Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire (13850 Views)

How Facebook Relationship Ended 11-yr-old Marriage / S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction. / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by soulfood(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
A California girl saved her siblings from their burning home after she had a gut feeling that danger was imminent.

Many people claim to have experienced premonitions — those eerie, foreboding feelings that something unpleasant is about to happen. They can run from the mundane (knowing who's calling before answering the phone) to the disastrous (dreaming that a loved one will pass away). And sometimes they’re simply uneasy feelings that bad luck is on the horizon.

That’s exactly what 11-year-old Maria Elias of McFarland, California, experienced when she went to bed on Saturday night. "I couldn't go to sleep because I knew something was going to happen," Maria told KGET TV 17.

Sure enough, at 1:30 a.m., a fire broke out in her family's three-bedroom home, causing an estimated $85,000 worth of damage. Maria fought back tears as she told KGET how she got her two younger brothers and sister to safety and was holding her sister "tight" to ensure that she didn't leave her behind.

Yahoo! Shine could not reach Maria or her family for comment, and it’s unclear exactly how the little girl ushered her siblings to safety. However, Corey Wilford of the Kern County Fire Department told Yahoo! Shine, “Based on witness testimony, the fire was electrical. A person who was sleeping in the home heard a loud pop and smelled smoke, then saw fire erupt on the wall.”

According to a Kern County Fire Department press release emailed to Yahoo! Shine, two people escaped through a window in the home, and in total, eight adults and 12 children were displaced by the fire. All are now being assisted by the American Red Cross.

“I would advise people to have at least one working smoke detector in the home,” said Wilford. “Replace your batteries twice a year and test the detector once a month to make sure it’s functioning. Also, vacuum the detector periodically because dust can prevent it from sensing smoke, or even set off false alarms.” (Visit the National Fire Protection Association website for more tips.)

Whether or not Elias experienced a premonition — and whether premonitions actually even exist — is a hotly debated topic. While many in the spiritual world have long accepted premonitions as fact, science has begun to explore the phenomenon as well. A recent study conducted by Northwestern University found that the human body can react to danger before the brain is conscious of the impending event. And research conducted by Cornell University found that people were able to predict with 53.4 percent accuracy where a photo was located when asked to choose between two locations. Not statistically mind-blowing, but according to a story published in Popular Science, the results were more impressive than the 50 percent accuracy rate that might be expected by chance.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/11-year-old-girl-saves-family-from-fire--did-she-predict-the-future--174149946.html
http://helpingtheparents..com/2013/08/11-year-old-girl-saves-family-from-fire.html
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
THANK GOD...WHAT AM I
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by benkings(m): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
WAOOOOO...CAN"T BLIV I CAN BE D FIRST TO COMMENT.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by benkings(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
sinmisolaoluwa: THANK GOD...WHAT AM I
wanbarstad.....lol........smartass
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by SimonSniper(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ok Ok Ok grin angry grin grin shocked cool sad cheesy kiss lipsrsealed embarassed undecided undecided
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by BlackPeni5: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
In the olden days, she would have been tied to a Stake and burnt as a witch.

Thank God for civilization.

Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Choi! 6th!
Her spiritual antena is working
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Eneze1(f): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
sinmisolaoluwa: WAOOOOO...CAN"T BLIV I CAN BE D FIRST TO COMMENT.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

for your mind abi, try harder next time
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
first 2 coments grin no b small tin, i swear embarassed

Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
benkings: wanbarstad.....lol........smartass
..........NAUGHTY GUY....TRY HARDER NEXT TIME OK
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by moscobabs(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thank God Im last to comment
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by frainc(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
dis fiki na hero o
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by greatgod2012(f): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
The little girl is definitely an angel for that family.

Sometimes, we dont know what some other people are until we have an encounter with them.
She didnt sleep because she knew a distaster is about to strike, and someone will tell me such a little girl is not an angel.
That girl is a God sent=an angel.

Moral of the lesson: Never underestimate anyone whether an infant, a child, a teenager or an adult, because, you never can tell whether the person is an angel who can save you in an unknown future.
May God help us all.
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by NoContract(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2013

Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Black Peni5: In the olden days, she would have been tied to a Stake and burnt as a witch.

Thank God for civilization.

Abi o!!!
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
thank God for using her.
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by mysticgal(f): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
good premonition gal
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by damosky12(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
To many of our naija pals, thats a film-trick..
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Eneze1:

for your mind abi, try harder next time
.............ARE U A LEARNER CANT U SEE AM THE FIRST TO COMMENT CHECK THE NO.1 COMMENT ABOVE JOR grin grin
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by kwAzzIEkEEd(m): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Things of end time!
I hope you know i don't mean END TIME THINGS!!! Lolzzz. . .
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
stardragon: first 2 coments grin no b small tin, i swear embarassed
LOL...DNT WORRY YR TIME GO COME
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by caramelll(f): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thank God she's not a sleep addict lyk me.
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by obainojazz(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
benkings: .
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by obainojazz(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
benkings: .
you just dey find first to comment since...choi..jobless fella...
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by kessgreen(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
;Dlast 2 comment so far,aftarall
D last shal b d fisrt!we'll as 4 dat gal sha
Na God go bless am o cos if na sum peep dem go stil dey doubt.
4 dose wen No º°˚˚° belive say premonition exist
As a xtian i believe am D.I.E cos
E don hapen 2 me. wen i dey university
I was damn sick n could not eat or even sleep,i was
Even depressed,but afta sum day,dis hot afta
Nun i say mak i cum outside,naim i see my mama 4 okada
(Tank GOD say baba Fash neva cum ban bike dat time)she
Just see me naim dey stop,i surprise cos nobody 4 house
Know say i dey sick n she No º°˚˚° know my house 4 skol,so say
Naim wetin her mind tel am naim she do,2 cut long story short,na frm dere i take well!last 2 comment hurrrraay!
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Boll2010: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
sinmisolaoluwa: THANK GOD...WHAT AM I
slowpoke gringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by agrovick(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2013
End time tins. I talk am, so
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Ipheyemmy01(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
She should develop her feelings and she shall help the future.
Re: 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire by Ibroboss(m): 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Why nairaland na,why u̶̲̥̅̊ now dey broadcast my girl_friend's name ontop ur homepage na,ƟƙƋƔ no problem o
Abi u̶̲̥̅̊ no no dat 11 yrs old girl na ma girl?

Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple / What Are Your Views On Divorce? / Best Technique For Dealing With A Nagging Wife/Partner?