Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,090 members, 7,957,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? (1222 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by chronique(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2008
am puttin out this thread coz of the way some naija emcees get to em-bar-raz us.it goes down like this.u are interviewing a nigerian rapper on air.he goes blabbing, bla bla bla.so can u do a little freestyle for us?next thing,he starts dropin rhymes from one of his unreleased singles or some kinda unpopular song.his fans at home think he's so tite.the question is this.is freestyle meant to be sweet and perfect?my opinion abt it is that u rhyme about anthing in ur immediate environ.or anything u can think of.not givin us already rehearsed lines.maybe i might be wrong rite?then i need someone to correct me.tel me wat u think.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by javalove(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
hmmm u r rite jare, lots of dem are wack in dis regard,
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by owolomo(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2008
my guy u are right , THE QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ASKED IS THOSE THIS WACK EMCEES CLAIMIN TO BE RAPPERS KNW WHAT FREESTYLIN IS? nothin do us,
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by fastmoney(m): 1:44am On Jun 15, 2008
u right man, its no just a naija ting but 95% of mainstream artist cant freestyle or they always drop pre-writen rhymes when asked to freestyle, there are only a few artist that really freestyle most times such as, lil flip, cassidy, rakim.
the real mc's that can go word for word freestyles and on the block and got no record deals.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2008
chronique:

am puttin out this thread because of the way some naija emcees get to em-bar-raz us.it goes down like this.u are interviewing a nigerian rapper on air.he goes blabbing, bla bla bla.so can u do a little freestyle for us?next thing,he starts dropin rhymes from one of his unreleased singles or some kind of unpopular song.his fans at home think he's so tite.the question is this.is freestyle meant to be sweet and perfect?my opinion about it is that u rhyme about anthing in your immediate environ.or anything u can think of.not givin us already rehearsed lines.maybe i might be wrong rite?then i need someone to correct me.tel me what u think.

I think you're hating this artiste you're talking about.

fastmoney:

u right man, its no just a naija ting but 95% of mainstream artist can't freestyle or they always drop pre-writen rhymes when asked to freestyle, there are only a few artist that really freestyle most times such as, little flip, cassidy, rakim.
the real mc's that can go word for word freestyles and on the block and got no record deals.

Very true. Very few artistes freestyle in the real sense of it. And, you can't tell who freestyles and who doesn't.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by makavele: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
@all

JOBLESS
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by tosinadeda: 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2008
makavele:

@all

JOBLESS

foolish grin grin

bact to the topic, most rappers really cant freestyle and its kinda bad
Re: Nigerian Rappers Can't Freestyle? by fastmoney(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2008
makavele:

@all

JOBLESS

major disadvantage of CRACK,

(1) (Reply)

She Don't Let Nobody- Chakademus And Pliers / New Tiwa Savage: Ife Wa Gbona + National Anthem / Darey's 'double Dare' Album Cover - Might Drop On 28th February.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.