Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,540 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... (38707 Views)

Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos / Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Makamuanwuo(m): 2:06pm On May 14, 2015
A man named Charles Ikegwuruka a native of umuezeanyike kindred of Ezima village in Isiala Mbano LGA of Imo State was driven to his maternal home, Isu village in the same LGA and State on a wheelbarrow for summoning his only younger brother Osiwu Ikegwruka to 'agwara okija' (a powerful shrine in okija, Anambara State).

According to Charles, he said his brother osiwu accused him for making his wife unable to bear children.

It all began when Charles went to a native doctor to seek for help and fortify himself, during the process the native doctor had a vision that there is a woman in his household that has a marine husband and child that she won’t be able to bear children physically again, that she must be brought for cleansing. Charles as the first son and the head of the Ikegwuruka family in his mid 50s is not married, the only woman in his household is his brother’s newly married wife (one and two days of marriage) who just had a miscarriage. Charles went to his brother and told him what the native doctor said, his brother agreed to convince his wife to go for the cleansing. On the day of the cleansing, the native doctor took them to a river, killed a goat and strangled a cock and a hen after making some incantations while osiwu’s wife was kneeling, and later ordered her to strip naked and take her bath in the river while they (Charles, osiwu ) watched her, which she did.

After the cleansing, the family problem between him and his brother increased, he started isolating osiwu’s wife calling her ‘mamiwater’ (marine spirit). What erupted the matter so much was that whenever the two brothers are quarrelling and exchanging words, Charles will tell his brother’s wife “let me see how you will bear children?” and he will tell his brother that him and his wife are like hen that has been tied to a tree, that its until the hen is untied that when it will get its freedom. These words really upset Osiwu and his wife, that the cleansing he (Charles) took them to was to go and prevent them from having children.

On the 27th of December 2012, very early in the morning, Osiwu received a letter from Okija Shrine summoning him and his wife to come and swear and take oath in the shrine on the 29th of December. Note that if two persons go to a shrine to take oath, one person must die. Charles said he wants peace to reign, that is to say that he wants his brother and his wife to die after the oath. Osiwu brought the letter to his kindred meeting and Charles was ordered to back to okija and withdraw the matter. Charles went and returned and told his kindred that the shrine refused instead they said we (the kindred) should resolve the matter, then after that we should report our resolution to the shrine but that will not stop Charles, Osiwu and his wife to swear and take the oath.

Everybody in the kindred meeting went mad……our son has committed sacrilege. We can’t finish resolving a matter and still it’s taken to a shrine again, coupled with all other atrocities Charles has been committing. The kindred now resolved that must ride a wheelbarrow back to his maternal home and he will stay there until he withdraws his family matter from Okija Shrine.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Mortiple(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2015
Wait, is this real or an upcoming Nollywood movie? grin grin

The whole pictures look stage-managed.

Edited: The man appears to be having a good ride to his maternal home (thus saving himself the trouble of trekking a long distance). cheesy

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Makamuanwuo(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2015
IS REAL

Mortiple:
Wait, is this real or an upcoming Nollywood movie? grin grin

The whole pictures look stage-managed.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by mperoakeem(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2015
someone should wake me up...

6 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by GboyegaD(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2015
So funny.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Hysmady(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2015
Orisirisi undecided

12 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by politricks: 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
Which kind of embarrassment is this?. Later we would blame some people for not respecting us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by efilefun(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
lol
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by lekjons(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
It ain't suprising,
NIGERIA
where stealing is not corruption

where first lady of a country is lipsrsealed

where people trek from different part of the country to F.C.T. for politicians just get a handshake embarassed

this is Nigeria, home of mysteries
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by eleojo23: 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
That picture is really funny.

Why is the man looking so sad? Let him enjoy the ride jare.
Na the 'driver' and his entourage on Legedis Benz go tire. grin

But on a more serious note, some aspects of culture need to be discarded, especially those that have to do with superstition.

This stuff is embarrassing to us as nation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by njuwo(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
smiley
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by SHARIAREPORTERS: 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
Screw tradition I spit on culture
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Drdaps(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
The man looked worried
Anyway he enjoy free ride grin

5 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Situation001(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
ok
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Hardheolar(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
Things like diz happen Only in d ___________ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Chillext(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
This movie go sweet die!

3 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
some of these sacrifices are hilarious and fake

d other day i saw a masquerade drinking beer

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
So some towns still uphold these nasty traditions undecided undecided
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by asumo12: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
Abasha

iranu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by loomer: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
This one pass home video o
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Carinaflo(f): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
grin ;DI can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by coldsummer: 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Dude is being chauffeur driven

5 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by tuoyoojo(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
ok

sincerely i need an explaination.......how did this hit front page when there are better topics brewing in other sections

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by eightsin(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Lol
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
iranu.. you better accept Islam before its too late. LA ila ilala cleanse you from all sin except idol worshiping. That is to say, you will not be forgiven if you die as idol worshipper. Don't quote me please. I am not referring to any nairalander.

4 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Lagusta(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
grin
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by adorablepepple(f): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
undecided
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Spaxon(f): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
why u too de lie lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Khadija Yusra Sanusi Graduates From American University Of France (Photos) / Cultural Similarities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.