Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,852 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries (14304 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by abu12: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Vigilantes popularly known as “Civilian JTF” yesterday appealed to the Borno Government to facilitate the payment of monthly allowances to them to encourage their activities.
Some of the members told the News Agency ofNigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that the gesture would boost their morale in ensure security in the state.
Mallam Adam Shitu, a member of the group in Gidan-Dambe, said he had to combine his vulcanising job with that of the vigilance service.
“Most often, I have to abandon my job to help in checking the activities of members of Boko Haram. But I must provide food to my family. Sometimes I have to beg friends or relatives to feed the family,” Shitu said.
“I think it is time for the state government to consider providing us with stipends to remain vigil on the road. Being a member of the group requires a lot of dedication, which means an individual must always be available to take care of emergencies. This is difficult when you still have to look for food.”
Mallam Usaini Uba, another member of the group in Ruwan Zafi, lamented that hunger hadchased many members away.
“At the beginning, we had large group of youths who are willing to work day and night, but as times goes on, they realised that they had to look for food.
“Most of them cannot afford to remain on the roads because they have families and other dependants to look after,’’ Uba said.
Simon Peter, a member of the group in Jiddari Polo, commended the state government for assisting them with logistics.
“The state government has been very supportive to us, government has on many occasions assisted us by hiring vehicles to convey our members on special assignment.
“But we believe government can do more by introducing monthly allowances to our members to enable us survive.’”
Reacting, Governor Kashim Shettima, said the government was planning to engage members of the group.
“It is part of our post-conflict management strategy to create jobs in public works and in construction as well as train others in vocational skills and agriculture,” he said.
The governor said those with the capacity to further their education would be sponsored, while others with limited skills would be supported to enhance their skills. Shettima alsosaid some of them would be employed as sanitation managers and neighbourhood watchdogs, while others would be engaged in tree planting campaign. (NAN)

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/4353-civilian-jtf-demands-monthly-salaries
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by lonelydora: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2013
I knew it will get to this.no bi Naija we dey

First to comment agAin... Thanks to my wife for allowing me to use her BB. All glory be to God.

6 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DankemzI(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2013
Dem try joor, it's not easy leaving your bizness to work as a vigilante.... Borno govt. Abeg pay em

30 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by IGBOSON1: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2013
I can't believe they aren't already being paid, considering the fact they're placing their lives on the line......and many have been killed already! If the Niger Delta militant is good for a monthly stipend of 60,000 naira, then these youths are good for something as well......their actions are more noble and selfless, and not driven by greed!

And besides paying them; when all this is over, the federal and state gov'ts should train all of them either up to university level or in a preferred skill acquisition!

I don't know why we're forced or begged to do the right thing in this country!?

62 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by nnanyereugo(m): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2013
D revolutn has strtd, 1st dey ask 4 salary, anoda rquest wil follow suit & wen all dia rquests r nt met, dem too will turn 2 a new factn of rights fighters. W r gradually groomn our new set of terrorists our selves. FG dont say dat i didnt warn u.

16 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by idupaul: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2013
nnanyereugo: D revolutn has strtd, 1st dey ask 4 salary, anoda rquest wil follow suit & wen all dia rquests r nt met, dem too will turn 2 a new factn of rights fighters. W r gradually groomn our new set of terrorists our selves. FG dont say dat i didnt warn u.

Exactly what I said months ago when this group reared its head in its unconstitutional role dubbed Civilian JTF .

5 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by egift(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2013
I said it, anyway you look at it trouble will come out of this.
- Our government use and dump
- If they where effective in fighting crime, why not recruit them into the armed forces. Instead "civilians" are armed to go about killing other Nigerians.
- And some did not think it right to be paying these guys - what?

So we will start having "Civilan JTF vs JTF" and "Different Factions Of Civilian JTF".

4 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by leksgcfr(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Asking for a stipend is not too much,most especially when the efforts of the Government at the State and Federal level are barely noticed. However, caution must also be observed in the way these men carry their activities. The government should have adequate database of this organisation and closely monitor it in case it turns against its master. May peace be still in our land-Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by abu12: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Another militia in the making

Boys must get job anyhow

3 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by cashkid18(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Signs of end time

4 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Super1759: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2013
I knew it will come to this. just like vigilantee(Bakassi boys) started.
1ST, form a group to combact crime savaging the area, just like the "civilian jtf" did
2nd, govt recognises them,gives them backup,cars and weapons( same with the civilan jtf)
3rd, they enter pay roll of the state and the group turns to a terror group( soon coming)
4th, they are now causing havoc,collect bribes and punish the innocents outrageously(soon coming)
civilian jtf will turn to be another terror group in the near future....mark my owrds

5 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by sammy329(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2013
grin End time tinzz

3 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2013
They appealed not demanded.

And yes!

They should be appreciated

2 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by MeGaStReEt: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
Who employ them? I thought they were doing it voluntarily. Besides, they are doing it for their own safety and the safety of their environment. Na wa ooo

4 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by BlackPeni5: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
Hahahahaha...I knew it would come to this someday.

Using style to create employment for themselves.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
The FGs reaction to this News..

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Sunymoore(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2013
In albiahirs voice. I support
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2013
TIME TINS END..

UNSCRAMBLE

5 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by constance500: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2013
grin man must chop

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Eneze1(f): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2013
why shouldn't they be paid at least they are doing the job selflessly, I don't expect them to ask before they are being paid, just hope this won't turn into another naija delta militia
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by kennyonthrone(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2013
Lol i knew it wil kum 2 dis nothin goes 4 nothin u knww
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by profola2be(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2013
I know right from the onset that,the activities of the so called "Civilian JTF" will get to this level!
And if the government refuse to yield to their demand,they(civilian JTF) will turn their activities against their innocent community!

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by 3ace(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Una see our leaders? I knew it will get to this. And if Boko Haram had earlier embraced the amnesty, I'm sure FG would have been giving them billions of naira without hesitation. Why should dedicated and devoted men committed to ensuring peace in our land be begging for their right? Maybe they don't know that eradication of Boko Haram is for the benefit of all and not just Borno State. Apart from the hunger they are complaining about, what about the risk to their lives and family members? FG, please don't make these men regret ever joining the war against terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DonaldGenes(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2013
"But I must provide food to my family. Sometimes I have to beg friends or relatives to feed the family,” Shitu said."

this quote has got me weeping, common sense should have appeal to the federal Govt to pay these unsung heroes,
i feel like crying!
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2013
Me nko wey dey sweep road every morning. Government suppose pay me o tonguegringrin
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Built2last: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2013
another aggressive group in the making. a fraternity has been formed...in few years they will have a common interest..and we are back to square one.

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by slap1(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2013
They deserve to be catered for. Afterall, some Niger Delta militants earn higher than L. G. A chairmen. These guys have guns, and guns give ideas to a broke illiterate.
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DonaldGenes(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2013
lonelydora: I knew it will get to this.no bi Naija we dey

sorry if i have to called you daft, sure you deserved to be with the way you reasoning like this, where is your human emotional connection? do you think it's easy as you typing that crab? to cut to the chase, you need to be ban for saying this?
Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by Kslib(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2013
The title of this thread is mis-leading...
The "demands" used in the title made it look like a forceful request..
I think "begs" should be the right word..
##just saying##
All izz well!

5 Likes

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by DonaldGenes(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2013
DankemzI: Dem try joor, it's not easy leaving your bizness to work as a vigilante.... Borno govt. Abeg pay em
gbam! for real, these are the kind people i can say "come marry my sister for free"

1 Like

Re: ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries by knockturnal(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2013
Laff wan kill me die!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APGA Appoints Obiano As National Leader And Chair Of Bot / Ex-SFG Aminu Saleh Is Dead / Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.