Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,144 members, 7,852,906 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries (14341 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by mrgreen4real(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
One day they'll demand for pension
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by victorv12(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
The earlier our goverment attend to their issue, the better. It's not the state goverment that should compensate them, it's the federal government for a job well done. If the goverment doesn't meet their demands, they should just get themselves prepared for the worst. Because this group can easily stop assisting the military and work with the Boko Haram insurgency.

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Youngtekkey(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:
gbam! for real, these are the kind people i can say "come marry my sister for free"
who will marry that ur ugly sister abeg
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by digital55: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
We should be concentrating on a way forward for this country of ours not all these jargon...
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:

sorry if i have to called you daft, sure you deserved to be with the way you reasoning like this, where is your human emotional connection? do you think it's easy as you typing that crab? to cut to the chase, you need to be ban for saying this?
i'm sure you dont know that most of the islamic sects in asia were once armed by nations who think They're doing good...we can all see where it has led to now....what he said is pessimistic but There's more wisdom in what he posted than in your message.when arms get into the wrong hands what does it lead todo you think if this boko-haram saga comes to an end the government would be able to disarm all the so called civilian JTF??think before you type next time,please.

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
What is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander grin
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Isiterere(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I can't believe they aren't already being paid, considering the fact they're placing their lives on the line......and many have been killed already! If the Niger Delta militant is good for a monthly stipend of 60,000 naira, then these youths are good for something as well......their actions are more noble and selfless, and not driven by greed!

And besides paying them; when all this is over, the federal and state gov'ts should train all of them either up to university level or in a preferred skill acquisition!

I don't know why we're forced or begged to do the right thing in this country!?

Its high time all this nonsense should stop.
Why paying militant #60 000 par month (a f**l can call it stipend ) ?
Why must we always create bigger problem while trying to solve a problem?
If the government should start paying this CJTF, there is fire on the mountain,beside why paying the Nigeria police for all the negligence of duties they are known for (isn't it there duty to protect life and property?)
Only a f**l will call #60 000 been paid to the militant a stipend, cos NYSC serving member only entitle to #19800 par month.
Its high time the Government start paying the Unemployed Graduate,maybe 60 000 stipend as well #lmfao
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
They deserve to be paid,there are working harder than our Legislators who sit all day to pass bills that benefits their pockets-these guys are working harder,with their lives on the line.
Get valuable properties/Lands and accommodations in Lekki,Victoria Island,Ikoyi,VGC and the entire Lekki expressway axis.
We work directly with developers and Landlords to ensure you get best value for your money.Check out our listings on our site: http://distributenaija..com/2013/08/updated-properties-for-august-2013-in_30.html
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by mployer(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Baybe: Are you sure you are not one of my colleagues? tonguegringrin
I'm a Senior officer tongue
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by kelvinchristus(m): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Na so em dey start o. Smal smal we go begin dey hear anoda up-rising. God Bless 9ja.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by pearlcrim(f): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
cashkid18: Signs of end time
is it everything you guys attach to end time? Huh just wondering.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by ignis: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is just the beginning.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by daruffryder: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Atleast, they are courageous in the face of death. So, they should be encouraged.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Saintsquare(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
These people are doing a good job,a sensible government would train and employ them to maintain peace and order.The CJTF know all theses miscreants,and can be the best and duty bound to tackle boko haram,with the supervision of the army.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DonaldGenes(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
DankemzI: you make me blush #blaq man de blush?? Na lie# is she endowed?? Like Mercy Johnson (b4 giving birth o0...!) is she cute like Chaca Ike?? If yes am on my way to your kindred with ma kinsmen
Is konji worrying your blaque man Azz?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
m-ployer:
I'm a Senior officer tongue
Okay, you sweep V.I. That's where S. Os are assigned grin
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
leks-gcfr:
Asking for a stipend is not too much ,most especially when the efforts of the Government at the State and Federal level were barely noticed. However, caution must also be observed in the way these men carry their activities. The government should have adequate database of this organisation and closely monitor it incase it turns against its master. May peace be still in our land-Nigeria.

What do they need stipend for. Its there community and there responsibility to police it as well by giving out information. They are crooked for asking. Obviously they do not value the lost lives. This is an insult to their deceased fellows

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by gratiaeo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
End time tinz
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by daddymuna: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
supported, they should be paid salaries. despite the fact that they caused their problems, I suggest that they should be given 40, 000 per month.if not when they start their own , na big time bomb.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I can't believe they aren't already being paid, considering the fact they're placing their lives on the line......and many have been killed already! If the Niger Delta militant is good for a monthly stipend of 60,000 naira, then these youths are good for something as well......their actions are more noble and selfless, and not driven by greed!

And besides paying them; when all this is over, the federal and state gov'ts should train all of them either up to university level or in a preferred skill acquisition!

I don't know why we're forced or begged to do the right thing in this country!?
You do know that all ure encouraging is a future REBEL Group, right?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by CHIMSKY(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
abu12: Vigilantes popularly known as “Civilian JTF” yesterday appealed to the Borno Government to facilitate the payment of monthly allowances to them to encourage their activities.
Some of the members told the News Agency ofNigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that the gesture would boost their morale in ensure security in the state.
Mallam Adam Shitu, a member of the group in Gidan-Dambe, said he had to combine his vulcanising job with that of the vigilance service.
“Most often, I have to abandon my job to help in checking the activities of members of Boko Haram. But I must provide food to my family. Sometimes I have to beg friends or relatives to feed the family,” Shitu said.
“I think it is time for the state government to consider providing us with stipends to remain vigil on the road. Being a member of the group requires a lot of dedication, which means an individual must always be available to take care of emergencies. This is difficult when you still have to look for food.”
Mallam Usaini Uba, another member of the group in Ruwan Zafi, lamented that hunger hadchased many members away.
“At the beginning, we had large group of youths who are willing to work day and night, but as times goes on, they realised that they had to look for food.
“Most of them cannot afford to remain on the roads because they have families and other dependants to look after,’’ Uba said.
Simon Peter, a member of the group in Jiddari Polo, commended the state government for assisting them with logistics.
“The state government has been very supportive to us, government has on many occasions assisted us by hiring vehicles to convey our members on special assignment.
“But we believe government can do more by introducing monthly allowances to our members to enable us survive.’”
Reacting, Governor Kashim Shettima, said the government was planning to engage members of the group.
“It is part of our post-conflict management strategy to create jobs in public works and in construction as well as train others in vocational skills and agriculture,” he said.
The governor said those with the capacity to further their education would be sponsored, while others with limited skills would be supported to enhance their skills. Shettima alsosaid some of them would be employed as sanitation managers and neighbourhood watchdogs, while others would be engaged in tree planting campaign. (NAN)

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/4353-civilian-jtf-demands-monthly-salaries
Naija!Nothing goes for nothing.I lknew this 'civilian JTF" thing was leading up to something.Was wondering when Nigerians suddennly became so patriotic and volunteers.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Samunique(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
lonelydora: I knew it will get to this.no bi Naija we dey
They deserve it. Period!!!
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by badesco(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
if Their demands is made to the state only then it is justify to some extent but to federal it is not an issue for discussion.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Ama28(f): 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think they should be placed on skills and those already skilled should be assisted with working implements! Their services can be rotated so that they can have time to work for their family. I don't think placing them on monthly stipend is sustainable. What will they do tomorrow when the monthly cash stops coming?

Or they can present their spouse to be supported in order to sustain the family as they work.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Raymysterio(m): 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Na so crase dey start...
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DankemzI(m): 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
arcbabe: you are senseless,do you know how this same boko haram came into existence? society.
Am senseless right?? It's either ur brain is malfunctioning or it's in reverse gear.... Niger Delta militants are being paid.. Imagine dis scenario ur Father/Hubby is a bizness man, he's 4rm south western Nigeria residing there. A xtian group emerges preaching Jesus is against Men wearing trousers.... If u hesitate u're bombed & slaughtered lyk fowl, ur dad/hubby has already lost 5 xtended family members is biznes?? Crumbling. no customers 4 fear of attack, & ur dad/hubby is scared of loosing his immediate family...wife's, children, assests then a youth vigilante groups & fight this dudes! Ur dad/hubby 4 de betterment of his family,children,assets,bizness & enviroment @large joins de fyt abandoning his biznes. How will u feed? By begging?!... Govt. Pay em after mission is accomplished, govt. Absorb them into the system by disarming them getting their profiles,data,thumbprints etc & let them join any Nigerian forces of their choice shikena...

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Spray(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
abu12: Vigilantes popularly known as “Civilian JTF” yesterday appealed to the Borno Government to facilitate the payment of monthly allowances to them to encourage their activities.
Some of the members told the News Agency ofNigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that the gesture would boost their morale in ensure security in the state.
Mallam Adam Shitu, a member of the group in Gidan-Dambe, said he had to combine his vulcanising job with that of the vigilance service.
“Most often, I have to abandon my job to help in checking the activities of members of Boko Haram. But I must provide food to my family. Sometimes I have to beg friends or relatives to feed the family,” Shitu said.
“I think it is time for the state government to consider providing us with stipends to remain vigil on the road. Being a member of the group requires a lot of dedication, which means an individual must always be available to take care of emergencies. This is difficult when you still have to look for food.”
Mallam Usaini Uba, another member of the group in Ruwan Zafi, lamented that hunger hadchased many members away.
“At the beginning, we had large group of youths who are willing to work day and night, but as times goes on, they realised that they had to look for food.
“Most of them cannot afford to remain on the roads because they have families and other dependants to look after,’’ Uba said.
Simon Peter, a member of the group in Jiddari Polo, commended the state government for assisting them with logistics.
“The state government has been very supportive to us, government has on many occasions assisted us by hiring vehicles to convey our members on special assignment.
“But we believe government can do more by introducing monthly allowances to our members to enable us survive.’”
Reacting, Governor Kashim Shettima, said the government was planning to engage members of the group.
“It is part of our post-conflict management strategy to create jobs in public works and in construction as well as train others in vocational skills and agriculture,” he said.
The governor said those with the capacity to further their education would be sponsored, while others with limited skills would be supported to enhance their skills. Shettima alsosaid some of them would be employed as sanitation managers and neighbourhood watchdogs, while others would be engaged in tree planting campaign. (NAN)

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/4353-civilian-jtf-demands-monthly-salaries
make dem divide police salary giv dem na,, dnt realy knw wat police is doing in dis country,,
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Solowande(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
idupaul:

Exactly what I said months ago when this group reared its head in its unconstitutional role dubbed Civilian JTF .
Are they nt b paying u at where u work?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Solowande(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
nnanyereugo: D revolutn has strtd, 1st dey ask 4 salary, anoda rquest wil follow suit & wen all dia rquests r nt met, dem too will turn 2 a new factn of rights fighters. W r gradually groomn our new set of terrorists our selves. FG dont say dat i didnt warn u.
Are they nt b paying u at where u work?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by oge4real(f): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Saw this coming.
Nothing like voluntary service for naija.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by nke001: 6:26am On Aug 31, 2013
slap1: They deserve to be catered for. Afterall, some Niger Delta militants earn higher than L. G. A chairmen. These guys have guns, and guns give ideas to a broke illiterate.

wasted revenue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Considers Reduction of Costs, Merge MDAs Amid Shortfall In Revenue / Kolade Akinjo: Money Given To Delegates At Party Primaries, An Appetiser / Ministerial Nominee Jumps In Lagoon. Frustration Or African Juju At Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.