Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections (4317 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2013
If recent events are anything to go by, then it is safe to say that Ngige has secured victory in the coming Anambra elections because the Actors that could have challenged him have either been disqualified or in a state of disarray. Ngige lost the last Gubernatorial election to Peter Obi simply because Obi was the incumbent. Now that Obi is out of the picture, i think the race is now open but Ngige stands a very goods chance because his followership in Anambra state is massive and it was evident in the votes he got at the last election. The person that would have challenged him and probably won is Chukwuma Soludo but he's been schemed out of the picture. Soludo would have used his relative popularity and the popularity of APGA to get to Awka government house. Willy Obaino cannot win an election in Nigeria because he's a relative political nonentity in Anambra. The popularity of his party(APGA) and the support of the incumbent governor may get him some votes but that will not be enough to win. As for the candidates of the two PDP factions, i think they should just forget it cos a house divided among itself cannot stand. So, invariably the loss of these people is Ngige's gain. My name is Afamefuna and due to events that have schemed Soludo out of the race, i hereby lend my support to Chris Nwabueze Ngige to become the governor of Anambra state.

8 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
Just wait till Chino and his cohorts descend on this thread, you'll regret opening it in the 1st place!

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by omiobo: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afamefuna,you have spoken well. Others should swallow their pride and eat better bushmeat than to eat cockroach.

Ngige all the way!

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by slimghost(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
In your warped mind! APGA all the way! Come to Anambra and feel it in the air.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
if the church is behind ngige he will garner lots of votes...
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by slimghost(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
asha 80: if the church is behind ngige he will garner lots of votes...
Unfortunately, the church is behind Obiano and Peter Obi and so is Uwazuruike.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
slimghost:
that is why i left an open ended statement because i know who the churches support and i know a reckless statement ngige made about the church.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls let's not over-estimate the support of the church. If the support of the church was sooo important then Peter Obi would have won by a wider margin in the last election owing to the fact that he was the icumbent, so i don't think the church support will be enough for Obiano this time around.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls let's not over-estimate the support of the church. If the support of the church was sooo important then Peter Obi would have won by a wider margin in the last election owing to the fact that he was the icumbent, so i don't think the church support will be enough for Obiano this time around.
as at 2010 the missionary primary,secondary schools and hospitals had not been handed over to the churches and money set aside to rehabilitate and run them so the churches at that time were probably a bit neutral then. Also one of the reasons ohakim lost election in imo is because of the perceived hatred from the churches because of what he did to a priest.heck even rochas used that incident in his campaigns.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by slimghost(m): 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls let's not over-estimate the support of the church. If the support of the church was sooo important then Peter Obi would have won by a wider margin in the last election owing to the fact that he was the icumbent, so i don't think the church support will be enough for Obiano this time around.
And who told you he didn't win Ngige by a wide margin? Stop dabbling into things you know nothing about. Face your state! Go and write it down somewhere today, APGA will win that election. The rural dwellers in Anambra are massively pro-Obi and those dudes count a lot at the polls. You can stay on NL and cast your vote for Ngige but it won't change the fact that he won't and can't win a Governorship elections in Anambra state.

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by CapitalCee(m): 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
slimghost: In your warped mind! APGA all the way! Come to Anambra and feel it in the air.
which part of anambra are u now, because the location i am now, Ngige will defeat Apga hands down, so dont deceive ppl,,,am not a staunch suppoter of Ngige but tthat man has grassroot support
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
slimghost:
And who told you he didn't win Ngige by a wide margin? Stop dabbling into things you know nothing about. Face your state! Go and write it down somewhere today, APGA will win that election. The rural dwellers in Anambra are massively pro-Obi and those dudes count a lot at the polls. You can stay on NL and cast your vote for Ngige but it won't change the fact that he won't and can't win a Governorship elections in Anambra state.

Obi got 97,843 votes to defeat his closest rival, Dr Chris Ngige, who came second with 60,240 votes, while Professor Chukwuma Soludo came third with 59,355 votes. I think that's a poor result for an incumbent who recieved the support of the church according to you.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
when people talk of rural dwellers then ngige would win with those rural dwellers in idemmilli north and south,nnewi but rural dwellers in most of anambra north,parts of ihiala,orumba north and south might have other ideas.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

Obi got 97,843 votes to defeat his closest rival, Dr Chris Ngige, who came second with 60,240 votes, while Professor Chukwuma Soludo came third with 59,355 votes. I think that's a poor result for an incumbent who recieved the support of the church according to you.

Obi,Ngige,and Soludo are all catholics.The church did not declare support for anyone during the elections.APGA won because of the ojukwu factor.

The catholic church is always non-partisan when it comes to politics.Ohakim brought about his own political doom by beating up a catholic priest.Ordinarily the church would not have gotten involved in the imo elections.

The same thing will happen to okorocha unless he withdraws the abortion law.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
chukwudi44:

Obi,Ngige,and Soludo are all catholics.The church did not declare support for anyone during the elections.APGA won because of the ojukwu factor.

The catholic church is always non-partisan when it comes to politics.Ohakim brought about his own political doom by beating up a catholic priest.Ordinarily the church would not have gotten involved in the imo elections.

The same thing will happen to okorocha unless he withdraws the abortion law.

Exactly! I even forgot that Ojukwu was alive when Obi won his second election. Now that Ojukwu is gone, i think it's a test for APGA cos Obi does not even wield 20% of the power that Ikemba wielded in Anambra. So, his support for Obiano will count for little.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by gregg2: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Obiano will win.
Afam, will you bet me?

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
anyway nov 16 would decide which sides are armchair analysts.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by FreeGlobe(f): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
This is the truth. All these people saying church this and that are very ignorant. We forget about Anambra civil servants who are 100% against Peter Obi and have a soft spot for Ngige because he cleared their salaries. In the absence of a Soludo and the going on in PDP, Ngige is the next governor, forget what these Peter Obi goons on Nairaland say.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Capital Cee:
which part of anambra are u now, because the location i am now, Ngige will defeat Apga hands down, so dont deceive ppl,,,am not a staunch suppoter of Ngige but tthat man has grassroot support
tell them o
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by CapitalCee(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
asha 80: when people talk of rural dwellers then ngige would win with those rural dwellers in idemmilli north and south,nnewi but rural dwellers in most of anambra north,parts of ihiala,orumba north and south might have other ideas.

let me give you my predicted voting pattern in the forthcoming election
Anambra north,
both Tony Nwoye and Willy Obiano are from Aguleri in anambra east Lga, so there may be vote splitting between the two off them in the following Lgas: Anambra east and west,Anyamelum and Oyi. Ngige to gather the crumbs here. Ogbaru Lga is done and dusted for Apga. Then Apga will win Onitsha north/south closely followed by APC, ngige still enjoys goodwill among traders. Onitsha north/south has up to 1/4 of the population of this zone
ANAMBRA CENTRAL
Apga will sweep anaocha Lga. Because of peter obi,dora and victor umeh, then ApC will sweep Idenmili north/south. Then apga will slightly edge apc in Njikoka and dunukofia. While Apc/ngige will slightly edge apga in Awka north/south. With pdp coming distant 3rd. Note that idenmili north/south has up 1/4 of the total votes of this zone.
ANAMBRA SOUTH
in Nnewi north/south Apga and Pdp will edge Apc with a little margin due to Ojukwu.the margin will be little because some part will vote for Ifeanyi uba's LP. Apc will edge Ekwusigo becos ngige enjoys ppl's good will there. In ihiala apga,pdp and apc will slug it out. orumba north/south are unpredictable but two my friends one in Oko and one in Ogboji told me that Ngige enjoy his ppl good will over there due to the good things he did to the when he was governor. Then in aguata lga. surprisingly Ngige will win there forget ubah and co. Although i stand to be corected no insults pls its jst my prediction
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Capital Cee:

let me give you my predicted voting pattern in the forthcoming election
Anambra north,
both Tony Nwoye and Willy Obiano are from Aguleri in anambra east Lga, so there may be vote splitting between the two off them in the following Lgas: Anambra east and west,Anyamelum and Oyi. Ngige to gather the crumbs here. Ogbaru Lga is done and dusted for Apga. Then Apga will win Onitsha north/south closely followed by APC, ngige still enjoys goodwill among traders.ngige(apc) will win in awka north/south. Onitsha north/south has up to 1/4 of the population of this zone
ANAMBRA CENTRAL
Apga will sweep anaocha Lga. Because of peter obi,dora and victor umeh, the ApC will sweep Idenmili north/south. Then apga will slightly edge apc in Njikoka and dunukofia. While Apc/ngige will slightly edge apga in Awka north/south. With pdp coming distant 3rd. Note that idenmili north/south has up 1/4 of the total votes of this zone.
ANAMBRA SOUTH
in Nnewi north/south Apga and Pdp will edge Apc with a little margin due to Ojukwu.the margin will be little because some part will vote for Ifeanyi ubas LP. Apc will edge Ekwusigo becos has enjoys good will there. In ihiala apga,pdp and apc will slug it out. and in orumba north/south are unpredictable but two my friends one in Oko and one in Ogboji told me that Ngige enjoy his ppl good will over there do to the good things he did to the when he was governor. Then in aguata lga. surprisingly Ngige will win there forget ubah and co. Although i stand to be corected no insults pls its jst my prediction
your predictions seem to be largely correct though i am suprised you gave apga the edge in onitsha north and south...i thought you give it apc...not sure about your prediction for orumba north and awka north though(type 'amansea community ngige angry borehole' on google).
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by omiobo: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
slimghost:

*singing in daddy showkey's voice# See dem...dem don dey come one by one. No be fashola again,na church.

For your own good. U better vote Ngige. How Ngige go tey repent if church no forgive am.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by CapitalCee(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
asha 80: your predictions seem to be largely correct though i am suprised you gave apga the edge in onitsha north and south...i thought you give it apc...not sure about your prediction for orumba north and awka north though(type 'amansea community ngige angry borehole' on google).

yah you are correct in that of orumba, i said its unpredictable, but you will agree with me that Ngige will get more votes than apga in orumba south am not sure of north. That of onitsha i gave it apga because onitsha is not a rural area, but even if apga wins onitsha north/south the margin will be too negligible.i think Ngige will win in awka north/south. I see apga edging nnewi north/south but i fear the effect of ifeanyi uba in that region.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
FreeGlobe: This is the truth. All these people saying church this and that are very ignorant. We forget about Anambra civil servants who are 100% against Peter Obi and have a soft spot for Ngige because he cleared their salaries. In the absence of a Soludo and the going on in PDP, Ngige is the next governor, forget what these Peter Obi goons on Nairaland say.
Very interesting! I'll like to know the major achievements of Ngige during his short stay as the governor of Anambra state. I heard he did so much for Anambra people. I could remember in 2005 or thereabout when Ngige came to IMSU for a convocation ceremony, when he was about leaving the school hall before the event finished, almost all the students left the hall to salute him. It was a sight to behold! Students were singing and chanting praise songs on him " ONWA KA ANYI GA ESO" The loud cheers from the students was overwhelming. That was the first time i saw him face to face. cheesy
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Capital Cee:

yah you are correct in that of orumba, i said its unpredictable, but you will agree with me that Ngige will get more votes than apga in orumba south am not sure of north. That of onitsha i gave it apga because onitsha is not a rural area, but even if apga wins onitsha north/south the margin will be too negligible.i think Ngige will win in awka north/south. I see apga edging nnewi north/south but i fear the effect of ifeanyi uba in that region.
how can i forget the money miss road ifeanyi lol...he definitely going to have a whole no of votes in nnewi especially nnewi north.
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by CapitalCee(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
asha 80: how can i forget the money miss road ifeanyi lol...he definitely going to have a whole no of votes in nnewi especially nnewi north.

that guy is funny ifeanyi ubah is a joker. The fight is between Ngige and Apga. With ngige banking on his pedigree and his numerous fans, apga will depend on incubency and igbo appeal. One thing i fear is that Ngige has tremendous grassroot support cutting accros all LGAs. But apga control more lgas. Willy obiano's non popularity and the vote splitting between him an tony nwoye in anambra north, might work against him. Igbo sentiments may also work against Ngige. All in all it will be a close call
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by oneeast3: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
Afam, why will you sit in your bedroom with your wife and make this assumption? Let me tell you, am on the ground here in Anambra precisely Awka, I know the happening here. Nobody not even one person has any good thing as it stands now to say about Ngige, more especially after the recent harrasment, imprisonment and subsequent deportation of Igbo at 3am like criminals.

If Ngige will get any vote it will definitely come from his immediate family members. Okay, my cousins in Onitsha confirmed that there is no way Ngige can have easy assess even during campaign. MASSOB is even more bitter with Ngige, that they will do anything to frustrate his campaign train.

Most posters of Ngige within and around Onitsha and Awka cities has been torn.

We do not want an extention of yeroba and aboki presense on our soil for anything whatsoever. Anambra people are equally bitter over Buhari's comments in 2011 that led to the killing of Igbos and Anambra people in the north.

Am sure that we Anambrans will not allow and will resist any attempt to bring to our soil anything that has the trade mark of the boko sheik Buhari and most dreaded yeroba fraudster Tinubo to set there eyes on the most important SE state- Anambra.

Ngige you are a good man, but now you are now in very bad company of combination of the two most dreaded evil forces of our time....

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
Capital Cee:

that guy is funny ifeanyi ubah is a joker. The fight is between Ngige and Apga. With ngige banking on his pedigree and his numerous fans, apga will depend on incubency and igbo appeal. One thing i fear is that Ngige has tremendous grassroot support cutting accros all LGAs. But apga control more lgas. Willy obiano's non popularity and the vote splitting between him an tony nwoye in anambra north, might work against him. Igbo sentiments may also work against Ngige. All in all it will be a close call
that is where i fear for obiano....how popular is he with the people?
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by pokur: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
The support of the church is a determining factor in who rules Anambra state.You underestimate it at peril of your political career.Your comment shows you know next to nothing of Anambra politics.
Am in Nnewi as I type this,tho Ifeanyi Ubah seem to be making waves among Nnewi youths,APGA's support here is solid and unwavering.Ngige n APC are nowhere near being reckoned with.Baring any unforeseen circumstance,Willie Obiano is our next governor.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lmao, Chino has finally crashed in on the thread...his statement is as amusing as it is 'fictious'!
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Zonacom(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
one.east3:
Afam, why will you sit in your bedroom with your wife and make this assumption? Let me tell you, am on the ground here in Anambra precisely Awka, I know the happening here. Nobody not even one person has any good thing as it stands now to say about Ngige, more especially after the recent harrasment, imprisonment and subsequent deportation of Igbo at 3am like criminals.

If Ngige will get any vote it will definitely come from his immediate family members. Okay, my cousins in Onitsha confirmed that there is no way Ngige can have easy assess even during campaign. MASSOB is even more bitter with Ngige, that they will do anything to frustrate his campaign train.

Most posters of Ngige within and around Onitsha and Awka cities has been torn.

We do not want an extention of yeroba and aboki presense on our soil for anything whatsoever. Anambra people are equally bitter over Buhari's comments in 2011 that led to the killing of Igbos and Anambra people in the north.

Am sure that we Anambrans will not allow and will resist any attempt to bring to our soil anything that has the trade mark of the boko sheik Buhari and most dreaded yeroba fraudster Tinubo to set there eyes on the most important SE state- Anambra.

Ngige you are a good man, but now you are now in very bad company of combination of the two most dreaded evil forces of our time....

Lwtmb! Chino you sure dont dissapoint anytime anyday. Your exagerations are mind blowing. Some months back you were chanting OSELOKA OBAZE; some weeks back, SOLUDO. Now its WILLY, shey?
Though i'm fast loosing interest in the outcome of the elections, but from the look of things bro, IT WILL REQUIRE A GREAT DEAL OF CAMPAIGNING FOR APGA TO WIN NGIGE COME NOVEMBER.

To me, Its easier to predict the winner of a match between man-u and chelsea than the winner of the forthcoming elections.
Na only GOD sabi
Re: Chris Ngige Will Win The Anambra Elections by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
pokur:
The support of the church is a determining factor in who rules Anambra state.You underestimate it at peril of your political career.Your comment shows you know next to nothing of Anambra politics.
Am in Nnewi as I type this,tho Ifeanyi Ubah seem to be making waves among Nnewi youths,APGA's support here is solid and unwavering.Ngige n APC are nowhere near being reckoned with.Baring any unforeseen circumstance,Willie Obiano is our next governor.
I never said the church is not a determining factor. I only said it's over-exagerated and i related it to the fact that someone said Obi won the last time cos the church was behind him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SUPPORT Gen Buhari"s Presidential Aspiration Come 2015 / Why Did He Postpone The Election...Obasanjo reacts / Buhari Coming To Polling Boot With Military Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.