Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) (6339 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by taharqa: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
eddiebruk:

really...are the rail tracks in Nigeria fast rail tracks..? because that sure doesn't look like a fast rail track in Nigeria, and besides it's not just about building tracks, rail stations (and i don't mean those Kiosk they normally build as bus terminals) are also needed, and i actually dont see any of that yet, so please stop consoling yourself that someday you will get there, we have been saying that exact same words for so long now yet we are still not even 30% there yet.
PieceofAdvice: if you do not know what you are talking about or what is going on, why not SHUT up Or at least ask questions? Those are d most Prudent things to do, dont you think so? Cheers
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by ujoinme: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
Don't rubbish Nigeria because of SA accomplishments.At least we have an administration thats interested in doing something how be it revamping the delapidated railway lines and planning for standard rails. be optimistic, At least trains are moving in nigeria again after over a decade of stagnation. and some standard rails that can run trains similar to the ones
shown on this thread is presently under construction in Nigeria.
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
taharqa: PieceofAdvice: if you do not know what you are talking about Or what is going on, why not SHUT up or at least ask questions? Thnks

and sir who are you to dictate what i find interesting enough since your shallow mind cant access such even as brilliant as you think you are..? or you seems to find honesty so upsetting..? i know you very well from lots of threads you have created trying to paint the Nigeria Government Good in infrastructural development, but really...can you really from a sincere mindset adhere to all the topics you have created, that so far what has been done is delivery of what was promised, i bet your stup..id brains dont even know what development is all about, this is the reason why you seems to be so contented with the little that is as good as nothing...Advice for your MOFO BRAINS: till the day you see real world class development, you will never be able to distinguish what is good and what is bad.
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by iterator25: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by chatterly: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
What we are building are still the narrow guage tracks which the world has left behind decades ago and the new trains commmisioned by the NRC are diesel locomotives based on 60s technology built for us by GE in Brazil.No pun intended but we CANNOT get to the level of the South Africans as per this rail service for the next 50 years.
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by taharqa: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
ujoinme:

Was looking for information on the accomplishment sofar on this masterplan to no avail. you seem to know more about the project can you give more inputs on it on this thread please;https://www.nairaland.com/1414626/nigerian-high-speed-rail-journey

since this thread is showing what has already been accomplished and not plans and projects under construction.
by the way congrats South africa those are really nice trains hope nigeria can learn from SA
I wud do my best once I get to my Computer. Am pretty much browsing from my yeye phone now..
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by iterator25: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
chatterly: What we are building are still the narrow guage tracks which the world has left behind decades ago and the new trains commmisioned by the NRC are diesel locomotives based on 60s technology built for us by GE in Brazil.No pun intended but we CANNOT get to the level of the South Africans as per this rail service for the next 50 years.
you're not informed.. Google 'abuja light rail/fast train "
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
iterator25: you're not informed.. Google 'abuja light rail/fast train "

My friend Development in a country will not and can never be hidden...good things dont need advertisement, is he not a Nigerian, why does he have to use google to be able to see the development that is going on in the country..?
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Haaaa Jonathan has been celebrating revival of Coal-train via Sincere 9gerian on Nairaland !!

Sincere 9gerian over to you and your boss as well as ur fellow bootylickers !!!
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Horus(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Horus(m): 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2013

Notice the last rule: Bribery is prosecutable by law
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by ujoinme: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
eddiebruk:

really...are the rail tracks in Nigeria fast rail tracks..? because that sure doesn't look like a fast rail track in Nigeria, and besides it's not just about building tracks, rail stations (and i don't mean those Kiosk they normally build as bus terminals) are also needed, and i actually dont see any of that yet, so please stop consoling yourself that someday you will get there, we have been saying that exact same words for so long now yet we are still not even 30% there yet.

eddiebruk you are right what you have seen is the narrow guage rails from lagos to kano which has been revamped by this administration and trains or what you called locomotives are running on them. There is another narrow guage line from port harcourt to maiduguri which is also been revamped and construction trains are already running on the eastern end from port harcourt to enugu conveying construction materials.

Besides these narrow gauge rails that has been revitalized, there are plans to build standard rails that can support train carriages that can run as fast as the ones you showed on the picture above. I can certainly tell you that the there is on that will run from Abuja to kaduna which construction is ongoing and the itakpe warri standard rail line is complete and there are several other projects that are ongoing at the moment.

If every administration did what GEJ is doing in nigeria especially in Aviation and railway then our infrastructure would have been better off.
That being said more still needs to be done and nigeria is in an infrastructural ditch of up to $350billion. but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by ujoinme: 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
taharqa: I wud do my best once I get to my Computer. Am pretty much browsing from my yeye phone now..

Ok thanks looking forward to the updates." our people perish for lack of knowledge"...... in this case information!lol

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Horus(m): 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
ujoinme:

eddiebruk you are right what you have seen is the narrow guage rails from lagos to kano which has been revamped by this administration and trains or what you called locomotives are running on them. There is another narrow guage line from port harcourt to maiduguri which is also been revamped and construction trains are already running on the eastern end from port harcourt to enugu conveying construction materials.

Besides these narrow gauge rails that has been revitalized, there are plans to build standard rails that can support train carriages that can run as fast as the ones you showed on the picture above. I can certainly tell you that the there is on that will run from Abuja to kaduna which construction is ongoing and the itakpe warri standard rail line is complete and there are several other projects that are ongoing at the moment.

If every administration did what GEJ is doing in nigeria especially in Aviation and railway then our infrastructure would have been better off.
That being said more still needs to be done and nigeria is in an infrastructural ditch of up to $350billion. but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

Thank you very much, you have written something with a good mind of understanding, but you must also accept that i am not trying to compare any government office administration as being better than the other, i remember vividly my late father used to work for Julius Berger at Ajakuta 17years ago, and they were working on these same Nigerian rail system, and funny enough up till now it still hasn't improved as it was from this same 17years ago, do not misunderstand my point, In a system of government, credit cannot be given to a particular administration because if you do then you will be confusing yourself, because a past administration can approve and kick off a certain project but wont be able to complete it, and then when another administration takes over and completes it, the past administration that approved the said project becomes a figure of ridicule just like they always say on this forum, what OBJ could not achieve for 8years GEJ has achieved for 2years, or less, seriously, if that is the case, then i would like these same people or persons to tell me whose fault it is (although i should not bring such topic here but i just have to), that the FG is owing the Academic Staff Union of Universities, such huge amount because as we were told it started from a past administration, and because of that FG wants to re-negotiate since it wasnt on her administration, but yet they want to get credit for the development another administration approved..? were are the Educated people in this country of ours...?
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by ujoinme: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
eddiebruk:

Thank you very much, you have written something with a good mind of understanding, but you must also accept that i am not trying to compare any government office administration as being better than the other, i remember vividly my late father used to work for Julius Berger at Ajakuta 17years ago, and they were working on these same Nigerian rail system, and funny enough up till now it still hasn't improved as it was from this same 17years ago, do not misunderstand my point, In a system of government, credit cannot be given to a particular administration because if you do then you will be confusing yourself, because a past administration can approve and kick off a certain project but wont be able to complete it, and then when another administration takes over and completes it, the past administration that approved the said project becomes a figure of ridicule just like they always say on this forum, what OBJ could not achieve for 8years GEJ has achieved for 2years, or less, seriously, if that is the case, then i would like these same people or persons to tell me whose fault it is (although i should not bring such topic here but i just have to), that the FG is owing the Academic Staff Union of Universities, such huge amount because as we were told it started from a past administration, and because of that FG wants to re-negotiate since it wasnt on her administration, but yet they want to get credit for the development another administration approved..? were are the Educated people in this country of ours...?

Dude i thought you were interested in discussing the railway system in Africa with special emphasis on nigeria?
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by segzicres(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
I'm 20yrs nigeeria cannot match this development. + why is nigeria still referred to 7 giant of africa? WTF! Nogeria is a fuuccccked up place mein! TBH! I might have to leave to a more sane environment
Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by karfe(m): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
ujoinme:

Well done. I am impressed by all this information and hope the master plans will be properly executed. However, the government needs to improve awareness about these activities within the country. Our news space has been taken over by very negative information. Improved awareness of these infrastructure developments will influence other sectors like tourism, agriculture, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa’s Fastest Train!!!! (pics) by tim107: 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Next Governor Of Imo State 2015.pix / Breaking- EFCC Detains Ex Finance Minister With Embarrassing PICTURE!! / The Future Of Yorubaland, Bayo Adedayo Writes To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.