Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland (4694 Views)

Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza: These negroes are simply lost souls because were never slaves and this a actually a slap in the face of their ancestors who fought hard to free them from slavery.

They were cleansing the stigma of slavery.....not the experience of slavery.

Some say what your ancestors went through or did pass on generations.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Stop calling each other Niggers! And cleanse that from your Ebonics. That's a true stigma of slavery.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Look at me, I'm pure nigger!

- Rick Ross.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza: Stop calling each other Niggers! And cleanse that from your Ebonics. That's a true stigma of slavery.

You are late! Even white and Hispanic kids call each other niggers! grin

The word nigger will never die.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza: Stop calling each other Niggers! And cleanse that from your Ebonics. That's a true stigma of slavery.

Lol@nigger being ebonic. grin grin

Look up the true definition of ebonics.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza: Look at me, I'm pure nigger!

- Rick Ross.

Nigger means ignorant.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Lol@nigger being ebonic. grin grin

Look up the true definition of ebonics.

Nigga! But I guess the Ebonics version is term of endearment?
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Adamskuty(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

We are good. wink
hmm! Who's the dude btw? wink
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Nigger means ignorant.

and Nigga means Black America abi na African American abi na Descendants of Slaves abi na Descendant of African Slaves, who the hell knows the PC term for you negroes these days.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Adamskuty(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hey sis! Muuuuuah! kiss

I am on penis strike! Join me. grin
shocked i thought u got a huzzby,why are u muuuuah! Muuuuaaah her? Not allowed pls grin

kails don't follow her path angry
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
H-Star89:
NONE of my family or friends are doing this... but I guess this applies to the ten? folks that went lol

Lol

Mrs.Chima:

They were bamboozled and hoodwinked. grin
yeah by themselves. There will never truly be a way to cleanse oneself of their history. Quite frankly my anger about slavery is how our ancestors had to suffer at the hands of their own kind along with outsiders and esp. the way in which they did however I know if it were not for them, I would not be here. So the best I could do is honor their memory and respect THEM as my forefathers. everything else is unnecessary. I will not buy a plane ticket trying to pretend that as a "black woman", I belong to any tribe when I dont.

It's nonsensical. Big ups to the jamos and AAs in ghana, ethiopia, south africa etc etv who decided to live in africa as citizens without deluding themselves and pretrending to be african.

I remember when I used to be miss super afrocentric and probably would have done something like this..."reafricanize myself" loooool! but things have changed and these eyes are well open now.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adamskuty: shocked i thought u got a huzzby,why are u muuuuah! Muuuuaaah her? Not allowed pls grin

kails don't follow her path angry

Sharrap there and quit hating tongue

@chima kiss kiss kiss kiss

*looks @ adam grin*
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Adamskuty(m): 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
*Kails*:

Sharrap there and quit hating tongue

@chima kiss kiss kiss kiss

*looks @ adam grin*
huh! Are my eyes deceiving me? shocked lesbians alert grin
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza:

and Nigga means Black America abi na African American abi na Descendants of Slaves abi na Descendant of African Slaves, who the hell knows the PC term for you negroes these days.

If Nigga means BA....what do you call Black Africans? Niggicans? grin

The dumb shit people say.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adamskuty: huh! Are my eyes deceiving me? shocked lesbians alert grin

Yes we are dykes!
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by antartica(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
grin grin grin

All wayward blacks are niggers,it doesn't locations not withstanding.

Mrs.Chima:

Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by antartica(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
It is truly a soul searching journey.Until all away africans around world realized that africa is their rightful place,they will never get the true message of what the game is all about.They try to make them totally obliterate not too recent history in their memories,to make them feel like lost sheep,even when zion is in full view.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Adamskuty(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Yes we are dykes!
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Adamskuty(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Yes we are dykes!
Godforbid! Taaa! Tufiaaaakwa!
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You missed the point.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
eziza:

You missed the point.

No you did.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

No you did.

Nigga became part of the black African vocab and identity thanks to BA who perpetuated the name.

I'd say it came in 80's thanks to the American mass media when hip hop and gangster movies became popular. Until then black Africans never addressed themselves as niggas and it was never part of their vocab and identity.

So like I said, you negroes in the US should stop calling yourselves niggas. That is a true stigma of slavery.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lol at him still missing it. grin
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by eziza: 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
lol, so why don't you make your point clearer? At least, I've explained where I was going with it and you clearly missed mine.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by bigfrancis21: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adams and Mrs Chima, You guys are derailing the thread! angry
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2013
eziza: lol, so why don't you make your point clearer? At least, I've explained where I was going with it and you clearly missed mine.

I didn't miss anything.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by MrsChima(f): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2013
bigfrancis21: Adams and Mrs Chima, You guys are derailing the thread! angry

Bite me. angry
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by bigfrancis21: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Bite me. angry

No ma'am. I don't bite. I'll ban you instead. tongue
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by PhysicsQED(m): 12:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Something about this seems highly condescending, though I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 02, 2013
PhysicsQED: Something about this seems highly condescending, though I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.
Yeah.
For me, I think it's the fact that somebody thought they required 'cleansing'.
Who thought it necessary for them to be cleansed?
Was it they, themselves or the Priest who carried out the cleansing? Who?
From what exactly? From their slave status to free-borns?

This brings the question of the Osu and Ohu to mind.
Since there is need to 'cleanse', how about they start with the Osus and the Ohus?
This is one angle of the Igbo society that annoys me!
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by ijawcitizen(m): 2:30am On Sep 02, 2013
kwangi: Yeah.

Since there is need to 'cleanse', how about they start with the Osus and the Ohus?
My thoughts exactly!
Re: Black Americans Undergo Cleansing From ‘slavery Stigma’ In Igboland by Abagworo(m): 4:16am On Sep 02, 2013
kwangi: Yeah.

Those things don't exist or have lost relevance in today's society. In the past there existed cleansing done in Nri for the Osu. Most Igbo slaves were victims of Religious deceit and not necessarily captives. It is no different from todays Church slavery. Igbos especially the Isuama Igbos fall easy prey to religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Unique Cultural Attire Of The Bekwarra People Of Cross River State. By Usa / The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader / A History Of Naked Protests By African Women [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.