Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo (9150 Views)

Biafra: I Don’t Care If He Lives Or Dies – Okorocha Denies Calling For Kanu’s Ha / Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
Owerri - Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo has said that the bill currently in the House of Assembly is not for the legalisation of abortion.

Okorocha said this when he reacted to reports that the state government had legalised abortion in Owerri on Friday

He explained that the bill would eliminate violence in private and public life, prohibit all forms of violence, including sexual, psychological, domestic and harmful traditional practices.

Gov Okorocha

The governor said the bill was also expected to provide maximum protection and effective remedies for victims and punishments of offenders.

Okorocha added that the bill would equally enable every woman to enjoy reproductive rights as well as the right to medical abortion in cases of sexual assault, rape, incest.

He also said the bill made provision for right to medical abortion where the pregnancy endangers the life of or the physical, mental, psychological or emotional health of the mother.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Speaker of assembly, Mr Benjamin Uwajumogu, had also denied passing any law legalising abortion in the state.

Uwajumogu decried the misunderstanding of the bill, explaining that it was for prevention of violence and protection of women’s rights.

He said the bill, which made provision for the termination of a foetus in cases of incest or rape, did not legalise abortion.

The speaker said the house was set to make amendments to the bill to avoid further misunderstandings. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/gov-okorocha-denies-legalising-abortion-in-imo/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Longeria(m): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Okorocha, you're an ediot. Had it been your mother aborted you just because ABOKI she don't love rapedt and impregnated her, will you be alive to be enemy of Ndibgo and friend to those who makes us weep, I know the next on your plan is to legalise gay marriage,

Thunder will fire you before then.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Caleboha(m): 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
Mr Owele Rochas, I understand you have good intentions. Its ok to legalise abortion where the life of the mother is at stake as such its a life for a life. But legalising abortion for rrape cases, assaults... is tantamount to complete legalisation since any girl could claim she was rapedt by strangers and thus procure an abortion. Abortion is illegal, let's leave it at that. The doctors can take it up from there!

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Longeria: Okorocha, you're an ediot. Had it been your mother aborted you just because ABOKI she don't love rapedt and impregnated her, will you be alive to be enemy of Ndibgo and friend to those who makes us weep, I know the next on your plan is to legalise gay marriage,

Bros u de vexoooo.But you spoke the truth shaa.Okorocha do not kill innocent babies for the sins of their fathers.A word is enough for the wise
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Garrithe1st: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
Longeria: Okorocha, you're an ediot. Had it been your mother aborted you just because ABOKI she don't love rapedt and impregnated her, will you be alive to be enemy of Ndibgo and friend to those who makes us weep, I know the next on your plan is to legalise gay marriage,

Typical Emotional Rant devoid of even an atom or rationality, logic or common sense...

grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by cashkid18(m): 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
I hv ntin else to say bet "end time tinz"
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Longeria(m): 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Garri the first ** But you ended up in saying nothing

The law is to prevent unwanted or foolish babies like you, but we're saying no to it.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by babadem2much(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
even if na true say he talk am n he denied wetin una go do am? who has nt sinned let him cast d first stone. May God 4giv us all
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Dibiachukwu: 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
Their is no excuse for killing your own baby. Abortion is murder
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 12:26am On Sep 01, 2013
An abortion is an abortion. Why should a child suffer what what he/she knows nothing about.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Garrithe1st: 4:57am On Sep 01, 2013
Longeria: @Garri the first ** But you ended up in saying nothing

The law is to prevent unwanted or foolish babies like you, but we're saying no to it.

If this law had been passed before now moronic products of inbreeding like your hopeless self wouldn't be around to exhibit insanity...

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by wirinet(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2013

So you are forcing a woman who was raped to go through the trauma of carrying the baby for 9 months and giving birth to the baby just to satisfy your moral sensibilities. You care nothing about the pyschological health of the woman, the health and welbeing of a child without a father or even the stigmitization the child would go through in life being a product of rape. All you care about is what you gain by feeling good massaging religious conscience to receive a moral high. If such child should come to you for food or money in the future, you will forget your moral high ground by claiming it is not your responsibility.

15 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Abagworo(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2013
Its funny how these enemies of progress act like mentally deranged patients. When the house of assembly tried to re-visit the marriage laws, nobody accussed Jonathan of doing that. I wonder how a bill that was proposed by a female member of Imo house became a Rochas affair. Rochas duty is to sign the bill into law after the house has deliberated on it. The law is good and needs to be encouraged by women.

The bill was sponsored by the Majority Leader and member representing Ahiazu Mbaise state constituency, Mrs. Adekunle Ihuoma.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by asha80(m): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Abagworo: Its funny how these enemies of progress act like mentally deranged patients. When the house of assembly tried to re-visit the marriage laws, nobody accussed Jonathan of doing that. I wonder how a bill that was proposed by a female member of Imo house became a Rochas affair. Rochas duty is to sign the bill into law after the house has deliberated on it. The law is good and needs to be encouraged by women.

The bill was sponsored by the Majority Leader and member representing Ahiazu Mbaise state constituency, Mrs. Adekunle Ihuoma.
i wonder why some peeps are jumping on okorocha instead of the woman that sponsored the bill if ever they want to jump on anyone.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2013
asha 80: i wonder why some peeps are jumping on okorocha instead of the woman that sponsored the bill if ever they want to jump on anyone.
nna ike gwuru! i just avoided the thread since yesterday because if i talk now, dem go so i be pro -abortionist! Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at Rochas when the main sponsor of the bill, a woman like me brought up such an idea. Haters will continue to hate. cry
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by StevenJay01(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2013
If its on those Grounds den I support u Okorocha
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by cold(m): 10:10am On Sep 01, 2013
Okorocha way to go! This is a very sensible bill & i applaud your forthrightness in this regard. Abortion should be legalised,restricted & practised only by professionals who have been certified to do so

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by priscaoge(f): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2013
And some idiots βε like"Dis man is a fool".Jezzzz do U̶̲̥̅̊ have home training @ all? Seriously go and bring U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ Poverty stricken father 2 rule a common Age group let's see wat happens. Stack illiterates of nairaland. You can only open U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ gutter 2 say trash here,I believe his intentions sounds strange 2 you. Go and get educated b4 saying trash#Smh. Those against his intentions are those dat hate civilization,Grow up and smell τ̲̅ђe coffee,this is 21st Century not some sort of Ancient days. Read through his opinion before you comment.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Cyberknight: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2013
The bill makes sense. Almost every nation that has abortion - related legislation provides for abortions in such instances (r-a-p-e and i-n-c-e-st). Okorocha doing something right for a change.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by yinkard4me(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Bhet why? Wat if d Baybe dat posted immediately after me was aborted?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2013
This abortion isssue is a very complicated one.

Those against abortion, what if the mother's life is in danger. Should she keep the baby and die?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by EvilBrain1(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Caleboha: Mr Owele Rochas, I understand you have good intentions. Its ok to legalise abortion where the life of the mother is at stake as such its a life for a life. But legalising abortion for rrape cases, assaults... is tantamount to complete legalisation since any girl could claim she was rapedt by strangers and thus procure an abortion. Abortion is illegal, let's leave it at that. The doctors can take it up from there!

What type of crazy logic is this? So because some girls *might* lie to take advantage, you want to further destroy the lives of all girls who are unfortunate enough to not only get råped, but get pregnant as well?

Maybe they should ban the internet. Some people people might use it to post senseless statements.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by ylaa(f): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st]

Typical Emotional Rant devoid of even an atom or rationality, logic or common sense...

grin grin[/
IS OKOROACHA NORMAL?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by imsuboi(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2013
mah nigga cool
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2013
oh My God... i can not believe this,my thread is on the front page...after so much hustling, subscribing for airtel mb and writing...

God bless the moderator that put this on the front page.
a happy sunday to you all. *tears of joy* cry
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by nnadychuks(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2013
babadem2much: even if na true say he talk am n he denied wetin una go do am? who has nt sinned let him cast d first stone. May God 4giv us all
what if he was not caught and he killed your first son how will you feel?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by free2ryhme: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2013
who is laying ??/
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Yeahreen(m): 10:40am On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmmmm, next topic pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$10m Found In CAN President's Jet Caught In SA / Obiano Declares November 17 Public Holiday Over Anambra Election / Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.