Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why Brasil Should Join The African Union - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Brasil Should Join The African Union (1014 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by panafrican(m): 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Reading from South Atlantic News Agency

Black population becomes the majority in Brazil
Brazil and its almost 200 million population is no longer a country of white majority. The credit now belongs to the 49.6% black or mulatto population compared to the 49.4% defined as white and this is set to increase in coming years with that percentage increasing to 54, according to a recent report from the Rio do Janeiro Federal University.
Continue reading @ http://en.mercopress.com/2009/04/25/black-population-becomes-the-majority-in-brazil
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by igbo2011(m): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2013
Brazil is one of the most racist countries in the world. THe lighter yu are the more privilege you have. They would try and control the AU to much.
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Afam4eva(m): 7:58am On Sep 08, 2013
You've not finished wooing the Black Carribean countries like Jamaica, Haiti, Barbados etc and it's Brazil that you want to woo. Your reason why they should join the AU is quite daft. Do the black people in Brazil have a separate government from the whites?
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by thoth: 10:26am On Sep 08, 2013
Looking at it from a strategic angle, i would not advise AU to admit any country that is outside this continent , as any country not from africa holding a vote or inlfuence creates a leak whereby African interest can be manipulated and undermined by foreign parties.

I will not deny that it would be a strategic Advantage for the AU to have its fingers and feet in and around the world using the constituent black populations, it would be a great opportunity to have countries close to US like jamica,haiti, barbadors under direct influence of the AU and countries where many nations has great interest like Brasil and Peru as well, However, i strongly believe such adventures will be worth it if Africa has sorted itself out first, becomes well intergrated, cleaned itself of puppet leaders and create cohesive institutions and comprehensive policies to guide it to forster unity. Once we have attained that stage in our Development then we can even claim Austrailia for ourselves...the aborigines are black right ? grin
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by igbo2011(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
thoth: Looking at it from a strategic angle, i would not advise AU to admit any country that is outside this continent , as any country not from africa holding a vote or inlfuence creates a leak whereby African interest can be manipulated and undermined by foreign parties.

I will not deny that it would be a strategic Advantage for the AU to have its fingers and feet in and around the world using the constituent black populations, it would be a great opportunity to have countries close to US like jamica,haiti, barbadors under direct influence of the AU and countries where many nations has great interest like Brasil and Peru as well, However, i strongly believe such adventures will be worth it if Africa has sorted itself out first, becomes well intergrated, cleaned itself of puppet leaders and create cohesive institutions and comprehensive policies to guide it to forster unity. Once we have attained that stage in our Development then we can even claim Austrailia for ourselves...the aborigines are black right ? grin

Maybe we can have Afro Brazilians and African Americans and Black Britains joi. But mainly whites run these countries. And they are racist.

1 Like

Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Princewill1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
I strongly support any country that have significant enthic black popution (not immigrant popution) to join the AU as an observer member.The observatory status will help us carry them along in what we do in Ethiopia.They are our brothers and sisters.They are in the pacific region,carribean,US and latin america suffering due to the imperialistic dids of our traditional enemy,i even want them to return to their root to settle.As a Pan-Africanist i believe firmly that the blackrace all over the world should unite to forge a common front,we are the most persecuted race\people on earth today after the jews.

1 Like

Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Horus(m): 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
I think that the Black majority in Brazil can create their own state and join the African Union
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
it's also imperative to know that the African Union is not an racial group but a regional group. It's fro countries in Africa and not black countries as Northern African countries are also members.
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by free2ryhme: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
panafrican: Reading from South Atlantic News Agency

the African union is a regional organizational and not a racial organization
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by thoth: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2013
igbo2011:

Maybe we can have Afro Brazilians and African Americans and Black Britains joi. But mainly whites run these countries. And they are racist.
If Africans are really sorted out and stable, this is a very tremendous advantage for the African nations, causing chaos in those white controlled nations would never have been easier especially America, but the case is that we Africans especially black African nations does not present a better option and can not even unite to form a single front.
You really don't know the opportunities that chaos can bring fort....believe me it is a lot.
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by panafrican(m): 3:43am On Sep 13, 2013
igbo2011: igbo2011: Brazil is one of the most racist countries in the world. THe lighter yu are the more privilege you have. They would try and control the AU to much.
Well ,well !! if they are racist, we could use White south Africans to discriminate against them too. Once they feel left aside, they will wise up and fit in grin
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Horus: I think that the Black majority in Brazil can create their own state and join the African Union
that would be treason
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by luckyDon1: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
Brazil cannot join the AU because its not in African continent.African union is strictly for African nations.It is a regional organisation.Afterall there Brazil has its own regional body called the Organisation of South American states.
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by Horus(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
souldust: that would be treason

Treason?, How?. Can you explain?
Re: Why Brasil Should Join The African Union by panafrican(m): 4:51am On Sep 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

the African union is a regional organizational and not a racial organization
I learned that Israel is part of Europe.
Also why is Australia part of the Western world while it is not that far from South Africa in East.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Yazidi Women, Girls Kidnapped By Islamic State For Sex Slaves / Meet "Abu Hattab", 13-year-old Jihadi Preparing To Join ISIS Militants In Syria / South Africa Moves To Impeach President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.