Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? (753 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Why Is 'Nigger' Offensive? / Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? by TONYE001(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
I was just wondering when fellow Nairalanders would learn to comment POLITELY.

I believe there are multiple ways to make known your views without hitting hard on people's feet ("toes" is an understatement).

Is it that the program, violence, is written on our DNA strands?

What do you think Nairalanders?

1 Like

Re: When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? by TONYE001(m): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2016
This may be an old post but I think it would be a good idea if it's taken to the Front Page for deliberation. There is no need to make known the obvious fact that this thread may help in the campaign against incivility here on Nairaland and beyond.

Lalasticlala, do you agree?
Re: When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 08, 2016
It's a cultural thing I think.
Re: When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? by TONYE001(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
It's a cultural thing I think.

I think it is one of those cultures we must unlearn. If we trace incidences of violence world-wide, we may find out that most cases of violence actually began from the use of strong words...against parties of a given communication.
Re: When Would Nairalanders Begin To Make Comments Void Of Offensive Words? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
TONYE001:

I think it is one of those cultures we must unlearn. If we trace incidences of violence world-wide, we may find out that most cases of violence actually began from the use of strong words...against parties of a given communication.

True. It's actually a form of violence.

(1) (Reply)

Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say / Anybody From Cross-river State? / Should I Tell Her How Much I Paid As Her Dowry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.