Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,096 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything (847 Views)

Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video / INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House / Interview Video Of Baba Adedibu(strongman Of Ibadan Politics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2008
Looking at things from a different angle as usual, I truly do not think Lamidi Adedibu should be castigated for any political monstrosities that we've experienced in the past or continue to experience in Nigeria today.

Our defective system and attenuated constitution should be blamed.
You as a citizen of a country could only do what your system allows you to do.

Keep in mind that Lamidi Adedibu did not have 4 heads, he was just a mere human being like any one of us; hence, we should be ashamed of ourselves and our country for allowing him to practice politics this way for many years without making a sincere attempt to disable his dreadful ways.
Now that the man is gone, we are all out here making noise like bunch of unwanted wimps.

I say, leave the man alone and let him rest in peace.
You guys should branch off and direct your energy into empowering the weak constitution/ retarded system, that gave path to this mess in the first place; or else another Adedibu will emerge within the next few months and then the wimps will start crying all over again like bunch of unpaid prostitutes.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by cre8tivity(f): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2008
'''#!, 9,,i have been visiting this site for about 5mnts just to read post and kill time at work with no intentions to place any post. but this one topic hit the right spot. i second the content, it makes sense.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by trhymes(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2008
Well, he was given the right,
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by alexleo(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2008
Will Adedibu rest in peace after all the blood shed, political thugery, fund looting and other atrocities he committed? God cannot be mocked. Whatever a man sows that shall he reap also. I only pity his lost sould which will spend eternity in hell but for the evil life he lived on earth, No thanks to him. The truth is this, he has gone for God's judgement and as long as he did not reconcile with God before his death, he is heading straight to hell fire. TOO BAD. Even if the whole world prays for him to rest in peace, God will never answer because he has crossed the limit of God's mercy and faced with his Judgment so pls just keep your Rest In Peace aside. A sineer cannot rest in peac when he dies. Period.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
What about you Judge Judy Alexleo, are you going to hell or heaven when you kick the bucket?

My man, you missed the point!
There is nobody praising Adedibu; it is a common sense and a sensible thing to do, to respect the dead fellow and allow God (the king of all kings) to do his duties.

Doing what is right is to simply branch off and direct our energy into making sure that the nightmare history doesn't repeat itself.

Period!
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
We experienced similar jubilation or celebration when Abacha died few years ago; but I hate to state that ever since then, things haven't improved much. Infact, since then Nigeria has also produced a good number of folks that happen to be worst than Abacha.
It seems to me that we, Nigerians do not learn much from our past, we tend to follow the horse right in-front of us with zero hesitation to stop and deeply think about what is next.
The same old retarded system that continues to degrade our economy and standard of living is yet to be reevaluated and empowered, but one man is down and it's time for us to break open champaign.

I just don't get it; I guess, we will finally wake up some day, may be around 2080.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by McKren(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2008
The death of Abach sent a shock wave to the elit class, and that incident gave birth to a swift transition to democracy even though our current democracy is not perfect.

Abacha's death opened the road to freedom to a Nation, even though his likes the IBBs and Buharis would rather want to re-write history.
I personally celebrated his death and given a second chance I will do same.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
The death of Abach sent a shock wave to the elit class, and that incident gave birth to a swift transition to democracy even though our current democracy is not perfect

I guess, a new generic solution to our trouble in Nigeria is to break open champaign once someone we do not like dies.
I like it!

Well, time is in-charge, we shall all see what kind of freedom this one would bring.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by McKren(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2008
I honestly don't know the point of your argument

An 82yr old man who had no respect whatsoever for the sanctity of life dies and you are bullying everyone else to be sober

May be he should have remained alive to corrupt and maime the people of Oyo

I don't subscribe to useless culture , all I can say is may his family bear their loss. For the man Adedibu himself I don't pity him, I don't miss him and am not going to pretend about it.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2008
BINGO!

You've also missed the point!

My friend, there is no bullying going on here, and definitely there is no-one praising this man.
The question is: What do we gain from all this senseless jubilation and what have we gained from it in the past?

Our problem is (was) not Adedibu, our problem is the system that continues to give birth to folks that have absolutely no respect for our weak constitution.

FYI: just because I do not have time and my spiritual standard doesn't permit me to negatively celebrate the death of another human being, doesn't mean I'm bullying anybody.
The nation is free; your celebration is absolutely your business. Please, feel free to start killing cows.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2008
Why is it that we always like leaving everything to God?

IBB stole $12 billion                       - leave it to god.

Abacha stole, destroyed and killed - leavam for god.

Governors steal and kill                - leavam for god.

The road is bad.                            - leavam for god.

Elections rigged                            - leavam for god.

No electricity                                 - leavam for god.

Adedibu machetes a whole family         - leavam for god.

OBJ was a beast while on seat    - leavam for god.

An evil man dies                           - leavam for god.

Hey people, God is not going to come down and restore your electricity, neither is he going to come and conduct credible elections for you.

Wake up Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2008
Big B1:

BINGO!

You've also missed the point!

My friend, there is no bullying here, and definitely there is no-one praising this man.
The question is: What do we gain from all this senseless jubilation and what have we gained from it in the past?

Our problem is (was) not Adedibu, our problem is the system that continues to give birth to folks that have absolutely no respect for our weak constitution.

FYI: just because I do not have time and my spiritual standard doesn't permit me to celebrate the death of another human being, doesn't mean I'm bullying anybody.
The nation is free; your celebration is absolutely your business. Please, feel free to start killing cows.

I will kill cows if i have the money for that.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2008
There you go!
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2008
Hey people, God is not going to come down and restore your electricity, neither is he going to come and conduct credible elections for you

So, cerebrating the death of another human being (that did us wrong) is an answer to our poor power supply?
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by Mamajama(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2008
It is even written in the bible to pray for your enemies forgiveness.

His death does mo one any good and there is no reason people should be jubilating upon another mans death.

Such an action is inhumane and barbaric
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2008
Well, the man was 81; I guess, it was a long life.
Let us pray for a long healthy life and a better Nigeria.

We should focus more on changing the system for a better life and a civilized environment.
Jubilating one's death represents another short-cut mentality and a pure indication of cowardliness.

Real men crave for real solution.
Adedibu's death solves nothing, but gives a vacant position for the next on line.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by oldie(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
Most of us get too emotional about things we know little about.
How many of us here knew Adedibu.
All we knew about him was what was caused to be written by some elites
The other elites are using the likes of Adedibu to defraud all of us
Until we all realise that our problems are not caused by the Adedibus of these world but
our elites who thrive in creating confusion all over the place.

We are all willing tools in this political game of deceit
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
Big B1:

So, cerebrating the death of another human being (that did us wrong) is an answer to our poor power supply?

Yes. Maybe you have not noticed that he influenced alot of negativities in Nigerian politics. He influenced appointmonts, riggs elections, supported corruption, shared state allocations which could have been meant for power supply in Oyo, gave wrong advice to OBJ, killed and maimed.
All these actions, in one way or the other may have contributed to the poor power supply in Nigeria.

Mamajama:

It is even written in the bible to pray for your enemies forgiveness.

His death does mo one any good and there is no reason people should be jubilating upon another mans death.

Such an action is inhumane and barbaric

I rather let go of my grudges/malice with someone before thinking of forgiving him.

However, i did pray for his quick recovery when he was sick. I did that so that he could repent and face the law squarely.
Now that he is dead, i am not particularly happy that he didn't face justice while alive, but at least I'm relieved a little.
Meanwhile, I just got myself a bottle of wine to celebrate his death while the peace in Oyo lasts.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by ty4real(m): 10:30pm On Jun 12, 2008
nuzo:

Why is it that we always like leaving everything to God?

IBB stole $12 billion - leave it to god.

Abacha stole, destroyed and killed - leavam for god.

Governors steal and kill - leavam for god.

The road is bad. - leavam for god.

Elections rigged - leavam for god.

No electricity - leavam for god.

Adedibu machetes a whole family - leavam for god.

OBJ was a beast while on seat - leavam for god.

An evil man dies - leavam for god.

Hey people, God is not going to come down and restore your electricity, neither is he going to come and conduct credible elections for you.

Wake up Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the family members he left behind will be able to think and make necessary corrections if this statement was true.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2008
in decemeber 2006, on my way home to ilorin, i was caught in a go slow at ibadan. to make matters worse, the good for nothing drivers car broke down. urchins were in full force robbing people in broad daylight. i say them set on a guy, slash him with broken bottles and cartaway his money. a small boy maybe 10 to 12 attacked a man in a car wth a broken cutlass. when the man retaliated - they ganged up on him. i abandoned the vehicle i was in and found my way to the car park. no way did i want to be there after dark, and it was already late.

that is adadibu's true legacy to ibadan, he fostered the growth of an army of miscreants and thugs.

i had never experienced that sort of thing in ibadan before. and i can only pray that that sort of thing will die with him
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by landis(m): 8:18am On Jun 17, 2008
Truly but sadly Adedibu is a product of Nigerian Society.

He is mirror of everything that was wrong with Nigeria.

Others are ready to take-over from where he stops.

Instead of us as a people to put measures in place never to produce such monster, we busy beating on wrong horse.
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by BigB11(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2008
Truly but sadly Adedibu is a product of Nigerian Society.

He is mirror of everything that was wrong with Nigeria.

Others are ready to take-over from where he stops.

Instead of us as a people to put measures in place never to produce such monster, we busy beating on wrong horse.

Right on point!
Re: Adedibu Is Not To Be Blamed For Anything by texazzpete(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2008
yeah right. take the easy way out and blame 'society' for everything.

In that case, we might as well open the Jails and release every prisoner, every condemned criminal. Afterall, the murderers, the thieves, the rapists et al were only driven to such dire acts by the society we live in.

Adedibu was a monster who brought harm and disorder to many lives. It's good he's off the scene. Even if you hinge your argument in the fact that sooner or later another monster may emerge, the lull in between both eras of evil will allow some good to flourish.

(1) (Reply)

An African Solution To The Zimbabwean Crisis? / Us Blocked Un Statement On Cease Fire Btw Israel And Palestne / Ikotun/abaranje Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.