Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. (1970 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) / Strange Selling Of Toyota Camry 2007/2008 Cars / Please Help Me Choose Between Golf 3 And Nissan Almera 1995-1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Help me with info on which is easier to maintain between ford freestyle 2005 n camry 2007.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Those 2 rides has nothing in common. . . Maintenance for the Camry is way cheaper than FOrd
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Fhemmmy]Those 2 rides has nothing in common. . . Maintenance for the Camry is way cheaper than FOrd[quote]

Thanks fhemmy,
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by komekn(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
I do not know how conclusive my opinions are but they are based on personal experience and a keen interest on automotive matters.

There is an assumption in Nigeria that all things Toyota are best, the most reliable, the toughest and most economical, I don’t think it’s as holistically as simple as that.

The Camry and Explorer are in two totally different categories, and can’t be really compared as equals.Firstly the Explorer is a 4X4 with high ground clearance, robust suspension and a body on frame chassis it’s a truck, durable and tough, it’s built for the off road, 4.0 V6 engine. The Camry is none of these things, it’s a good car, but it’s not a SUV.

In Nigeria our roads are bad in some instances very bad, now unless you don’t intend to travel or do much driving, then go Camry. However, if you do travel then you will be buying a lot of cheap and available Toyota parts for your Camry not sure it’s cheaper to maintain in the long term. For sure one trip from Lagos to Warri and you’ll probably need to have your exhaust welded.

The Ford explorer will give you 25mpg on the motorway and the Camry 33/35. But which one will get you there trouble free, you will on occasion have to wade your car through flooded roads, which ride would you rather be in ? tongue

I bought a Ford Explorer for one of my friends who goes to Abakiliki almost every weekend, on occasion twice a week. He used the car for 5 years literally trouble free, apart from normal servicing, his mechanic is in Omole Phase , he mainly maintains US cars incl. SUV’s and he will confirm the reliability of the Explorer.

In my opinion its a ‘NO CONTEST’ Explorer wins hands down, finally if the guys of the night are on the prowl i.e. armed robbers, what car will they steal first, I rest my case. For safety, security, reliability, ruggedness, comfort etc Explorer - Nuff Said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgVEVnRblME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxwaNzsdvY
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by RoyalRoy(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He was talking about Ford Freestyle!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
The freestyle is 1.6m while camry is 1.8m. I heard that d freestyle transmission is problematic n expensive. I love both cars n I dont travel a lot, maybe twice in a year.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
djaybaba: The freestyle is 1.6m while camry is 1.8m. I heard that d freestyle transmission is problematic n expensive. I love both cars n I dont travel a lot, maybe twice in a year.

The prices you name here, are those for Nigerian used?
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
D camry is nigerian used with 28k on d millage. It was bought brand new n serviced by elizade d owner has other cars n d camry has been parked for d last 3 years. The freestyle has 89k on d millage used abroad. My cousin is selling at dat price to me only. Outsiders will pay 1.85m.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
djaybaba: D camry is nigerian used with 28k on d millage. It was bought brand new n serviced by elizade d owner has other cars n d camry has been parked for d last 3 years. The freestyle has 89k on d millage used abroad. My cousin is selling at dat price to me only. Outsiders will pay 1.85m.

Please, check the VIN Report - and be sure of the clain.
I am skeptical of Ford rides on Nigerian roads.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
I did vin check for d camry and it checked out. Freestyle was introduced in 2005 n i think my cousin wont mislead me, I even have d option of paying for d ford in instalments. But I dey fear d fuel consumption n maintenance.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
djaybaba: I did vin check for d camry and it checked out. Freestyle was introduced in 2005 n i think my cousin wont mislead me, I even have d option of paying for d ford in instalments. But I dey fear d fuel consumption n maintenance.

Yes, they were made in 2006 and they are nice and this and that but:
FORD is spelled:
Fo - Forever
R - Remain
D - Dead

Or

D - Driver
R - Return
O - On
F - Foot

So stick with the Camry
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by djaybaba: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, they were made in 2006 and they are nice and this and that but:
FORD is spelled:
Fo - Forever
R - Remain
D - Dead

Or

D - Driver
R - Return
O - On
F - Foot

So stick with the Camry

Thank you very much, I dey fear ford die.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. by Fhemmmy: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
djaybaba:

Thank you very much, I dey fear ford die.

I have used enough of it to be wary of them, if you buying brand new with warranty - kool

(1) (Reply)

Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves / Clean Nissan Pathfinder 2008 Clean Silver Colour / Bentley Gt Vs Rolls Royce:which Is More Preferable (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.