Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference (12310 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Breaking! Jonathan Declares State Of Emergency Over Ebola. Soldiers To Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by tj4luck(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2013
okay
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by cashkid18(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2013
Freedani: If u agree wit that the snc will be held under cawordishnes (being scared of discussing our main problem.aka diversity) and that the outcome wont affect an ordinary nagerian positively, click like
how much ar u goin to pay me

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by clemmonce(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2013
make they go sit down jor. who wil represent who?
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by EvilBrain1(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2013
This Jonathan is a clown. He'll say anything if thinks it'll get him elected. Does he realize what such a conference means? It means we bypass the national assembly, possibly replace the constitution and get rid of his entire government. It could literally mean the break-up of Nigeria.

Meanwhile, there are so many things within his authority he can do solve Nigeria's ethnic divides and he has done none of them. Where is the law to ban the rampant discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and state of origin? Where is the law to allow people to become indegenes of a state when they've lived there for 5, 10, 20 years?

GEJ is an expert at making empty and impossible promises. But when it comes to real, practical change, he is completely useless.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by jimmysho(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2013
All these is 2015 political stunt. And permuto appeal to the wessterner since they have been in the forer front of the clamour for convocation of SNC
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by omajali2003(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Did you actually attend a school. Some group of people went to see the president and present a proposal for a national conference, the president received them and spoke his mind on the issue and you are saying there is no timeline and responsibility? You really amaze me with your level of comprehension. Did you even read the part where they said the constitution presently delegates that function to the NASS?

Like they say. If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book.
Hehehe. I dey laugh. I really don't know if it is reading or comprehension that is some people's problem here.If this was a comprehension passage in NECO exam, I bet this fellow would have failed big time.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by roxell120(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Confusionist: mumu!
you must be a yorubaman i guess and a confusionist indeed.y do you fellas speak from both sides of ur mouth ? do u really believe in one nigeria ? if yes why are guys always angry about non yorubas in lagos especially igbos ?dont they ve the right to migrate to any part of their country and live? if ure still angry about igbo residents in lagos then ure the real 'mumu or mugu' cos u dont know the real meaning of citizenship or a country. btw ure here calling sb 'mumu' for letting ur hidden word out of ur mouth.wont disintegration give u the right to enslave foreigners in lagos ?now ure crying wolve for ur dream coming true.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Did you actually attend a school. Some group of people went to see the president and present a proposal for a national conference, the president received them and spoke his mind on the issue and you are saying there is no timeline and responsibility? You really amaze me with your level of comprehension. Did you even read the part where they said the constitution presently delegates that function to the NASS?

Like they say. If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book.

You obviously didn't understand the point I was trying to pass across. I won't bother engaging you.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Naijablazecom(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2013
GET WAEC GCE ANSWERS FOR FREE AT NAIJABLAZE.COM
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by finalstep: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2013
Dear Nigerians the time has come for National Conference, let discuss the way forward. The National Conference were all ethnics will pour down is contribution that will bring peace, unity among Nigerians, which certain groups will not feel marginalized, that will bring about equal distribution of the National wealth, were there will be security for all,employment for all Nigerians, were their will be two parties not multiple parties, were power will be achieved bye merit not by zoning
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Myself2(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Freedani: If u agree wit that the snc will be held under cawordishnes (being scared of discussing our main problem.aka diversity) and that the outcome wont affect an ordinary [b]nagerian [/b]positively, click like

What should we click if we agree that your English SUCKS tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Shekson(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju: #FRESHAIR till 2023.. angry

[size=20pt]VOTE PDP a.k.a UMBLERRA PARTY![/size]

Or die trying...

SAI JONATHAN!!
Abi oooh. The illuminati party. *singing in Rihanna's voice* 'under my umb-re-lla, ella, ella eh ehe eh'
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by theoctopus: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
HNosegbe:

You obviously didn't understand the point I was trying to pass across. I won't bother engaging you.

You have no point to pass across. If the President had said there is going to be a national conference, then you can ask for timelines and responsibilities. But he simply gave an opinion as a response to people who came to see him. It was not an announcement of a National conference. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by solomon111(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
Evil Brain: This Jonathan is a clown. He'll say anything if thinks it'll get him elected. Does he realize what such a conference means? It means we bypass the national assembly, possibly replace the constitution and get rid of his entire government. It could literally mean the break-up of Nigeria.

Meanwhile, there are so many things within his authority he can do solve Nigeria's ethnic divides and he has done none of them. Where is the law to ban the rampant discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and state of origin? Where is the law to allow people to become indegenes of a state when they've lived there for 5, 10, 20 years?

GEJ is an expert at making empty and impossible promises. But when it comes to real, practical change, he is completely useless.
Actually you are the clown here.
Nigeria's problem are very foundational and anything except SNC will be akin to "patching up", which we've been doing for decades without much success.
If SNC means Nigeria divides,then that would be better instead of us continuing the deception of "one Nigeria".
Nigeria is not One,has never been One,and may never be One until a SNC is convened where pressing issues affecting Nigeria's unity will be addressed.
How can Nigeria move forward when there are no true patriots loyal to the Nigerian state?.
Any president that can successfully convene a fruitful SNC has gotten to the roots of Nigeria's problems.
Btw,the 1999 constitution is redundant and unprogressively useless.
We need to abolish it,and create a new constitution that corresponds with current realities.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Shekson(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
roxell120:
you must be a yorubaman i guess and a confusionist indeed.y do you fellas speak from both sides of ur mouth ? do u really believe in one nigeria ? if yes why are guys always angry about non yorubas in lagos especially igbos ?dont they ve the right to migrate to any part of their country and live? if ure still angry about igbo residents in lagos then ure the real 'mumu or mugu' cos u dont know the real meaning of citizenship or a country. btw ure here calling sb 'mumu' for letting ur hidden word out if ur mouth.wont disintegration give u the right to enslave foreigners in lagos ?now ure crying wolve for a dream coming true.
Bigot!!! Why call him a 'yoruba' man? wats yur own wif the Yorubas again
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by morewealth(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
A Sovereign National Conference where some people will just go , talk and take huge allowances home with no meaningful impact on the common man.
I think what Nigeria need is good and corrupt free leaders that can give us the desired change and a show of discipline by the citizens.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by TippyTop(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
ijaw citizen: The professor must be a very dull man. Where did he count 389 ethnic groups from when the entire Southern Nigeria consist of barely 10 ethnic groups?

The professor did his research, now go and do yours if you're not a dullard. What do you know as "ethnic group"?

[size=15pt]The Top View[/size]

Resource control in a true federation is the way forward.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
From the body language of GEJ he's only doing this to appease nigerians but i can tell u authouritavely that it wont see d light of d day. PURE PROPAGANDA!!!
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by roxell120(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
Shekson:
Bigot!!! Why call him a 'yoruba' man? wats yur own wif the Yorubas again
read my post again and find out y.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
His agenda is 2015 period nothing more or less. Even if he eventualy surmon courage to do it which is impossible. All d recomendations will be summarily dismissed.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Iykeponti(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
bootlegaz: Only lazy parasite ethnic groups will hear this and start shivering. I can't wait to see Odua republic playing an African soccer qualifying match against Biafra nation. Same goes to Arewa republic vs Niger Delta republic.
gringrin grin
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
He lacks the moral capacity and political will to do it. All d political misguided elements around him will neva allow him to succeed with it because he lacks the political will to do it.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
morewealth: A Sovereign National Conference where some people will just go , talk and take huge allowances home with no meaningful impact on the common man.
I think what Nigeria need is good and corrupt free leaders that can give us the desired change and a show of discipline by the citizens.
U HAVE SAID IT ALL. Q.E.D.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by IYANGBALI: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
bootlegaz: Only lazy parasite ethnic groups will hear this and start shivering. I can't wait to see Odua republic playing an African soccer qualifying match against Biafra nation. Same goes to Arewa republic vs Niger Delta republic.
me too o,one naija don tire me
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
morewealth: A Sovereign National Conference where some people will just go , talk and take huge allowances home with no meaningful impact on the common man.
. Nigerians should grow up. Enough of all these abracadabra in nigerian politics. We should begin to look for how to make this so called rulers accoutable.Even if nigeria breaks up today which mightnt be, all this greedy politicians will still be part of the new smaller republics and by that time no problem wuld have been solved. GEJ is a politician and he knows wat he's doing anything that wouldnt make get his 2nd term he wil tacktically dismiss it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by 3ace(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
Why are they just accepting National conference? Is it because 2015 generally election is around the corner? Hmnnnn..funny people.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
We need a National conference,we must stop living a lie-living in an illusion that we love each other,after all these bombings and killings.
Mr President,do call for this National conference.
Get valuable properties/Lands and accommodations in Lekki,Victoria Island,Ikoyi,VGC and the entire Lekki expressway axis.
We work directly with developers and Landlords to ensure you get best value for your money.Check out our listings on our site: http://distributenaija..com/2013/08/updated-properties-for-august-2013-in_30.html
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by EvilBrain1(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
solomon111: Actually you are the clown here.
Nigeria's problem are very foundational and anything except SNC will be akin to "patching up", which we've been doing for decades without much success.
If SNC means Nigeria divides,then that would be better instead of us continuing the deception of "one Nigeria".
Nigeria is not One,has never been One,and may never be One until a SNC is convened where pressing issues affecting Nigeria's unity will be addressed.
How can Nigeria move forward when there are no true patriots loyal to the Nigerian state?.
Any president that can successfully convene a fruitful SNC has gotten to the roots of Nigeria's problems.
Btw,the 1999 constitution is redundant and unprogressively useless.
We need to abolish it,and create a new constitution that corresponds with current realities.

The president's power derives from the constitution as "redundant and useless" as it is. He doesn't have the authority to convene the kind of sovereign conference that can bring real change. If he tries it, he'll be defeated by the national assembly or trounced at the courts. At best, what we'll get is another very expensive show like we had in 2005.

There are plenty of simple, straight-forward, achievable things Jonathan can do to solve or at least reduce the ethnic problems in Nigeria. Yet rather than doing any of them,he is promising us pies in the sky.

The sad thing is most of our people are so thick that they'll swallow the bait again and vote for the clown in 2015.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by imotondo(m): 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Long overdue, Nigeria need to convene a SNC so that terms for our been a nation can be ironed out. also, this can make our politicians to sit up by giving way for heathy competitions amongst states. A welcomed development if you ask me.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by dokunbam(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
whatever
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by goodgood2(m): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
And Nigeria Cup of Nations (NCON), featuring Odua Republic, Arewa Republic, Biafra Republic, Niger Delta Republic, North Central Nigeria Republic (or whatever they choose to call their region) and Bokoristan Republic (formerly North East Nigeria)
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by oiseworld: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
I know one day we will get to the promise land. But truth be told a National Conference would indeed quicken our move to the promise land.

Things are not ok at all. We need to talk.
Igbo's been marginalized in every part of the country.
Northern elite too money and power greedy.
Every body lazing around and focusing on the Niger delta for oil.

Lets tell ourself the truth, Nigeria is not ok.
I support a SNC anytime any day, as long as it is peaceful and we speak our minds.

But I really won't be happy if it leads to a breakup of the country, and if that's the only way then, let it be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone / Solomon Arase Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.