Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,051 members, 7,849,251 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria (23601 Views)

Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Kofi Annan Resigns As UN Envoy To Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Pattey(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
confusion247:
Please there is enough evidence to prove that Assad used chemical weapon on his people.
Israeli intelligence intercepted a phone conversation between Assad generals on how to cover the evidence by bombing the area and passed the conversation to CIA.
France have shown satellite images to show the origin of rocket attack that carried the chemical weapons.

Israel intercepeted a phone call? Are you this naïve! Gosh!!!!

Any dickhead can be made to record a supposed phone call bro. Or did U verify the voices in that recording to be whom Israel claim they are?

France can keep ranting. . . Al their time to dance to their song of shame will soon come

5 Likes

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by blkmum700: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
Zane2point4:

Aahahahaha,oga your post is one of the dumbest i have ever seen,its obvious you have little or no military knowledge,now listen up pls.
Do you know that only a single destroyer ship let's even not mention carrier blc am sure u don't know what a carrier is,a single destroyer is enough to hold a city as big as lagos hostage with constant bombardment of precise topedo missiles and tomhawks?and still be capable of defending itself with its radar?now let me talk little about carrier,do you know that a carrier can carry about 20 fighter jets and even the world's most sophisticated gadgets is been loaded in the ship even anti missiles,do you know that those fighter jets it carries like the almighty ''harrier'' can even take off without even the runways and engage its targets within minutes of radar detection,let's just simply put it this way,a battalion of aircraft carrier can destroy a country as big as nigeria within 2weeks.

yours is the dumbest post have read on here if you think a single destroyer can withstand multiple missiles at a time,with it's defense system cant withstand 20 missile at a time,You simple doesn't know what you are saying,same battalion of Aircraft carrier that can't destroy North Korean in Korean War or Vietnam ,do you know how many lost American suffers in those wars?You must think other countries don't have destroyer to face America destroyers.

a battalion of aircraft carrier can destroy a country as big as Nigeria within 2weeks.

The statement above actually make me laugh because the same Aircraft carrier can't destroy small Iran for months in Gulf War.

3 Likes

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by firetrap(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
confusion247:
Please there is enough evidence to prove that Assad used chemical weapon on his people.
Israeli intelligence intercepted a phone conversation between Assad generals on how to cover the evidence by bombing the area and passed the conversation to CIA.
France have shown satellite images to show the origin of rocket attack that carried the chemical weapons.

was it not the same Israel that gave resounding evidence that Saddam had WMD and those same satellite images where whipped up and presented to the UN general assembly and up to this point not one shred of WMD has been found. don't believe everything cos phone conversation can be faked and satellite images photoshopped.

5 Likes

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
IT HAS BEGUN! :-D
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
Let me just dump today's updates here before I fvck off the thread! tongue

1)
The Russia's Defence Ministry says it has detected two ballistic 'objects' fired towards the eastern Mediterranean.

Reuters cites the Russian news agency RIA Novosti for the report.

We'll have more details as we get them.

10.08am BST
A little more detail on that alarming Russian report via Reuters:

Russian radar detected two ballistic "objects" that were fired towards the eastern Mediterranean from the central part of the sea on Tuesday, state-run news agency RIA quoted the Defence Ministry as saying.

The Defence Ministry declined immediate comment to Reuters. A ministry official had earlier criticised the United States for deploying warships in the Mediterranean close to Syria.

On Monday it emerged that Russia had dispatched a military reconnaissance ship to the eastern Mediterranean, where five US warships are operating in the lead-up to a widely expected air strike in Syria.

The Priazovye departed for the Syrian coast on Sunday to keep tabs on the situation there, Russia's state news agency Itar-Tass quoted a military source as saying. Russia's foreign minister has previously said his country was not planning to become involved in a military conflict over Syria.

"This is the normal policy of any fleet in the case of an increase in tensions in any ocean or sea," the source said.

The Russian deployment follows the arrival last week of the USS Stout, a guided missile destroyer, sent to relieve the USS Mahan. A US defence official told AFP that both destroyers might remain in the area for now. Along with the Ramage, the Barry and the Gravely, the destroyers could launch Tomahawk missiles at targets in Syria if Obama orders an attack.

A group of US ships led by the aircraft carrier Nimitz have been deployed in the Arabian Sea.

3)

Israel said on Tuesday it was unaware of any ballistic missile launch being conducted in the eastern Mediterranean.

"We are not aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred," a military spokeswoman in Jerusalem said after a Russian news agency reported the launch of two ballistic "objects" from the central part of the sea eastward.

4)

Israel confirms missile test
Israel has confirmed that it carried out a joint missile test with the US in the Mediterranean, according to the latest brief update from Reuters.

The Russians appear to have been on to something after all.

5)

Israel said it carried out a test of a missile, used as a target in a US funded anti-missile system, in the Mediterranean on Tuesday.

The Israeli Defence Ministry said the test was conducted at 9:15 a.m. (0615 GMT), about the same time that Russia's state-run RIA news agency reported that Russian radar had detected the launch of two ballistic "objects" in the Mediterranean.

6) Yanks in denial - innate puzzies!

The US Navy said it didn't fire missiles as part of joint tests announced by the Israelis.

Reuters quotes a US Navy spokesman as saying: "No missiles were fired from US ships in the Mediterranean," said the spokesman.

He had no further comment on the reported missile activity, it added. In other words he didn't deny that the US was involved in missiles test with Israel.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/middle-east-live/2013/sep/03/syria-crisis-2-million-refugees-live

I'm out, yo! cool

1 Like

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Horus(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by 50calibre(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
ShymmexLion:

Can't you see how it changed course? And it's supersonic - that will make anti-missile defense systems practically useless against it especially if they fire multiple missiles at once.

Heck, even the obsolete Libyan anti-ship missiles still damaged a few NATO ships during the Libyan intervention. Now imagine what this one would do.

Hope you know most long-range missiles today are supersonic? If it was hypersonic, then il agree it would be uncatchable based on sheer speed but believe me, most missile shields today ( especially by the Americans ) are designed to cater for supersonic projectiles like this.

However, I agree the US won't want that beast flying towards them, as there are lots of other factors that can make that missile difficult to defend, like heat signature, manoeuvrability ETC
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by 50calibre(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Akpa ife: I love israel

Dumbo!! Why do you love Israel, can you give me one cogent reason why you love Israel?

Ignoramus

5 Likes

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Horus(m): 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
[img]http://www.eurasian-defence.ru/sites/default/files/Arkados/enginery/scud_missile.jpg[/img]

Russian missilles delivered to the Syrian army
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
50calibre:
Hope you know most long-range missiles today are supersonic? If it was hypersonic, then il agree it would be uncatchable based on sheer speed but believe me, most missile shields today ( especially by the Americans ) are designed to cater for supersonic projectiles like this.

However, I agree the US won't want that beast flying towards them, as there are lots of other factors that can make that missile difficult to defend, like heat signature, manoeuvrability ETC

Anti-ship missiles aren't long range missiles, so being supersonic is extremely top-notch. Only ICBMs are hypersonic.

Also, the advantages the Yakhont have are: its trajectories and maneuverability, stealthiness and electronic countermeasures. That's a bad-boy toy that would turn destroyers, submarines, corvettes et al into scrap metal. grin

I'm out this time - got work to do! cool
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Horus(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
[img]http://oplatsen.files./2011/08/iskander-e.jpg[/img]

Missiles from Syrian Army
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by MANOSUB(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lord have mercy
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Freedani(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
I'm not trying to be bigot,but let me ask this question. Which religion like power the way police like N20?
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by blkmum700: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Horus: [img]http://4.bp..com/-qe1sAkQOrz4/T4Wjs7ui9_I/AAAAAAAAEcM/WdUsgYzFp9E/s1600/Iskander-K_MAKS2007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.anninhthudo.vn/Uploaded/caominh/2013_06_29/iskander.jpg[/img]

Russia Delivers Iskander 9K720 AntiPatriot Missiles to Syria

The first picture above is that the S300 system America is asking Russian not to deliver to Syria and you have any source for this,so i can read it up?
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Onyenna(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yunglord111: Nation will rise against nation.

End time tinz.....
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Horus(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2013

President Bashar al-Assad's forces have moved several Scud missiles and dozens of launchers
from a base north of Damascus, possibly to protect the weapons from a Western attack
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by misterh(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fantacy1: Let Peace reign and God Bless and keep America stronger 4 dis selfless Peace keeping of d intire globe....
Selfless Sir, there's always a reason behind any action. There is no altruistic tendency as far as the US is concerned. Same with other countries.
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Horus(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
blkmum700:

The first picture above is that the S300 system America is asking Russian not to deliver to Syria and you have any source for this,so i can read it up?

And the Russians will obey in a submisive manner to America?

Source: http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/07/22/315014/russia-committed-to-s300-syria-deal/
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
syria is in trouble, God help syria

1 Like

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by AbuMikey(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
mascot87:
So you don't know that Isreal is an ally of US?Get that into your skull. undecided
Firstly, spell re-spell the bolded, then you come back for some schooling.
Here's just an old school excerpt for you wink
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article31994.htm
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by marcangelo(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
If USA Nak Syria Apako.... World War 111 b has bgan ..
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by ALISMILE(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
We are so dumb and so blind that we cant even see beyond our nose. We are sooooo treacherous that we wish unbelievable tins for our enemies. Anytime US wants to go to war for Isreal they look for excuses to do it. More than 1 million lives were lost in Iraq on the pretext of disarming her of WMD. Today similar excuses/evidence is being concocted in other to lunch more wars at the espence of thausands of lives,many of whom will be women and children.While many of us sit in the comfort of our homes we do not know wat it means for a jet bomber to fly above our homes wit the possility of droppin a bomb, over an issue we know notin about. Let us know that wat we wish for others mite happen to us if we are not careful.

4 Likes

Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
two powerful countries are going to clash, i know it will involve Russia, usa, isreal and iran, with russia and iran in support of syria and isreal, uk, france and usa are in support of each oda
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
payless: I hope Assad is killed.
they should blow out his brain.
Well you're right.but I'm still scared.
Somorin#1:

Yes I would say that. I would hope that your Fiance knew the possibilities of the ultimate sacrifice for his country when he joined up.

I have a Marine and Air Force as a Niece and Nephew.

We need your Fiance, my military family and others service members to stand up for what they signed up for when they are called into action. It's why they get VA benefits, etc

You are doing him a disservice by second guessing his service to the country.
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by Freedani(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
rahazaqa: Us don dey price and dey will pay soon..
so for ur mind now,u bliv the us will regret this?
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by AbuMikey(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
dfolan: Iran can't do nothing, that country is just trying to gain relevance in the comity of nations. the Arab have no regards for Iran , rather they respect Egypt more than they do Iran

How about using Nuclear Weapons? undecided
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by AbuMikey(m): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
rahazaqa: and us/israel can't mess up with russia/iran ..they will be fried!!
Tell them Sir!!!!
They Don't Know!
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by emmymdk: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Each time I see these warships,it reminds me of how desperate I was to join the US Marines but wasn't approved by the Defence Headquarters... The few the proud (US MARINES)
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by prince13: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
I love America for helping to fight against dictatorship and seat tight leaders that wants to rule for life as if the seat of power is a
family business, really i am strongly in support of America intervention in syria because it is the only thing that can end the over two years
War that seems not to have an end in sight in Sysia.
royale442: i hate U.S.A!
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by pinpinkay: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Goodluck shud do something bfor it gets to nigeria oooh
Re: US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria by AbuMikey(m): 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pattey:

Lol @ 'Effect of Coke'. . . wuda liked ur post if u dint mention Israel angry
Lol cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Houthis Knock Out Underwater Cables Linking Europe To Asia - Globes / Russia Proposes Law To Expel Foreigners Who Push ‘LGBTQ+ Propaganda’ / James Heappey: Terrorists are trying to Sneak Into Britain On Evacuation Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.