Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP (23379 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Is Your Brand A Nun In A Mini Skirt Or A Thug In A 3 Piece Suit? - Art, Graphics / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
BabaAlabi: It's the CNN advert of that creepy afro guy that's killing UBA....He is scaring potential customers.
that advert de disgrace nigeria ..and dem no gree remove am (first to comment on new page)
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by 49cents(m): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
my first time to comment that i'm second to comment grin

Mehn have ported to Stanbic after trying fpr 12 weeks to activate their internet banking service......i gave up!
Then their is the long qeues and bland customer service
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by habiolah(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
I never opened a UBA acct because I saw first hand the kind of horrors that made quite a number of their customers that I knew witnessed - most of their accounts have since been left dormant as they have simply ported out.
Na so UBA wan dey do dem business now oga. You no like am? Port!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Ivyqueen(f): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
I still like the though! shocked
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by kenlash1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
I actually entered a branch in jalingo , Lo nd behold they were using standing fan, damn I hated d bnk dt day

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by mintyx(m): 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
Abeg im still interested in the pounds sterling i was seeing in this post. OP abeg spin me some yarns nah make i dey follow you cash pounds small now lol. ugomaxie@hotmail.com
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
kenlash1: I actually entered a branch in jalingo , Lo nd behold they were using standing fan, damn I hated d bnk dt day
#dies
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by oseiwe(m): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
@OP,
Pls, can u get me the account officer's name too. I would like to know hear their response concerning this service failure.

Thank you for bringing this to light, we are working very hard to resolve customer service issues.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Okemm(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
i quite agree with u..that UBA is facing lots of problem..that has either left their customer service unproductive or not performing;
imagine a special loan called (No wahala loan-Revolving loan) meant for those who operates salary account with UBA.

Years back these service is fully operational.. even with Its most hash condition of absolute total deduction in the preceding months...but its observed that in the past 4 months or so absolutely refused offering the service again without any excuse or official information cascaded to its esteem customers and not minding the effects of discontinuing the service..As it stand today a form i processed for over 4 months is still not attended to..and no one has anything to tell much.

UBA...Whats wrong
while are your services degenerating...
someone has to explain all these

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
UBA brand is dying? You don't know what you are talking about!

3 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Reference(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Been receiving a steady stream of woes ever since they were STB. The picture painted was one of smart-pants seeking to fleece their customers who blinked and I could never summon the courage to jump in.

But believe me the experiences of the poster read like everyday business in most banks. I've had rows in all the banks where I operate. Sometimes you feel you need that initial bust up to set things straight and lay down a marker of service expectation. Just like new marraiges.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by PastorAji(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
What about WEMA
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by 49cents(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
the powers that have ripped these thread from FP
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by seedsower(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
most of Their ATM machines are suckers, one withheld my cash for almost 3months. Until i sent viral messages to their yeye head office, efcc websites, cbn name it. Then i started getting calls from some fraud unit that helped me out. Since then, i always tell whoever that cares to listen. STAY AWAY FROM UBA rickety ATM MACHINES, THEIR SMS ALERT IS A SCAM!!!! THE ONLY PERSON THAT WILL ARGUE WHAT AM SAYING IS THE PERSON THAT HAS NOT OPEN ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW BANKS OPERATES
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nokio1: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
elumelu left with all the whole money.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by dabrake(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
My mum got a loan of 800k from them sometime around 2009 with an interest of (24 +/- 2)%. What annoyed me was that they did not tell her anything about load servicing/maintenance but at the end of the first 12 months, they deducted 100k. When my mum stormed, the bank, they saifd it was for loan maintenance. Simple communication, UBA lacked it.
In summary, after paying the 800k and the extra 22-26%, she paid an extra 300k(the loan spanned 36 months).

I hate UBA with a passion. I rather save my money in a 'kom-kom'

7 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by playstation: 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
mentioning the names of your sites and blogs but you wont want to mention the name of the other bank so that nairalanders will not hack into your account abi (Pure marketing you just did about your sites, na today wey UBA dey as it is now?....na kwa echecky...just the think ooo grin Blog marketer. cheesy abeg make i eat my cucumber joor.

2 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yfirstson(m): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
speedyboi: UBA brand is dying? You don't know what you are talking about!

I know what he's talking about and I know you are the one deceiving yourself. The brand is dead. EOD!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by DATMAT(m): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
@Op, I feel your pain, however UBA is still among the best bank in Africa, I can help you log ur complain to the appropriate channels if ur permission is granted,
Also be aware that there are rules and regulation in opening any account for such account due diligence has to be taken, proper KYC has to be done,for reference from other banks the banks has to Verify the References you provided and then reply UBA this takes time at times, all dis is done to prevent money laundering, and other vices. send this complain to
Datmat4u@yahoo.com, I will help u log it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by socrateez(m): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
I had to abandon my account with UBA because of their poor service. I had an account with STB also in Minna before it became UBA. Its obvious the bank has lost its focus probably because they have enough customers. I issues a check to a colleague and when he tried to cash it, I was contacted to confirm it which I did promptly. For three hours my friend was waiting in the banking hall for cash. When he called me I had to call the bank and I was told they were waiting for my account officer to confirm the check. UBA makes simple banking operation so cumbersome and frustrating. I've tried to use thei AM and found the same problem. Try the ATM on Awolwo way, close to Shoprite in Ikeja. you will be lucky to be able to retrieve your card after inserting it. The truth is UBA needs to wake up.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by sleekysol(m): 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
First of all I would want you to understand some basic facts, UBA isn't the problem as a matter of fact what u experienced was unfortunate because you dint get the full picture. CBN policies on account opening has become overbearing. UBA did their best to service you by opening the account but putting it on debit freeze. Your refrees were actually the issue most likely from another bank which could take 6months at serious cases to get back but thankfully banks have E-referencing now which will shorten the time for that. You need understand that CBN has a lot of policies and banks that fail will be sanctioned hence the reason for the supposed service failure here. Am talking on a general note because truth is am not a UBA staff but if you walked into any other bank you probably might find same challnge in getting your dorm account opened. Please Nlanders let's seek knowledge before condemning so much is happening around us that we take for granted but later get agrieved at.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by PHIPEX(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
I abandoned my UBA account some years ago because of unexplained deductions. Another bank that needs to watch it is GTB, their once brilliant customer service is dropping by day.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by theoctopus: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
It makes me laugh when people come on here and praise GTB. They are the worst bank right now. I cant imagine waiting in that their market square banking halls. I always reject a GTB cheque if I can. UBA right now is 10 times better than GTB. The problem with many commenting here is that they are students and are captivated by the nice colours of orange and ash. GTB is students bank. They are like MTN. They do a lot of promo and hype and make a lot of noise, but they are terrible as far as customers service and innovation is concerned. Even MTN has improved now, but GTB is just getting worse. They are the only bank right now where you can spend up to 2 hours in the queue. There are banks that do twice more than GTB and dont even make a single noise about it. When First bank started the cash collecting ATMs, they didnt even advertise it. Only their customers were aware and were using it for several months before other banks like GTB even thought of it.

The best banks are still, First Bank, Zenith, UBA, FCMB, Standard Chattered and fast rising Diamond bank.

4 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
seedsower: most of Their ATM machines are suckers, one withheld my cash for almost 3months. Until i sent viral messages to their yeye head office, efcc websites, cbn name it. Then i started getting calls from some fraud unit that helped me out. Since then, i always tell whoever that cares to listen. STAY AWAY FROM UBA rickety ATM MACHINES, THEIR SMS ALERT IS A SCAM!!!! THE ONLY PERSON THAT WILL ARGUE WHAT AM SAYING IS THE PERSON THAT HAS NOT OPEN ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW BANKS OPERATES

Speak for yourself bro. I have an account with UBA, their ATMs work perfectly, their sms alert's instant. I even receive both ways, through my email and via sms. Prompt! Just because the ATM in your area doesnt work gives you no right to generalize. Its your own experience, so speak for yourself..

2 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by theoctopus: 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Jayeris:

Speak for yourself bro. I have an account with UBA, their ATMs work perfectly, their sms alert's instant. I even receive both ways, through my email and via sms. Prompt! Just because the ATM in your area doesnt work gives you no right to generalize. Its your own experience, so speak for yourself..

UBA has many old ATMs but their online banking is about the best right now. Zenith online banking is crap. Their website is horrible and doesnt work. The customer service is also crap. UBA web portal is the best I have used so far. It has no esthetics but works perfectly. You really dont need much esthetics on a banks website. Just good functionality

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by kunlesehan(m): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
BabaAlabi: It's the CNN advert of that creepy afro guy that's killing UBA....He is scaring potential customers.

hahaha ... so true. i always watch that advert with a frown.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ op sorry about that,I hate when such happen but me I scream at them and that makes them answer me fast. I hate taking such rubbish from bankers. Tony has left now UBA is in sham
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Adeone: 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
UBA is simply USELESS BANK of AFRICA
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by dabrake(m): 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
theoctopus: It makes me laugh when people come on here and praise GTB. They are the worst bank right now. I cant imagine waiting in that their market square banking halls. I always reject a GTB cheque if I can. UBA right now is 10 times better than GTB. The problem with many commenting here is that they are students and are captivated by the nice colours of orange and ash. GTB is students bank. They are like MTN. They do a lot of promo and hype and make a lot of noise, but they are terrible as far as customers service and innovation is concerned. Even MTN has improved now, but GTB is just getting worse. They are the only bank right now where you can spend up to 2 hours in the queue. There are banks that do twice more than GTB and dont even make a single noise about it. When First bank started the cash collecting ATMs, they didnt even advertise it. Only their customers were aware and were using it for several months before other banks like GTB even thought of it.

The best banks are still, First Bank, Zenith, UBA, FCMB, Standard Chattered and fast rising Diamond bank.
Have you banked with FIRST BANK before?

Dude, I have used First bank, Access bank, diamond bank, Eco bank, Bank PHB and the retarded UBA. Aside the demerits of their inadequate server intensity, it happens to be one of Nigeria's finest bank. The queue in First bank is worse. The time you will spend on their queue is enough to watch a complete champions league football match.

3 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
UBA is the exact opposite of peace of mind,had a terrible experience with them in 2009.
My GTB has grown from strength to strength,becoming a global bank in the process.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
theoctopus: It makes me laugh when people come on here and praise GTB. They are the worst bank right now. I cant imagine waiting in that their market square banking halls. I always reject a GTB cheque if I can. UBA right now is 10 times better than GTB. The problem with many commenting here is that they are students and are captivated by the nice colours of orange and ash. GTB is students bank. They are like MTN. They do a lot of promo and hype and make a lot of noise, but they are terrible as far as customers service and innovation is concerned. Even MTN has improved now, but GTB is just getting worse. They are the only bank right now where you can spend up to 2 hours in the queue. There are banks that do twice more than GTB and dont even make a single noise about it. When First bank started the cash collecting ATMs, they didnt even advertise it. Only their customers were aware and were using it for several months before other banks like GTB even thought of it.

FCMB,UBA and Zenith the best banks?
This must be a fairy tale,I had horrible experience with Zenith the few times I was at their 1st Ave. Festac branch to carryout transactions.
UBA is as worst as Union Bank with their ugly mannerless staffs,especially their customer care attendants.
I have never had a reason to spend more than 30mins inside GTB,they have been more than satisfactory in the seven years I have been banking with them after dumping First Bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business / How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking / BREAKING: Supreme Court Orders Akingbola To Face His N5bn Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.