Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? (15824 Views)

Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. / NAF Has Only One Serviceable Aircraft For Training’ (2) (3) (4)

Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
AMCON Offers Otedola’s Aircraft for Sale

Indications have emerged that the Asset Management Corporation of the Nigeria (AMCON) has offered the private aircraft it took over from the Chairman of Forte Oil Plc, Mr. Femi Otedola, for sale.
The aircraft, a Bombardier Challenger 605, was put up for sale following Otedola’s transfer of his assets to AMCON as settlement of his indebtedness to AMCON.

Following the assumption of Otedola debts from the banks, AMCON went into negotiations with the Forte Oil chairman in a debt payment deal that involved the transfer of his assets, including the aircraft, as full and final payment for the debts.
Investigations revealed that the price tag placed on the aircraft by AMCON is between $45 to $50 million.

The aircraft, THISDAY gathered, was flown in June this year and parked at the local wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Ikeja.
Sources, who confirmed to THISDAY the state of the aircraft, said it is a 2013 manufactured business jet with two General Electric CF34-3B turbofan engines; one Honeywell 36-150(CL) gas turbine APC and imported to the country in June.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had in a move aimed at strengthening financial stability and instilling discipline in the banking sector last year, blacklisted Otedola, Zenon and 112 other companies as well as their principal shareholders and directors where the outstanding value of the loans purchased by AMCON amounted to N5 billion or more, and barred them from taking further credit from banks, until full liquidation of the agreed indebtedness.

The list had revealed Otedola as the biggest debtor to the corporation from a total bank loans of N192, 422,889,943.56, which was offset by the businessman at an agreed price of N140, 999,620,395.80.

Source
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by amiskurie(m): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2013
ook lemme check my account balance!

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Longeria(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Oooh yeah, sophisticated region. Baba Suwe, sophisticated drug baron, BABAFEMI sophisticated terrorist, Otedola, sophisticated thief.

Next topic.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2013
Gas turbine APC?
This APC people sef. Nawaooo!
Oya Tinubu and Buhari over to you

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by NaijaFlow: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
Omoh See debt. Na few Nigerian men de hold this country from moving forward

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by AkinDavid2: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

AMCON Offers Otedola’s Aircraft for Sale

The list had revealed Otedola as the biggest debtor to the corporation from a total bank loans of N192, 422,889,943.56, which was offset by the businessman at an agreed price of N140, 999,620,395.80.

An approximate Net of N51.4B just like that, or what am i seeing? What about the Time value of money? How come N51.4B becomes a bad debt..Many questions with no visible answers.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by kufre2010(m): 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
this na small one na for our GO's make them put the advert for church.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by israel007: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
My pastor needs this o. Let me flash him

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by awodman: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Maybe with a picture of the jet you will begin to save up some cash cool

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Adex097: 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pls , I wanna buy the jet.
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by alabosian(m): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
Chicken change
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by zeelo2014: 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
$50m for the the bombardier jet? How much last? Its tokunboh na infact naija used. where is Yuzedo?
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by koolet: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
Longeria: Oooh yeah, sophisticated region. Baba Suwe, sophisticated drug baron, BABAFEMI sophisticated terrorist, Otedola, sophisticated thief.

Next topic.
and U??

Sophiticated Nairalander

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by timbersuccess(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
meeehn na nigerian dis debtor be?? hop dy would nt use ASUU's rejectd offer to settle AMCOS on his behalf? Hahahaha unversty my foot
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by whisper88(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
End time tinz
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
N192, 422,889,943.56

Total amount he borrowed, One hundred and Ninety two Billion, four hundred and twenty two million eight hundred and eighty nine thousand nine hundred and forty three Naira, fifty six Kobo..? abeg Nigeria still dey use kobo..?

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by mcevans1(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2013

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Dee60: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
More to come....All these funny comedians and nollywood people and singers rushing to buy Rolls Royce, Amcon is watching....
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by hrmkz: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
Am buying this jet for real.
Amcon borrow me money abeg.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by netbrilliance(m): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is my jet
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by LilBRightTMc(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
How's that my problem? undecidedHow's that my problem?
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by yuzedo: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
dis boy is a this-grace to all oda banana iceland's bilonnaries! angry angry

17 Likes

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by ifeelgood: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
I need the side-mirrow.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by EKOBIZ: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
I am interested. Will come over to check the engine with my mechanic and my chief pilot,let me call my chief pilot Gov. Suntai to come and test drive it,oh Amcon you need to wait till he fully recover and settle out issues with his cabinet.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by 3ace(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
So if Sanusi no expose all dis guys now, na all dis moni dem for chop and clean mouth. After dem go com dey claim say na dia business ingenuity mak dem financially successful.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Abyjah: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
African Traditional Jet is cheaper with low cost of maintenance.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Ninilowo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
Going........going........GUN! Pau!

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Fantacy1(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Wat is dis Private Jet madness all about in dis country. FG shud pls ban d use of private jet in dis country no mata who is involved appart from d Presidential jet. All dis jet moni can turn our economy around. Hw can sm1 in such a huge debt go and buy 2013 manufactured private Jet? Fool

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by jmoore(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
Give it to my Alaoji boys in Aba, so you can sell it in parts smiley

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Raphvizzy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
I nid buy this jet ma ear don too full of much moni
Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by 3ace(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
fantacy1: Hw can sm1 in such a huge debt go and buy 2013 manufactured private Jet?
Maybe he was still hoping that the exposure of his indebtedness will soon be swept under the carpet. You know Nigerian factor na.

Re: Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? by Caracta(f): 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
He'll still borrow money to buy another one even after the sale of this aircraft. Funny country cheesy

Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum / Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! / Salihu Lukman: APC Members Are Angry About Femi Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC