Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP (23386 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Is Your Brand A Nun In A Mini Skirt Or A Thug In A 3 Piece Suit? - Art, Graphics / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2013
bassdow: if i tell u my own experience haha, u go laff tire. I wanted to transfer my fixed deposit from Ecobank cos i was formally banking with zenith, Oceanic and first Bank. I have never liked Ecobank for no just reason so when Oceanic Bank became Ecobank, i first emptied my savings with them by transfering it to a new account @ UBA and i happened to be the type of person who always knows his exact account balance.
So when i put the money in UBA, i learnt that banks pays interest and i dont use ATM so i was surprised when my Account balance keeps going low by 10 naira every month with no increase.
If i should tell u d stress i passed through b4 i was able to open that account, u go pity. It got to a point where i was asking myself if i was being controlled. Well i need more advices so i know wether to fix my money with them go put it in Zenith.

You are funny grin
May be you are charged for sms Alert, you can fix your money with UBA, the rates are ok
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2013
dabrake:
Union bank annoys me a lot. Imagine one of the women at the counter telling me "my son, don't you have respect for your elders? Can you tell your mother to deposit money for you against her wish?"

I was like "You're kidding me, right?"
I wonder why they brought the typical Ile-Ife tradition-esque people into banking institutions without proper re-orientations.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2013
dabrake:
Union bank annoys me a lot. Imagine one of the women at the counter telling me "my son, don't you have respect for your elders? Can you tell your mother to deposit money for you against her wish?"

I was like "You're kidding me, right?"
I wonder why they brought the typical Ile-Ife tradition-esque people into banking institutions without proper re-orientations.
LMAO
UBA get hope pass Union Bank sha.
Even aged pensioners are running away from Union Bank,their staffs are mannerless and abusive.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2013
saintneo: @op.....ukcars
Please I need info on the elance stuffs, respond to my PM. Or drop an email to contact you.
You no dey take ear hear pounds,haba chill na.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2013
here is my email: talking2itoro AT yahoo.com , hope this issue can be resolved
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yungboss(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2013
dabrake: My mum got a loan of 800k from them sometime around 2009 with an interest of (24 +/- 2)%. What annoyed me was that they did not tell her anything about load servicing/maintenance but at the end of the first 12 months, they deducted 100k. When my mum stormed, the bank, they saifd it was for loan maintenance. Simple communication, UBA lacked it.
In summary, after paying the 800k and the extra 22-26%, she paid an extra 300k(the loan spanned 36 months).

I hate UBA with a passion. I rather save my money in a 'kom-kom'
most of you are so ignorant...e.g YOU. Your mom should have read her offer, it was communicated in writing, 2% management fee ANNUALLY of the outstanding balance of your loan....or you guys don't read what you are given?

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tinyemeka(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2013
nwawuweneonye: First of all, UBA head office is 57 Marina and not 54. Most times. Poor service is indiviidual thing rather than brand or the bank in itself. This may as well happen in any other bank in Nigeria. Confirmation of reference b4 account opening has nothing to do with contacting the referee. All that is done is to. Take the copy of the reference to. The bank and confirm the suitability of the referee. There's no provision made for the phn nos of d referee let alone calling. There's what is called initial acct opening balance which varies frm currency to currency, for pounds, its 70 while dollars is 100. A new acct be it Naira denominated or foreign currency is not suppose to be opened using cheque deposit alone. This is CBN regulation. Most banks by pass certain regulations but whn the chips are down, u wouldn't knw whn d CBN hammer falls on them for such by pass. From ur naarration, it is though more of knowlegde gap on the part of the officer that attented to u rather than the banks mode of operation.
Your statement that CBN prohibits opening of accounts using cheque deposits; I'd like to see a copy of that policy.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tinyemeka(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2013
yungboss:
most of you are so ignorant...e.g YOU. Your mom should have read her offer, it was communicated in writing, 2% management fee ANNUALLY of the outstanding balance of your loan....or you guys don't read what you are given?

What's 2% of 800, 000? undecided

3 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by nasonaso: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2013
sleekysol: First of all I would want you to understand some basic facts, UBA isn't the problem as a matter of fact what u experienced was unfortunate because you dint get the full picture. CBN policies on account opening has become overbearing. UBA did their best to service you by opening the account but putting it on debit freeze. Your refrees were actually the issue most likely from another bank which could take 6months at serious cases to get back but thankfully banks have E-referencing now which will shorten the time for that. You need understand that CBN has a lot of policies and banks that fail will be sanctioned hence the reason for the supposed service failure here. Am talking on a general note because truth is am not a UBA staff but if you walked into any other bank you probably might find same challnge in getting your dorm account opened. Please Nlanders let's seek knowledge before condemning so much is happening around us that we take for granted but later get agrieved at.

close your mouth uba is the worst bank ever stealing my money everytime
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by oseiwe(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2013
eluquenson: @OP,
Your account is pending approval of one of your reference which account is domicile at GTBank
Your account name has been corrected & right now your account is . Just contact your pending reference to respond asap
Chairman,
I would like those involved in this to get some kind of caution, the customer does not have to contact his reference, that is no his beat. Why should an account officer not ensure due diligence on a dom acct?
Someone should take a hit for dis failure.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by oseiwe(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
ukcars: here is my email: talking2itoro AT yahoo.com , hope this issue can be resolved
I'll send u a mail later regarding this issue.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by gbishman: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
whats killing their brand is lack of training of their staff and more so their outdated IT support systems. They should borrow suit from GTB.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
oseiwe:
Chairman,
I would like those involved in this to get some kind of caution, the customer does not have to contact his reference, that is no his beat. Why should an account officer not ensure due diligence on a dom acct?
Someone should take a hit for dis failure.

Account officer in UBA has already sent a memo to GTB, it is left for GTB to do their homework as they are yet to confirm status, if he has used UBA reference, they wouldn't have been any issue of reference confirmation.
@Oseiwe, I don't think you understand the rudiments of reference confirmation.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by saintneo(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Post no longer necessary
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by tnktosin(m): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
If you don't like the bank leave. It's as simple as that. I operate GTB, Zenith and First bank but I can never and will never bank with UBA. Yuck. Customer service is minus.
On their loan issues, last year my mum had to take a Union bank loan to offset her UBA loan cos they were killing her with some maintenance fees of some sort.
You have a choice, stay if you enjoy the service, leave/endure if you don't.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by oseiwe(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
eluquenson:

Account officer in UBA has already sent a memo to GTB, it is left for GTB to do their homework as they are yet to confirm status, if he has used UBA reference, they wouldn't have been any issue of reference confirmation.
@Oseiwe, I don't think you understand the rudiments of reference confirmation.
Pls read my post very well.
U wrote dat d customer shld contact his reference, which is wrong.
Some acct officers do help to speed up d process by going to d reference banks by diaselves.
Why wld an acct officer open a dom acct witout exercising due diligence? He doesn't even knw d customer.
An acct ran on zero balance and d BOM says dat cheque can't be paid in? Knowledge gap.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Ralphlauren(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
UBA has always been sh1t

i once had an account with them and they would deduct charges for withdrawing from a branch different from the branch i originally opened my account.

so for example, if i opened my savings account at 5, adeola street branch and I go to the 10, adeola street branch to withdraw money(so matter how small), they would deduct charges. i think it was 100 naira or so then.

meanwhile, no other bank at the time was doing this. Firstbank, FCMB, GTB and even Union Bank didnt do it.

I closed down my account with them and I have never looked back since then.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yungboss(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tinyemeka:

What's 2% of 800, 000? undecided
2% of THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE, not on the N800,000...at the time the deduction was made, the loan would have reduced from N800k.
Find out what the balance was, then do the maths...it is stated in the offer letter, on the conditions precedent to drawdown of the facility.
''Management fee: 2% annually in advance''
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
oseiwe:
Some acct officers do help to speed up d process by going to d reference banks by diaselves.
Why wld an acct officer open a dom acct witout exercising due diligence? He doesn't even knw d customer.
An acct ran on zero balance and d BOM says dat cheque can't be paid in? Knowledge gap.

"Knowledge gap" really? That's not the case, have u been debited on another bank atm before, if so do you think the bank atm used will go to the bank you have your account on daily basis that you are yet to be reimbursed, they will only send to your bank h/office,then you will be the one to facilitate it, my dear brother, its not done like that in this country to be candid.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by dabrake(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
yungboss:
Some people think because they are in a 'faceless' forum, they can abuse whoever they want to, thinking it is cool. How come you know we didn't read the literature on the booklet? Dude, you will see no such thing in that booklet(except they've, of recent, introduced it). By the way, does it make sense to you that after borrowing 800k, you will end up paying over 1.5M?

Or do you think someone will collect such loan if They indicate it explicitly that they will deduct 12.5% of the lent money annually for to 'service'/'maintain' the loan?

By the way, what is there to service? Is the money an electro-mechanical device?
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by neio: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
na wa o..all these negativity are strange to me; recently opened an account with them after much reluctance but thus far, I've been more than satisfied. I think its a branch problem!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Lakotai(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
WICkedNESs! Dirtiness!

Yesterday rain was fallin, I ran to the UbA at oyin jola yemi street victoria island to take shelter with a uBA security on getin there I saw one woman about 50 something years trying to hide from the rain for the main time. But a uBa staff and the security man drove us a way like poor chiken. They are wicked and the brand will die quick! Simple!

UP GTB!

3 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yungboss(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
dabrake:
Some people think because they are in a 'faceless' forum, they can abuse whoever they want to, thinking it is cool. How come you know we didn't read the literature on the booklet? Dude, you will see no such thing in that booklet(except they've, of recent, introduced it). By the way, does it make sense to you that after borrowing 800k, you will end up paying over 1.5M?

Or do you think someone will collect such loan if They indicate it explicitly that they will deduct 12.5% of the lent money annually for to 'service'/'maintain' the loan?

By the way, what is there to service? Is the money an electro-mechanical device?
Now in retrospect, you just overstated...yes OVERSTATED figures to further gain sympathy...it has been there age-long...it's been in the letter since 'forever' okay, you overstated ''N100,000'' charge on your mom's account. Ask her to tell you the actual amount. This isn't more than N12,000...approx. N12,000. I never insulted you, but you lied here...it's fair as humans to be truthful, whatever you have posted here will go a long way to imprint in the minds of people...
principal of 800k, at 24% or 26% interest payable for 2 or 3 years..there's no way you would pay back N400k . Mathematics hasn't changed since the pythagoras era.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tinyemeka(m): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
yungboss:
2% of THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE, not on the N800,000...at the time the deduction was made, the loan would have reduced from N800k.
Find out what the balance was, then do the maths...it is stated in the offer letter, on the conditions precedent to drawdown of the facility.
''Management fee: 2% annually in advance''
So it's obvious that you did not read the fellow's post (and his complaint about a N100, 000 debit) before you jumped to conclusions, described him as ignorant and assumed that Management fee was what his mum and he failed to recognize, isn't it?

I don't want to assume that you are a UBA staff.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by HotPotato(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
oseiwe:

Knowledge gap is the major issue we have in that bank, as our people mostly the Operations staff have refused to learn new things, even as it relates to their desks. If not knowledge gap, what would make a Customer Relationship Officer tell a customer that they are no longer opening accounts because auditors' are in their Business Office? It's Knowledge gap that will make you attend to an issue you don't know much about, instead of referring such enquiries to the appropriate unit, or even a superior officer. It's knowledge gap that will make a BOM tell a customer that an account can't be opened because of incomplete references, whatever happened to PND/freeze status? That said, i'm happy this issue had been resolved, though wasn't so proper it was done through this forum.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yinka2011: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
If you want good service at good speed with personalized account officer walk into [size=24pt]UNITY BANK ---YES UNITY BANK. [/size]thats where the change is happening.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yungboss(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tinyemeka:
So it's obvious that you did not read the fellow's post (and his complaint about a N100, 000 debit) before you jumped to conclusions, described him as ignorant and assumed that Management fee was what his mum and he failed to recognize, isn't it?

I don't want to assume that you are a UBA staff.
let me state how these loan stuffs work.
1.You apply for a loan of N800k...
It is processed,
2.Offer letter is signed and all future charges stated in your offer letter and the repayment schedule presented in a different sheet.
3. Management fee of 2% is stated to be taken annually based on the outstanding balance.
4. Insurance fee(depends on your place of employment) of 2%...
5.Interest (in this case,2009 year): 22% p.a.
6. tenor(in dabrake's mom's case): 36 months.
From Mathematics, the Total interest payable for the 3-year period was N289,022.60
excluding the one-off mgt fee taken once every 12months (annually) based on the balance at the 12th month.
These things are obvious when your Facility is granted...it's clear.
Late repayment fee (in the event of default) is 1% of the default amount
apologies to dabrake if i came too harsh...but it was due to my perception that he was mixing up things...

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by texaco1: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
yinka2011: If you want good service at good speed with personalized account officer walk into [size=24pt]UNITY BANK ---YES UNITY BANK. [/size]thats where the change is happening.
which one be unity bank again?na wah ooo.
Very soon we go see anthem bank
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tinyemeka(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
yinka2011: If you want good service at good speed with personalized account officer walk into [size=24pt]UNITY BANK ---YES UNITY BANK. [/size]thats where the change is happening.
How bout NEFT transactions? tongue
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tinyemeka(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
yungboss:
let me state how these loan stuffs work.
1.You apply for a loan of N800k...
It is processed,
2.Offer letter is signed and all future charges stated in your offer letter and the repayment schedule.
3. Management fee of 2% is stated to be taken annually based on the outstanding balance.
4. Insurance fee(depends on your place of employment) of 2%...
5.Interest (in this case,2009 year): 22% p.a.
6. tenor(in dabrake's mom's case): 36 months.
From Mathematics, the Total interest for the 3yr period was N289,022.60
excluding the one-off mgt fee take taken once every 12months based on the balance at the 12month.
These things are obvious when your Facility is booked...it's clear.
Late repayment fee (in the event of default) is 1% of the default amount
apologies to dabrake if i came too harsh...but it was due to my perception that he was mixing up things...

Chief. I am thoroughly familiar with the entire stages of credit grants, from the customer's application to draw down. Your reply to Dabrake's complaint (which appeared condescending to me), was what prompted my response.

Nice day. smiley
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by jice(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
the unholy marriage between former uba and stb is a real virus hunting the new uba.
I had an experience where Money I left in a uba savings account gradually diminished without any transactions. The ghost of pilfering shall hunt them till a small firm buys them. They shall shamefully disappear from view.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by texaco1: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
try union bank
big strong reliable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking / BREAKING: Supreme Court Orders Akingbola To Face His N5bn Trial / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.