Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll (16046 Views)

PDP Wins Re-run Poll In Yakurr 11 Constituency In Cross River / Photos: Man Rides Bike From Ivory Coast To Nigeria For The Chibok Girls / Buhari Wins Kano With Landslide Victory-daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Maxymilliano(m): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
Who is the kindergarten moderator that put this unsubstantiated propaganda on the front page? News emanating from Offa was that PDP emerged victorious.

Offa election: PDP defeats APC

Kwara–Mr AbdulWaheed Olanipekun of the the PDP has emerged Chairman of the Offa Local Government Council in a re-run election, conducted in the area on Saturday. 

The Chairman of the Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission (KWASICE), Dr Uthman Ajidagba, made the disclosure on Sunday in Offa, near Ilorin, while announcing the result of the elections.

He said that contestants on the platform of the PDP also emerged winners as councillors in all the 12 wards in the Local Government.

Ajidagba said that Olanipekun polled 35,937 votes against the 20,161 votes, polled by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Saheed Popoola.

The KWASIEC boss said that since Olanipekun had satisfied the requirement of the law by having majority of lawful votes, he was therefore, elected and returned as chairman of the council.

He noted that there were reports of attempted violence from some supporters of political parties during collation of results at wards  but that the situation was brought under control by law enforcement agents.

Reacting to the outcome of the election, the Kwara State Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Alhaji Masud Adebimpe, expressed gratitude to God for the victory of the party.

He thanked the people of Offa for the maturity they exhibited during the election.
Adebimpe appealed to the populace to cooperate with the new council council chairman for more development to be achieved in Offa.

However, the Protem Chairman of the APC in Kwara, Mr Shola Iji, said that the results declared by the commission were not the original results of the election.

He made the claim while speaking on the outcome of the elections.

“We are not accepting the result because it was not an honourable result of Saturday’s elections conducted in Offa.

“We know the original result and not the one that was falsified,”he said.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/pdp-defeats-apc-in-chairmanship-councillorship-elections-in-offa/

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by rozayx5(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
rozayx5: call me when APC has something reasonable to offer

undecided undecided

after 8 years as Governor Tinubu Still went abroad for surgery, No reasonable hospital in Lagos that can treat him grin grin
, and these are the people that claim they ( APC) are better than PDP.
Which good leadership Example have they set, ??

which APC state of ACN state has constant Electricity ??
Which Opposition State has Good Social Amenities??
Recently Linda Ikeji showed a pic of a Primary School in an Opposition State with Cement Bags as the roof?

keep fooling your selves here in the Politics section undecided
I am not a supporter of any of the 2 parties, and i will never be - cause Nigerian Politics is all hyporcrisy, from the NL e-warrior to the Frustrated Old General and Oil money looters undecided undecided
all i see in APC is a gathering of polithiefcians with personal Aims
Give us a credible opposition, not one that spend billions on birthdays undecided

Spits on thread and walks out

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by TechyGuy: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
These APC fellows are clowns, the source of this news is one miserable tweeter and they are here celebrating and ranting.
Which mod moved this to front page, he/she should be de-modded. ; angry

If this was done by the pdp fellows the bashing from opposition would have been endless.
I'm sure El-rufai, Tinubu, Lai and the e-warriors in NL would be screaming hell.

3 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Darchangel(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Hi All

I just thought to bring this result update from the Offa LG Re-run held today in Kwara state

Balogun Aromasodun APC 137 PDP 21
Essa. 108. 34
Olumo. 138. 32
Iyeru Okin. 20. 09
Ita Erin. 149. 34
Kamawu. 126. 53
Balogun Iso Isu. 132. 47
Balogun Ajoda. 126. 41
Folarin. 186. 46
Film House. 135. 46
St Cyprian A. 52. 16
". ". B. 128. 48
Orita Merin. 149. 32
OGS. 135. 19
Ile Oyawoye. 172. 56
Ejiwunmi. 217. 60
Ikolaba. 152. 62
Ambe. 184. 51
Ogani. 128. 64
Popoola. 137. 37
Palace polling booth. 182. 75

More result update as they get released

CREDIT AND SOURCE-@olatundekazeem on twitter
get ur facts before posting, vanguard jst reported that pdp won

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Goddex: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
gregg2: False news only from chronic liers belonging to a lying party that is headed by some of Nigeria's worst 419ers and terrorists. How this trash from no known source suddenly made it to the front page with a very lavish title is even a suspect. For whoever care to know the truth, PDP won Offa council Chair and all the councillorship positions.

I pity those miserable APC cockroaches on nairaland

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Lyth: 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
I dnt understand how news with no source/unreliable source makes it to FP ....is it that Seun n his mods dnt knw dat many peepz take NL's FP as their source of news? Or is it that any bullsh!t is allowed on FP so long it generates traffic?
I guess it's safe 2 say dat NL is steadfastly following d footsteps of Sahara reporters.

3 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by sage2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
A typical mediocre's way of running a business. It is like the people who run Nairaland are no longer interested in the integrity of the information people get from here. The moment you failed to be perceived as a reliable source of information, downward hill you go. And go, you go with your business. You don't want that to happen, do you?

3 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Hi All

I just thought to bring this result update from the Offa LG Re-run held today in Kwara state

Balogun Aromasodun APC 137 PDP 21
Essa. 108. 34
Olumo. 138. 32
Iyeru Okin. 20. 09
Ita Erin. 149. 34
Kamawu. 126. 53
Balogun Iso Isu. 132. 47
Balogun Ajoda. 126. 41
Folarin. 186. 46
Film House. 135. 46
St Cyprian A. 52. 16
". ". B. 128. 48
Orita Merin. 149. 32
OGS. 135. 19
Ile Oyawoye. 172. 56
Ejiwunmi. 217. 60
Ikolaba. 152. 62
Ambe. 184. 51
Ogani. 128. 64
Popoola. 137. 37
Palace polling booth. 182. 75

More result update as they get released

CREDIT AND SOURCE-@olatundekazeem on twitter
Mr OP are u rili an APC goon, is mathematics ur problem or ar my ears & eyes dciving me? The returning officer ( Dr Uthman Ajidagba) has declared Mr Abdulwaheeed Olanipekun(PDP) as d winner with 35 937 votes yl Mr Saheed Popoola(APC) as 1st runner up with 20 161. Where did u get those phantom numberz frm? He also announced PDP as the winner of the 12 council seats.

3 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Nyce1: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Offa has never been a PDP stronghold. From time..offa is ACN nd ACN IS APC... So wat is D surprise?
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Jarus(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
It is not possible for PDP to win council elections in Offa. I fail to agree.

I contact my people at home on daily basis, and we get update from Facebook every hour. It is not possible.

Apart from the APC candidate, Saheed Popoola, being extermely popular among the people, Offa people have never liked PDP.

#OccupyOffa

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Goddex: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
As usual, APC keeps winning on internet while PDP win on the ballot. Bunch of empty noisemakers.

4 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kai too much noise Making is bad for the health.

While Apc was busy winning elections on the internet, the PDP has quietly won the real elections, in the grass roots.

Kai, SMH, na like dis una wan win elections?

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by funshint(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't know wats making dis PDP stooges so jumpy... An election has just been rigged and U̶̲̥̅̊ guys are running about making noise. Pls celebrate very well 'cos its going to be short. Just wait d court will soon overturn 'ur temporary victory. Besides d election was not even organized by INEC 'cos its a state LG election controlled by d SG so I'm nt really surprised...wat more do U̶̲̥̅̊ expect from LG elections where d state already has a written down result for d returning officer even b4 d election. Mtcheww!!! This has just confirmed that the only way for PDP to win any election is thru rigging. #GBAM!!!
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by kabba7(m): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote author=yinkard4me]Bhet why? PDP declared winner
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Offa residents must watch out, think there is bigger plan to forment trouble this evening to start from owode market or oloffa's palace you are warned be careful.
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by sanjex212: 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pdp has been declared d winner of d election...source kwasiec.
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by donsmall94(m): 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
pdp goons, wait and see d first file ur chairman wud be treating is a court case file.....

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by funshint(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
donsmall94: pdp goons, wait and see d first file ur chairman wud be treating is a court case file.....
Infact offa people should relax d result will definitely be overturned in some few weeks time...mark my words!!!

Kwara: APC Wins 11 Council Wards, KWASIEC
Returning Officer Absconds
Results from all 12 council wards in Offa,
Kwara State, show that the newly registered
All Progressive Congress (APC), swept 11 of
the 12 wards in Saturday’s polls, and the
Peoples Democratic Party, just one ward.
The results were signed by officers of the Kwara
State Independent Electoral Commission (KWASIEC)
in the wards, agents of all the parties, and security
agents.
Tension however rose in the area after the
Returning Officer strangely refused to announce the
results even when they had been fully tabulated as
early as 5 p.m and no record of violence existed.
Political party agents, security teams and election
observers who gathered at the local government
collation centre in Offa could not find the Returning
Officer who is by law empowered to announce the
final results. He later called in to say he would only
announce the result in Ilorin, the state capital, a
decision that is contrary either to convention and
the electoral law.
The signed results are as follows:
Balogun Ward: APC – 1129, PDP -504;
Shawo Central: APC -1132, PDP- 435;
Shawo SW : APC- 1171, PDP – 372;
Shawo SE: APC- 1054, PDP -370;
Essa A : APC – 639, PDP -363;
Essa B: APC -644, PDP -381;
Ojomu NW : APC -1314, PDP -446;
Ojomu Central 1: APC -866, PDP -373;
Ojomu Central 2 : APC – 866, PDP- 373;
Ojomu SE : APC -1374, PDP -427;
Ogbodun : APC – 268, PDP – 381; and
Essa C : APC – 972 , PDP – 351.
The tally shows the APC having 11,526 as against
PDP’s 4,668.
The atmosphere was still tense in Offa and at
KWASIEC office in Ilorin at the time of filing this
report, as the youths vowed to reject any attempt to
manipulate the result in favour of the PDP.
SAHARA REPORTERS
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?
p=119127
I just hope PDP and kwasiec did their rigging properly because they must be able to present a forged signature of all d party agents used on the distributed copies of the most sensitive material(Form EC8)!! Their mischief will definitely catch up wit them... Daylight robbers!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by baslone: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Armed security men have taken over Offa town after a different result was announced from Ilorin town.

Violence is a better option to waiting for the courts- the highest bidder will always take the day.

I am being vindicated. We are not ripe for democracy in this nation.
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by TechyGuy: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Goddex: As usual, APC keeps winning on internet while PDP win on the ballot. Bunch of empty noisemakers.

Nobel Laureate!
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by TechyGuy: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
funshint:
Infact offa people should relax d result will definitely be overturned in some few weeks time...mark my words!!!

Kwara: APC Wins 11 Council Wards, KWASIEC
Returning Officer Absconds
Results from all 12 council wards in Offa,
Kwara State, show that the newly registered
All Progressive Congress (APC), swept 11 of
the 12 wards in Saturday’s polls, and the
Peoples Democratic Party, just one ward.
The results were signed by officers of the Kwara
State Independent Electoral Commission (KWASIEC)
in the wards, agents of all the parties, and security
agents.
Tension however rose in the area after the
Returning Officer strangely refused to announce the
results even when they had been fully tabulated as
early as 5 p.m and no record of violence existed.
Political party agents, security teams and election
observers who gathered at the local government
collation centre in Offa could not find the Returning
Officer who is by law empowered to announce the
final results. He later called in to say he would only
announce the result in Ilorin, the state capital, a
decision that is contrary either to convention and
the electoral law.
The signed results are as follows:
Balogun Ward: APC – 1129, PDP -504;
Shawo Central: APC -1132, PDP- 435;
Shawo SW : APC- 1171, PDP – 372;
Shawo SE: APC- 1054, PDP -370;
Essa A : APC – 639, PDP -363;
Essa B: APC -644, PDP -381;
Ojomu NW : APC -1314, PDP -446;
Ojomu Central 1: APC -866, PDP -373;
Ojomu Central 2 : APC – 866, PDP- 373;
Ojomu SE : APC -1374, PDP -427;
Ogbodun : APC – 268, PDP – 381; and
Essa C : APC – 972 , PDP – 351.
The tally shows the APC having 11,526 as against
PDP’s 4,668.
The atmosphere was still tense in Offa and at
KWASIEC office in Ilorin at the time of filing this
report, as the youths vowed to reject any attempt to
manipulate the result in favour of the PDP.
SAHARA REPORTERS
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?
p=119127
I just hope PDP and kwasiec did their rigging properly because they must be able to present a forged signatory of all d party agents used on the distributed copies of the most sensitive material(Form EC8)!! Their mischief will definitely catch up wit them... Daylight robbers!!!

Read out loud your source URL and you will find your position. cheesy
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by funshint(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
TechyGuy:

I don't have your time boy!!!
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Omoswags(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
PDP won this election for gawd sake,, please we should confirm stories before bringing them to Fp. You may hate the party, but don't let ur hate blind you from doing the right thing.
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Osundefender website was not the only site that confirmed the report, checkout sharareporters, ilorin info itself....we were at the poll booth, we saw it.
If you from offa, you will understand beta the plight of our people. How would u feel to have made a choice only for a magic hand to switch ur choice ova d night. We the citizen of offa voted for APC not PDP...we have always rejected this pdp...to remind you this is not the first or d second time this re-run is being conducted...check out the story since last year.
Although am not surprise sha...Pdp lacks integrity on all moral grounds, if they could find it easy to over-turn a simple governor's forum election won by the majority on secret camera and still have the gut to come on media to discredit it.......what a shame.
Lastly to aliens, whose thinking faculty and judgement is heinous........We, offa citizen know exactly what we want unlike you and that's definitely not pdp, we have seen what they have to offer since 1999. You and ur pitiful pdp can only continue to force your wishes...we promise you we will continue to fight back, we will not relent until we win what is rightfully ours.
Note: can't help but quickly say dis: I wish all una wey think what's happening to us in kwara, offa to b precise is funny or a thing of joke, I wish ur home town exactly what is happening to us......we are not politicians so stop playing dirty politics on our soil. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by jmaine: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
TechyGuy:

Lolz . . . You dey mind them grin

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by jayjam(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If the report is true, then the positive is that atleast the govt of Kwara conducted free and fair polls unlike the thieves in Lagos, Tinubu and Fashola, who conducted fraudulent local council polls
Thank God dat 4 d first time in history Insincere 9jerian Admits that in a free n fair election APC will humble PDP.
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by funshint(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
What is happening now at the LG level is an eye-opener to the fact that state govts are grossly incapable of conducting credible elections. It's time to stop state govt. from handling any form of election. If INEC can be in charge of State governorship election then let them also be the one to handle it to the LG level. What is happening in Offa LG is a big shame on PDP and KWASIEC. Its a big shame on Dr Uthman Ajidagba; the Returning Officer for the election. Everybody already has the result of the election therefore there's nothing hidden under the sun. Some few cabals can't claim to be wiser than the people. U̶̲̥̅̊ will all suffer for your deeds IJN. Amen!!!
And to those praising PDP I just pity U̶̲̥̅̊ because U̶̲̥̅̊ don't know wat it means for 'ur right to be taken away from U̶̲̥̅̊ right b4 'ur very eyes. Dats d reason why no matter wat U̶̲̥̅̊ call TINUBU; SW will never forget him because he gave us hope when we were in deep darkness. If a new born baby in SW nigeria shld contest against any PDP candidate in SW nigeria nw, d PDP candidate will gallantly lose because when U̶̲̥̅̊ mention PDP what comes to our mind is Violence, Bloodshed, Developmental Retrogression, Disorderliness...etc! I'll urge my SE brodas esp my Anambra brodas; we've tasted PDP in SW and we know wat they are because our criticism of them is not boiled out of sentiments but from bitter experience. Vote any party of 'ur choice except PDP! PDP is a party I can't wish on my greatest enemy. PDP U̶̲̥̅̊'re on the path of destruction but I'll urge U̶̲̥̅̊ to continue in 'ur evil ways because they do say "the dog that will lose it's way will surely fail to hear the hunters whistle". May God help us!!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Really In Offa,

PDP cleared it ,yeahhhhh PDP cleared it !!!

Source : Myself ; A returning observer from Offa LG,Kwara State!!!

God Bless the Good people of Offa LG and Offa Town,Amen !!!

JahBless APC .......hmmm, rule of law is crying in Nigeria ....Nna ,na Only God go salvage our nation !!!
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by samstradam: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If the report is true, then the positive is that atleast the govt of Kwara conducted free and fair polls unlike the thieves in Lagos, Tinubu and Fashola, who conducted fraudulent local council polls
And this PDP FOOL was saying......

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by baslone: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
: “I am scandalised beyond words the impunity that is playing out following the peaceful and orderly conduct of the Offa Local Government rerun poll. As at 12:50 a.m. this morning, the KWASIEC chairman Dr Uthman Ajidagba was telling all the political party agents and representatives who had come from Offa to Ilorin that they should return to KWASIEC office Ilorin at 10 a.m. for official announcement of result. Strangely at 6a.m. on Sunday, Radio Kwara – in a martial manner mimicking military overthrow of civilian regimes – repeatedly announced that the PDP has been declared winner of the rerun poll.

“We take this to be the Radio Kwara, in its characteristic manner, merely acting the script of the party in power in Kwara. We are expecting proper announcement from the umpire, the KWASIEC. What has been announced on Radio Kwara is not known to the law and we take it that KWASIEC will still call us for result announcement. They should come and announce the election result in accordance with the duly signed results that have been given to political parties in Offa.

“Interestingly, by 5:30 p.m, on Saturday duly signed results from all the 12 wards in Offa were already in at the local government collation centre in Offa. The results showed clearly that APC trounced the PDP in 11 of the 12 wards. PDP won only in Igboodun Ward. In all, APC scored 11,526 as against PDP’s 4,668. And while everyone awaited the KWASIEC Returning Officer for the Local Government to officially collate and announce the result, the official was nowhere to be found. Hours after, the police team directed everyone to move to Ilorin following reports that the KWASIEC man was already in Ilorin and was to announce the result there.

“Indeed, the law is very clear about where to collate and announce results for local government elections: it is the council headquarters of the electoral body. The fact that KWASIEC did not allow collation and announcement to take place at the right place is enough reason to smell foul play. That suspicion has now been confirmed beyond reasonable doubt with what is happening!

“It is interesting indeed that KWASIEC purportedly announced the result on Kwara Radio and not even at its headquarters in Ilorin. When did Kwara Radio become the exclusive place to announce results of an election that held in open space across a local council? Why were all other media representatives and party chieftains who were at KWASIEC till daybreak not called to witness the announcement?

“This is one impunity too many. It cannot stand. We shall challenge it in every peaceful and lawful. Like every Nigerian of good conscience, I join the good people of Offa to condemn this atrocious behaviour of the electoral body which has no doubt stripped it of any claim to civility or credibility. Clearly the election was just a mere window-dressing! We cannot continue along this catastrophic path. Not anymore. It is unacceptable.”

2 Likes

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by kilmix: 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Meanwhile Lagos is ranked the 4th worst city in the world.
APC oti baje!

1 Like

Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by alhabeeb(m): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Offa..z nt a town wia pdp can do z dabaru n go escort free..lailai..we ar in 4 big show down...
Re: APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll by Caseless: 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mynd_44: So PDP is losing popularity in Kwara....this is not good.

Anyway sha, I blame GEJtongue
na u dey here?*clear eyes*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Earns N14trn From Crude Export – NNPC / Army Intensify Clearance Operation,Kill Terrorists,Arrest Boko Haram Food Keeper / Soludo In Early Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.