Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months (15546 Views)

The Danger Of "Ember"month..myth Or Reality / 8 Ways That People Get Demonized Or Possessed / Your Prayers As We Begin The "Ember" Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Deeaba(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
In my own opinion getting scared of ember months is just one of our many superstitious beliefs. Ember months r just like every other month of the year. Nigerians have this negative mindset towards these months and once you have a negative mindset towards a thing. Nothing good can come out of it. The months have been tagged evil so what do u expect. I will never subscribe to this. Ire temi ma temi lowo ninu Ember months. Amen.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by japhmanuel: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Historically/Biblically, there is no evidence about the "Ember" month(s) being a period be-witched with evil. The period itself reflects a self-appraisal of an individual asseseing his/ her achievement against set goal since the beginning of the year whlist realising that the year will come to and end soon. This may breed anxiety, fear and restraint. During the Ember months often record higher rate of crime(Robbery, Kidnapping, Fraud etc) and also road accidents due to anxiety associated with the period.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by deebrain(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
eghuan1: but october no end wit ember na

Please tell them...
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by antartica(m): 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Because they lack fundamental common sense.They never take their time to think that all months are the same and that there is nothing to hurry about,even though it is christmas.

And of course death trap roads that can not handle sudden increase in traffic congestions,aswell as lack of traffic rules and regulations.People drive like deranged animals like the socalled leaders and they expect to stay alive.

Nigeria is a lawless and thoughtless country for real.Anybody that denies it is either a subhuman or a devious traitor.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by trolling(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
never heard people were scared of ember months until now
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by judedwriter(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
because enemies try to finish their agenda for lives b4 d year runs out: the ember months should b full of prayers.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Rejoice5000(f): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ember month is like every other month, well the post was not commenting to wat i have in mind nothing like evil ad all that its ones faith,my thinking about ember month is what will i buy 4 my parents,my siblings,my baby etc,
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Ediss(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't believe on those nonsense, thought its end time things anyways
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by sucezTP(f): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't know for them o..instead of them to have settled their creditors around july or august and prepare against december, they won't! Why do they have to wait till september when their blood pressure increase before they could pay their debts!
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by vkon(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ember month to me is very special in a positive way nt d other way round
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by olupetre: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Mentcee(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
I must say that there is nothing like 'ember' months! October is not ember! Unless u mean Octember!

Hit like if u agree pls!
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by iamdsam: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
eghuan1: but october no end wit ember na
The month don already get the ber (abi na eba). So, na the same thing too *winks*
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by iamdsam: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
There's nothing special or scary about the four months. December might be a very busy month though but over spiritual people turn it to something else and even the illiterates. There's nothing special but you can make it special though
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Gudintent: 6:25am On Sep 02, 2013
Scared?

Why?

Though one thing I realise about the ember months is they go so fast

Then again might be me ageing faster than the ember months cool
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Howto: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
That is the same question i use to asked myself because i see no reason why a Christians should be scared or have fear about ember month when they know they are saving a living God, some says people really die during ember month yes i agree with them but if it is not God's will for you 2 die no one can kill you so my advice to them is that they should stop being scared instead they should be prayerful.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by tpia1: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2014
papaejima1:

@OP, what's the meaning of the bolded?

Sorry mate, just asking cos google has refused to help!!.... grin grin

waive,
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by tpia1: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by Blackfire(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
the top 8 problem of this country is religion and gullible people who dont ask questions

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by itstpia1: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
judedwriter:
because enemies try to finish their agenda for lives b4 d year runs out: the ember months should b full of prayers.

Hmmmm
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by dein77(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
The fear for ember months is as a result of decades of misinformation and manipulation. I wrote a similar post a few weeks ago. There's nothing actually sinister about them. We have been fed with wrong information right from our youths.

There is no reason whatsoever why people, especially Christians, should be afraid of the ember months.
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by tpiander: 3:22am On Aug 31, 2015
as we enter the ember months. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by tpiander: 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months by tpiadotcom: 1:25am On Nov 21, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy / No Plan To Retire Now, Says Kumuyi / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.