Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians (31665 Views)

List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Oildichotomy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
henryugo: Big lie.. I no see dangote wife in that pix..or is he not succesful man undecided
POLITICIANS WIVEs... I might agree with you though...that guy is a biz politician of some sort
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
They should all go back to the kitchen and bedroom. cool they are only mere extensions of their husbands thieving tool.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by gunners160(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Kai nl bad ooo wit all dis lng note wey d op write nobody fit give ham just 1 like atleast 2 tell ham well done.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by mu2sa2: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
Since Dame Patience is finding the English language too difficult to master she should adopt pidgin like chief zebrudaya and Baba sala. After all she is a jester too.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
Wetin concern me?

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by crazygod(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Lmao @ op. Did u say patience jona is a women and children rights activist? Now I've read everything. Besides, this thread aint even front page worthy. Olodo moderator.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by omonla555: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
RUBBISH POST
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Burger01(m): 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
What am i supposed to do with this Would this bring down Arik airfare from Lagos to Boston

angry
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Chiscomax(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
henryugo: Big lie.. I no see dangote wife in that pix..or is he not succesful man undecided
since when did dangote become a politician?enlighten me please
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by 2ndChance: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
Of what use is this topic or are you showcasing their faces for kidnapping?
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by mu2sa2: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
deols: They have not stopped them from being corrupt..

And David Mark has four wives shocked shocked I thought he was a Christian undecided
David Mark has never been cited by Christian priests for polygamy extraordinaire. Has he "shut their mouth"?
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by UjSizzle(f): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
Patience looks beautiful smiley
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by mu2sa2: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
deols: They have not stopped them from being corrupt..

And David Mark has four wives shocked shocked I thought he was a Christian undecided
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Inoknowbook: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
naija_swag:

Is fluency in english intelligence and brilliance. The best programmers in world now are Chinese and Russians. Able to hack into any computer system in the world - white house,nsa, cia, fbi- name them. Faster than standard computing speed by millions of times in their programs. They don't know a damned single english. They speak chinese and russian. Does that mean that they are not educated?

Nigerians can be useless. Placing premium on inconsequential matters.

So, the ability to hack into computer systems makes you a good programmer? I seriously doubt that you know what it entails to be a programmer. Please it takes more than hacking into a computer system to be a very skillful programmer, otherwise, the so called Chinese and Russian hackers would have been developing programs instead of hacking computers. The last time I checked, most of the successful programs being used today were developed by programmers in the US and Europe. So, please stop making spurious arguments, even though I agree with you that fluency in English does not connote 'intelligence' and 'brilliance'.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by funken: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Last i checked, the major coding languages syntax is purely in English. So even if these guys want to code, they will have to learn the coding language syntax...which is in English grin
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by sage2(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
OP, please tag those pics to enable us know who is who. Besides Dame Patience(Because she is the 1st Lady), Mrs Tinubu(Because ama Lag boy) & Bianca(Because she is my aspiring mother in-law), I no fit talk who be who o.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Christine01(f): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
How does this affect the price of Ijebu garri in the market? #teamIjebuGarri
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by slimfit1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Odili would have been a president thank God for her sha.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by nedu2000(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
DerideGull: What has a degree in biology got to do with being fluent in grammar or rhetoric?
its 'cause english is the language of communication,the lecturer uses english to transfer information,so it matters

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Enkaynwa(f): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Beaf!:

English language is our official language. It is used as a medium of instruction from Kindergarten up to University level in Nigeria and Dame studied in a Nigerian University. Unless you want to tell us that Dame was taught in her Okirika language cheesy

Your reference to Chinese people is nonsense. Last I checked computer programmes are designed in different languages, Chinese inclusive.

Dame has been FirstLady since when her husband was a deputy governor/governor in Bayelsa. Even if she was too slow to learn good English in school, she should have atleast tried to master by now since she became a public figure occupying "Office of the First Lady". There is no Excuse at all.
some individuals are not fluent in speaking english but write correctly.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by sultanemerald(m): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
naija_swag:

Is fluency in english intelligence and brilliance. The best programmers in world now are Chinese and Russians. Able to hack into any computer system in the world - white house,nsa, cia, fbi- name them. Faster than standard computing speed by millions of times in their programs. They don't know a damned single english. They speak chinese and russian. Does that mean that they are not educated?

dude stop the long grammar. russian and chinese are official languages in those countries.

where as back home in Nigeria, our official language is the english language. which mean we often measure intelligence based on a nigerian's ability to communicate up to a certain level especially when the person in question claims to have attained a higher level degree like a Bachelor of Science or bachelor of arts.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by drdams: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bro, wot is our Lingue franca?

N wot is d lingua franca of these programmers...

Ur yardstick is baseless..

She was taught in English!! Nt Chinese nor Russia.
Rem dat these countries use their indigenous language formally.

Naija is multi lingua, hence we r 2 av 1 cmon language for effective communication.
naija_swag:

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by SmashingM(f): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
prem love: we 're good at defending the upper class, however thought is not her mother tongue she should be fluent in it after all she pass through the university and not the other way round. Don't tel me that a doctorate degree holder is not fluent in queen's english and you dont see any thing wrong in it

grin @ the highlighted and the last part of the sentence!
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by nkemKalu: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL MAN, THERE IS A WOMAN? ABI?........THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT A WOMAN MUST HELP A MAN TO SUCCEED. IT ONLY MEANS, THAT ANY TIME A MAN SUCCEEDS, EITHER BY ACCIDENT OR DESIGN, THERE MUST BE A WOMAN STANDING BY TO EAT THE MONEY ( OR THE FRUIT OF UR LABOUR)...........HAHAHAHAHA. IF U AGREE, HIT 'LIKE'
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by EdidemOluomo: 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
naija_swag:

I am disappointed at you. Check out where the top coders are emerging from in the last 10 years. No US, not UK, they don't speak english. They are from Russia and China.

And ?
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by Immatex(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
If there's a woman to be celebrated here, then Her Lord Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Justice (Mrs) Mary Odili must be that woman. She's a brilliant and dedicated career woman who has used her legal career to keep her husband away from jail-that to me is her biggest achievement. This she achieved owing to her deep love for her husband, Sir (Dr.) Peter Odili, a man she met way back at UNN when they were both students of law and medicine respectively. It is no mean feat to be a judge of the Supreme court of Nigerian and so Her Lord Justice (Mrs) Mary Odili, she is Nigerian's most powerfully lady of living times.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by TippyTop(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
When George Bush was president he also had problem communicating in English and English is his first language. Navigate to youtube and see how difficult communication and logic was to the man.
Its only nonentities who beat their chest to announce they speak a foreign language more than the natives.

Was she a good biologist? This is the only way to judge her brilliance and not how well she spoke English.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by tpia5: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Well, its good nigeria has enough money to maintain any number of wives, even if na 50 wives per individual, there's enough funds in the national purse for such exigencies.

Everybody cant be poor,
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by plendil: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
deols:

typical Idoma man grin

their dyks no dey tire. ask tubaba if you doubt. grin grin grin
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by shynbritly: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Where is first Lady of Akwa Ibom. As for as I'm concerned, her pix shud be der joor.
Re: Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians by plendil: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
Tippy Top: When George Bush was president he also had problem communicating in English and English is his first language. Navigate to youtube and see how difficult communication and logic was to the man.
Its only nonentities who beat their chest to announce they speak a foreign language more than the natives.

Was she a good biologist? This is the only way to judge her brilliance and not how well she spoke English.

George Bush certainly had his fair share of grammatical infelicities, 'Bushisms' as they became known, but they were not nearly as egregious as that of Patience.

BTW, just how is she to communicate her brilliance of biology? By speaking Igbo or Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rey Siakpere Sentenced To Life In Prison For Raping And Impregnating 14-Year-Old / Akin Alabi: LP Won’t Get 15 Votes, Party Is Online Content / Senators Threaten To Impeach Buhari Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.