi

Owerri to Omerelu is a Niger Delta Ministry project.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abagworo:

sad

In Nigeria only Lagos, Rivers and Abuja has the kind of job most graduates seek but there are more jobs in Abia, Anambra, Kano, Oyo and Ogun.
i was about saying the same thing to her.
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Adejoro74:

Are you dreaming?

What jobs are in Calabar? Delta and AKS?
Maybe Oil company jobs? grin
Re: Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
berem: all the same, kidnapping has drastically reduced. That is a good thing!

yeah
I awarded 70/100 according to my opinion
Or is kidnapping the only security challenge?

Don't attack me yet
I agreed rochas is working but not as much as the hype
be realistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why APC Moved Against Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s Emergence As SGF, Opting For Onu / Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) / Opinion: Kogi State Is Not Supposed To Be Part Of The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.