Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel (9948 Views)

Obasanjo Shuns PDP, Jonathan Reconciliation Again / Jang Shuns PDP Reconciliation Committee / Edo Widow Shuns PDP’s N250,000 Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
CHAIRMAN, Senate Committee on Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Senator Andy Uba, yesterday shunned the national chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, as he failed to appear before the party's disciplinary committee.

A PDP stalwart in Anambra State and brother to Andy, Chief Chris Uba, a factional chairman, Ejike Oguebego; Chief Benji Udeozor and Mrs. Tonia Nwankwu were also not at the party's secretariat to honour the summon by the National Working Committee, NWC, of the party.

The national leadership of PDP had last Tuesday, through the acting National Publicity Secretary, Tony Okeke, summoned the winner of party primary election conducted by one of the factions, Senator Andy Uba, his brother, Chris Uba and three others.

According to the party, Andy Uba and others were alleged to have conducted a parallel congress contrary to the one carried out by the national secretariat, with Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State as chairman of the electoral panel.

It also stressed that Kenneth Emeakayi was the recognised state chairman and not Ejike Oguebego, who conducted the congress where Andy Uba emerged.

But when Vanguard contacted Andy on phone, he simply said he was not available.

Meanwhile, the recognised candidate of PDP, Comrade Tony Nwoye, yesterday, stormed the party's secretariat where he was presented with his certificate of return by Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, and vowed not to go to the tribunal should the November 16 Anambra election be adjudged by Civil Society Organisations, CS0, international and local observers as well as the media to be free and fair.

Nwoye, who described his emergence as the work of God, said he was surprised that the party could conduct a transparent primary election.

He, however, said that the baton given to him was to mobilize the people of Anambra State, reconcile them and win the election, and extended the olive branch to other contestants as Andy Uba, Nicholas Ukachukwu, and others for PDP to win the election.

Nwoye added that reconciliation had become imperative because wounds must be healed for the party to face opposition such as All Progressive Congress, APC, All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, and others.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201308290389.html
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by snakova(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
y did oga at the top sack the youths minister? cos he luvs due process
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Ikengawo: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
In both Anambra, and Rivers, the PDP seems to be falling apart because of pettiness and shortsightedness. This is the bane of a party without an ideology. The individual is far more important than the long term goal. PDP is not alone, APC will fall to the same fate. The only party in Nigeria with a calling is the Labour Party. I say this as an adamant PDP man.

Labor will never have this same fate because the cause and calling of the global labor movement is theirs. They are people focused and rely of the labor unions to success. If the labor unions ideology is betrayed, they will have no base so they have no choice than to be populist and labor oriented in ideology.

Scattered throughout the history of Nigeria are tens of parties that came and went in no more then 5 years. It's only power that has kept PDP alive for 15.

The Ubas are incredibly powerful enemies to have in an state in the federation. People forget that it was Uba money and patronage that made PDP what it is today. I'm not an Uba supporter and do don't think i'm speaking out of sentiment. It's rare in our political dialogue but I have no loyalties to persons. I'm only loyal to my own values and goals for the nation and the people that can help making them possible (which today don't exist in Nigeria, even in the Labor Party)

It is very obvious that the Anambra election is a battle of banks and businesses, the same brand of corporate politics that America is covertly famous for. As an igbo man, I understand that Anambra has the potential to be the foremost state in Nigeria and or Africa. It thus very important to the development of the SE that the party isn't a banana republic because I believe the politics of the state has not only held Anambra down, but Nigeria as a whole, and that Nigeria can not join the league of industrial nations if Anambra isn't sorted out intelligently.

4 Likes

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by ImperialYoruba: 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ikengawo,

Focus on the topic. This is not about APC. Ondo is a complwte LP state, the exwcutive, legislative and judicial. How have they fared on rate of employment in comparison to other similar states on their scale? You just yap any kind of way the wind blows. Leave APC alone and talk tothis mess in Anambra.

This is a simulation ground for what to expect in 2015. Its becoming apparent already that Buhari was correct, there will be a tangle up betqeen a baboon and a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Ikengawo: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Are APC candidates not contesting in Anambra?

Nowhere in my post did I say LP is the best party or will 'deliver' nigeria. I simply said that it will last the longest because it's the only party I can think of in Nigeria based on ideology.

My post is perfectly on subject if you're able to think beyond the petty world of names and personality and into the necessary realm of ideas and concepts. I can't sit here and yarn balls about people I've never met and my personal opinion of them as all 'political discussion' in nigeria does, or I can look at what is really at stake here,

the risk of corporate democracy
the longevity of personality based parties

This Anambra election marks the beginning of a new form of corruption in Nigeria. One that isn't about godfathers like in the past, but about corporate interest. Godfather politics is dangerous because it funnels funds into the hands of oligarchs. Corporate politics will not only funnel funds into these same hands, but aim to destroy competition and introduce the same stagnation that's in our political class into our business class.

See that? and assessment that surpasses the petty lens of people politics. We can keep focusing on the names committing these acts, but they die and fade and the acts remain. I thus feel it's time to focus on the acts themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by ImperialYoruba: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
APC is contesting but they are doing so with order and respect for democratic principles in the state of Anambra.

The APC guber candiate is conducting himself like someone seeking a presidential seat. APC in Anambra are not divided on their focus for the governorship seat.

The PDP guber candidateS on the other hand are conducting themselves like they are seeking chairmanship of MASSOB. The last time PDP had any national credibility was when OBJ was sitting on the helm of affairs. GEJ need to brinj Obj back to assist him coordinate the party. Anambra is a test run for 2015 and here we see a microcosm of what to expect from PDP in next two years.

4 Likes

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by bcomputer101: 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
Drop me here.

Wey my change?

Abi you wan carry am move ni?
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Brimmie(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2013
^^^Labour Party?? Mimiko's Party?? Duuhh!! Try Again!!
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Aderemi275(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2013
I no wan comment...
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Okijajuju1(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2013
Ehn don dey form James Bond... grin
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by kennyonthrone(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2013
D'battle line has been drawn....wel am jst a spectator lemme see aw dis thrillin movie full of suspense wil end
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by fuckdmods(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
ok. I see
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by abatajjvii: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg who dem dey shun like puppet

P D P

Real disappointment

Abeg i don port to APC
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by bloglover(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2013
I like d charisma that emits 4rm his personality, I think he will make an impact in anambra state...but dat man no dey hear word sha.
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Drsheddy(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2013
End tym tins
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by roxell120(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2013
devil flee from my state anambra ,i command u undecided
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by everyday: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Cuba is always making trouble
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2013
roxell120: devil flee from my state anambra ,i command u undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Did i appear on 1st page plz...
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by mployer(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2013
I see Ngige Juju at work here. First it was Soludo's disqualification, now Andy Uba's Suspension and Ifeanyi Uba's indebtedness. Whatever he is doing (prayer or juju) he is doing it well.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by dancocity(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2013
d tym has cum nd d tym is nw,dis anambra election wil shw wat 2015 wil luk lik.
d question is,our senators dat r seeking to b governors in anambra wat av u offered d people u r representing??

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Big4wig(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2013
As for me,All i want is for ASUU to call off dis strike,if dey dont,i will keep on spitting on their HEADS

*COUGHS out YELLOW MUCOR & spits it on both ASUU & FG head*

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by priscaoge(f): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2013
What am I suppose to ƒ̲̅ε̲ε̲ƪ? SMH,abeg make una kill una selves. Politics is a dirty game!!! But wait oooo,did I actually appear on τ̲̅ђe 1st page?*Taxi pls com and take ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2 Anambra,2 see tins 4 М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ self*Lol
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by fingard02k(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2013
i will still vote for Andy Uba i believe he will like to redeem their name Uba by doing wonderful works in anambra when he wins.
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2013
priscaoge: What am I suppose to ƒ̲̅ε̲ε̲ƪ? SMH,abeg make una kill una selves. Politics is a dirty game!!! But wait oooo,did I actually appear on τ̲̅ђe 1st page?*Taxi pls com and take ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2 Anambra,2 see tins 4 М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ self*Lol
SMH
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2013
dancocity: d tym has cum nd d tym is nw,dis anambra election wil shw wat 2015 wil luk lik.
d question is,our senators dat r seeking to b governors in anambra wat av u offered d people u r representing??
Are u saw what am see?
Shhh! keep it secret
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by mactoni91(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2013
I hear voices in my head...
They talk to me
They understand
They talk to me...
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
That guy need to be castrated alive tongue
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by GenWOJUOLA(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2013
I hope in 2015 dis guys dont begin to play abracadabra, cos wen 16 becomes greater than 19, 5 overthrow 27 and now 1 oga @ d top nd his broda turn a state organ of PDP to family business, den u can guess wat will happen come 2015.... Well shay be na PDP, nothing is new!
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by MEILYN(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2013
fingard02k: i will still vote for Andy Uba i believe he will like to redeem their name Uba by doing wonderful works in anambra when he wins.

I hope the average Anambra voter doesn't think like this. Or else...
Re: Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel by playcharles(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2013
Big4wig: As for me,All i want is for ASUU to call off dis strike,if dey dont,i will keep on spitting on their HEADS

*COUGHS out YELLOW MUCOR & spits it on both ASUU & FG head*

u re suffering from typhiod, yellow fever, tuberculosis, aids, vulture flu, cancer of the bluocus, and near death....rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Stealing & Corruption: What Nigeria's Criminal Code Says / Presidential Aspirant Gives Reason Why APC, PDP Should Be Abandoned In 2019 / Ex-Federal Lawmaker Stephen Olemija, Thousands Of Supporters Dump APC, Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.