Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,734 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. (17618 Views)

Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA / Voting Ends As Counting Starts In Imo / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by taharqa: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Oga Fash has not to d best of mine knowledge completed a Single MAJOR Transportation Project in almost 7 years (Rails, Major Road longer than 50km, Airport, Seaport, etc) although there hv not been a dearth of Grand Plans, or even d start, of such Projects, yet he is now telling he WILL START building a Cable car System less than a year b4 he leaves office!! .... And we say, Amen and Wait. That is aftall d only thing we can do

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2013
Michael Dopplemayr

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2013
I won't be surprise if my eastern warriors start to claim this is another attempt by Fashola to drive them out of their car spare part business! Enemy of progress can continue to hate while Fashola continue to shine. Eko o ni baje o!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by 4chi: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2013
dotNaira: Lagos and the entire SW should just officially change their slogan to 'the pace setter'. undecided

Setting the pace since 1960.

Eko oni baje.

...since 1960 ke?

Havent you heard the phrase " a ji se bi oyo laari, oyo o se bi baba enikankan. (we are originators not the immitators)

We have been setting the pace from the creation of man!

Within the very few years that true federalism was practises in Nigeria , Yorubaland was already light years ahead of the other slow coach regions and had generated so much envy

The Nigerian contraption is a curse to the Yoruba nation!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Horus(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEstuFytabk

Building of Obudu Cable Car Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by chucky234(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2013
To be completed in 2015? You can say that to my fellow gullible Lagosians not me, Lagos - Badagry expressway has since become a burden to Lagosians after 4yrs yet no sign of completion in the next 3yrs.
The fact that politicians has never being sincere with Nigerians is an open secret and I dont bother to take any of them seriously, the fact that Fashola leaves office in 2015 makes it more interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Soloter(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2013
I'm a Northerner, Benue to be precise, but I 'm calling on BRF to come out and contest for the presidency come 2015. HIS giant strides are outstanding.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2013
Soloter: I'm a Northerner, Benue to be precise, but I 'm calling on BRF to come out and contest for the presidency come 2015. HIS giant strides are outstanding.

BENUE is not in the NORTH! more like middlebelt region.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2013
FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Aromas: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]

I pray it open on the day of my birthday
On 11th of November.
Wow!!!!!!!!! In Sha Allah is possible.
Click like if you are true LAGOSIAN

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by richy1473(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2013
Garri the 1st: 1st of all I wish to congratulate Lagosians and the good people of SW. They're blessed with the best and most visionary leaders in West Africa.

Secondly I've been searching for a friend who goes by the name... Festus Di Cormento... grin grin

Finally... I've to say this.. Eko Oni Baje oooo..

cool cool
..This is a good news to all Nigerian living in lagos.I comend BRF for bringing this into reality as it has been on the Lagos' plan since LKJ's tenure..its not first in Nigeria,there is cable-car in OBUDU(CRS)..
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Okeikpu(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Person wey dey baf pig know say na time e dey waste. Fashiola well done ooo (-,-)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by ichidodo: 11:34am On Aug 31, 2013
Big Deal,a belated move if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Ayekotoo(m): 11:36am On Aug 31, 2013
chucky234: To be completed in 2015? You can say that to my fellow gullible Lagosians not me, Lagos - Badagry expressway has since become a burden to Lagosians after 4yrs yet no sign of completion in the 3yrs.
The fact that politicians has never being sincere with Nigerians is an open secret and I dont bother to take any of them seriously, the fact that Fashola leaves office in 2015 makes it more interesting.

I understood you very well. Fashola is a visionary leader of this 21 century.
Fashola was the first governor in Nigeria to initiate the followings;
1. State security trust fund
2. Signage and advertisement agency
3. Tinubu created LAMATA to maintain and repair state-owned roads but Fashola changed the purpose and introduced LSPWC for that job and turned LAMATA to transport regulatory agency.
4. State water regulatory agency and many more

There is different BTW leader and ruler.
Fashola is a role model!
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by exx(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Na wa oh....one man is doing fine (credit to fashola) and my yoruba brothers are sounding like it is only yoruba people that have head. With all due respect to Obj (cause i respect the man) but can u tell me wat Great infratructural feat he accomplished during his tenure. (aside telcomms). U continue to insult leaders from every other tribe...u forget that one of the best leaders in OBJ time was from the south (Donald Duke) and no cross river person went around insulting other tribes or the prsesident like they were all dounces. People think the whites are racist, but they should come to nigeria and see wat thru racism is embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. Praise the guy, a constructively criticize others abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by rozayx5(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2013
eledalo: Im suprised Nigerians are still so easily fooled by federal, state and local governments.
Isn't 2015 an election year?
And what of phase 1 of the light rail that was to be complete by June?
https://www.nairaland.com/1156265/lagos-light-rail-ready-june/3

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by dokunbam(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
shouting on top of my voice 'P-D-P see what APC is doing'
seeeeeee

this what we expect from our government
lets keep the hope alive

our govt should give us something to hope for
and let them keep theirs words, so far APC is keep their as far as am concern
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Chartey(m): 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
engineerd:

BENUE is not in the NORTH! more like middlebelt region.
Dat one na English. Benue na north. I'm Yoruba from Kwara and I'm a northerner too. All these r unimportant, ethnicity means more than geopolitical designations abeg.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by solomon111(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Donald duke a PDP governor already blazed the trail in cable car transportation in Nigeria long ago without making it a fanfare.
Lol at "SW has the best leaders".
Someone needs to travel the country more.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Heziyahoocom: 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Good move i can jst wait to c t happen i wl b d first to take a ride on it.Eko o ni baje ooo,o ba je titititttttt
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by NFSBob(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
I hope dis isn't another avenue for thiefunbu τ̅☺ get rich @ d expense of LASG taxpayer's money. Cable cars in gidi? If I hear say I enter d tin considering d bad maintenance culture we have with public infrastructure make d tin no go fall for sky one day

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by bloggernaija: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
omonnakoda: Ndigbo people thank you for developing Lehgus

I hope that is sarcasm.
Develop what And Develop where?
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
NFS Bob: I hope dis isn't another avenue for thiefunbu τ̅☺ get rich @ d expense of LASG taxpayer's money. Cable cars in gidi? If I hear say I enter d tin considering d bad maintenance culture we have with public infrastructure make d tin no go fall for sky one day

Which taxpayer's money?
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by bloggernaija: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
chucky234: To be completed in 2015? You can say that to my fellow gullible Lagosians not me, Lagos - Badagry expressway has since become a burden to Lagosians after 4yrs yet no sign of completion in the 3yrs.

And you think the Lagos badagry road is a village road.abi?
Fashola has guts for even daring to embark on that particular project.
As you can see ,the strategic priority is to link up with our cousins in the west and not building towards the east.
That is where our future lie.
The southwest of the future only need gas pipeline towards the east .
The spine of the future yoruba state will be built ,metre by metre,poco a poco.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by ba7man(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
solomon111: Donald duke a PDP governor already blazed the trail in cable car transportation in Nigeria long ago without making it a fanfare.
Don't be narrow minded. Cable cars as a means of "Public Transport" within a city.....not as a means of "Tourist attraction" in a remote mountain resort. There's a big difference.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by bloggernaija: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
solomon111: Donald duke a PDP governor already blazed the trail in cable car transportation in Nigeria long ago without making it a fanfare.

That is what we talk about.
Practicality , sustenability and organic growth
Donald duke indebted generations beyond their capacity to pay in order to build a cable system/tinapa that hardly conveys anybody apart from the few visitors who straggle into obudu.
He should have used that money to build oil palm plantation ,rice mills (use the common man as a means of wealth creation).tinapa would have come about organically because the cross river people would have been rich enough to patronise and sustain it.
Lagos on the other hand is not spending a penny.
It is a private sector led project that is going to succeed.
The government is simply giving legislative support
It is the first time in nigeria that this will be used for mass transit.
Mind you ,there were cable cars in nigeria in the colonial period.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by anonimi: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
dotNaira: Lagos and the entire SW should just officially change their slogan to 'the pace setter'. undecided

Setting the pace since 1960.

Eko oni baje.

I wonder if you are a yoruba person and/or living in Nigeria becuase Oyo state's licence plate logo is the Pace Setter.
It derives from the saying:

Aji sebi Oyo l'anri, Oyo ki se bi eni kankan- We can only have those who imitate Oyos, the Oyos don't imitate anyone

@OP,

BRF can continue to waste his time on these shiny infrastructural objects without addressing the BASIC issues of:

- free and COMPULSORY education for ALL children in Lagos
- feeder roads
- pipe borne water

while piling debts and more debts on future residents of Lagos.

The infrastructure will all go to rot without these ELEMENTARY issues addressed in a robust manner just as those established prior to mid-70s have gone to waste.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by chucky234(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
bloggernaija:

And you think the Lagos badagry road is a village road.abi?
Fashola has guts for even daring to embark on that particular project.
As you can see ,the strategic priority is to link up with our cousins in the west and not building towards the east.
That is where our future lie.
The southwest of the future only need gas pipeline towards the east .
The spine of the future yoruba state will be built ,metre by metre,poco a poco.
What is this preposterous chronic goon saying,can any kind hearted person interprete this for me please.
Ewu Ijora badia.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
After all d overhyping yet 4th worst city in d world.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by anonimi: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
dokunbam: shouting on top of my voice 'P-D-P see what APC is doing'
seeeeeee

this what we expect from our government
lets keep the hope alive

our govt should give us something to hope for
and let them keep theirs words, so far APC is keep their as far as am concern

Below are pictures of Obudu cable car in Cross Rivers state, which is NOT in the south west, done by PDP's Donald Duke MANY years ago without any plenty propaganda noise as we are seeing on this thread.

We yorubas should stop EMBARRASSING ourselves by celebrating all these MEDIOCRITY strides that are even YET TO BE REALISED.
That was how some expected us to be jumping up & down because Amosun bought 150 imported taxi cabs!!!
Are we so CHEAP
Let us endeavour to travel around to (and read about) other places within and outside Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Isiterere(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
k.style:
M nt a yoruba dude nor m i an igbo chap but u cnt help but admire wat lagos kips doin....fashola is multi dimensional....if we had up 2 15 govs lyk him,dis contry wil b blessd wit great projcts....i'l put my religion n tribe aside n say 'fashola is d best tin 2 com out of 9ja afta petroleum n 2face ...if he decides 2 run 4 presidnt,i no go only thumbprint,i go faceprint,yansh print,gbola print sef...datz all

Lwkmdh
That's the fact, you said it right.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Isiterere(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
anonimi:

Below are pictures of Obudu cable car in Cross Rivers state, which is NOT in the south west, done by PDP's Donald Duke MANY years ago without any plenty propaganda noise as we are seeing on this thread.

We yorubas should stop EMBARRASSING ourselves by celebrating all these MEDIOCRITY strides that are even YET TO BE REALISED.
That was how some expected us to be jumping up & down because Amosun bought 150 imported taxi cabs!!!
Are we so CHEAP
Let us endeavour to travel around to (and read about) other places within and outside Nigeria.

Argument is to be avoided with a f**l like you cos u lack understanding.
Did I hear you say Obudu cable car (Tourism)?
BRF is doing this for public transportation at the expense of private sector.
Seems you have problem with comprehension; BRF is the first governor embarking on such for public transportation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Owes Us Uniform, Boot Allowances - Soldiers (Sahara Reporters) / Pictures As Gombe Residents Welcome Atiku Abubakar / Petrol Sells For N300 Per Litre In Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.