Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction (21692 Views)

Bayelsa Guber:suspected APC Thugs Chase Away PDP Agents From Polling Unit / PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / Rivers PDP Faction Expels Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
Why We Broke Away, By PDP Faction

[img]http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/pdp4.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]

We address you today as leaders of PDP, who are worried by the increasing repression, restrictions of freedom of association, arbitrary suspension of members and other such violations of democratic principles by a faction of our party led by Alhaji Bamanga Tukur .

While we have done everything humanly possible to bring to the attention of critical stakeholders within the party the dangers inherent in the course being charted by that leadership, it has become very clear that the desperate permutations towards 2015 general elections have blinded certain people from the consequences of their actions.

Not only has the constitution of the party been serially abused by Alhaji Tukur and his fellow travelers, all the organs of the party have been rendered virtually ineffectual by a few people who act as though above the law. Unfortunately, it is obvious that that they get encouragement from the presidency whose old calculations are geared towards shutting out any real or imagined opposition ahead of the party’s presidential primaries for the 2015 elections.

As leaders of our great party, we consider it a sacred responsibility to save the PDP from the antics of a few desperadoes who have no democratic temperament and are therefore bent on hijacking the party for selfish ends. While the list of their violations of the tenets of our great party is long, we will highlight just a few:

The National Executive Committee of the PDP at its belated meeting of 20 June 2013 approved 20 July 2013 for the conduct of a special national convention.

However, that date was changed to August 31 without reverting to NEC ( the only authority vested with such powers) by a few people, apparently acting on the authority of the presidency.

Notwithstanding the fact that INEC had noted that the PDP congresses in nine states were not properly conducted, the illegal delegates from such states are being paraded at the so-called convention being held today in a cynical attempt to circumvent the law and further bring the name of the party to disrepute.

In gross violation of the PDP constitution which stipulates that the NEC meeting must hold at least once in a quarter, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and a few people have been running the party like a personal fiefdom without recourse to that important decision-making organ of the party.

The NEC of the party accepted the resignation of the former members of the NWC whose offices were affected by INEC observations based principally on the agreement that the affected officers would be returned to their respective offices at the convention. However, against the decision of the NEC. And in a not-so-clever bid to exclude some perceived opponents of the few powerful members who are trying to hijack the party, these positions have been made Open to some Yes-men within the party.

Notwithstanding INEC instance that Senator Any Uba is the duly elected candidate of the party in Anambra State and against the background that he is so recognized by majority of our party members, the Bamanga Tukur-led Executives announced a purported suspension of Senator Uba and some other members close to him in defiance of subsisting court orders.

Despite that the PDP Constitution is very clear that the state chapter of the party cannot discipline a national officer, the Deputy National Chairman, Mr. Sam Jaja, has reportedly been dismissed by some renegades who have hijacked the Rivers State chapter of our party with the connivance of the Bamanga Tukur leadership.

The persistent change in the list of the party’s delegates in many states as part of a deliberate attempt to rig the party’s nomination of candidates, especially at the presidential and gubernatorial levels, with a view to foisting on the PDP some unpopular candidates who are bound to lose at the polls.

The suspension without due process of the Governors of Rivers and Sokoto states. Even when the illegal suspension on Sokoto State Governor has been lifted, the Rivers Governor remains purportedly suspended for no just cause.
The illegal dissolution of the Adamawa State chapter of the party is a clear abuse of power by Alhaji Bamanga Tukur thus causing confusion in his home state.

Source
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Bamanga Turkur has killed PDP. I wonder why Jonathan is hell bent on keeping that old fool. I once predicted this Andy Ubah situation will drown him

8 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe: Bamanga Turkur has killed PDP. I wonder why Jonathan is hell bent on keeping that old fool. I once predicted this Andy Ubah situation will drown him

Ubas are bad news to the PDP, please spare us your love for them.

18 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nonsense! There's nothing new in the watery press release. They want to control the structure of the party at the national level and disgrace the president. But so far they'v failed on all fronts.

These governors control their states hundred percent but they do not want to respect the president's right to control the party at the national level

65 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
Finally, PDP has imploded. APC has a rare chance to take the center.

10 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by vedaxcool(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
No honor amongst thieves!

12 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by baynix(m): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Whr's Berem?? Make i follo you dance Skelewu!! grin grin

Enemies Of The Nation Are Falling!!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by BigBelleControl(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
ETT
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nonsense! There's nothing new in the watery press release. They want to control the structure of the party at the national level and disgrace the president. But so far they'v failed on all fronts.

These governors control their states hundred percent but they do not want to respect the president's right to control the party at the national level

I agree wit 90% of what you said but the part that says they want to disgrace the president is watery! Who is the president if I may ask? Is he God,a Deity or an Oracle that can't be challenged if he errs or if he is committing an infraction against his own party's constitution?

Even OBJ was not this brazen,crude and desperate....he didn't suppress dissent and opposition in the party. Ekwueme,Rochas and some people contested the party primaries with him even if he used monetary inducement to have his way but he ddint go openly to crush them....he employed subterfuge,guile and tact

But GEJ is clueless hence pandering to the wish of those who are asking him to bare his fangs too early...infact we were told OBJ begged Atiku at some point but the moment he got his 2nd term ticket,he went on to decimate Atiku

That's what I expect GEJ to do but he is too hasty to wrap things up hence riding rough-shod over perceived enemies

68 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Why are they still using the name PDP? They should be ashamed that they are fighting for their pockets and not for the masses. They should form a new party or join APC .............but they should know that no vacancy in aso rock till 2019.

13 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

Ubas are bad news to the PDP, please spare us your love for them.
You are talking nonsense, so who is good news to the PDP? Bamanga Turkur is responsible for the death of PDP if it happens.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You are talking nonsense, so who is good news to the PDP? Bamanga Turkur is responsible for the death of PDP if it happens.

The Ubas are free to join Atiku's new wing or APC. PDP does not and will not need them. If you think, the PDP is dead, then you are sorely mistaken.

9 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

The Ubas are free to join Atiku's new wing or APC. PDP does not and will not need them.
which of the PDP's are you talking about here clown.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I agree wit 90% of what you said but the part that says they want to disgrace the president is watery! Who is the president if I may ask? Is he God,a Deity or an Oracle that can't be challenged if he errs or if he is committing an infraction against his own party's constitution?

Even OBJ was not this brazen,crude and desperate....he didn't suppress dissent and opposition in the party. Ekwueme,Rochas and some people contested the party primaries with him even if he used monetary inducement to have his way but he ddint go openly to crush them....he employed subterfuge,guile and tact

But GEJ is clueless hence pandering to the wish of those who are asking him to bare his fangs too early...infact we were told OBJ begged Atiku at some point but the moment he got his 2nd term ticket,he went on to decimate Atiku

That's what I expect GEJ to do but he is too hasty to wrap things up hence riding rough-shod over perceived enemies
lol @emboldened..... So GEJ is more brazen and uses crude power than OBJ?? Choi!! Bro, abeg when were you born??

13 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Are you talking of the same OBJ that ruled from 1999 till 2007? OBJ that removed disloyal governors with 5 legislators? OBJ that decimated AD in the southwest with Iwu's INEC? OBJ that told Amaechi to step down as candidate of PDP in 2007 because his candidature has "k-leg"? Who could stand in the way of OBJ when he held sway? If you'r having amnesia, I am not.

16 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
I heard badmanga tukur's wife is Ijaw that's why Jonathan is hell bent on making him the PDP chairman. How true is this please? grin
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: I heard badmanga tukur's wife is Ijaw that's why Jonathan is hell bent on making him the PDP chairman. How true is this please? grin

Are you one of the people having ijaw fever I hope not.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Those that break away did so because of their greed. Compare the leadership style of Turkur and that of Ali during OBJ and tell me which is better.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Eledan: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: I heard badmanga tukur's wife is Ijaw that's why Jonathan is hell bent on making him the PDP chairman. How true is this please? grin

Wife number what? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH:
Even OBJ was not this brazen,crude and desperate....he didn't suppress dissent and opposition in the party. Ekwueme,Rochas and some people contested the party primaries with him even if he used monetary inducement to have his way but he ddint go openly to crush them....[b]he employed subterfuge,guile and tact[/b]

Had GEJ aligned himself with the Nigerian people and not sectional interests to begin with, he might have been afforded enough latitude and time to develop the type of guile you wrote about.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
which of the PDP's are you talking about here clown.

Freeglobe, keep your insults to yourself. Ubas are bad news to PDP, disagree all you want. The reason, the party is not strong in Anambra today, can be traced to the Uba family. Keep your emotions away and do a simple political analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

lol @emboldened..... So GEJ is more brazen and uses crude power than OBJ?? Choi!! Bro, abeg when were you born?? ... And in yr tirade above you mentioned ACN; are you aware that without GEJ there wud not be an ACN, abi na APC, to talk about? Do you know that if OBJ was still in Power none of these political parties wud hv ever bn allowed to win any significant elections in this our Nigeria, nor wud any party be registered?? Which is exactly why OBJ was a 'strong' leader, and GEJ is a 'weak' one- Nigeriastyle

6 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
confusion247:
Those that break away did so because of their greed. Compare the leadership style of Turkur and that of Ali during OBJ and tell me which is better.
God question...
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
confusion247:
well, they gave cogent reasons. Why would Bamanga Turkur accept court judgment quickly for Rivers PDP and refuse same for Anambra PDP. Ali was a better Chairman than Turkur despite being a retired soldier.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Are you talking of the same OBJ that ruled from 1999 till 2007? OBJ that removed disloyal governors with 5 legislators? OBJ that decimated AD in the southwest with Iwu's INEC? OBJ that told Amaechi to step down as candidate of PDP in 2007 because his candidature has "k-leg"? Who could stand in the way of OBJ when he held sway? If you'r having amnesia, I am not.
You dey mind that child grin...

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Longeria(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
If they're men with functional pen!s let them form their own let see. Last week we heard of a new party linked to this same 7 vagabonds, yet they all denied it, the coast is clear now.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

Freeglobe, keep your insults to yourself. Ubas are bad news to PDP, disagree all you want. The reason, the party is not strong in Anambra today, can be traced to the Uba family. Keep your emotions away and do a simple political analysis.
So you would prefer Tony Neogene (Who btw was an active member of the Uba camp) to the Ubas. Tony Nwoye a cultist and criminal
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
taharqa: lol @emboldened..... So GEJ is more brazen and uses crude power than OBJ?? Choi!! Bro, abeg when were you born?? ... And in yr tirade above you mentioned ACN; are you aware that without GEJ there wud not be an ACN, abi na APC, to talk about? Do you know that if OBJ was still in Power none of these political parties wud hv ever bn allowed to win any significant elections in this our Nigeria, nor wud any party be registered?? Which is exactly why OBJ was a 'strong' leader, and GEJ is a 'weak' one- Nigeriastyle

You are very wrong here Comrade. Primarily because change is a natural constant, Obasanjo would have had to concede ground eventually. In fact, the failure of his TTA, despite the war chest devoted to that enterprise, was something of a watershed moment. As our democratic institutions have been evolving since 1999, we need locate a discussion like this on a continuum.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by kukutin: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
All of this politics is meaningless when you realize that man's basic needs are love, food, shelter and a phat woman by his side.

Check out:
https://www.nairaland.com/1420258/beauty-phat-chunky-big-girls

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you would prefer Tony Neogene (Who btw was an active member of the Uba camp) to the Ubas. Tony Nwoye a cultist and criminal

I am a strong supporter of the PDP, but I am not supporting Uba or Nwoye in this election. I only wished the minster of aviation entered the race. APGA will win, and I'm also okay with that.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I amsure that you were born in the year 2011 politically if not you would have known the real reason why EFCC was set up by OBJ and those who fall victim of EFCC comando style.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

I am a strong supporter of the PDP, but I am not supporting Uba or Nwoye in this election. I only wished the minster of aviation entered the race. APGA will win, and I'm also okay with that.
I see you are one of the Peter Obi sycophants. We shall see how APGA will win then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses / Defaced Posters Of Jimi Agbaje On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) / Hypocrisy : Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari ( Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.