Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Forget About People’s Messy Past - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forget About People’s Messy Past (584 Views)

Exclusive: The Messy Details Of Pastor Chris’ Divorce / What Does Islam/quran Says About People Like ISIS ? / Messy Sex Life Of Liberation City Prophet, Chris Okafor …sleeps With Countless F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forget About People’s Messy Past by sidespin: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2013
FORGET ABOUT PEOPLE’S MESSY PAST

Someone once said to me, "Did you hear what happened? That
preacher had an affair with his secretary." "He did? But it looks like God is really blessing him and his church. When did this happen?" I asked "Oh, about twelve years ago." He replied "Then why are you talking about it now! That shouldn't be told about him. That's a lie the devil told on him because that man repented and got right with God. So that sin has been blotted out by the blood of Jesus. "It's in the sea of forgetfulness. God forgot about it, and if you're going to walk in love, you've got to forget about it, too, and not go around talking about it!"

Did you ever read in the Bible where it said, "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins" (1 Peter 4:cool. It also says, "Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins" (Prov. 10:12). Love is not out uncovering sins; love covers sin. I pastored nearly twelve years. I saw certain things about certain church members, but I never told anyone, not even my wife. Why? Because it may have damaged them. You may say, "But they did wrong." But most of the time those folks came to themselves and said, "Dear Lord! How did I get into this? Lord, please forgive me." And they got right back out of it. But if I'd gone and told it, then everyone would know, and every time they looked at the person, they'd think evil about that. And then the devil would try to bring it to their remembrance too. No! Love covers a multitude of sins! (Kenneth E. Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

Ẹṣẹ / The Foolish Virgins: Salvation Or Eternal Life May Be Too Late For You. / Prophet TB Joshua Prays For The Ongoing ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.