Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand (18821 Views)

Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. / Fish Rained In Thailand (photos & Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by yunfazz: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2013

A British student has been left with permanent scarring after a one-hundred-and-eighty kilogram tiger attacked her at an animal sanctuary in Thailand.

Human Sciences university student Isabelle Brennan, 19, and her sister Georgie, 21, had only been traveling for a week when the attack took place at Tiger Temple sanctuary in Thailand's west.

"We were given a talk beforehand and told not to touch the tiger’s head and to remove dangly jewellery," Brennan told the UK's The Daily Mail.

"We were then shown how to wash a tiger’s back."

It was while Isabelle was petting and washing a tiger that the animal turned it's head and mauled her, pushing her to the ground and biting through her thigh.

"Everything happened so fast," Brennan said.

"One minute I was petting a tiger’s back, the next it turned its head and knocked me to the ground with its paw."

Keepers at the animal sanctuary were quick to act, jumping between Brennan and the animal as elder sister Georgie dragged her away.

"As it lunged with its teeth I felt an agonising pain on the inside of my left thigh above my knee.

"When I looked down at my leg it was terrifying. All I could see was blood," she continued.

Two friends traveling with the girls quickly tied a tourniquet around Isabelle's leg to stop the bleeding.

She was taken to a local hospital where 'tens of stitched' were required to repair the large leg wound.

Isabelle also contracted an infection and high fever, keeping her in hospital in Thailand for more than two weeks.

"The Tiger Temple staff were very upset. They paid for all my treatment in hospital and visited every day."

"They explained the tiger was just being playful," she told the paper.

"However, I want to warn others going to Tiger Temple that the animals might not be as docile as they first appear."

Upon her return to the UK, Brennan was wheelchair bound and had to re-learn how to walk unassisted.

"I was nervous about going into the Temple,’ Brennan said.

"However, I was reassured by the staff that as the tigers had been hand-reared, they were so used to humans they were completely tame.

"They were also tethered by chains and the staff told me no-one had ever been seriously injured."

"In hindsight I had an incredibly lucky escape. I could have lost my leg or worse."

The animal park where the attack took place is one of only a few in the world where tourists can get up-close-and-personal with the animals.

The tigers are reportedly hand-reared by Buddhist monks in the area.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/18742356/tourist-19-mauled-by-tiger/

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/girl-mauled-by-tiger.html

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by gbishop: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2013
barbecue timz

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by stevecantrell: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
A very lucky (silly) white gurl.

5 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by informa: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
jesu christi

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by dplomaticVal: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
she got wht she bargained for... besides the injury she got is vry small l expctd to cee smthing more bigger undecided
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by pheyikemi: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
I hope she's satisfied now dat one of her leg is pointing 6'O clock and the other is pointing 3'O clock. She ought to knw a tiger = wild animal and not a pet even a year old nigerian kid knws this . Thank God she's alive sha.

5 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by badmarket: 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
She still dey pose...

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by honeric01(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Why starve this tiger of a nice gullible meal?

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by chizoba191: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by wisestman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
grin end times tins......

5 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by DICKtator: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hope the phuccking tiger was eventually used for target practice?

SILLY THANG!!!

SCUM OF THE EARTH!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Lilaex: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
END TIME TINZ grin

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by obi4eze(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
These whites refuse to learn.
Wild animals have 'wild' brains.
Thank God you weren't eaten up.

1 Like

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Ichel: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
B4 na man wey dey attack tiger 4 wild nw na tiger dey attack man, so i gon follow em prophets shout End of Time Tinz, cuz diz one d signs
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Tiger bite ur fresh lap and still dey shine teeth...Na small u see...
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Petting a tiger She just wants me to tell her 'End time tinz' and i will! Sorry dear,but END TIME TINZ... angry

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by ebamma(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
If she wanted to commit suicide, there are better and less violent means than this, next time please take rat poison, its easy to use and less violent

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by 3RNEST(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
A time will come when one tiger will attack a 19yrs old girl in thailand, all are end-time tinz so say the book of nairaland... grin

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by teeawaii(f): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
She is so lucky she didnt die in d process.How on earth wld i choose 2go near a tiger,let alone touch it.Hmmm,Whites and their thirst 4 adventure¤
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by kunlesehan(m): 2:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
the tiger be like yuzedo. e like sweet fine ice cream laps ... lol

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by YoshiMaster: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
obi4eze: These whites refuse to learn.
Wild animals have 'wild' brains.
Thank God you weren't eaten up.

Tell that to this guy right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0SbwdSO7A
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Exponental(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
I think she is fulfilled now.
She wanted to show d world from a pix dat she could touch a living tiger, but (un)-fortunately, she added anoda, she was bitten n she didnt die..... Congrats!!!
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Kslib(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
These people no dey hear word? Haba..
Crocodile gives young man a death roll..
Python kills little children..
Now,tiger don kukuere this young girl
Dem no dey learn their lesson.?
Na by force to play with dangerous animal?
If you wan play with animal,play with goat,cat,rat,earthworm,ant,millipede,grasshopper or spider and leave those oga at the top alone..
Africans kuku know the kain animals wey dem dey play with..
We never finish play with mosquito finish,na tiger person dey play with.. Isssokay!!!
All izz well!

5 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by ygenius: 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Maybe she think na that popular golf player she dey play with#white woman mentality
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by dokunbam(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
she got what she wanted

attention
das or
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by NotoriousDS1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Download this Latest by DS1- it's the first Nigerian International collaboration Hit that collected Grammy award in Brooklyn NYC recently using this link http://www.playmyjamz.com/share/IOy0SX7QJF2466 featuring Nas,Bignew wed9. Nigerian music Industry is going to the Next level.

BBM him on 216071C9 or KiK him on perr210 or follow him @NotoriousDS1
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by plainmirror(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Why waste your time browsing all day without earning some profit....kindly click on dis link to get started http://MegaStoon.Com/?share=15666
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by mascot87(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
It seems the bites of these wild animals are very pleasant to these white people. undecided
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by NotoriousDS1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Download this Latest by DS1- it's the first Nigerian International collaboration Hit that collected Grammy award in Brooklyn NYC recently using this link http://www.playmyjamz.com/share/IOy0SX7QJF2466 featuring Nas,Bignew wed9. Nigerian music Industry is going to the Next level.

BBM him on 216071C9 or KiK him on perr210 or follow him @NotoriousDS1,.
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Vallyleroy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

people get mind
Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Okijajuju1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Tiger dey ehn own dey chill and collect #FRESHAIR Not the same as Jonathans fresh Air o, na ehn Oyinbo girl wey red like fresh meat waka come price ehn market... angry

Wetin she been expect the Tiger to do?!

The Gods|Tiger are not to blame.. angry

2 Likes

Re: 19-yr-old Girl Attacked By A Tiger In Thailand by Samelfisha(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

is that guy real? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ancient Inventions Far Ahead Of Their Time And Beyond Modern Understanding / Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian / The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.