Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat (65080 Views)

A Siberian Tiger tracked and killed a poacher / 12 Monkeys Die From Heart Attacks In India After They Were Scared By A Tiger / The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by 2tanG0: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
An odd and remarkable thing happened when a live goat was put into the enclosure of a Siberian tiger as part of its twice-a-week feeding of live animals at the Primorsky Safari Park in Russia: Amur the tiger became friends with its dinner.

In a story that has captivated Russia, Timur the goat and Amur the tiger have become fast friends, eating and playing together, chasing each other in the snow and even playfully head-butting each other, according to the Agence France-Presse .

Timur the goat has even taken over the shelter Amur the tiger usually sleeps in, and now Amur sleeps on the shelter’s roof.

So enamored is the public about this unusual relationship that Primorsky Safari Park issues regular updates and plans to install webcams in the enclosure.

How did this unlikely friendship happen?

Simply stated, when the goat was released into the enclosure it did not show any fear. It didn’t act like prey.

“No one had taught the goat to be afraid of tigers,” the park stated. So the adversaries became friends, instead. Zoo chief Dmitry Mezentsev called it nothing short of a miracle.

“This is a sign from above,” he told AFP. “People, take a look at yourselves. There are wars everywhere — Ukraine, Syria — while such different animals can live together in peace.”

The typical day starts with a morning walk around the enclosure with the goat following the tiger. On Wednesday, the goat poked the tiger with its horns.

“The tiger accepted the goat’s challenge,” the park reported. “He pushed his forehead against Timur’s horns, the friends butted heads for five seconds without coming to blows, after which Amur calmly went to bask in the sun on the hill.”

When it comes to feeding, Amur is now getting a diet of live rabbits “out of respect for goats,” Mezentsev told AFP, and the tiger has attempted to teach the goat how to catch the prey.

And Timur has shown Amur how to lick a block of salt that it was given.

“We liked the story of the friendship between the tiger and the goat simply because a normal person cannot always live amid the lies, hatred and humiliation,” a Russian online op-ed said in Gazeta.ru, according to AFP. “One would like to believe it is possible not to gobble up the weak but be friends with them.”

But will Amur the tiger eventually gobble up Timur the goat?

Novosibirsk zoo director Rostislav Shilo told TASS there was an 80 to 85 percent chance of that the Siberian tiger would eventually eat the goat.
But Mezentsev isn’t buying it.

“Timur is in no more danger than a human living next to another human,” he told AFP.

http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/siberian-tiger-becomes-unlikely-friends-with-a-goat-it-was-given-to-eat/#4YJjwvql47Uxsmwj.97

43 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by 2tanG0: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
This is to show that animals don't just need food, water and space to move around.Sometimes, they need a friend too.

350 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by delishpot: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
Even the tiger smart pass some Nigerians. Everything dem see na to kill and post on Nairaland
I hope the can learn a lesson or two from this tiger

366 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by ataspray(m): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
i love this

15 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by akinladejo: 2:22am On Dec 13, 2015
Nice friendship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by 2tanG0: 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
Updates On Amur The Tiger And Timur The Goat

Amur the Tiger and his new best friend Timur the Goat are now on social media, so everyone can now
follow them online.

The Instagram account of the two friends doesn't have silly stuff, like endless selfies or pictures of their feet, but cool images of them playing, chilling out and
simply being themselves. Their lnstagram account already has over 1,900 followers.

The tiger and the goat also have Facebook account, as well as accounts on the Russian-language Vkontakte and Odnoklassniki social media platforms.

"We're going to post interesting pictures and lively videos," a representative of the Safari Park in Russia's Primorsky Territory said, according to Gazeta.ru.

Earlier it was reported that the Safari Park, which has become famous due to the unique friendship between Amur and Timur, began fundraising to improve conditions for the animals at the facility.

http://m.sputniknews.com/art_living/20151221/1032083573/amur-tiger-timur-goat-social-media-account.html

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by 2tanG0: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Armur and Timur continue with their friendship, and this got them social media accounts

1 Like

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by ModiKen(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
Endtime friendship

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by vicostyles(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmmmm.....no think am ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by aaamos(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
F
Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Akrider: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
copy that
Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Sunnycliff(m): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
If only we can at times learn from these lower creatures, I think this world would be a better place for all

16 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by jnrbayano(m): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
....just a matter of time and the goat will make a nice meal.

No matter how dumb goats behave, this one is well aware of his impending fate.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by eleojo23: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
The tiger is fasting and waiting for 2016.
He is taking his time to allow the goat fatten up for the new year. grin

I would advice that goat to run away on new year's eve if he intends to live to see his grandchildren, sorry grandKIDS. grin

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by VickyRotex(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
So cute kiss kiss

I hope it ends well grin cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by nextstep(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Silly tiger... there are some of us in Naija who didn't see goat to eat for Christmas, so could you send your unused goat to us? We will take very good care of it grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by bond77(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
the day the tiger would pounce on the goat eh grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by wunmi590(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by VickyRotex(f): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
delishpot:
Even the tiger smart pass some Nigerians. Everything dem see na to kill and post on Nairaland
I hope the can learn a lesson or two from this tiger

cheesy I hope so too embarassed

1 Like

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by dOnLarich: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
I. Laff. In. Chinese. grin grin

take my word

A day is coming that the tiger will be hungry n its true nature will be reveled to the goateee.... grin. I pity the poor goat anyways

Its not new to me anyways cause have taken a selfie with a lion n its crew before in a thick forest as in think forest wey be say ray of light no reach there if not for the help of my iPhone 6 minus halogen flashlight everything for just dark...

grin grin

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
Friends? You just give it time. grin

4 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by ideology(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
shocked

More romance to them, would love to know the end of this tale …

3 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by clevadani: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hungry neva beat the tiger.

5 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Toluabigr8(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Noted
Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Mcowubaba: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Do u knw hw bored that siberian Tiger has been....
I think it has been alone in solitary confinement for a long time...
Not bad to have a Friend(company) that has "kinda of" similar characteristics with it..

But the tiger may eventually eat the goat, but it may take some time..
If I am in a good position, I will bring out the goat- it has overcame cool..nd release the goat to freedom..

33 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Defcon1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
It won't end well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by JohnEazy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Friends with benefits

6 Likes

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Tiger with the heart of GEJ! Very Peaceful. smiley

If the Tiger had the heart of Buhari, that goat for hear am ...e for even request for dog and baboon join angry

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by jnrbayano(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Sunnycliff:
If only we can at times learn from these lower creatures, I think this world would be a better place for all

Learn what?

Learn to pass up a meal?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by kennyman2000(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siberian Tiger Becomes Unlikely Friends With A Goat It Was Given To Eat by macphilip: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
The Tiger is simply taking his time,
allowing the foolish goat fatten up in order to enjoy bigger meat.
till then, enjoy your friendship, Mr. Goat.
Wise Tiger!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ancient Egyptian Mummy Unearthed With Shining Gold Tongue After 2000 Years (Pix) / Giant Monitor Lizard Captured In Lekki Today And Slaughtered In No Time / Malnourished Lion At Benue University Zoo Roaring (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.