Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship (2130 Views)

It’s Wrong For Jonathan To Summon Electoral Umpire, Jega At Will – APC / Group Offers Stowaway Teenager A Scholarship / DSS Questions Mother Of Stowaway Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2013
I was stupefied upon learning that the Arik Airline stowaway, Daniel Oikhena had been offered scholarship by a group in Osun State.
=
The idea of offering a scholarship to such a lad is unacceptable and grim, as this might serve as a catalyst for other teenagers to engage in such unguided acts.
-
The group that gave the scholarship has just exhibited crass insensitivity to what it means to be socially responsible.
-
It would have been a different kettle of fish if the scholarship had been by an individual and bereft of publicity.

-
Why should he be offered a scholarship?
How many indigent, obedient and intelligent students has this smug group offered scholarship?
-
The group are unwittingly brooking and abetting truancy and recalcitrancy.

=
I opine that the lad should have been reunited with the family and probably helped to know what incited him to engage in such a fatal act. (HE could have died). Equally the security personnel on duty should also be sacked for dereliction of duty.

=
www.lindaikeji..com/2013/08/teenage-stowaway-daniel-oikhena-offered.html?showComment=1377798401409&m=1

2 Likes

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2013

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 7:49am On Aug 31, 2013
The mum

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 7:50am On Aug 31, 2013
More pics

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by iamSi(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2013
Lotta things many don't understand_ maybe he's suppose to be thrown in Jail or killed_ how many of our kids has got that courage?
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2013
iamSi: Lotta things many don't understand_ maybe he's suppose to be thrown in Jail or killed_ how many of our kids has got that courage?
What do you mean by courage? Would you extol a boy that slaps your dad because he has got courage to do so?
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by infobiz9ja(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by iamSi(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity:
What do you mean by courage? Would you extol a boy that slaps your dad because he has got courage to do so?

What has that gotta do with what the boy did?... People can be so funny

What has "entering a blazing building to save a 5 year old baby gotta do with jumping from a rooftop to show off" _ you are saying different things here _ try to be positive here
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 8:24am On Aug 31, 2013
iamSi:

What has "entering a blazing building to save a 5 year old baby gotta do with jumping from a rooftop to show off" _ you are saying different things here _ try to be positive here
It's unfortunate that you couldn't reconcile these apt analogies.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 8:32am On Aug 31, 2013
iamSi:

And at times learn to leave sentiments out of issues.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Hebunn(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2013
Maybe the boy should be killed, abi? And I want to believe they're not funding the scholarship with your money... So park well oga ade.

3 Likes

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Chanchit: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2013
What you fail to realize is that very few people would attempt what this boy did, you think if he's just reunited with his family foreign terrorist groups won't come for his services..? He just displayed what they want "courage" which you and me lack to a very large xtent, or can you do what he did..? Henceforth his career should even be monitored by the government cos he's a rear gem.

3 Likes

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity:
And at times learn to leave sentiments out of issues.

why are u beefin him, or are u his neighbour or his relative that do not want him to progress?

If he had landed in america safely which unfortunately he didn't, u would have been the first to call him Naija Jack Ogieva Bauer, but since he landed in ------ he should be sentenced to death abi?

Wey u? Go look bush
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2013
Hebunn: Maybe the boy should be killed, abi? And I want to believe they're not funding the scholarship with your money... So park well oga ade.
I do not in the least begrudge his scholarship. I'm just concerned about the signal that might send to other teenagers when they see that a 'wayward' child is being rewarded. Be pragmatic.

2 Likes

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 9:44am On Aug 31, 2013
Chanchit: What you fail to realize is that very few people would attempt what this boy did, you think if he's just reunited with his family foreign terrorist groups won't come for his services..? He just displayed what they want "courage" which you and me lack to a very large xtent, or can you do what he did..? Henceforth his career should even be monitored by the government cos he's a rear gem.
What is courageous about this. So if a child tries to put his hand on a fiery furnace, then it becomes courage, the boy was simply oblivious of the risk he put himself and you guys are spewinw courage. What if he had died. He was just simply unaware of the danger it posed, just like a toddler can stay with a poisonous snake and not be afraid.

1 Like

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2013
lrguru:

why are u beefin him, or are u his neighbour or his relative that do not want him to progress?

If he had landed in america safely which unfortunately he didn't, u would have been the first to call him Naija Jack Ogieva Bauer, but since he landed in ------ he should be sentenced to death abi?

Wey u? Go look bush
You talk more like a simpleton and I'm afraid you are green.
Who is talking about sentencing, when he hasn't commited any offence.
=
This is akin to awarding scholarship to the lad that threw sachets of water on Obasanjo's convoy in 2011. Or wasn't he too courageous.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2013
=
This is akin to awarding scholarship to the lad that threw sachets of water on Obasanjo's convoy in 2011. Or wasn't he too courageous.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2013
What is courageous about this. So if a child tries to put his hand on a fiery furnace, then it becomes courage, the boy was simply oblivious of the risk he put himself and you guys are spewinw courage. What if he had died. He was just simply unaware of the danger it posed, just like a toddler can stay with a poisonous snake and not be afraid.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by altman(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity: I was stupefied upon learning that the Arik Airline stowaway, Daniel Oikhena had been offered scholarship by a group in Osun State.
=
The idea of offering a scholarship to such a lad is unacceptable and grim, as this might serve as a catalyst for other teenagers to engage in such unguided acts.
-
The group that gave the scholarship has just exhibited crass insensitivity to what it means to be socially responsible.
-
It would have been a different kettle of fish if the scholarship had been by an individual and bereft of publicity.

-
Why should he be offered a scholarship?
How many indigent, obedient and intelligent students has this smug group offered scholarship?
-
The group are unwittingly brooking and abetting truancy and recalcitrancy.

=
I opine that the lad should have been reunited with the family and probably helped to know what incited him to engage in such a fatal act. (HE could have died). Equally the security personnel on duty should also be sacked for dereliction of duty.

=
www.lindaikeji..com/2013/08/teenage-stowaway-daniel-oikhena-offered.html?showComment=1377798401409&m=1

This is a wrong section for this post. Can't you read?
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Excellent7(m): 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
I feel the same way as the OP
We should be careful about the signals we send by our actions especially in issues like this involving impressionable young people.
Is the action the little boy took commendable? Answer is No!
Is it worthy of emulation? Answer is No!!
Will it be good if other young kids do same? Answer is No!!!
To me it seems bad behaviour is being rewarded instead of being reprimanded. I am a bit confused with this scenario as I was taught to reward good behaviour and punish bad behaviour.
In saner climes a lot of people will be in deep trouble for this act of truancy and dereliction of duty, even the guys parent or guardians.

2 Likes

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by 190theclown: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
brb
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity:
I do not in the least begrudge his scholarship. I'm just concerned about the signal that might send to other teenagers when they see that a 'wayward' child is being rewarded. Be pragmatic.

+1
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by donted(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Blame it on the road safety LOLZ grin back to the topic. in my own opinion the air operator should be blamed cos I see no reason for their negligence. if he was a suicide bomber that's another calamity entirely. Mr O P u can't do anything about his scholarship that's how God destine it to be. I guess if u had the opportunity at his age you will do worse
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by iamSi(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
lrguru:

Wey u? Go look bush

Abi oooooooo
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity:
=

i would not want to start indulge u, since its obvious u are a common attention seeking local village town crier who is bent on spreadin news in matters that does not concern u.

How will purnishin or even electrocuting this lad serve as a deterrent to others?
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
With this daredevil move of this young chap, many NIgerians and NGO's will begin to see that children of today are no longer what they used to be, and if care is not taken, the country is headin for a total collapse.

If an organisation could help/sponsor this boy, then some other person can still help other kids in their area/locality with scholarship or any support programme, and before u know it, the govt would realize that they are no longer needed, and we will be the ones savin NIgeria, startin from that little child u see everyday on the road hawkin.

Punishment is never always the best solution to every crime commited
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Excellent7: I feel the same way as the OP
We should be careful about the signals we send by our actions especially in issues like this involving impressionable young people.
Is the action the little boy took commendable? Answer is No!
Is it worthy of emulation? Answer is No!!
Will it be good if other young kids do same? Answer is No!!!
To me it seems bad behaviour is being rewarded instead of being reprimanded. I am a bit confused with this scenario as I was taught to reward good behaviour and punish bad behaviour.
In saner climes a lot of people will be in deep trouble for this act of truancy and dereliction of duty, even the guys parent or guardians.
Bitching and stellar
1000 likes!
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
lrguru:

i would not want to start indulge u, since its obvious u are a common attention seeking local village town crier who is bent on spreadin news in matters that does not concern u.

How will purnishin or even electrocuting this lad serve as a deterrent to others?
I don't converse or have confab with juveniles.
You are bereft of perspicacity and shrewdness.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by emandman: 11:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
Serendipity:
Serendipity:
big english...all dis una i2know scholars can sit down and tok anyhow sha...i actualy tot u wanted to suggest d boy taken to movie academy or NDA.
Does scholarship means he's not renunited wit his parents? FYI...his mother will be telling him am proud of you nao...
About inspiring oda kids toward waywardness...dey're already inspired,by wrong movies,broken homes,peer group. Etc...
If dm no giv una go tok,nao dm giv scholarship again una tok...haaaaa! Wetin
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Serendipity: 1:05am On Sep 01, 2013
e mandman:
big english...all dis una i2know scholars can sit down and tok anyhow sha...i actualy tot u wanted to suggest d boy taken to movie academy or NDA.
Does scholarship means he's not renunited wit his parents? FYI...his mother will be telling him am proud of you nao...
About inspiring oda kids toward waywardness...dey're already inspired,by wrong movies,broken homes,peer group. Etc...
If dm no giv una go tok,nao dm giv scholarship again una tok...haaaaa! Wetin
Just reappraise your statement'' they are alredy inspired by wrong movies, broken homes, peer group.'' I shudder.
Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by dacrystal01(m): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2013
Serendipity:
=

Stop being sentimental. Those two analogy do not corellate with each other. A child that throws sachet water at a convoy of the presidency has comitted a crime. He has purpoted in his heart to hurt. It is a sheer act of wickedness.

In this case, Daniel is only fulfilling his adventure. He wasn't caught with any ammunitions. He didn't hurt anybody. He didn't pose any threat to the passengers of the plane, in fact, they never knew he was aboard. See the difference yet

1 Like

Re: It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship by Ninilowo(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2013
E de fi boi yi sile.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Of The 183 Thugs Caught In IMO Are Aregbesola's Aides / Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht Deal, Bad Business — APC / GEJ Finally Has Declared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.