Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment (4122 Views)

Voluntary Jobs In Uk/canada For Graduate & Undergraduates / Study Permit For Graduate Certificate - Canada / Who Has A Clue In Uk Varsities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 8ball(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2008
among the blue chip companies in nigeria,it is believed that some uk universties offer the right combination of academic study n practical exposure to their students thus making them more employable than students from other schools.top on the list are robert gordon university,heriot watt,imperial college,oxford,cambridge.what do u guys think about it?
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by succeedo: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2008
some of the universities could be living on past glories,i can only stand in for the Robert Gordon University,its a modern university with an international reputation for providing high quality education that is linked to the professional needs of individuals and businesses.Their reputation reflects both the quality of their teaching and strong links with industries.
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by paribus(m): 12:41am On Jun 15, 2008
For the guys in financial arena,  I do 'presume' that an MBA from the London School of Economics carries a lot of weight with employers especially those in the banking sector. However the programme is quite expensive.
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by debosky(m): 12:44am On Jun 15, 2008
what is so fantastic about RGU? I know people who've gone there for oil and gas engineering but had to go work in banks. . .I think that school is simply a business run to give the impression that an oil and gas qualification is your ticket to an oil job when its not true. It may be a good institution, but i dont think its fantastic and it probably isn't that high up in UK school rankings, past glory or not.
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by IncaGold(m): 4:16am On Jun 15, 2008
@8ball,
some couple of months back, i was a bit confused about picking a good school in the uk but all that is history now. Back to your list, talking of schools with good graduate employment (i guess you mean post-grad level) if i'm right i dont RGU and Heriot-Watt merit that list. You failed to mention quality schools like Warwick, Lancaster, Cranfield, Manchester etc.
PS: my opinion though
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by succeedo: 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2008
debosky:

what is so fantastic about RGU? I know people who've gone there for oil and gas engineering but had to go work in banks. . .I think that school is simply a business run to give the impression that an oil and gas qualification is your ticket to an oil job when its not true. It may be a good institution, but i don't think its fantastic and it probably isn't that high up in UK school rankings, past glory or not.

u sound as if u have something against RGU,incase if u don't know,its the 4th rated graduate employment university in UK(1st cambridge,2nd imperial college,3rd london school of economics).Their strong links with industry is unbeatable.Rgu is the pioneer of SHELL SITP Nigeria,Sonatrach(oil company)algeria,LUKoil venezuela,chevron online global training,subsea Uk etc.Check out their accolades;consecutively,2006,2007,top university for graduate employment in Uk.Please,dnt think and say that; the school is simply a business run to give the impression that an oil and gas qualification is your ticket to an oil job, use a whole gamut of considerations and facts to level out your points when you talk.We all know that man maketh himself,a havard university graduate can still turn out to be a junkie, peace out smiley
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 4Play(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2008
debosky:

what is so fantastic about RGU? I know people who've gone there for oil and gas engineering but had to go work in banks. . .I think that school is simply a business run to give the impression that an oil and gas qualification is your ticket to an oil job when its not true. It may be a good institution, but i don't think its fantastic and it probably isn't that high up in UK school rankings, past glory or not.

Its 55th in the Times ranking but 4th for graduate prospects(absolutely unbelievable).Ultimately,it depends on your course of study.
[url]http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug/gooduniversityguide.php?sort=PROSPECTS
[/url]

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug/gooduniversityguide.php
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 8ball(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2008
Guys,is this some war of atrition or something.What's all this stuff about u guys denigrating the excellent employment prospects of RGU.by way of Uk rankings,they currently rank 55th but have been consistently ranked one of the best in the Uk by the Times university guide as the destination for most student for higher learning n for graduate employment.And now from a strict Engrg. perspective,the corporate arm of the UNi,called UNIVATION has initiated commendable customized training for so many oil coys ranging from SHELL SITP,Vetco UK.Subsea UK.Lukoil,Venezuela,Sonatrah,Algeria,PTDF overseas scholarship scheme,PDVSAVIAH project,Chevron global.The aim of this forum is to advise people who are infomatively deficient n help them make a good choice in their pursiut of higher learning.But as much as we have this in mind,we must be quite constructive of all our views knowing that one made out of error could mislead another.About my brother that said that many RGU pg students work in the banks,am yet to hear of something like that though this is not an outright guarantee that an Oil n gas degree from Rgu will give one outright job i the oil coys.It's just that it better places their graduates than others given their outsatnding business links with a very good number of national oil companies.So brava,pls stop discouraging prospective students that would think that all those yo comments about RGU not being so impressive in terms of Graduate employment is true cos it isn't one bit.I will advise n assure anyone with an interest in the oil and gas sector in the light of all these evidence that an RGU degree is most favoured by his/her prospective employers.If still in doubt,u guys are not dumb,use the web,after all why is there if not provide info for all.

be better informed before u ever make a comment,
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by MethodMan3(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2008
IncaGold:

@8ball,
some couple of months back, i was a bit confused about picking a good school in the uk but all that is history now. Back to your list, talking of schools with good graduate employment (i guess you mean post-grad level) if i'm right i don't RGU and Heriot-Watt merit that list. You failed to mention quality schools like Warwick, Lancaster, Cranfield, Manchester etc.

The highlighted schools above are pretty much living on its glory as excellent MBA schools but

Manchester and Warwick both have a decent average on graduate employment figures

RGU AND HERIOT WATT overall is not good enough, specific courses (e.g oil and gas courses) are fine at both

but overall m not convinced they rank way up there, we are talking overall courses here guys common!
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by IncaGold(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2008
@8ball,
are oil companies the only one that recruits? Your focus is entire in the oil industry, anyways i guess different schools have their competencies but overall RGU is not as great as u make it seem. It's a good school no doubt!
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by lucabrasi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2008
studying in iversity of salford in manchester but thinking of changing tomanchester metropolitan,can anyone pls tell me what eployers in nigeria rate salford and if other universities in manchester is better
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 8ball(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2008
@lucabrasi

It depends on the course that u're studying but on the overall,i think the University of manchester has quite an impressive statistics wiv graduate employments.It appears quite imperative that u're looking at these factors before making your choice,i think that is very commendable cos wiv the whole horde of schools in the Uk,u never can tell.So brava,a degree from the Manchester University is quite decent to get a good job tho not an automatic guarantee.

be guided accordingly .All the best man
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by lucabrasi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
@8ball
ok then thanx a lot man,im studying politics with criminology at the moment in salford university so im not sure if i shud stay on and finish at salford or change to uni of manchester another option is to finish at salford university and maybe do a masters at uni of manchester, what dyu think ll make sense as per being attractive to employers in nigeria
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 8ball(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2008
@Lucabrasi

I pressume,u're doing an undergraduate study in Salford.It will be unwise to stop at this stage.my candid advise is that u should finish up there and the n proceed to Manchester University.
all the best man
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by lucabrasi(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2008
ok then,thanx a lot for that will do
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by paribus(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Lucabrasi - Your course combination is interesting. Politics and Criminology. I bet you'll be one of the few Nigerians taking this combination. Just out of curiosity, do you primarily intend to stay back and work in the UK or seek employment in Nigeria? Please no offence meant at all. Regards
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by lucabrasi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2008
paribus:

@Lucabrasi - Your course combination is interesting. Politics and Criminology. I bet you'll be one of the few Nigerians taking this combination. Just out of curiosity, do you primarily intend to stay back and work in the UK or seek employment in Nigeria? Please no offence meant at all. Regards
yea i get told that a lot,i actually wanted law but some racist fool refused me and i opted for politics with crim with the mind of doing masters in law speciallicing in crim law,plus i did a little bit of research and discovered there r a lot of places i cud work in nigeria,i plan to go straight back to naij soon as i finish
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by Busybody2(f): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
IncaGold:

@8ball,
some couple of months back, i was a bit confused about picking a good school in the uk but all that is history now. Back to your list, talking of schools with good graduate employment (i guess you mean post-grad level) if i'm right i don't RGU and Heriot-Watt merit that list. You failed to mention quality schools like Warwick, Lancaster, Cranfield, Manchester etc.

Outta curiousity which one did you settle for eventually and why?
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by Busybody2(f): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2008
8ball:

@Lucabrasi

I pressume,u're doing an undergraduate study in Salford.It will be unwise to stop at this stage.my candid advise is that u should finish up there and the n proceed to Manchester University.
all the best man

Motion seconded.
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by 8ball(m): 11:28am On Jun 25, 2008
@busy body

well,as a graduate of chemical engineering wiv a strategic interest in the upstream oil n gas sector.I choose the Robert Gordon University that offered me Oil and Gas engineering.I would seem that was the only School that offered me the course that very well suited my career aspirations.

Hope av anwsered yo Q
Re: The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment by Chydobe: 12:34am On Aug 20, 2022
United Kingdom (UK) is home to one of the finest and top ranked schools in the world. United Kingdom has the best school facilities and takes great pride in the quality and standards her school possess.

It is worthy of note to state that, on the list of global university ranking, two UK schools sit comfortably amongs the top 5 schools in the world. This article brings to your knowledge the best top 10 universities in UK and reasons why they made the top 10 universities in UK list.

Click on the link below to see the list of top best universities in UK

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-uk-best-ranked-universities-in-uk/

(1) (Reply)

More Photos Of Eko Black Pearl Tower After Commisioning! / Please How Is Life In Slovakia? / Why Do Black People Seem To Be Such Leeches And Parasites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.